Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 110688 times)

MyEvolution

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »

congrats bro. can believe you get rid of walker in the second week? was it lots of pain using crutches?
Depends on everyone
I think this yr it took me 3 weeks to b on crutches i took it very slow

Dreamer57

« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »

That's pretty impressive. Awesome! :)

I had consultation with both Mahboubian and Betz last month about tibia (I did femurs years ago with Betz) but your case seems to confirm that we can walk without crutches faster with Stryde than with Betzbone.

Do you know which Stryde nail size you have?

I'd have to use the 10mm in my tibias according to Dr. Mahboubian, so I'm worried I won't be able to walk without crutches as soons as the other patients.

Hey man, you say you have done femurs years ago...can I ask you a few questions?

How many years back did u have the surgery?

Are you back to normal , Like "nothing ever happened" kinda state?

Do you play sports ?

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »

Hi... MyEvolution..It's great your doing well. Can you please tell me where you got that stretching board and is the board helping?

Panda ...

MyEvolution

« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2019, 01:19:28 AM »

Hi... MyEvolution..It's great your doing well. Can you please tell me where you got that stretching board and is the board helping?

Panda ...

Update: Just passed 5.5Cm guys tomorrow i have a doctors appt to see if i can go to 6.5cm wish me luck
here is the promised walking video, this was recorded november 14th aprox 2 months post op

also this is THE best slant board hands down
if you can stretch on the highest level without cheating you can go to 8cm in tibias
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LN5NHU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

lets goo baby

E Z

« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2019, 02:38:57 AM »

Wow your walk looks incredible, and you also look really tall.

How tall are you currently barefoot?

I know you mentioned Femurs being harder, do you still feel that way?

BoneStretching

« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2019, 02:51:25 AM »

Amazing how how hard work makes the difference.

Evolution, I solute you.

MyEvolution

« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2019, 04:26:23 AM »

Wow your walk looks incredible, and you also look really tall.

How tall are you currently barefoot?
I’m roughly 5’9 & a half/ 5’10 ish
2.5cm to go should be finishing at around 5’11

I know you mentioned Femurs being harder, do you still feel that way?

Femurs hurt more in general, more pain involved, but less maintenence required to hit 8cm simply stretch 4x/day
Most femur patients sadly barely even stretch once, no lie
Tibias way less pain, harder work ethic, must stretch every hour to go past 5cm

MyEvolution

« Reply #441 on: December 23, 2019, 04:28:06 AM »

Amazing how how hard work makes the difference.

Evolution, I solute you.

Thank you good sir
If anyone here wants to hit 8cm in femurs trust me u dont need no secret sauce. Just stretch 4x/day
I swear ive met patients who sometimes go three days never stretching, stretch once a day, no real stretching routine throughout the whole journey its crazy

If u establish a stretching routine week1 and stick to it ull easily hit 8
Sadly no one does

Donghoon Lee fan

• Visitor
« Reply #442 on: December 23, 2019, 06:20:47 AM »

Hi MyEvolution,

Thank you for posting that video.

Can you post next(or previous) set of standing xray you get from Paley's Institute?
❤️ Donghoon ❤️

TemakiSushi

« Reply #443 on: December 23, 2019, 01:26:40 PM »

MyEvo
Look 👍 great
I like your long straight legs, now even longer ;)
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

tiggy

« Reply #444 on: December 23, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

I believe this is my first time writing in your diary so I wanted to first and foremost congratulate you on your achievement so far.

I absolutely agree that keeping to a stretching routine will allow one to hit 8cm. I personally stretched 4x a day every 3 hrs. Sometimes even 5x. It really is all in the willpower.

I am strongly considering getting tibs done too, height is really an addicting thing man! In this vain couple of questions for you, have you had nerve pain during your femur surgery that you now also have with tibias? If so, how bad is it and how are you managing?

On your video your arms look very long, so I was wondering whether you ever had them measured and if so, what is the length? You look very well proportioned even with so much height gained already so given that you started at around 5'4 I'm assuming your arms were freakishly long before you started femurs. I was just curious on the proportions I guess. That's all from me, thanks  for your reply in advance and good luck with the remainder of this ride, I am confident you will reach your goals because you have enough willpower to get you through. Cheers man

MyEvolution

« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

I believe this is my first time writing in your diary so I wanted to first and foremost congratulate you on your achievement so far.

I absolutely agree that keeping to a stretching routine will allow one to hit 8cm. I personally stretched 4x a day every 3 hrs. Sometimes even 5x. It really is all in the willpower.

I am strongly considering getting tibs done too, height is really an addicting thing man! In this vain couple of questions for you, have you had nerve pain during your femur surgery that you now also have with tibias? If so, how bad is it and how are you managing?

On your video your arms look very long, so I was wondering whether you ever had them measured and if so, what is the length? You look very well proportioned even with so much height gained already so given that you started at around 5'4 I'm assuming your arms were freakishly long before you started femurs. I was just curious on the proportions I guess. That's all from me, thanks  for your reply in advance and good luck with the remainder of this ride, I am confident you will reach your goals because you have enough willpower to get you through. Cheers man

1. Thank you so much :) congrats on hitting 8cm as well

2. Ok so when i did femurs i had lots of nerve pain and a lot of pain in general
I am happy to say with tibias there has been 0 nerve pain and a lot less pain in general
During 3.4cm-4.8cm i had strong shin pain on my right leg but that’s gone now, still no nerve oain and now im at 5.6cm virtually pain free

3. Yea I had a very long reach before!! My arms went all the way down almost to my knees, very large torso
(Go to page2-4 somewhere to see me walking at orginal height)

Dude its all just work. If u have the will power u can go to 8cm in tibias as well

MyEvolution

« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »

Update:
I just saw the doctor and have been cleared to go to 6.5cm which is my next dr.appt jan6th

DREAMS R POSSIBLE BABY
but dreams dont work unless you do

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #447 on: December 24, 2019, 03:01:28 AM »

congrats bro! could you inform us what specific physical therapies you do at paley institute or at home to achieve your flexibility?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #448 on: December 24, 2019, 03:25:44 AM »

Congrats on your success. I met with Dr. Paley and Dr. Robbins for consultation couple of weeks ago and will be doing surgery on Femurs after the holidays.  If you you could please send me  daily stretches to do for pre surgery to help maximize my odds.

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #449 on: December 25, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »

Congrats! So happy for you. You look awesomely tall in your new video, and the proportion looks great too.  Like what Tiggy has observed, your arms look very long. Did you ever measure your wingspan?  I am guessing your wingspan is in the neighborhood of 6'.
Again, thanks for the wonderful sharing!

FormerKidd

« Reply #450 on: December 26, 2019, 11:50:44 PM »

Femurs hurt more in general, more pain involved, but less maintenence required to hit 8cm simply stretch 4x/day
Most femur patients sadly barely even stretch once, no lie
Tibias way less pain, harder work ethic, must stretch every hour to go past 5cm

Having now gone back to do tibias after femurs (both w/ Paley), I do agree that the tibias seem less painful and easier to deal with initially -- there's a much wider "muscle shutdown" after the femur insertion, and most of my respective pain levels seemed to be 2 less than the first time (on a scale of 0-10).  However, I told this to a few folks at St. Mary's and they said it could just be that the second time may be easier since you know what to expect.

Congrats on your success. I met with Dr. Paley and Dr. Robbins for consultation couple of weeks ago and will be doing surgery on Femurs after the holidays.  If you you could please send me  daily stretches to do for pre surgery to help maximize my odds.

With the femur stretches, I found other people could stretch me better than I could stretch myself (obviously YMMV).  If you want some help stretching and can spare some extra cash, you could consider going to Massage Envy and getting some 30-minute stretch sessions and just ask them to focus on your legs.  Some of the leg stretches they do are the same as what you'll do in PT, no joke.

MyEvolution

« Reply #451 on: December 30, 2019, 12:00:16 AM »

Thomas stretch
toe touches
hamstring rope stretch

MyEvolution

« Reply #452 on: December 30, 2019, 12:03:18 AM »

Update: JUST HIT 6CM!!
This would have marked the end of my journey as my original goal when I first started my journey was 8+6
but after learning that it is possible to do 8+8 IF you have the work ethic to back it up, WE SHALL KEEP GOING
https://imgur.com/mQhtCwe

NEXT UP 7CM BABY, JAN15TH
LETS
FRIGGEN
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also i’ve been cane free since last Monday. I can now say that I have confidently transitioned into no cane
I went out last night with some girl I dm’ed on IG, no cane met all her friends no one said anything
Bye bye cane it was nice
Interesting that i’m off the cane but still lengthening!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:55:47 AM by MyEvolution »

hello321

• Visitor
« Reply #453 on: December 30, 2019, 12:40:17 AM »

congrats bro! can you informing me what kind of stretches you do for tibias every hour? i am thinking doing it with paley. will have my consultation in a month

MyEvolution

« Reply #454 on: December 30, 2019, 12:54:23 AM »

Yea just the slant board stretch, on the highest angle
3 minutes each leg, 3 rounds
Turn 1 hour alarm clock on
Repeat in an hour

ZUCC420

« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2019, 10:01:33 PM »

Do you know your sitting height @MyEvolution ?
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

MyEvolution

« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2020, 03:02:03 PM »

Do you know your sitting height @MyEvolution ?

Not sure!!

FormerKidd

« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2020, 12:45:42 AM »

Hey MyEvolution,

How do you handle placing and operating the ERC device yourself, or do you?

On the tibias, it's far enough down that I can't easily check the placement of it versus the marks on my legs.

ZUCC420

« Reply #458 on: January 02, 2020, 01:26:51 AM »

Not sure!!

Okay so you know but aren't sure? Post them anyway.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Thatguy19

« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2020, 07:47:46 AM »

Myevolution: Man, you're a legend in the world of CLL. I'm insanely motivated seeing your willpower. Can't believe once can lengthen 6 inch and still look so well proportioned. Like you I also a long torso not sure about arms though.

I have a stupid question, can we do 9cm on femurs with stryde? I know that nail can only lengthen 8cm but there was this guy on quora who said he lengthened 8.5 to 9cm.

MyEvolution

« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2020, 04:04:17 PM »

Okay so you know but aren't sure? Post them anyway.

Not sure as in i dont know! I never really cared, only matters how tall you are when u stand tbh

MyEvolution

« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »

Hey MyEvolution,

How do you handle placing and operating the ERC device yourself, or do you?

On the tibias, it's far enough down that I can't easily check the placement of it versus the marks on my legs.

Yea so i use my camera on my phone to help
Turn the camera with the light on
Start filming a video
Then lighn it up
I use snapchat video so it auto deletes

MyEvolution

« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2020, 04:06:36 PM »

Myevolution: Man, you're a legend in the world of CLL. I'm insanely motivated seeing your willpower. Can't believe once can lengthen 6 inch and still look so well proportioned. Like you I also a long torso not sure about arms though.

I have a stupid question, can we do 9cm on femurs with stryde? I know that nail can only lengthen 8cm but there was this guy on quora who said he lengthened 8.5 to 9cm.

Maybe he went to betz; the stryde nail maxes out at 8cm otherwise i woulda tried going to 9 tbh

MyEvolution

« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2020, 04:18:55 PM »

Honestly one of my biggest motivators is to prove for all of us that it CAN be done so that anyone that comes after me knows in their heart that it’s already been done before & if I can do it so can you. Up until now i havnt found a single diary of anyone who has safetly done 8+8
Everyone on here keeps saying its not possible
That you’ll lose function
That if you do more than 5cm in tibias its too risky
Its not risky if you stretch like you are supposed to
It is possible
I just want to be that proof to the up coming me who wants to do 8+8 but is worried that it is not physically possible
I am on track to hit 8cm in tibias ballerina and complication free

Rest assured
Things seem impossible until someone does it

MirinHeight

« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2020, 08:04:45 AM »

any x ray pictures?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up