Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 110382 times)

BladeRunner

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2018, 07:16:52 PM »

Guys it’s not letting me post the photo of my Xray it says file is too big how do I do this

https://imgur.com/upload

then post the links here

Movie

« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2018, 08:43:16 AM »

Congrats bro! almost there!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Bosnian2018

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »

Imgur is what everyone uses.

This forum doesnt let you use its built in upload.

Let's hit that 8 cm for the win  !!!!!!

MirinHeight

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2018, 11:41:46 AM »

please post vid too. I am sorry to bug, but you have been saying that you are going to post video for many weeks now and have not posted. It will be great to see how one's walk is with the stryde nail.

Thank you for your time,
Mirin
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Cr7

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »

I do agree with mirinheight, pls post vids and especially x Ray's if you can. We all are super excited.

Pilor

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2018, 04:08:26 PM »

Add me to the list of excited people who would love to see a video

Renaissance

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »

Hi,
Do you know how many stryde patients there may be currently at the paley Institute. Do you discuss with them?
Are they okay?
I am very happy that you could reach 5 cm, I await the continuation of your adventure with impatience.
Have a good day

MyEvolution

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2018, 06:47:27 PM »

Yea sorry i’ve been procrastinating on the walking video I guess i’ll film it for you guys soon

Here is the Xray link
https://m.imgur.com/a/zVoFUoN

Update: i’ll be hitting 7cm in 3 days so i’m at 6.7cm atm & according to all the physiotherapy guys i’m gonna hit 8cm easy no problem. I just have to maintain & it should be an easy ride from here, only 13 days of lengthening to go!!
Once I hit 8cm i’ll make a summary post of all the different pains i went through & what to expect for yall. 13 days left boys lessss get it

Movie

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »

good   bro  8)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

MyEvolution

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2018, 03:56:54 AM »

Alright my LL homies here is a video of me walking at 7cm. I was using my toes a little on the yacht it wasnt exactly still. I took another video for you guys. I want to take a side view video for you guys but my hotel is too narrow for that atm, will upload a better video for you guys tomorrow but here it is

michael33

• Visitor
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:49 AM »

Damn dude - you gate looks really good.  Stryde seems like a revolutionizing technology.  How's it been so far - do you find people treat you differently with the added almost 3 in?  And would you recommend this procedure.

Pilor

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2018, 06:12:57 AM »

Incredible ! You look visable taller compared to your first video.

Do you walk without crutches? Still any pain?

Have a nice day.

MyEvolution

« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2018, 06:28:19 AM »

My right IT band is really sore but i mean its easy to ignore throughout the day. At night i’ll take tylenol PM but sometimes i’ll need an oxy, it really depends on the pain it comes and goes in waves

Yea man i was watching my old video omfg i look waaaaay more normal and better now i actually looked super short before LL is totally worth it
We were actually on a yacht today it was fun. Ive met a lot of sexy girls here i just say I had an injury. I dont use crutches just the cane, sometimes I ditch the cane if its a new girl

3 inches isnt crazy significant but every inch counts. My shoes with my lifts add 2.5 inches so NOW i measured I stand at 5’9 and a half in shoes which is litterally insane to from 5’4
When i hit 8cm i’ll be at 5’10 in my shoes

My goal is to come back and do 7cm in tibs which will put me at 5’10 bear feet, and around 6’0 and a half in shoes... now THAT is life changing

I was worried about proportions at first but man once i start working out it wont matter. Check out Simeon Panda on IG, his legs are WAY longer than his torso his torso is tiny but he is jacked so its okay.

6ft here we come baby

Bosnian2018

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2018, 06:46:01 AM »

damn dude I must say this wild. Just goes to show you externals vs internals. All the external diaries are like hell and the internal ones are like meh it's just something that'll pass.

cool

« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2018, 12:02:20 PM »

Wow man. This is crazy. I feel very tempted to travel to the US and get Stryde despite my fears of doing this all alone.
8)

MyEvolution

« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »

Wow man. This is crazy. I feel very tempted to travel to the US and get Stryde despite my fears of doing this all alone.

When r u doing it? Im coming back to do tibias we can so it together

cool

« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »

PMed you.
8)

Cr7

« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2018, 04:05:56 PM »

Alright my LL homies here is a video of me walking at 7cm. I was using my toes a little on the yacht it wasnt exactly still. I took another video for you guys. I want to take a side view video for you guys but my hotel is too narrow for that atm, will upload a better video for you guys tomorrow but here it is

Congratulations my evolution
Yours is the first stryde diary. Hope that you reach your goals easily and safely. Your gait is amazing in this phase. Your posts and videos will prove to be valuable for future lengtheners.
All the best.

MyEvolution

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2018, 07:45:32 PM »

8 DAYS TILL IM AT 8CM OMG OMG OMG

TemakiSushi

« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2018, 09:46:22 AM »

8 DAYS TILL IM AT 8CM OMG OMG OMG
I am and my friends are all excited to see your progress
Thank you very much for sharing your journey with whole world :D :D
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

Ascending

« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »

MyEvolution thank you very much for your diary.  It is really very exciting to see your progress so well.  This is a further example of Dr Paley and his excellent staff at the Paley institute.  I look forward to your Tibia lengthening diary.

MirinHeight

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »

wow that is incredible. I know your gait is not 100%
is that due to
- not being used to the length in femurs yet
or
-pain in the hip area where the nails were implanted

your diary is one of the best on here and I sincerely wish you a great recovery man!

Thank you ,
Mirin
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

MyEvolution

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »

Thank you guys so much for the support! I really tried to keep this diary clean, & as short and simple as possible for future LL’ers out there
I’ve passed 3 inches in 4 days I will be done at 8cm
I have a standing Xray to do to make sure both legs are exact same length. I have an appt monday with Dr.paley. Gonna ask when the earliest possible to do tibias considering my goal is 7cm in tibs so we’ll see what he says!!

Cyj

• Visitor
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2018, 04:36:43 AM »

Bro...Looking forward to hear about your next result of tibia !!!!

MyEvolution

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2018, 06:29:23 AM »

SUMMARY POST:
- we did it!! After the Xray with Dr.Paley today we have hit 8cm! Well not exactly
- My right leg is 8cm, left leg is 7cm
- for the next 10 days I will continue to lengthen my left leg only
- I never really noticed the difference
- I asked how long I have to wait to do tibias, paley says 1yr to stack the odds in my favour
- he says after about 1 month of stopping lengthening my walking should get really close to normal. To be updated
- my legs feel great, if I could lengthen to 9-10cm I totally would but i have hit the nail limit

SUMMARY OF JOURNEY & PAIN
- throughout this journey there is a concept called “Pain points” this means that as you lengthen and your leg stretches over the bone, nerves, etc, there are points where you will experience more pain than others. This is not proportional to how far you’ve gone (I felt most pain at 3.7cm-4.4cm and least pain at 6-7cm)

Pain medication:
- Tramadol
- Oxycodone (5mg)
- Tylenol Pm

Tramadol:
- This is something you can take every 4 hours to keep overall pain down. In my experience I had to take this weeks 2-4 because of self caused inflammation (more info under inflammation)
- I would recommend asking for this after you’ve already been given oxy
- you’ll likely only maybe need this first 1-4 weeks, you may not at all

Oxy
- This is not something you should take every 4 hours (eventho it says u should)
- oxy is super powerful and you can stack it (take more than one to increase the effect)
- you really want one batch of these in the beginning (42 pills) and only use them when you NEED to when you hit really high pain points. Explained more below
- Taking lots of Oxy can make you feel super high haha it’s kinda nice but please don’t misuse!

Tylenol Pm:
- a MUST HAVE
- I am still taking this till now, it helps you sleep like a baby
- first 3 weeks your sleep will suck because of pain and because it hurts too much to sleep on your side & I cannot sleep on my back

Those are the only pain meds I was using

First 3 weeks: Hell Week
Sources of pain
- Inflammation
- Post surgery pain
- sleep deprivation

Imflammation:
- what is it: Imagine someone punched you in the arm really hard. Eventually your arm will become purple and bruised. If then, someone even touches your purple bruise it’ll hurt! But imagine instead now, that someone is grabbing your arm by the bruise, and SQUEEZING your bruise to the point of agony and 10/10 pain; that’s what inflammation feels like where 1-10 represents how hard someone is squeezing on your bruised arm

- this is a per person basis & it’s directly linked to how much effort you put into strength training, so things like trying to walk, pushing yourself during PT, trying to physically do MORE. The irony is the more effort you put in, the more inflammed you become and more pain you will cause onto yourself. I had terrible inflammation pain I litterally could not sit down sometimes because I anxious to walk early so I started training a lot. I do NOT recommend this. Doing this again I would take it easy the first 3 weeks, let your body slowly get into it. Don’t walk if you dont need to, treat yourself like someone who just did surgery, not someone who’s trying to get super strong super fast. I also saw the same in another patient’s case. He was always telling us how he is excersising all the time, & he also complained about inflammation pain. On the other hand, another patient took more of a laying in bed type of approach, and litterally never used ANY of his narcotic pain perscription! That’s the kinda experience you wanna go for, at least for the first 3 weeks because your body is super fragile just take it slow

If you do end up inflammed, you’ll want to take Tramadol every 4 hours to minimize your pain. Once you start to get inflammed it’s a  ty cycle that’s hard to get out of. i recommend a comfy bed to lay in, in my case Homewood suites Kingsize bed is super comfy
Do not take oxy every 4 hours, dont even take oxy during the day. Your body will get addicted and you dont want that. You can take 1-2 oxy at night to if your pain is too high but dont take it during the day
Always take your tylenol pm to sleep well
You will also be losing weight. I lost 10lb 2 days after surgery. The more weight you lose, the more pain you will feel when you try to sleep on the side because you will feel the pins sites

Post surgery pain:
- This sucks but it’s not as bad
- it’s the pin sites that hurt when you touch them (dont touch!) and fluid buildup caused from surgery
- fluid buildup only hurts when you stretch, but you have to stretch it out to get rid of it. It’ll feel like your leg is swollen and like normal stretching soreness
- dont worry to much about fluid build up just stretch 3 times / day & it goes away, not a big deal

Sleep dep:
- pain wakes you up
- inflammation can stop you from sleeping
- doing PT while sleep deprived sucks
- take your tylenol pm
- dont push yourself (for strength activities) take it easy

Week 4-5
- Post up fluid pain should be gone or at least minimal now
- I was now able to sleep on my sides!! Became much much easier at this point to sleep
- I realized i was causing myself inflammation so toned it down a notch and I stopped taking my narcotics!
- overall happy place, lots of pain is gone

Easy in between

3.7cm-4.4cm
- Worst lengthening pain i’ve experienced in my entire journey, but definately not nearly as bad as week 1-3, week 1-3 is the hardest
- My calfs started to get really tight, my pinched nerve in my back started to get inflammed, my back would hurt when I would try to stretch my left leg
- numbness in my right and left leg
- Veins were hurting, felt like they were gonna rip? Hard to explain
Once i hit 4.4 suddenly all those pains just went away. This is what I mean by pain point. The pain will pass, you just hit a pain point. Just keep stretching keep lengthening; dont panic
- did not take tramadol; took oxy almost every night until no longer needed. Sometimes 1 pill sometimes 2 depending on pain.

Easy in between

5.5cm-6cm
- pinched nerve pain returned for round 2
- here I started to really push physically in PT again; I was going super hard on the bike in PT, trying to go as fast as I can so guess what? Caused myself some inflammation!
- Had to take Oxy for 4 ish nights (only at night) until no longer needed

6-8cm
- Super easy
- pinched nerve pain completely gone
- yes I am more tight but you just suck it up during stretching. I don’t consider stretching as a pain because you can control how much you stretch (usually 45 seconds 2 sets each leg each excersise 3 times / day) & it’s kinda just like being at the gym, it’s a whatever temporary pain
- there were a couple nights I took oxy but maybe 2-3 nights
- started going out alot at 7cm

I think that pretty much wraps everything up! I’m really looking forward to doing Tibias. My goal is 6-8cm whatever Paley will let me do without trading off functiion, but ideally 7cm which will put me at 5’10 which in lifts is almost 6’1 id be super super happy. I am not worried about proportions. I am very atheltic so if I just get a thick upper body it’ll be fine. Lookup Simeon Panda if you are worried about proportions, he has almost no torso and looks amazing

If you have any questions LMK! Goodluck LL’ers

cool

« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »

Congrats dude!

And thanks this was very informative!
8)

cool

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2018, 07:37:19 AM »

What percentage of patients there come alone for this procedure?
8)

MyEvolution

« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »

What percentage of patients there come alone for this procedure?
Most! I mean usually its with their mom, but I highly recommend against that. LL should be a “fun” experience. At least mine has been despite all the pain. Ive been rooming with my friend and another LL patient who’s my age. We bought a ps4 and used to game all the time watch movies together sometimes go out. WAY different experience vs someone who’s alone, that’s torture

Pilor

« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2018, 06:26:55 AM »

Because you said you have list some weight. How was your nutrition during LL (calories, supplements, etc.)

kkt122

• Visitor
« Reply #184 on: December 26, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »

If you worked in an office, do you think you could have gone back during your lengthening? Would you need to stay in west palm beach the entire time? If not, when do you think you could've gone back to work?

MichaelJose

« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2018, 11:21:13 PM »

Hope is all well - any updates going into the new year?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up