Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going for 3'(7.5cm) on External Fix Only (Tibias), Need Help!!  (Read 357 times)

Sanity

This is my 1st post on ll forums. Im glad to be a part of an awesome community. I will try to keep all this concise, to the point and short as possible.

I am 24 yo male at 5'8 exact. Im quite slim with sleak,lean and thin musculature and weigh 56-58kg. Now before i get bashed i know that is a respectable stature especially considering ppl here and im in no way denying that watsoever and ppl who do that deserve no respect. ppl who are 6' and say they wana be 6'4 but accept the fact they wana turn from quite tall to giant freak, i will respect them cause they can do watever they want with themselves and they are not denying the facts aswell. Then there r also ppl who are 6' and say they too wana be 6'4 because they say they are short at 6. I fking have 0 respect for them and wana kill them on sight(idc region).
Now i myself am 5'8 which is pretty much close to average (below average in some regions and avg in few). It is a very decent height.

My reason for wanting this are quite a few, i wont disclose all here but a few to keep it short and readable. All my family is tall. My family genetics is made up of giants like 5'11-6'3 everywhere. I messed up alot in my teens, my father and grandfather r so much taller. I didn't eat,i barely slept, was introvert always sitting and was always sick with fevers and diseases thruout my teens due to my own doing. Basically i destroyed myself. This has also affected my psychologically and left a deep dent on my psyche and confidence.

Ok now il talk about the important stuff. Im considering 7 to 7.5 on tibias with external ilazarov fixators only. This length is more than enough to satisfy me. I am also aware of all the complications. I have some queries and need some honest and sincere guidance from any pro-ll r veterans or doctors or just members like me or basically any1 can share in with me. Later i plan and promise to return the favour when im a patient and later on a veteran with my knowledge and experience.

- ok 1st of all, should i go for 7.5 on tibias is it safe (considering im 5'8 with somewat longer tibia's than our average ll seeker)?

- How long can i expect to walk fully normal without crutches/ext fix/anything. Just completely natural walk. wat would be the time
  frame? (will be using external illazarov fixators Only)

- My doc says he wont fix the proximal and distal ends of fibula to the tibia, he says its not needed, as i wont be pulling much he says
   he will just do the 1cm fibular resection which will be fine.
   But here Dr paley thinks otherwise: Should i show this to my doc and ask him to
   do it regardless ?

I have other queries but i hope i can clear them up aswell in the upcoming discussions. Thankyou every1 who posts. I really appreciate u guyz.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 07:24:53 AM by Sanity »
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up