Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 110277 times)

Jim_dabarber

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #496 on: January 12, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »

Can you show a proportions pic? Like without BAGGY clothes. Maybe just in underwear and no shirt like how i took my proportions pic just to give people a good idea on what to expect. Im really curious as to how 8cm femur and 8cm tibias looks like.

Hopefully you can rebreak and keep going man!
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

cena

« Reply #497 on: January 12, 2020, 06:06:33 PM »

Thank you MyEvolution. If you can, please also politely ask the doctor whether preconsolidation could have been noticed earlier through x-rays. I think Dr. Paley is a no-nonsense guy and would straight up admit it if there was any oversight on their side.

MyEvolution

« Reply #498 on: January 12, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »

Can you show a proportions pic? Like without BAGGY clothes. Maybe just in underwear and no shirt like how i took my proportions pic just to give people a good idea on what to expect. Im really curious as to how 8cm femur and 8cm tibias looks like.

Hopefully you can rebreak and keep going man!

Ya no problem!! My proportions look great imo ill do it at some point

MyEvolution

« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2020, 01:56:57 AM »

Turning point UPDATE - Re breaking surgery scheduled jan21/2020

The Facts
After an assessment by Thy Paley himself
The following notes were made:
- left leg is at 6.5cm & is relatively tight.
- after a week of not lengthening the left foot has loosened up
- right side is at 4.5cm but is incedibally loose so lengtheing another 2-3cm is expected to be well tolerated

Plan of attack:
I’ll be lengthening my left leg at a rate of 2x/day while stretching every hour for 10 days
This will put my left at 7cm. While i lengthen my right leg, i wont be lengthening my left leg
20mm / 0.75mm = 27 days
This will give my left leg aprox 25 days to loosen up
At which point i can go 1 more cm on the left easily given its rest and comtimue the right to 8

Because i wont be lengthening my left there is a chance it could consolidate.
I would accept 7cm if that happened
8+7 is amazing gains
However i will be a lot more attentive to the xrays this time and keep om eye on the tightness and bone formation of the left
If at any point the bone is showing signs of pre consolidtion given that my left is flexible enough i’ll take it to 8

I’ve set a plan
And a safety backup
Now it’s just faith we’ll see what happens

Surgery is this tuesday
The saga continues

Thanks for all your support

TemakiSushi

« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2020, 04:29:34 AM »

MyEvolution
Sorry to hear that you have to rebreak bone,
however it’s not that big issue, surely I believe you’ll accomplish your goal with your strong will ;)
For this rebreaking surgery, may I ask how much do they charge?
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

MyEvolution

« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2020, 05:40:35 AM »

Are there any diaries out there about re beaking? I would be lieng if I said im not at least a little nervous tbh
My re break is scheduled in 4 days i have no clue how ill b walking right after
I jus took a video of my curent walk so i can compare but hoping its not too big of a set back
They r re breaking + changing the rod

I’ve been lengthening my left at 2x (0.5mm) slowly as well
I have 7 more days of that and my left will officially be at 7cm
At that point i am hoping that while i focus on my right and give my left time off, it will loosen up to the point where i can safetly continue the left to 8cm with the right

This has been one of the hardest things i’ve ever had to fight for
Just when i thought i’d be at 8cm 2 weeks from now, that date got pushed back by 1.5months
But it’s SO worth it to me and still not too far off so I have to keep battling

Btw i have been thinking of making a patreon where i post exclusive videos for you guys going in depth on any Q&A’s you might have. If u support this idea let me know & if enough people want it i’ll do it

I remember what it was like to be in the 5’4’s and reading this forum on the other side hoping this was all real and worth it
It is, there is a hope my brothers

InFullStryde

« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2020, 05:45:43 PM »

It is so worth it! It will be okay, MyEvolution. It will ALL be okay.  Keep.Going.Strong. 
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Ascending

« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2020, 06:30:09 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,

I also had a rebreak and change of nail because of premature consolidation.  It wasn't traumatic and in fact as a precaution I was lengthening the day after the surgery.  In my case the new osteotomy site was more distal than the previous one.  I recently looked at my xrays and the original site is fully consolidated and the new site is more or less consolidated too.  I had the rebreak in September last year.  I am sure it will go well for you too.

Good luck!

MyEvolution

« Reply #504 on: January 18, 2020, 11:27:16 PM »

How painful was it and did it set you back?
Currently i’m not using any walking assistance. Will I be back to a cane, on crutches? Etc
It took me pretty much 3 months post Op to be able to walk with no assistance. I guess im tryna see if it’ll be like, another 3 months post op to walk properly

FormerKidd

« Reply #505 on: January 19, 2020, 02:46:01 AM »

Oh, interesting - I thought you had to atleast use the cain through part of consolidation.

snowcloud

• Visitor
« Reply #506 on: January 19, 2020, 08:08:01 AM »

Hi MyEvolution
You will be fine!
Can I ask why they have to change the nail when you rebreak, and how much they will charge it again? thanks

farfan21

• Visitor
« Reply #507 on: January 19, 2020, 08:16:24 PM »

Does anyone know how common the chance for premature consolidation is? Is there a way to prevent this? All my best to you MyEvolution, really unfortunate but hope the surgery and recovery goes well

Ascending

« Reply #508 on: January 19, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »

How painful was it and did it set you back?
Currently i’m not using any walking assistance. Will I be back to a cane, on crutches? Etc
It took me pretty much 3 months post Op to be able to walk with no assistance. I guess im tryna see if it’ll be like, another 3 months post op to walk properly
It was not painful but that could be because I had a good supply of pain killers.  However, I did need to stay in hospital longer than the original surgery - about 10 nights as I had become quite weak and it would have been difficult to cope on my own.
Because the surgeon at the time was not sure as to why the lengthening had not worked I was asked to stay on crutches for the entire duration of lengthening.  After lengthening I was able to walk unassisted in about 6 weeks.

MyEvolution

« Reply #509 on: January 19, 2020, 09:12:26 PM »

It was not painful but that could be because I had a good supply of pain killers.  However, I did need to stay in hospital longer than the original surgery - about 10 nights as I had become quite weak and it would have been difficult to cope on my own.
Because the surgeon at the time was not sure as to why the lengthening had not worked I was asked to stay on crutches for the entire duration of lengthening.  After lengthening I was able to walk unassisted in about 6 weeks.

Holy thats scary!!! They told me i’d probably be able to go home the same day
Where did u do your re break

Dreamer57

« Reply #510 on: January 20, 2020, 05:02:04 AM »

Are there any diaries out there about re beaking? I would be lieng if I said im not at least a little nervous tbh
My re break is scheduled in 4 days i have no clue how ill b walking right after
I jus took a video of my curent walk so i can compare but hoping its not too big of a set back
They r re breaking + changing the rod

I’ve been lengthening my left at 2x (0.5mm) slowly as well
I have 7 more days of that and my left will officially be at 7cm
At that point i am hoping that while i focus on my right and give my left time off, it will loosen up to the point where i can safetly continue the left to 8cm with the right

This has been one of the hardest things i’ve ever had to fight for
Just when i thought i’d be at 8cm 2 weeks from now, that date got pushed back by 1.5months
But it’s SO worth it to me and still not too far off so I have to keep battling

Btw i have been thinking of making a patreon where i post exclusive videos for you guys going in depth on any Q&A’s you might have. If u support this idea let me know & if enough people want it i’ll do it

I remember what it was like to be in the 5’4’s and reading this forum on the other side hoping this was all real and worth it
It is, there is a hope my brothers

Hey bro....we definitely want that video thing...would really be helpful....best of luck for re break surgery!

Ascending

« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2020, 09:43:09 AM »

Holy thats scary!!! They told me i’d probably be able to go home the same day
Where did u do your re break
It was my fourth surgery and I elected to stay longer because I did not feel well enough to travel back home by plane - my stay was originally expected to be 5 nights.  The procedure was done in Europe by the surgeon that did the original surgery.  Your situation is much better than my one was.

MyEvolution

« Reply #512 on: January 21, 2020, 01:57:32 AM »

Surgery tomorrow 12pm!!!!!!!
Fml but here we go
🤕

FormerKidd

« Reply #513 on: January 21, 2020, 03:04:18 AM »

Surgery tomorrow 12pm!!!!!!!
Fml but here we go
🤕
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I always worry about premature consolidation or unevening lengthening.

MyEvolution

« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2020, 01:14:28 PM »

Thanks dude

BTW OPEN OFFER
I am staying at Homewood suites right now I have a 2 bedroom (1 king room, 1 living room and 2 queen beds in another room all seperated by doors) and my brother left so it’s only me
If anyone is doing LL soon and is staying at homewood suites i’d love to split 50/50 on the room, it’ll save you 50% of curent honewood suites offer

Lmk if you are interested

MyEvolution

« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2020, 11:38:04 PM »

Just had surgery couple days ago and.. how do i put this into words
Thank god it’s only my right leg my left leg feels terrible
Not as bad as first time but still a solid 50% of the pain of surgery
I’ve had hiccups since surgery that anesthesia was super strong
Puked all of tuesday
I am using crutches rn pretty dependent on them ngl idk how long it will take me to regain full strength but this def sucks
I feel pain at my knees rn i know that’ll go away soon enough
But hey my left leg is at 7cm so time to catch up then go home

FormerKidd

« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2020, 12:32:59 AM »

Been checking this thread a lot — Glad to hear you’re doing okay.

Some people experience nausea as a result of the anesthesia; I know I did the first time, and they gave me a patch the second time.

I think the knee pain is usually due to swelling.

MyEvolution

« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2020, 01:55:50 AM »

Fr man everytime i think damn why did I do this i remember DAMN BABY i get to go home with 7CM WOOOOO idk if i’ll get to 8 cause at this point they are on my assss making sure I stop but
7 is amazing still
Catch up consolidate go hooomeee a tall manss

FormerKidd

« Reply #518 on: January 26, 2020, 02:29:45 AM »

Fr man everytime i think damn why did I do this i remember DAMN BABY i get to go home with 7CM WOOOOO idk if i’ll get to 8 cause at this point they are on my assss making sure I stop but
7 is amazing still
Catch up consolidate go hooomeee a tall manss
I assume you've been discharged, have you resumed PT yet?

BTW sounds like they've cracked down and don't want people trying to go past 5cm on tibias anymore.

MyEvolution

« Reply #519 on: January 26, 2020, 02:55:29 AM »

I assume you've been discharged, have you resumed PT yet?

BTW sounds like they've cracked down and don't want people trying to go past 5cm on tibias anymore.

Ya thats true. For anyone reading, if you try to go past 5cm the doctors will litterally do everything to stop you at 5cm. I know why now loool it’s too much fighting but im glad i made it to 7

Yea i was discharged the day after, spent 1 night in the hospital
I puked 4 times that day

Athens

« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »

Hey MyEvolution,

I've been following your journey for months. Thanks for your fantastic diary so far. I have a question regarding the lengthening schedule. For the first 7 days of lengthening, I was doing 1mm a day in tibias. Following that, I am doing 0.75mm a day for the next 85 days. What was your lengthening schedule like?

FormerKidd

« Reply #521 on: January 26, 2020, 01:52:53 PM »

I've been following your journey for months. Thanks for your fantastic diary so far. I have a question regarding the lengthening schedule. For the first 7 days of lengthening, I was doing 1mm a day in tibias. Following that, I am doing 0.75mm a day for the next 85 days. What was your lengthening schedule like?
I can't speak to his schedule but I'm told Paley usually limits tibia patients to 0.75mm/day.

MyEvolution

« Reply #522 on: January 26, 2020, 11:57:09 PM »

I can't speak to his schedule but I'm told Paley usually limits tibia patients to 0.75mm/day.
Yea usually but they told me to do 0.5mm/day THATS TOO SLOW I AM LOSING MY MIND OMG I WANNA GO HOMEEEEEEEEEE

FormerKidd

« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2020, 12:09:03 AM »

Yea usually but they told me to do 0.5mm/day THATS TOO SLOW I AM LOSING MY MIND OMG I WANNA GO HOMEEEEEEEEEE
I too have been told to go down to 0.5mm and I agree, it's quite a bummer. Feels like things take forever.

MyEvolution

« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2020, 12:24:23 AM »

I too have been told to go down to 0.5mm and I agree, it's quite a bummer. Feels like things take forever.
I know man like i was getting ready to go home in a week
Now my trip got extended another 50 DAMN DAYS
this will break you down
Femurs was WAY WAY EASIER DO NOT DO TIBIAS

MyEvolution

« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »

Update:
Lengthening starts tomorrow
Back to using a cane
Painful but i’m strong enough to use a cane so gonna stick with it

limewalk

« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2020, 04:35:16 PM »

50 days is nothing in life mate, it will be over soon and you will not have to do any of this again  :D Keep your spirits up!
===============

Which country are you from ?

I am particularly worried about a situation like yours. I can stay in US for only 90 days per visit. If I overstay, I may not be allowed to enter in the future. Having to stay another 50-60 days would be impossible. But imagine paying so much money and to cut short your goal to leave the country.

Edit: Just saw your Canadian. So you guys can stay for 180 days eh? Lucky you!  >:(  :D Do you know what other people from outside do at paley institute? 90 days is too short and MOST country people are allowed to stay only for 90 days. 3 days to set up everything in WPB, then surgery, then 7 days of no lengthening and you are left with exactly 80 days for lengthening. One complication and it's over. There is no easy way for me to stay for 180 days. :(

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up