Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109610 times)

MyEvolution

Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »

I'm booking my consultation for the 20th of september 2018, surgery 25th of september with Dr.Paley so I'd like to start a Diary
Height: Just self measured 5'4 & a half (But everyone thinks im 5'5)
Goal: 8cm in Femurs, 5-6cm Tibs, for total of 13-14cm or, 5'10 ish

I'm about to pay the $10k deposit & I'll be going with STRYDE as it allows for weight bearing of 200lb / leg which means I won't be on a wheelchair!! Given that My occupation is online I'll have no problem creating an income for myself while staying in florida so I am pretty stoked about this! At first I thought I'd have to be in a wheelchair so the opportunity cost of not working to my full capacity was worrying but i'm excited now

I was considering doing Dr.Betz first as I saw a video "reach new heights with betz" on YouTube
but after reading all of the diaries like MASTERHY & numerous others of people who had broken nails & bending, I decided that Safety is worth the difference in price ESPECIALLY since I won't even have to take work off!!

I'm thinking of getting an Airbnb room or something along those lines? way cheaper than a hotel plus a kitchen means I can cook for myself, ordering food all the time will add up pretty quickly
if anyone is also looking to do their surgery at the same time & would like to room LMK

Dr.Paley's staff said I'll be able to do Tibs 1 year later which, I will 100% do because 3 inches at 5'4 means nothing to me lol i'll be pretty depressed at 5'8 ish so might as well go for 5'10

It's going to be a long journey, I will keep this all as one Diary & update you all with everything
I will keep this as transparent as possible

If you have any questions feel free to ask, thought i'd leave out all the baggage & keep it simple for someone reading for a reference point

Messenger

Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:12 AM »

Hey I PMd you

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »

What is your weight? 

Android

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

Awesome stuff, just over a month away. Looking forward to updates!
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Johnson1111

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »

How do u have so much money 100k+ multiple times for surgeries at 24?? fk

Leggs

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:51:00 PM »

MyEvolution, thanks for posting. A lot of people on this forum, including myself, will be very interested in a STRYDE experience.

I have a special request to ask of you, and that is will you please have someone take videos of yourself walking during lengthening and post them in your patient experience (diary). A video of yourself walking 1-2 weeks after surgery would be great, and then a video every month or so to show the progression would be so very much appreciated.

You made a great choice in choosing Dr. Paley, and planning to continue making money during your lengthening will substantially lower your cost by removing the loss of income portion to the overall expense.

You have ambitious but safe lengthening goals, i'm glad to see you didn't opt for quadrilateral lengthening, surgery a year apart is a very wise choice.

If you are 100% committed to lengthening your femurs and tibias. Have you considered lengthening the tibia's first then followed by femurs a year later?

The reason I ask is that tibia's take longer to heal and are more prone to complications. So if you lengthen tibia's first you get the risker and longer recovery bone segment out of the way. Then when you go back a year later to lengthen your femurs, you will be at less risk for complications, and post lengthening recovery will be faster, so you can get out and enjoy your new overall height sooner rather than later.

MyEvolution

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 03:14:37 PM »

What is your weight?

I’m 155lb, Atheltic build, 11% bodyfat (abs present)

MyEvolution

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »

Andriod;

Haha we are the same height!! Little worried cause ppl say the Limit is 13cm for two surgeries but not everyone achieves that. My goal is to stop at nothing till I hit 13cm maybe even 14cm!

I’m doing daily stretching now using YouTube videos, might sign up for Yoga

MyEvolution

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »

Johnson1111: “How do u have so much money 100k+ multiple times for surgeries at 24?? fk“

Gonna be fully transparent here, I have 2M subscribers on Youtube

Bonez

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »

Johnson1111: “How do u have so much money 100k+ multiple times for surgeries at 24?? fk“

Gonna be fully transparent here, I have 2M subscribers on Youtube

Found him:

in all seriousness great job building your career by such a young age. Any chance we can get maybe a small hint of what kind of channel you have?

This will be the first stryde diary so we are all definitely interested to see if it's really the revolution in limb lengthening that we all hope it is.

God speed brother

myloginacc

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »

Don't give any more information about your YouTube channel (unless you intend going public with your CLL).

Best of luck with your Stryde journey.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

6'2_dream

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »

Hello Friend
I want to wish you good luck
and everything will get better!
and I wanted to make a point,
to create a channel on youtube and make daily videos, would be very cool,
I will follow all your progress here too.
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

6'2_dream

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »

Hello Friend
I want to wish you good luck
and everything will get better!
and I wanted to make a point,
to create a channel on youtube and make daily videos, would be very cool,
I will follow all your progress here too.

now I see that you already have the channel on youtube, hahah
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

Bonez

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 04:12:54 PM »

Don't give any more information about your YouTube channel (unless you intend going public with your CLL).

hey a hint wont hurt ;D, my money is on it being a gaming channel. I assume he's going to keep the surgery a secret as most of us are. I don't think anyone here expects him to post anything about channel, but it's definitely an interesting twist to the diary. Honestly there is so many channels with 2M at this point that it would be almost impossible to guess anyway.

MirinHeight

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »

hey a hint wont hurt ;D, my money is on it being a gaming channel. I assume he's going to keep the surgery a secret as most of us are. I don't think anyone here expects him to post anything about channel, but it's definitely an interesting twist to the diary. Honestly there is so many channels with 2M at this point that it would be almost impossible to guess anyway.

The reason people don't like answering personal questions is because of people like you. Why are you so nosy?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Bonez

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »

The reason people don't like answering personal questions is because of people like you. Why are you so nosy?

Relax bruce wayne,

Building a channel to 2M takes lot of hard work and dedication and I know he couldn't have done that without a shiit ton of discipline. The fact that he was able to become self made and afford Dr. Paley at such a young age is super admirable. I think the only other LL'er to come close is programdude.  I would ask every LL'er who was able to accomplish something similar more details about how they did it.

Obviously anyone who writes a diary will not reveal more details about their personal life then they are comfortable with. Some post pictures of their face and some don't even tell us what country they are from. But he made a diary so I think it's ok for us to ask questions?

MyEvolution

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »

Best of luck with your Stryde journey.

Yes good point! I actually am thinking of making a documentary style Youtube video to document the jounrney. When I was first year university I went through chronic depression when I had a reality check that the average girl was taller than me. I felt like a man stuck inside a child's body, among college kids. I litterally cried almost every single day, to the point where I thought of killing myself. I felt like everyone else was so spoiled! People complain about things there were real solutions to. I had friends who were overweight who would just complain, when they could just go to the gym for a year or two and fix that. On the other hand, I felt helpless, I felt like no matter how much "work" i put in to getting taller, it was just physically impossible. I didn't know that LL was a possibility! Im sure there are 1000's of kids out there who were in the same position as me crying theirself to bed wishing for a chance to effect their height. The goal of the documentary is to give hope & shed light on the reality that there IS a possibility but it takes alot of work

anyway that was my mini rant haha, we'll see if I end up uploading the video or not, but I will at LEAST film the documentary for sure because I'd like to write this entire surgery off as a business expense which I could only do if I filmed it (maybe)

Preparation:
From what Angelique told me (she is responsible for all appointments)
for the first 2-3 weeks I will be in a wheelchair so I will need
- a hotel with wheelchair transporation (they sent me a list of options)
- a caretaker

I went ahead and asked my friend if he would be down to fly out to West Palms (flight covered by me), live with me for 3 weeks as I have a job opportunity for him. I told him I'd give him $1000 Canadian & he agreed. To me this is a win because the caretakers quoted me $10,000 USD for 2 weeks of care, screw that!

after I stay in the hotel for 2-3 weeks, I will be living in an Airbnb (booking that now ish) for the rest of the 3 months

Hayden

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »

Hey MyEvolution,

Super stoked for this diary since you have exactly the same measurements as i do, the exact same goal, only way more money x) That being said, wish you all the best for your goal! Will be lurking hard here.  ;D

Bestrong

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »

Hi MyEvolution,
Best luck to you. I will follow your diary. Very interested in Stryde experience.

MyEvolution

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 02:19:06 AM »

Update:

Height after measuring with doctor stadiometer: 5'4

so far I have completed my pre op & consultation, tomorrow is my surgery, nervousness is starting to kick in. According to the Med team, because I am using STRYDE I may not even need a wheelchair. That being said my caretaker will be arriving in 4 days and I will either be on crutches or a wheelchair for a couple days-1week.

I have also started a video diary / documentary which I may or may not post depending on what I decide but so far, all of the logistics have been taken care of, and we are ready to go

I am to arrive at the hospital at 6am tomorrow morning, food consumption stops at midnight tonight, and clear liquids like water stops at 4am
I am doing femurs
I will keep you guys updated as much as I can. Let the journey begin, today my body will change, forever. No more being very short.
My goal for this is to gain the full 8cm, and then tibs next year for 5-8cm (whatever my body will allow)
Paley said that it is possible to do 8cm but it depends if your body will allow it. My goal is 16cm so I can be standing at a bold 5'10. That would change my life forever

I am ambitious, my work ethic is crazy. Here we go!

Hayden

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 02:29:48 AM »

Awesome! Best of luck to you on your journey to a new, bolder you. Any chance you will be posting your pre-op body proportions and post op body proportions comparison photos?

TallerDream

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 02:58:44 AM »

I wish you good luck and may your dreams be accomplished ! keep us updated on your progress and I am very interested in knowing this.
btw, how much will you be spending on this including the hospital stay, prescriptions and whatnot?

cool

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 03:32:25 AM »

I am jealous of you that you are able to afford Dr. Paley and Stryde! Lengthening should be way tolerable with a weight bearing nail. You should have a fast recovery as well!

How much in total have you saved up for the procedure?

If you can, can you ask Dr. Paley when Stryde nail will be available internationally?
8)

MyEvolution

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 04:19:23 AM »

Awesome! Best of luck to you on your journey to a new, bolder you. Any chance you will be posting your pre-op body proportions and post op body proportions comparison photos?

That's a great idea!! I'll take some photos tomorrow

Renaissance

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »

Hi MyEvolution

First I would like to say like many other membres I'm very interested about your journey with Paley/Stryde .
Using Stryde tech is so new for LL comunity  and If you post your complete proportions and some vids it will be an amazing diary.     

I've 2 questions for you :

- did you have an bone densitometry test ? Because your bones will support your entiere weight.  So check if no ostéoporosis.   I know Guichet asking for the test before surgery. What about Paley ?

- wich type of anesthesia ? General or spinal anesthesia  ?

Do you have the choise ? Rozbruch let you choose your type of anesthesia.

Wish you the best !!

cool

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »

I am jealous of you that you are able to afford Dr. Paley and Stryde! Lengthening should be way tolerable with a weight bearing nail. You should have a fast recovery as well!

How much in total have you saved up for the procedure?

If you can, can you ask Dr. Paley when Stryde nail will be available internationally?

Sorry I didn't proof read my post earlier and it looks somewhat impolite the way I wrote it. I only meant to be congratulatory.

Good luck with the surgery man!
8)

MyEvolution

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »

Hi MyEvolution

First I would like to say like many other membres I'm very interested about your journey with Paley/Stryde .
Using Stryde tech is so new for LL comunity  and If you post your complete proportions and some vids it will be an amazing diary.     

Thank you!!

I've 2 questions for you :

- did you have an bone densitometry test ? Because your bones will support your entiere weight.  So check if no ostéoporosis. 

We did blook work for vitam D levels, i’ll ask the nurse tomorrow, this one says she doesnt know
 I know Guichet asking for the test before surgery. What about Paley ?

- wich type of anesthesia ? General or spinal anesthesia  ?
Spinal

Do you have the choise ? Rozbruch let you choose your type of anesthesia.
I chose between spinal or something else

Wish you the best !!
Thank you!!

MyEvolution

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »

Update:
Surgery finished a couple hours ago, I am now laying in my room! I can move my legs a little, i expected to be immobile haha so that’s good. Virtually no pain, but very nauseas & drowsy
They gave me morphine pre surgery, shaved my legs & cleaned it with hibiclens

For everyone asking finance questions:
- so I never specifically saved up money, I do have a good amount of cushion couple 100K just from what I made over the years

Femurs Surgery / physio / 4 nights in the hospital package
- $97,500 USD

Lodging / hotels etc
- i rented an AIRBNB that is a 3 minute uber from the hospital. Managed to get one for roughly $8,000 CAD. I booked this im advance with another LL patient who is doing his surgery soon! He messaged me & it worked out perfectly! We split it so $4k each roughly for 3 momths (CAD). Now at first i was gonna book a hotel for 2 weeke cause Angelique told me i may need special wheelchair transportstion services hotel. After looking into it cheapest was WAY too much like a sick $120USD / night. I ended up booking an airbnb for 1st 2 weeks that is a 15 walk so my caretaker will push me on a wheelchair if needed.

Caretaker:
- at first they recommended one of their caretakers, but after getting a quote I almost had a heart attack cause they quoted me $10,000 USD.. NO THANKS. What i then did was.. i’m 24 so I have a lot of friends who don’t have full time jobs. This one friend in paticular i’m really close to and looks up to me alot (eventho he’s 5’11 haha) I asked if he’d be down to come live with me in West Palm beach for 1.5 months flight paid for free lodging & I’d give him $1000 cash. I didn’t tell him the surgery is LL but i told him i’d be on a wheelchaie for 2 weeks cause it’s a leg surgery. I’ll probably end up telling him. PS, I almost just puked while writing this but nothing came out cause I havnt eaten anything or drank watee. They got me hooked up for my liquids & for my pee. Anyways i’m pretty blessed for this situation to have worked out so well!! My caretaker will also be caring for another LL patient when my two weeks are done. We will all be living in the same Airbnb though so we’ll help each other.

GOAL:
I know i briefly talked about this but I got some new information from Dr.Paley i’d like to discuss.
My goal is full 8cm in the femurs & then 5-8cm in the tibs. Now, Dr.Paley has usually been super strict in the past & said he’ll not ever lengthen more than 6cm, but when I spoke to him he said the nail technically goes up to 8cm so if my body can handle it he’ll let me do it. He said the harder you work the better chances to maximize your length. It’s a long journey ahead. At 5’4 my proportions will still look good at 5’9-5’10 as I have normal proportions now slightly longer torso

Hope that answers everyone questions!! 

TinyTL

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 09:29:45 PM »

grats. Just wanted to tell you;
like me, alot of lurkers won't be posting in this diary but we will be following it religiously! this is the first Stryde diary after all.

God bless your journey

doomsday

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »

Please do not do any youtube documentry etc. Most of us wants to stay in the shadows.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 01:16:29 AM »

I am so glad to hear that you may have your journey on YouTube.
I think CLL is still a developing technology , so if this is broadly known worldwide,
that will impact  in a good way for better and speeding up of the technology growth.

But of course understand its all up to you if you decide to put it in a public or not.
Hope you do well in your journey, good luck  :D :D
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up