Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tom Cruise  (Read 3968 times)

Valiant

Tom Cruise
« on: August 08, 2018, 06:37:16 AM »

Tom Cruise's height is reported to be around 170cm give or take. Anyone wonder why he has never gotten LL surgery done? Especially since he has the time and money.

His height is an issue for him. When going out in public, he reportedly commonly wears elevator shoes and in movies in close scenes with taller actors he at times stands on elevated platforms to reduce the height difference. With LL surgery he could avoid all that.

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
Re: Tom Cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »

He could if he wanted to, but he's successful enough as he is.  He's not the only short successful Hollywood actor by the way.
My guess as to why he hasn't done it:
He is an A list celeb, too much to risk, may be a problem with the various contracts and endorsements he has.
At 50+ he is now a little old to undergo this I would say

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »

He really doesn’t have the time to do LL I mean he could if he wanted to and he could also afford the best doctors but the problem is he on average does let’s say 2 movies a year which all together probably take around 7-8 months of filming not counting possible reshoots so he wouldn’t have enough time to undergo surgery or recover with his schedule and on top of it it’d be obvious he did LL everyone knows he’s only like 5’6-5’7

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

Because he is really handsome, he is not that short and of course because safe LL exists only in the last few years with internal methods and Cruise is relatively old to care about changing his height after all his successful carreer.
But even if he did it, hollywood reporters would have found it and the backlash he would suffer for being insecure would have done much more damage than being considered as short but still very handsome.

YellowSpike

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 01:01:25 PM »

It's funny because everyone always told me I look like Tom Cruise my entire life. They would all say "but Tom Cruise is short and you look just like him, why is your height such a problem?" Well, he's 5'7"/5'7.5", and I was 5'5" and some change (around 5'5.5" give or take). People didn't realize those two inches are HUGE (5'7" really is the final "cutoff," and even that is still short to many women, but at that height, you can at least compensate with other stuff like looks, money, etc.).

I always say, every inch between 5'5" and 5'8" is very, very important.

YungGud

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »

itslike every inch between 5 ft 10 and 6 ft1
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Valiant

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »

Not everyone shares this view, but I think as long as you're average height and above for the region or country where you live, your height shouldn't really be a problem or concern.

There is also actor, Peter Dinklage. Even with his dwarfism, for some reason he hasn't decided or choose not to undergo LL.  Considering his age now, it probably wouldn't be a good idea. But considering he would vastly improve his proportions if he did LL and if he did his arms too, his dwarfism wouldn't be that apparent. At a height of 135cm he could theoretically lengthen both Tibias and femurs and achieve a height of at least 150cm, making him taller than Danny DeVito.

YellowSpike

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »

itslike every inch between 5 ft 10 and 6 ft1

If you're talking about going from average to tall, then yes. But I was talking about going from a height where almost every woman is going to reject you based on your height alone/a height where you always will look short in a crowd to a height that, while still "short," won't get you rejected most of the time (based on height alone) and where you can appear average-ish. I'm 5'8" and some change now after LL (evening height), and it is absolutely no problem for me at all. Don't need to be any taller  8)

JON SNOW

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »

every standard deviation in males is aprox 3.5 cm  or  1.37 in , in my opinion every 4 or 5 cm you jump to another league

5 cm seems little compared to say your total height, but compared to 20 cm that is the gap between the  5 Percentile (166cm) and 95 Percentile (187cm) is very significant, every inch is very important

JON SNOW

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 03:42:52 PM »

I think that the reason tom has not resorted to cll is that his height simply does not bother him enough 

Having had success, money, fame, women for decades, I suppose go a long way 

or maybe he is afraid of the surgery itself and the criticisms of the people,  bloody hell maybe he does not know about cll 

YellowSpike

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »

every standard deviation in males is aprox 3.5 cm  or  1.37 in , in my opinion every 4 or 5 cm you jump to another league

5 cm seems little compared to say your total height, but compared to 20 cm that is the gap between the  5 Percentile (166cm) and 95 Percentile (187cm) is very significant, every inch is very important

Yeah but we have to consider that a 20cm gain (hell, even a 10cm) is not feasible for many people due to time/safety/money constraints. I knew 7cms from 166cm (which got me to 173cm) would make a big difference, and I was right. No one ever calls me short anymore. I know 173/5'8" is still "short" to many people (especially to many on this forum), but I had/have other things going for me like social skills, facial aesthetics, career, etc. such that 5'8" isn't an issue for me at all. For the most part, I blend in quite nicely in a crowded bar/at the workplace, etc.

If I were 5'2" and did 7cm" to get to around 5'5", I would be singing a very different tune. While that's still a great improvement (where you're at least the average height of a woman), you're still below the 5'7" "cutoff" to where you start always appearing short and getting rejected by virtually all women.

edwardv6

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »

He likes to do his own stunts and doesn't mind standing on objects for scenes to appear taller, he works around it and makes it work. Why don't you look at it this way, they can make a shorter guy look big and tall on screen but look what they have to do to Chris Evans in Captain America to make him look short and small, so Tom has versatility as an actor because of his height and again, about the stunts, smaller people are more agile and athletic, getting CLL would double the trouble.
banned for flaming/hostility

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »

Lol if you think a guy with Tom Cruise's face, money, and acting career would ever even consider getting CLL you are so far gone.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »

I just had Tom on the phone.. said he had just discovered this forum by chance and that he'd love to do CLL just to get back with Nicole

Android

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 06:15:34 AM »

Plenty of actors get nip/tuck cosmetic surgeries, but CLL is far from those relatively simple surgeries with fast recovery times. Even with Stryde it's a very arduous procedure that will take months before you're back to normal.

Would some successful actors add inches to their height if it was as easy and complication-free as a nose job or Botox injection? Yes. Regular people would too of course. But it's not, so only the brave, desperate, and/or somewhat crazy person will go through with CLL in its present form.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »

Lmao . You make my day.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »

I just had Tom on the phone.. said he had just discovered this forum by chance and that he'd love to do CLL just to get back with Nicole
LMAO.You made my day.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

Happy to hear that ))) 

Valiant

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 11:39:58 AM »

If anyone is interested, some Hollywood  leading actors arranged by height.

http://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/daily/vulture/2014/06/20/20-comparative-height.jpg

paj

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 07:51:15 PM »

It's funny because everyone always told me I look like Tom Cruise my entire life. They would all say "but Tom Cruise is short and you look just like him, why is your height such a problem?" Well, he's 5'7"/5'7.5", and I was 5'5" and some change (around 5'5.5" give or take). People didn't realize those two inches are HUGE (5'7" really is the final "cutoff," and even that is still short to many women, but at that height, you can at least compensate with other stuff like looks, money, etc.).

I always say, every inch between 5'5" and 5'8" is very, very important.

Tom Cruise also got jaw surgery. And is rich and famous and 1 in a million. I think you are right. People who say that short people should just "be like Tom Cruise" I feel are not being very honest with themselves or others on the opportunities there are for different people. They are probably well meaning, but do not relate.

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »

For those of you who doubt Tom Cruise's sex appeal or his sex symbol status.

Here's the fake one: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/tom-cruise-lookalike-how-wild-2032423

Let alone the real one.

Themissingpiece

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »

Being short doesn’t mean you have no sex appeal. If you get no attention from girls at your current height you won’t get much more if any after limb lengthening... I’m sorry I’ve tested it out myself I’m 5’6” tall and have always had a lot of attention from girls... even tonight I just got home from a club that I was at for around 1.5 hours and in that time I was blatantly hit on ( including dragging me on to the dance floor and grinding on me until I told her I had a gf) by 3 girls and 1 guy despite being in the bottom 5% of height in the club... and that was while I had no social confidence due to my height dysphoria...would I do better At 5’9”? Maybe but only with the taller girls.. if what your after is sex appeal limb lengthening might slightly improve it (also do to personal confidence) but not to the extent I expect many believe... facial aesthetics’s will always trump height and if you have 0 luck with girls at your current height you can’t change that with 2-3 inches of height... this might be a brutal reality to some but it’s the truth... that Being said I still consider limb lengthening for one day for personal self worth and confidence. My point is limb lengthening will only improve your life if your content with everything else in your life.. it’s not going to magically turn you into a ladies man and make you a chick magnet. If you want to do this surgery do it for you and not for anyone else because at 2-3 inches taller I’d still feel short at the clubbing scene

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »

Tom Cruise also got jaw surgery. And is rich and famous and 1 in a million. I think you are right. People who say that short people should just "be like Tom Cruise" I feel are not being very honest with themselves or others on the opportunities there are for different people. They are probably well meaning, but do not relate.

No proof of the jaw surgery.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »

Being short doesn’t mean you have no sxx appeal. If you get no attention from girls at your current height you won’t get much more if any after limb lengthening... I’m sorry I’ve tested it out myself I’m 5’6” tall and have always had a lot of attention from girls... even tonight I just got home from a club that I was at for around 1.5 hours and in that time I was blatantly hit on ( including dragging me on to the dance floor and grinding on me until I told her I had a gf) by 3 girls and 1 guy despite being in the bottom 5% of height in the club... and that was while I had no social confidence due to my height dysphoria...would I do better At 5’9”? Maybe but only with the taller girls.. if what your after is sxx appeal limb lengthening might slightly improve it (also do to personal confidence) but not to the extent I expect many believe... facial aesthetics’s will always trump height and if you have 0 luck with girls at your current height you can’t change that with 2-3 inches of height... this might be a brutal reality to some but it’s the truth... that Being said I still consider limb lengthening for one day for personal self worth and confidence. My point is limb lengthening will only improve your life if your content with everything else in your life.. it’s not going to magically turn you into a ladies man and make you a chick magnet. If you want to do this surgery do it for you and not for anyone else because at 2-3 inches taller I’d still feel short at the clubbing scene

That's the point of getting LL at your height. At 5'6", there are so many girls taller than you. Many white girls are 5'7"-5'8". 5'9"-5'10" are more rare but still perfectly acceptable height. Eg. Gal Gadot, Nicole Kidman whereas 5'11 is where it starts to get ugly for women.

Here's the thing, if you're 5'8" and the girl is 5'10". You're shorter, but tolerable. 2" shorter but still look good. In this case, more of the girl being too tall rather than you being too short. But if you're 5'6" and the girl is 5'10", it's a good 4"/10cm difference there. Even if the girl accepts, it won't be easy in the eyes of others since you literally would look like her kid or 10-year old little brother.

edwardv6

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »

That's the point of getting LL at your height. At 5'6", there are so many girls taller than you. Many white girls are 5'7"-5'8". 5'9"-5'10" are more rare but still perfectly acceptable height. Eg. Gal Gadot, Nicole Kidman whereas 5'11 is where it starts to get ugly for women.

Here's the thing, if you're 5'8" and the girl is 5'10". You're shorter, but tolerable. 2" shorter but still look good. In this case, more of the girl being too tall rather than you being too short. But if you're 5'6" and the girl is 5'10", it's a good 4"/10cm difference there. Even if the girl accepts, it won't be easy in the eyes of others since you literally would look like her kid or 10-year old little brother.
This entire post is composed of pure assumptions.

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »

What assumptions?

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »

ok?

edwardv6

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2018, 02:47:01 AM »

ok?
Calling out BS, got a problem?
What assumptions?
Every statement you made in your post? Was I not clear the first time?

Johnson1111

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2018, 02:57:31 AM »

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2018, 03:31:52 AM »

Calling out BS, got a problem?Every statement you made in your post? Was I not clear the first time?

Yes, it was totally unclear.

JON SNOW

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »

He did.

jaw, nose job and dental and who knows what else, he is a vain human ... like most of humanity, certainly most of us in this forum  8)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up