Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109611 times)

Michael01

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2019, 04:53:15 AM »

MyEvolution

« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2019, 03:48:18 AM »

Are there any Stryde Tibia diaries I can read? Can’t find any

Michael01

Hayden

• Visitor
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2019, 04:27:11 AM »

Hi MyEvolution,

I am so stoked for you man. Hope everything goes well with your tibias surgery. I just have one quick question... What is your original wingspan? Since you have lengthened quite a bit, has anyone commented on your wingspan / does it look proportionate? Any chance we can get another video of your walking and gait? Thanks!! :)

MyEvolution

« Reply #314 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:47 AM »

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*
This is a lifestyle/quality update
Over the past 21 days of lengthening (surgery was 27 days ago) its been pretty much a cycle of random pain / uncomfort that has made my overall life quality feel pretty  ty in general. Yes sometimes i feel strong like in the mornings, but in general i’ve been taking oxy (mostly to remove pain so that i can sleep at night) and slo trying to manage those night splints. For example, on the 17th of october (day 23 post op) I only slept 2 hours & the day before I only slept 3 hours. My first night of solid 8 hour sleep was day 24 post op. Well today I can finally say that my pain lvls overall, discomfort with the night splints, and quality of sleep have all turned for the better
I’ve started sleeping a regular 7-8 hours daily WITH the night splints on. The trick was to get the amazon ones and to remove the wedge that comes in it. Yesterday was honestly the first time ive ever slept with them on and not felt numbness. Ive also changed my stretch routin to be more tibias focused & i’m seeing myself actually getting more flexible in my ankle movement

Anyways jus took an edible high af and almost feels like oxy so i feel great
Ttyl

cena

« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2019, 04:28:31 AM »

Hey MyEvolution,

Can you please explain who your health provider is for non LL needs or emergencies? Do you still go to Paley center? I would appreciate it if you could answer CodyTheDog's questions as well. And please give an update on the infection. You just stopped talking about it  ;D

Michael01

« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »

Can you buy it legally in Florida with prescription?

MyEvolution

« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2019, 05:46:05 PM »

What does ATL stand for?

I second this question on the tibias too. We're all a bit nervous about how internal tibias go in the long run so it'd be great to hear about it.

1 year after femurs my running was like.. barely even running guys, cripple running, more like forced jogging. I believe this is because the rods are still in. I spoke to someone who had a car accident and he had rods in place and stuff and he told me that after the rods were removed thats when he was able to return to normal running and all that sorta stuff
overall im still a lot happier with my life even not being able to fully run but i know once rods are removed and full consolidation, normal function will return

does anyone have any real information on tibia lengthening past 6cm? my goal is in fact 8 because i've been told by the PT team at paley's that some people actually have hit 8cm in tibias, while improving their flexibility at the same time. I keep hearing about maybe needing ATL? or that I will for sure lose function. are there any concrete answers out there or is it mostly speculation?

oh ya my infection is gone thanks to the antibiotics :) Dr.robbins said keep taking them until my checkup this monday so ya

Michael01

« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2019, 06:56:55 PM »

You can find people who did more than 7cm in tibia in first page, but they did LON.

About ATL: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4266.0
I would avoid it like the plague. It does not worth the few cms more.

Ghostfish

« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2019, 12:36:26 AM »

Does Dr. Paley or Dr. Robin even allow one to lengthen 8 cm in tibia?  I never heard about it.  When I was there, a patient who was doing only tibia with Stryde tried to get more than 6 cm.  But Paley or Robin didn't allow him to go further although his flexibility and mobility was actually quite excellent.  I am wondering whether you can go beyond 6 cm at once in Paley institute.  One way is that you may slow down lengthening perhaps after 5-6 cm and keep going until 8 cm at a low rate.

MyEvolution

« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »

Does Dr. Paley or Dr. Robin even allow one to lengthen 8 cm in tibia?  I never heard about it.  When I was there, a patient who was doing only tibia with Stryde tried to get more than 6 cm.  But Paley or Robin didn't allow him to go further although his flexibility and mobility was actually quite excellent.  I am wondering whether you can go beyond 6 cm at once in Paley institute.  One way is that you may slow down lengthening perhaps after 5-6 cm and keep going until 8 cm at a low rate.

Honestly i have no real answer. I’ve met a couple patients who did like 6.4cm ish and ive been told by some PT that people have in fact hit 8cm in tibias but I guess by the time mid December hits I should be around the 6cm mark and that’s when we’ll see what happens!!
Maybe Stryde is safer to go for 8cm? That extra inch would be life changing not gonna lie

cena

« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2019, 04:02:43 AM »

Hi MyEvolution

Did you miss my questions?

Like what do you do for non LL related health problems?

Thank you

MyEvolution

« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2019, 04:31:41 AM »

Hi MyEvolution

Did you miss my questions?

Like what do you do for non LL related health problems?

Thank you

Sorry I don’t fully understand your question. I am 25 and I don’t really run into health problems knock on wood. Usually it’s LL related like a fever, or an infection etc. Most of the times i dont go to the hospital but during the first 1-3 weeks if you have a fever or an infection its a good idea to go get it checked as it could be serious

I do have my brother here with me as my primary care taker but i dont really have non LL health problems

CodyTheDog

« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2019, 12:07:15 PM »

*IMPORTANT UPDATE*
This is a lifestyle/quality update
Over the past 21 days of lengthening (surgery was 27 days ago) its been pretty much a cycle of random pain / uncomfort that has made my overall life quality feel pretty  ty in general. Yes sometimes i feel strong like in the mornings, but in general i’ve been taking oxy (mostly to remove pain so that i can sleep at night) and slo trying to manage those night splints. For example, on the 17th of october (day 23 post op) I only slept 2 hours & the day before I only slept 3 hours. My first night of solid 8 hour sleep was day 24 post op. Well today I can finally say that my pain lvls overall, discomfort with the night splints, and quality of sleep have all turned for the better
I’ve started sleeping a regular 7-8 hours daily WITH the night splints on. The trick was to get the amazon ones and to remove the wedge that comes in it. Yesterday was honestly the first time ive ever slept with them on and not felt numbness. Ive also changed my stretch routin to be more tibias focused & i’m seeing myself actually getting more flexible in my ankle movement

Ttyl

Thanks! I had a question- perhaps, I'm misunderstanding something

1. "The trick was to get the amazon ones and to remove the wedge that comes in it. "
Which ones did you get?

2. What was the problem with the older ones?

3. If you remove the wedges, isn't the splint not doing the stretching? Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Thanks!!!!

MyEvolution

« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2019, 11:47:27 PM »

Thanks! I had a question- perhaps, I'm misunderstanding something

1. "The trick was to get the amazon ones and to remove the wedge that comes in it. "
Which ones did you get?
There should be a link! I got size Large
It comes with a wedge in it that makes it like past 90 degrees.

2. What was the problem with the older ones?
Made out of plastic they litterally squeeze your leg it hurts

3. If you remove the wedges, isn't the splint not doing the stretching? Maybe I'm misunderstanding?
No ya the wedges put you past 90 degrees not needed
U just need to maintain 90

Thanks!!!!

TwinMusicom

« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2019, 11:51:31 PM »

Something things to have happened on the forum- it didn't show your response. By chance, could you retype it? Thanks!!!!!

Klord

• Visitor
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2019, 04:18:38 AM »

Hey MyEvolution,

The only thing, I am really curious about is that, when will they remove the nails? Are they generally removed a year after the surgery?

thanks.

MyEvolution

« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »

Weird let me redo

I got size large
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PX5HM9O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It comes with a wedge in it

2. The paley ones are made from plastic, idk how they expect you to sleep with plastic on that   litterally presses against your bones and hurts

3. No when you remove the wedge your feet go back to 90 degrees which is all thats needed. the wedges are optional even PT told me that, you dont need to go past 90 degrees

The only thing, I am really curious about is that, when will they remove the nails? Are they generally removed a year after the surgery?
- Yea they remove all the nails when you are fully consolodated which is 1-1.5 years afterward depending on your xray

Guys so my plan rn is im gonna go to 6cm which i'll be at around mid December, and from there I'll take it by ear. I REALLY WANT 8cm because that's gonna make a huge difference but we'll see.

maxheight35

« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2019, 06:31:59 AM »

How long is the surgery? My friend and I were thinking it must not be longer than 2-3 hours, especially with such skilled doctors?

MyEvolution

« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »

How long is the surgery? My friend and I were thinking it must not be longer than 2-3 hours, especially with such skilled doctors?

Honestly i’m not sure I didn’t ask

MyEvolution

« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2019, 06:50:58 PM »

*Important progress update*

Just got back from PT & doctors appt i got a lot of info cleared up. The first myth i want to dispute is the whole losing function thing if you go past 7cm for tibias. Guys you don’t randomally just lose function. Loss of function mainly depends on two things: your gradual bone formation and your soft tissues.
1. If your bones are showing slow gradual filling
2. If you are flexible enough to easily bring your toes above 90 degrees into the 5-15 range. If you maintain that range until 8cm, they will let you go through 8. Based on averages and studies however, most people have shown that around 5cm they stop being able to get in that safe 5-15 degree range, and so they stop you. HOWEVER, if you are within that 5-15 degree range, they will let you keep going to 8 and NO you will NOT randomally lose function and all that bs years later. Paley’s team is the best, they will not allow you to develop ballerina. If you start developing ballerina, you’ve went past your safe limit and have began trading function for length

That being said, my assessemtn right now at 2.1 CM is unfortunately tighter than average :/ he said that i am at the lower end of normal which is not good. My new strategy now is to hit the board stretches EVERY HOUR. I cant afford to fool around anymore. With this new information that YES, if I am flexible enough i CAN SAFETLY HIT 8cm, its now me vs me
I will be setting an alarm to go off every hour and will stretch idc

Hopefully that fixed my situation I’ll keep you guys posted

THE ROAD TO 8CM SAFETLY IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE BUT MIGHT AS WEL TRY!!!

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #331 on: October 28, 2019, 08:12:29 PM »

Great information.... your in safe hands.. your goal is reachable.. stay strong my friend  8)

maxheight35

« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2019, 10:29:57 PM »

Yeah man real solid info. Thanks for the updates. Super solid  ;)

MyEvolution

« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »

Update:
I’ve transitioned to a cane now no more crutches!

MyEvolution

« Reply #334 on: November 02, 2019, 06:02:56 AM »

Calling on the LL community for help!!

I pretty much got the green card from the doc to go to 8cm on tibias, contingent on that I always maintain a dorsiflextion above 90 degrees ideally 5-15 degrees. I kid you not, today I litterally stretched more than 10 times. This is exhuasting but i’m pushing through. Problem is my right leg is JUST passing 90, maybe 2-3 degrees and my left leg is 2-3 degrees under
I started out 10 degrees on my right, 5 on my left.

I am starting to be concerned I need help any advice to fix my dorsiflextion
I am at 2.5cm rn. At this rate i’ll probably start failing very soon / 5cm max.

Any expert tibias out there have advice to fix your dorsiflextion? Please and thank you

MyEvolution

« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2019, 05:27:44 AM »

Guys please don’t ever think this is gonna be easy. I am littrrally suffering rn 9/10 pain from my left femur!! I guess my femur hasnt fully recovered yet so I just poped 10mg of oxy hopefully that kills the pain

2.5cm baby by dec1 i’ll be at 5cm and then we’ll see if by jan1 i can hit 7.5

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

InFullStryde

« Reply #336 on: November 05, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »

Guys please don’t ever think this is gonna be easy. I am littrrally suffering rn 9/10 pain from my left femur!! I guess my femur hasnt fully recovered yet so I just poped 10mg of oxy hopefully that kills the pain

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Love your attitude! Get it!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

MyEvolution

« Reply #337 on: November 05, 2019, 03:51:26 PM »

Love your attitude! Get it!

Thank you!! :)

Update:
So i’ve been stretching every hour (when im done stretching I set my alarm to go off in an hour)
And i THINK its working!! Both my legs are now past 90 degrees around 3 degrees! This is according to my noob estimate tho, won’t know for sure till monday! Monday I have a flexibility test with PT & I have a dr apppointment. Will check back monday!

maxheight35

« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2019, 09:38:39 AM »

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow. You’re a badasss dude! Very inspiring. 7.5cm would mean you’d almost hit 6” in a little over a year... that must be life changing! Rooting for you man, keep pushing!

TemakiSushi

« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »

Calling on the LL community for help!!

I pretty much got the green card from the doc to go to 8cm on tibias, contingent on that I always maintain a dorsiflextion above 90 degrees ideally 5-15 degrees. I kid you not, today I litterally stretched more than 10 times. This is exhuasting but i’m pushing through. Problem is my right leg is JUST passing 90, maybe 2-3 degrees and my left leg is 2-3 degrees under
I started out 10 degrees on my right, 5 on my left.

I am starting to be concerned I need help any advice to fix my dorsiflextion
I am at 2.5cm rn. At this rate i’ll probably start failing very soon / 5cm max.

Any expert tibias out there have advice to fix your dorsiflextion? Please and thank you
The guy who hit 7.6cm tibia without getting ballerina did 6 to 8 hours of standing calf stretch with an inclined wedge everyday without counting break time, never had a day off.
He said if didn’t do long hours stretching, next day it would be harder to stretch
Less than 5 hours is not good
If aiming over 7cm, really need 7 hours a day average or even more if you are doing after femurs.
https://images.app.goo.gl/nSLLtqUPe7sLULTG6

Also I heard this balance board is good for stretching both AT and IT bands
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Trademark-Innovations-15-5-in-Tan-Wood-Wobble-Balance-Board-Balance-Trainer-BALBRD-WOOD/303046322

If consolidation speed allows, better to slow down lengthening speed to reduce pain
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

MyEvolution

« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »

The guy who hit 7.6cm tibia without getting ballerina did 6 to 8 hours of standing calf stretch with an inclined wedge everyday without counting break time, never had a day off.
He said if didn’t do long hours stretching, next day it would be harder to stretch
Less than 5 hours is not good
If aiming over 7cm, really need 7 hours a day average or even more if you are doing after femurs.
https://images.app.goo.gl/nSLLtqUPe7sLULTG6

Also I heard this balance board is good for stretching both AT and IT bands
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Trademark-Innovations-15-5-in-Tan-Wood-Wobble-Balance-Board-Balance-Trainer-BALBRD-WOOD/303046322

If consolidation speed allows, better to slow down lengthening speed to reduce pain

Wow thank you this is very useful!!

Perhaps i should post my current stretching routin so yall can give me input
But so far what i’ve been doing is every hour i’ll go stand on the board for 12 minutes. 6 mins is a dedicated achilles area stretch (you bend you knee and push it forward) and other 6 minutes is a straight leg stretch for the upper calf area

So far i’ve been hitting it every hour so in a day roughly 8-12 times so total stretch time would be.. 12x10 120 mins so 2 hours!! Wow i’m slacking

Can I get more information? Did he just stand on it what was the strategy? Is there a forum

Thank you so much i really wanna hit as close to 8 as possible
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23   Go Up