Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109595 times)

SimonFuller

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2019, 09:09:54 AM »

Hey yea life is good! It’s not 1000% normal yet I mean i havn’t ran in a long time. I’ve started doing little hops & jump up to do pullups (with caution tho)

So here’s an update: I just got back from cancun and man there was soooooooo much walking that my legs would actually get sore. The thing is eventho i am more healed now as you walk, and go up and downstairs and different terrains different parts of your legs and muscles activate so everyday is different levels of soreness. Sometimes 0 pain, but the max is like a 3-4. However, it’s more of a workout typa pain, but sometimes, it feels like the nail is pressing on your soft tissue? Idk how to explain it its like a dull.. ache? But its not constant it goes away

Anyways, when i was in cancun my friends started to notice the limp because I couldnt keep up with all their walking! They are athletic so they started to call me “old man” and openly talked about how they can pick me out in a crowd cause of my little limp. Came to me as a suprise cause I thought my gait was 100% normal but I guess all that extra strain had me weak. Now that I am back though, I can go up and down stairs super well and natural! Before mexico, I had troubles going downstairs still but now it’s super fast and easy due to all the walking I did in mexico

Moving forward:
Paley said my bones are healing very well
I asked and he said maybe next month I can get back into running & sports so we shall see

SUPER SUPER looking forward to doing tibs!! I saw a friend I havnt seen in soooo long that we used to chill everyday in school &.. i’m exactly his height now & he was tripping out being like dude wtf you got taller for sure sincr when were u my height
I just shrugged and acted lost
The funny thing is I asked how tall he is, seeing as we are the same height and he said 5’9-5’10
Which i laughed at because my real height is 5’7, but Society considers me 5’8 so i’d say i’m actually 5’8 cause rhats what everyone says, but seeing other people my height boost & say they are 5’9& a half is halarious. No doubt when I do another 7-8cm I’ll be accepted easily as 5’11 & can prob easily say i’m 6ft so, looking forward to exiting the 5’something range!

Anyways, I been getting back into stretching calfs, I really wanna hit 7-8cm for tibs so it’s time to prepare as my surgery is gonna be scheduled for end of september!

Here we gooooooo

Really good to hear its going well. Do you feel more comfortable walking barefoot around your friends and family now? This is something I currently hate!

BeYourBest

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »

Thanks for the update man!

Let us know how doing sports for you feels soon, please.

All the best.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:16 PM »

Great update. Please, keep us updated on your situation.
Go for it

PAGrb490

« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2019, 11:17:24 PM »

Ya,

this is the biggest question - what can i say to my friends once I am done with LL? I am terrible at lying. I am trying to wear high heels all the time now (i am a girl) in hopes that people will perceive me as a taller person than i actually am. After LL i am not planning  to wear heels for like a year, so seemless height adjustment is a possibility? then i will start wear them like a year after my consolidation is complete.

not sure how to handle my family members though who live overseas and who i see maybe once a year.

the sudden height increase perception by people who know me scares me a lot honestly

BeYourBest

« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »

Ya,

this is the biggest question - what can i say to my friends once I am done with LL? I am terrible at lying. I am trying to wear high heels all the time now (i am a girl) in hopes that people will perceive me as a taller person than i actually am. After LL i am not planning  to wear heels for like a year, so seemless height adjustment is a possibility? then i will start wear them like a year after my consolidation is complete.

not sure how to handle my family members though who live overseas and who i see maybe once a year.

the sudden height increase perception by people who know me scares me a lot honestly

Most people will not notice and if they realise that something is different, they tend to think that you’ve lost weight. I got that from reading plenty diaries.

However, if they are certain that you’re taller then just say that you stretch a lot, go to the gym, do yoga, been working on your posture etc etc.

PAGrb490

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »

Thanks,

i hope you are right and it is not going to be a big deal.

Purushrottam

« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2019, 12:11:28 AM »

The funny thing is I asked how tall he is, seeing as we are the same height and he said 5’9-5’10
Which i laughed at because my real height is 5’7, but Society considers me 5’8 so i’d say i’m actually 5’8 cause rhats what everyone says, but seeing other people my height boost & say they are 5’9& a half is halarious. No doubt when I do another 7-8cm I’ll be accepted easily as 5’11 & can prob easily say i’m 6ft so, looking forward to exiting the 5’something range!

Anyways, I been getting back into stretching calfs, I really wanna hit 7-8cm for tibs so it’s time to prepare as my surgery is gonna be scheduled for end of september!

Here we gooooooo

Nice update!

Its funny you say that. I noticed the same thing after LL. A lot of people who were "5'11" and "5'10" were actually my current height. Thats when I realized that almost everyone fibs about their height. So a girl who says she likes 'guys who are over 6ft tall' is actually picturing an average height 5'9" dude in their head. This is why so many people think 6ft is average. Its totally not. Most people are within 1-2 inches of 5'9".

Good luck for your next surgery. Invite me to Cancun next time.. (jk)
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

takura

« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2019, 05:04:30 AM »

Nice update!

Its funny you say that. I noticed the same thing after LL. A lot of people who were "5'11" and "5'10" were actually my current height. Thats when I realized that almost everyone fibs about their height. So a girl who says she likes 'guys who are over 6ft tall' is actually picturing an average height 5'9" dude in their head. This is why so many people think 6ft is average. Its totally not. Most people are within 1-2 inches of 5'9".

Good luck for your next surgery. Invite me to Cancun next time.. (jk)

This is so true. It makes me laugh when they say their height, and a lot of them actually genuinely believe that. I remember hearing 'you can even measure me bro you'll see' which is just ..lol

I got measured before my surgery and I myself realized I had inflated my height by over an inch. I am 182 and I thought I was 185.

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »

Does Paley let you lengthen your tibia more than 5cm with stryde?
Go for it

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2019, 10:11:46 PM »

Will Paley let you lengthen 8cm in tibias done once? Will it be with stryde?
Go for it

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »

Angelique answer to my question:
Quote from: Angelique Keller
From the past experience in Tibia lengthening, we can safely lengthen up to 5cm. Beyond that point, that's where the complication starts, due to the tightness of the muscles. When you reach 6cm, we can talk about if you are able to go for another cm and so forth. One step at a time. 
Go for it

SimonFuller

« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

Will we be getting another update soon?

MyEvolution

« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »

Alright quick update
In the process now of scheduling TIBS surgery! This is gonna be the first, Tibia only Stryde diary I eleve. Does anyone know any good Tibs diary I can ready? Can’t find none

So with walking, honestly my gait still isnt perfect eventho i’m stretching everyday but it’s not like questionable. Some friends have asked why i walk like that & i’ve been getting by by saying that I fractured my leg when I got back home by slipping on Ice, everyone believes it. No1 seems to be connecting the dots.

As far as the girl, ya dont worry especially for girls no1 gonna notice anything. Girls always be changing their height w heels

As far as lengthening to 8cm it’s really case by case. Paley is trained to stop you at your limit depending how your body reacts. I’ve met people who have hit 6.5cm in Tibs (didnt make a diary)  & so I kow it’s doable it sorta just depends on how luckt I get & how much I stretch. Hope to god that I get at least 7cm ideally 8
Then i’ll be considered 5’11 & realistically probably 6ft cause everyone who’s 5’9 in my city be saying they 5’11 and 6ft😂
With shoes i’ll easily be 6’1

My surgery gonna b booked for sep24th. I didnt orginally wanna do 2 surgeries but honestly my experience had been so amazing & I have a friend doing it with me this is gonna be almost fun

DO NOT do LL alone, try to find someone on the forum to do it with. LL alone is depression. LL with fruebds is funner cause u have someone to hangout with 24/7, share ur pains with etc. Especially in West Palm beach beautiful weather like it’s gonna be easier

Anyway i’ll write back when i’m officially booked!!
If ur on the fence PLEASE do this!! There is NO thing comparable to litterally giving yourself a 5-6 inch height boost that will stay with you for the rest of your life. I am no longer “that short guy” that girls dont want. Now i am normal range & after TIBS i will no longer need to ovrcompensate for my height. I can finally be viewed, as a masculine figure who looks like a solid man.

Ttyl

Movie

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2019, 05:44:07 AM »

Alright quick update
In the process now of scheduling TIBS surgery! This is gonna be the first, Tibia only Stryde diary I eleve. Does anyone know any good Tibs diary I can ready? Can’t find none

So with walking, honestly my gait still isnt perfect eventho i’m stretching everyday but it’s not like questionable. Some friends have asked why i walk like that & i’ve been getting by by saying that I fractured my leg when I got back home by slipping on Ice, everyone believes it. No1 seems to be connecting the dots.

As far as the girl, ya dont worry especially for girls no1 gonna notice anything. Girls always be changing their height w heels

As far as lengthening to 8cm it’s really case by case. Paley is trained to stop you at your limit depending how your body reacts. I’ve met people who have hit 6.5cm in Tibs (didnt make a diary)  & so I kow it’s doable it sorta just depends on how luckt I get & how much I stretch. Hope to god that I get at least 7cm ideally 8
Then i’ll be considered 5’11 & realistically probably 6ft cause everyone who’s 5’9 in my city be saying they 5’11 and 6ft😂

My surgery gonna b booked for sep24th. I didnt orginally wanna do 2 surgeries but honestly my experience had been so amazing & I have a friend doing it with me this is gonna be almost fun

DO NOT do LL alone, try to find someone on the forum to do it with. LL alone is depression. LL with fruebds is funner cause u have someone to hangout with 24/7, share ur pains with etc. Especially in West Palm beach beautiful weather like it’s gonna be easier

If ur on the fence PLEASE do this!! There is NO thing comparable to litterally giving yourself a 5-6 inch height boost that will stay with you for the rest of your life. I am no longer “that short guy” that girls dont want. Now i am normal range & after TIBS i will no longer need to ovrcompensate for my height. I can finally be viewed, as a masculine figure who looks like a solid man.

Ttyl

Hella dope bro! congrats, hope you can get your normal walk back pretty promptly! I'll be doing the same here on the other side of the coast with Dr. Mahboubian 8cm femurs and hopefully 6.5-7 tibias.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

SimonFuller

« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2019, 09:07:31 AM »

Alright quick update

Ttyl

Amazing - great to hear - do you feel like the walk is getting better everyday? You look pretty good in the videos from a few months back - so it can't be that bad

MyEvolution

« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »

I CANT WAIT TO BE TALL OMGGGGG CANT THIS JUST COME SOONER!! Yall out here worrying about temporary pain & blah blah but dont realize HOW WORTH IT THIS IS
I’m gonna be 5’11 BAREFEET, 6’1 with some nice air forces on LIKE BROOOOO

InFullStryde

« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

I CANT WAIT TO BE TALL OMGGGGG CANT THIS JUST COME SOONER!! Yall out here worrying about temporary pain & blah blah but don't realize HOW WORTH IT THIS IS

I'm ecstatic for you BRO! I can't wait to read part II of your diary.  Keep us posted, MYEvolution!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

jaybam

« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »

I CANT WAIT TO BE TALL OMGGGGG CANT THIS JUST COME SOONER!! Yall out here worrying about temporary pain & blah blah but dont realize HOW WORTH IT THIS IS

Man I’m over here getting psyche about going from 5’4 to 5’7 LOL. Super nervous about the pain but these diaries have helped a lot. Thanks myevolution!

ok

« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »

Hey MyEvolution, Are you hoping to be fully recovered by the time you get your tibias done?

MyEvolution

« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2019, 03:51:20 AM »

Man I’m over here getting psyche about going from 5’4 to 5’7 LOL. Super nervous about the pain but these diaries have helped a lot. Thanks myevolution!

When are u doing that?
LOOL i was just there pretty much! That’s a life changing step imagine getting thoseresults 2x :o

TheAlchemist

« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2019, 03:15:37 PM »

How is your walking now MyEvolution? As in:

Gait: Is it normal / do people notice anything?

Pain: What is the level of pain?

Endurance/Limitations: How far can you walk? Can you jog/run/jump?

Thanks!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

MyEvolution

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2019, 12:24:10 AM »

Hey guys quick update for yall
Getting my Xray done really soon, last one was in March so let’s see if I can run as i’ve been sorta light jogging and messing around as my confidence has gone back up haha

So walking is prettty much normal at this point

I’ve been doing stretches everyday once or twice / day of this routine so i figured i’d share it with you guys since alot of people are asking how they can prepare

Also side note: i’m really proud that this post only has 8 pages so far! I tried to keep this as clean, & straight forward as possible with as little ramble as possible

Okay so here’s the routine

Okay so every stretch must be done for 2 times on each leg, & held for 45 seconds each time. You could also do 30 seconds, 3 times but I find it easier to do 2x45 seconds (cause then it would be 2 on left, 2 on right)

It’s a good idea to do some warm up excersises like walking, kicking etc before starting but ya
Start with “Thomas stretch”
Pretty much lay on your back, on the edge of the bed
Bring one knee to your chest, so its kinda like ur trying to bring it to your nose
Hold it in place kinda like ur hugging it (this is not the stretch, just to get ready)
Then the other leg, bend it so it’s 90 degrees (the opposite of straight out) & bring it as low to the ground as possible while trying to keep it bent 90 degrees

Do that, each leg twice, 45 seconds each rep

Next

Sit on edge of the bed but sideways so your right or left side would be the edge of the bed
Hang on leg off the bed
The other leg just try to touch your toes
Many variations to this but this the one i did
Same thing
45 secs, 2x each leg

Next

For this you actually need a rope, towel, something
Go to edge of bed (front facing)
Let one leg be bent 90 degrees so its pretty much pointing down, off the edge of the bed
The other leg with the rope or towel you wanna try to point it up, to the sky as 90 degreee as possible
So its like, one leg is down, one leg is completely straight up

Same rules

NEXT

Sit down on the floor
Put on leg straight out in front of you (not up, just like straight)
Straighten it
& put your hand on your knee
& push down
These are called push downs
Cause when you lengthen what happens is when you become more tight your leg wants to bend, & doesnt wanna be straight out even when just lounging
So you gotta press it down
Prob wont do much for you now since you havnt lengthened but as you lengthen the stretches wont change it’ll be the same ones everyday

At this point all other stretches are honestly bonus. As long as you do these you’ll be fine

For me i’m doing 2 more stretches for tibias but they are not needed for femurs

Hope that helps! (Do this once, or twice as needed. But keep in mind, when lengthening it is REQUIRED you do this 3x / day, even your PA will tell you this so be ready!)

TheAlchemist

« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2019, 11:53:35 PM »

Hey guys quick update for yall
Getting my Xray done really soon, last one was in March so let’s see if I can run as i’ve been sorta light jogging and messing around as my confidence has gone back up haha

So walking is prettty much normal at this point

I’ve been doing stretches everyday once or twice / day of this routine so i figured i’d share it with you guys since alot of people are asking how they can prepare

Also side note: i’m really proud that this post only has 8 pages so far! I tried to keep this as clean, & straight forward as possible with as little ramble as possible

Okay so here’s the routine

Okay so every stretch must be done for 2 times on each leg, & held for 45 seconds each time. You could also do 30 seconds, 3 times but I find it easier to do 2x45 seconds (cause then it would be 2 on left, 2 on right)

It’s a good idea to do some warm up excersises like walking, kicking etc before starting but ya
Start with “Thomas stretch”
Pretty much lay on your back, on the edge of the bed
Bring one knee to your chest, so its kinda like ur trying to bring it to your nose
Hold it in place kinda like ur hugging it (this is not the stretch, just to get ready)
Then the other leg, bend it so it’s 90 degrees (the opposite of straight out) & bring it as low to the ground as possible while trying to keep it bent 90 degrees

Do that, each leg twice, 45 seconds each rep

Next

Sit on edge of the bed but sideways so your right or left side would be the edge of the bed
Hang on leg off the bed
The other leg just try to touch your toes
Many variations to this but this the one i did
Same thing
45 secs, 2x each leg

Next

For this you actually need a rope, towel, something
Go to edge of bed (front facing)
Let one leg be bent 90 degrees so its pretty much pointing down, off the edge of the bed
The other leg with the rope or towel you wanna try to point it up, to the sky as 90 degreee as possible
So its like, one leg is down, one leg is completely straight up

Same rules

NEXT

Sit down on the floor
Put on leg straight out in front of you (not up, just like straight)
Straighten it
& put your hand on your knee
& push down
These are called push downs
Cause when you lengthen what happens is when you become more tight your leg wants to bend, & doesnt wanna be straight out even when just lounging
So you gotta press it down
Prob wont do much for you now since you havnt lengthened but as you lengthen the stretches wont change it’ll be the same ones everyday

At this point all other stretches are honestly bonus. As long as you do these you’ll be fine

For me i’m doing 2 more stretches for tibias but they are not needed for femurs

Hope that helps! (Do this once, or twice as needed. But keep in mind, when lengthening it is REQUIRED you do this 3x / day, even your PA will tell you this so be ready!)

Thanks for the advice on the PT! When are you coming out to WPB to do Tibias? PM me I may be out there too!

MichaelJose

« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2019, 10:33:27 PM »

Hey bud - any update for how you are getting on - another video perhaps??

MichaelJose

« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »

Hey bud - any update for how you are getting on - another video perhaps??

Sup bro - can we get an update please?

MyEvolution

« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2019, 07:15:46 AM »

Update:
My Xrays as of june27 were sent to Paley and after review I was cleared to run, jump and play sports. Shooting hopes has been very fun recently :) also did leg day with actualy weights (very light, 10lb on each side squat) and i feel a good sore ans stronger when I walk

Lmao to give u perspective, i used to squat 3 plates each side for 10 reps at 5’5, 160lb

I went on a date with a girl who.. was 5’10 and we were looking each other eye to eye. Funny thing is she said “i was a lil worried u were shorter” prob from someone from my past but anyway its interesting to see that i’ve unlocked 5’10 girls aa potential gf’s cause in the past that waa impossible cause she’s super into me

Moving forward
My surgery is booked for 9/24 WHICH IS NEXT MONTH OMFG I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED MY LIFE IS ABOUT TO 2X AGAIN OMGGGGGGG
like i’m already super fkn happy how much my life has changed for the better and.. ITS ABOUT TO HAPPEN AGAIN

Goals for tibias: 8CM
that’ll put me at 5’11 nd something
So in shoes 6’0-6’1 which is just.. nuts🥰😍😍😍

Preperation:
I’ve been doing the stretches mentioned in my previous post religiously EVERYDAY since April1st, and on and off since January so
I am feeling suoer prepared and ready to see how much we can max out boys. Will keep everyone updates with Xray photos to validate my journey for you guys

Till the next post :)

TheAlchemist

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2019, 11:23:30 PM »

Excited for you man. Love the positive energy and mindset towards your goals. See you in September at WPB!

SimonFuller

« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »

Can we get a video update bud?

gustavklimt

• Visitor
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2019, 03:25:38 PM »

Why you change your goal from 4-5 tibia to 8. That will be too risky man!!

MyEvolution

« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »

My goal was never 4-5cm that’s WAY too low
I’ve personally met Tibia patients whi have done 6.5cm, and I spoke to Paley himself. He said as long as your body can safetly tolerate lengthening, we will allow you to keep going

So if everything is going well I will continue to lengthen till 8cm, MIN goal is 6.5cm

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »

did anyone lengthen 8cm before in the institute
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Up