Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 110181 times)

ShortLivesMatter

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2019, 05:25:10 AM »

Hang in there bro. You already did femur LL so now your muscles are tighter than a person doing LL for the first time which is why you are getting tight quickly.  Ask Paley if he can do a gastrocnemius fascia release on you to make you looser. 

MyEvolution

« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »

Thank you for all the kind words guys. I must admit, this entire time I have NOT been going to physical therapy 5x/week like recommended. This week however because they said i was tight i am back in the PT system. That + slowing down to 2 turns / day + no more flights. I was VERY swollen from flying. Last week i had 4 flights which is terrible for my body
Actually yesterday at PT my left leg got -8 degrees by myself compared to -15 the day before which is an improvement

I hear what u all are saying about safety I agree safety first. Hopefully my body can give me the flexibility required to keep lengthening, at least to 6cm. If not then it is what it is safety first but we will see what happens. Please wish me luck i need all thw prayers i can get

BoneStretching

« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2019, 09:31:52 AM »

said a prayer for you buddy.

God speed.

MyEvolution

« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »

If I had to do LL again, i think i would have done tibias first since femurs is a garunteed 8cm and tibias is all over the place

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2019, 09:59:02 PM »

did you not strech tibias before the surgery?

BoneStretching

« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »

I think you would have to stretch for like a year for it to make a real difference on overall outcomes.

MyEvolution

« Reply #378 on: November 14, 2019, 02:09:48 AM »

I stretched for 10 months but not on the slant board :/ wish i knew the proper stretch

Anyways no time to wine
I am now officially stretching for 30 minutes slant board every hour
I do 5 minutes each leg, 3 rounds
I probably stretch 10 times/day + pt so that’s around 6 hours

I’m using tamakiSushi strategy, it’s the last hope I have
I dont want to lay in my bed 2 momths from now wishing i could come back for a chance to stretch more cause maybe i could have gone farther
If this doesnt work, at least I gave it everything i got

I’ll keep you guys updated

TheAlchemist

« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2019, 02:32:34 AM »

I gave it everything i got

I love to hear it bro! Stay locked in and keep pushing! You've got this!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

TemakiSushi

« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2019, 03:02:48 AM »

I think you would have to stretch for like a year for it to make a real difference on overall outcomes.
Yes that’s right.  Even after lengthening period is over, Donghoon patients are ordered to continue stretching as much as possible for faster and better recovery.
Especially with more than 6cm tibia lengthening, the amount of rehab is just enormous, most really don’t have guts to go though the hard works
BUT those who could do these daily hard works, they finish lengthening without contractures and have very good recovery.  Now 11 months  post op, I heard 7.6cm tibia guy can do deep squat and light jogging without any joint pains.  Walking gait is normal so far
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2019, 09:42:28 PM »

If I had to do LL again, i think i would have done tibias first since femurs is a garunteed 8cm and tibias is all over the place
Hi, MyEvolution. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I was wondering what Dr. Paley's take on doing tibias first to maximize the tibia lengthening. Dr. D (from Las Vegas) seems to suggest that the sequence doesn't make much difference if doing both tibias and femurs.

MyEvolution

« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2019, 01:00:29 AM »

Update:
Despite all the bad news I just got complimented today for how great my walk is by a PT. I’m pretty much walking like barely anything happened. I will post a video update of my walk for you guys soon i’ts pretty impressive ngl

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #383 on: November 15, 2019, 02:20:47 AM »

Keep it ip. hope you will hit 8 cm. How long are you doing slanted board stretches everyday?

MyEvolution

« Reply #384 on: November 15, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »

Keep it ip. hope you will hit 8 cm. How long are you doing slanted board stretches everyday?

5 minutes per leg, 3 rounds, total of 30mins/ session
I do that every hour

GOOD NEWS:
My pt just tested my dorsiflexion

My right leg has made signifanct improvement
With low effort he got my food to 15 degrees, compared to last time he used max effort to get me to 10 degrees!

My left foot small improvement
With max effort he got me to 10 degrees, compared to last time max effort i got only 7 degrees. Small imrpovement but my theory is that when you become tight ur foot locks up and gets stiff and exponentially gets tighter so with exponential hard work it slowly improved and gets out of that super locked up tight range. As your foot moves out and into normal, exponential work will show a significant improvement as your foot isnt as locked up anymore

My prediction moving forward is my left foot will move into normal range while my right leg will move into the flexible ahead of the curve range. I have a feeling in my heart that I wll hit 7cm BUT we will see

I’ll let you guys know what happens monday!!
Thanks for all the support means alot

MyEvolution

« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2019, 12:40:47 PM »

TODAY’S THE BIG DAY
either my dr says i’m loose enough to keep going
Or he stops me

I’ll lyk what he says but i feel i have improved

MyEvolution

« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

GOOD NEWS:
I passed!!! The doctor said I have significantly improved in flexibility he can easily get me to neutral so i can keep going!! That also means that I have figured out how to go from
Super tight—> more flexible so
LETS KEEP THE TRAIN GOING BABY WE GOING FOR 7cm

He now wants me to lengthen 3x on odd days and 2x on even days
For example, tomorrow the 19th, an odd number, i will lengthen 3x

Thank you all for your prayer LETS GOOO

Movie

« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2019, 09:48:22 PM »

sheeesh congrats broski! you got that, hard work pays off ! lessgetit
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #388 on: November 19, 2019, 03:14:00 AM »

Could you share your insights about getting from super right to loose?

MyEvolution

« Reply #389 on: November 19, 2019, 11:00:00 PM »

Could you share your insights about getting from super right to loose?

1. Actually going to PT. Since october 18th i’ve went to PT maybe 3 times in a whole month. Pt is really important
2. No more flying. Due to all the flights, i was always very swollen my foot was massive couldnt even see my ankles
3. Ever hour I stretch for 30 minutes. I stand on the slant board, 5 minutes each leg for 3 rounds
When i’m done i reset my alarm clock for 1 hour and stretch then. This really has helped
4. I brought my splints into PT & they fixed it for me so that it is appropriotely tight enough. I wear them a lot more

Hopefully this routine will get me as close to 8cm safetly as possible

TemakiSushi

« Reply #390 on: November 20, 2019, 01:00:52 AM »

Great to hear you are doing well :) :)

throwaway12

• Visitor
« Reply #391 on: November 20, 2019, 10:50:41 PM »

Glad you're doing well, and I hope you make it to 7cm! Quick question though, have you ever heard of a procedure where there is a nail drilled into your foot to maintain neutral dorsiflexion? As far as Dr. Giotikas is concerned, this is a sure fire way to achieve 7cm, albeit it does have some manageable pain with it. He has told me it is an option, and those who have taken the option have in his experience, the greatest results. I am also going for 7cm stryde tibia next January. Just wanted to know if there was any mention of that at all by Paley.

Also, in your previous posts regarding using a slant board for your stretching, is this in your opinion the very best way to stretch? I have a month and a half till my operation and I'm thinking about utilizing your method. Thanks for the great diary thusfar and best of luck to you!

MyEvolution

« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »

Glad you're doing well, and I hope you make it to 7cm!

Also, in your previous posts regarding using a slant board for your stretching, is this in your opinion the very best way to stretch? I have a month and a half till my operation and I'm thinking about utilizing your method. Thanks for the great diary thusfar and best of luck to you!

Wow that’s cool i’m gonna ask about that i’ve never heard about that

Yes the slant board is the best stretch. Id recommend doing 3 minutes each leg for 3 rounds. Id say do that like once or twice/day

MyEvolution

« Reply #393 on: November 21, 2019, 12:17:57 AM »

UPDATE:
So because I am doing 0.75mm on odd days & 0.5mm even days, in a month thats 18.75mm
I’ll be hitting 4.1cm at the end of this month

If they let me keep going, by the end of January I will be right at 8CM
The time is coming guys its starting to get REAL!!! I will stretch as much as I can so they let me keep going but chances are Jan31st is the end of my lengthening journey

HERE WE GOOO

TheAlchemist

« Reply #394 on: November 21, 2019, 02:39:25 AM »

Greatest comeback in LL history! 8 CM let's get it!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

vonchanzo

• Visitor
« Reply #395 on: November 21, 2019, 02:53:46 AM »

How many hours/day did you stretch during your femur lengthening? Would you recommend stretches before the femur surgery? If yes, then what kind of stretches?

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #396 on: November 21, 2019, 05:30:39 AM »

MyEvolution, glad to know that you are doing well with tibias lengthening, great comeback! I hope you can reach your goal of 7~8cm.

Would it be safe to say that it would require a least 2x stretching exercise for tibia than femur? Also, would you recommend that doing tibia lengthening first for those want to do both femurs and tibias?

E Z

« Reply #397 on: November 21, 2019, 07:05:07 AM »

Good luck dude. Can’t imagine going thru this process twice. You’re an animal in every sense haha hope you maximize your opportunity!

InFullStryde

« Reply #398 on: November 21, 2019, 03:21:52 PM »

To go from a starting height of 5'5"/5'6" to nearly 6 foot tall is extraordinary. Give this man a medal! Good luck, bro. No matter what happens.  You should be inducted into the CLL Hall of Fame. 

Someone needs to start a CLL Hall of Fame...lol. I certainly have a few people I would nominate. 

All the best,

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

MyEvolution

« Reply #399 on: November 21, 2019, 03:32:59 PM »

How many hours/day did you stretch during your femur lengthening? Would you recommend stretches before the femur surgery? If yes, then what kind of stretches?

When I did femurs I only had to do my stretching routine 4x/day compared to roughly 10x/day rn
Not sure if that’s 2x but it feels like a lot more because i’m stretching every hour

My femur stretching routine was
Thomas stretch, 45 second each leg 2 rounds
Rope hamstring stretch to the sky 45 seconds 2 rounds
Knee pushdowns 20 reps each leg on the floor
Single leg toe touches, 45 sec each leg 2 rounds
Did this routine 4x / day (everytime i use the ERC machine)

Deciding what to do first femurs or tibias really depends on your preferences for pros and cons

Femur surgery pros
- 8cm pretty much guaranteed
- less stretching required less maintenence
- scars are higher easier to hide
- most people after achieving 8cm realize they are happy and dont need to do part2

Cons
- your walking gait is affected a lot more because you lose your glutes
- way more inflammation pains, nerve pains muscle pains becuse more muscles
- PT actually sucks - that IT band BURNS with a pain of 10/10 each time
- more strength lost due to major muscles affected
- takes roughly 4 weeks for your hips and sides to not be inflammed to the touch which means u can FINALLY sleep on your sides

Tibias
Pros
- less overall pain due to less muscles (dont b fooled tho still lots of pain)
- less inflamation
- because glutes are not effected, walking gait is much better. I walk a lot better than all the femur patients eventho they did their surgery 3 weeks before me
- hips unaffected so easier to move your body around on the bed

Cons
- Must wear Splints which is annoying AF especially at night makes sleeping way harder
- way more maintenence. You can’t just stretch 4x/day and expect to hit 8cm it’s just not gonna happen. Requires a lot more work ethic. I almost got stopped at 3cm
- hitting over 5cm is not gaurunteed even with high work ethic. I’m only at 3.5cm right now so i can’t confirm anything till I hit it
- scars are hideous and show alot more than femurs

So you gotta choose for yourself what you’d rather deal with. They both suck, which suckness can you handle more. More pain/highly effected walking/major loss of strength but gaurunteed 8cm gain? Or less pain, better walk, high work ethic but 8cm is not garunteed
Your call

Michael01

« Reply #400 on: November 21, 2019, 05:03:34 PM »

Tibia also has two bones and usually consolidate slower.

Kenda

« Reply #401 on: November 21, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »

You Femur vs Tibia comparison is so far the best here!
i cant even pick tibia for various reasons, so only option for me is femurs to also avoid knee pain which i naturally suffer from, so im trying to avoid anything that would affect knees. or ligaments around it.
Is being non muscular in femur leak very weak muscles, does that make process harder or easier in terms of pain wise?
Also did you do IT Band release ? - how is it and can i go thru this without having to do such thing?

TemakiSushi

« Reply #402 on: November 22, 2019, 04:24:03 AM »

You Femur vs Tibia comparison is so far the best here!
i cant even pick tibia for various reasons, so only option for me is femurs to also avoid knee pain which i naturally suffer from, so im trying to avoid anything that would affect knees. or ligaments around it.
Is being non muscular in femur leak very weak muscles, does that make process harder or easier in terms of pain wise?
Also did you do IT Band release ? - how is it and can i go thru this without having to do such thing?
Paley mentioned in his conference video that even a gymnast got duck ass with 8cm femur without IT band release.  So it’s not avoidable to have IT bands release.   Some people need more than IT bands, they charge extra for bicep tendon release
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23   Go Up