Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley  (Read 109628 times)

LL4me

• Visitor
Re: Femurs & Tibias with Dr Paley
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2018, 12:00:57 PM »

Did Dr. Paley release your IT-Band right during the lengthening surgery? Or weeks/months afterwards?

He must do it during the initial nail insertion surgery. Otherwise it would be too time consuming and more costly going under the knife again just for ITB release

MyEvolution

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2018, 01:59:29 PM »

Yes you’re right during surgery + i’m pretty sure he had my hamstrings released as well (or something like that)
But again, these things will heal back to 100% in a year so its nbd

Pilor

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »

Hi myevolution,

Could you share a video of your walking? It would be amazing to see how those cm influence the aestehics for the better

Thanks

MyEvolution

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »

UPDATE:
I’m about to hit 4CM tomorrow 50% of the way there!!
Things have began to get difficult though. I am little concerned because for some reason my calfs are getting tight? Eventho i’m only lengthening femurs atm. When I walk I feel my calf getting sore i dont get why? Maybe im putting too much weight on the balls of my feet when I walk idk
Also, there is a vain that runs inside of my calf up to my knee & its starting to tingle & feel very tight
Has anyone has issues with their tibia muscles when doing their femurs? This makes me very nervous for tibias next up

totallyred

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »

Could be due to Stryde (?) You must ask from Paley urgently...

Bosnian2018

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »

All diaries I read said calfs hurt when lengthening femurs. Yes tibia pain from from femur lengthening. Check penguins diary. They all start taking Lyrica at this point.

Get massages, take up to 5 hot baths a day for your legs.

This is where the test of will comes in. Push through but stretch and use heat to fight through it.

I have read tons of diaries. They all said this pain gets more intense up to 8cm and many quit right before 7. But those that cross 6.5 usually go to 8.

All diaries say this pain stops 2 to 3 days after lengthening is complete. About half of them wish they pushed through it as the pain tricked them into stopping.

my 2 cents. rooting for you. If you need anything let me know. Sometimes you need something and no one around.

LL4me

• Visitor
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »

All diaries I read said calfs hurt when lengthening femurs. Yes tibia pain from from femur lengthening. Check penguins diary. They all start taking Lyrica at this point.

This is where the test of will comes in. Push through but stretch and use heat to fight through it.

I have read tons of diaries. They all said this pain gets more intense up to 8cm and many quit right before 7. But those that cross 6.5 usually go to 8.

All diaries say this pain stops 2 to 3 days after lengthening is complete. About half of them wish they pushed through it as the pain tricked them into stopping.

my 2 cents. rooting for you. If you need anything let me know. Sometimes you need something and no one around.

Good post Bosnian.

MyEvolution

« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »

Wow thanks man that really helps me! Pain is temporary, i will push through not stopping till 8cm & then 6-7cm for Tibias next

Lets gooooooo🔥🔥🔥

Pilor

« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »

Yeah absolutely! Pushing through will be more than worth it.

How is your current recovery? Are you walking much, and would you say you can walk greater distances without pain?

Thanks, and keep pushing,
Pilot

totallyred

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »

Just a small question...can you please tell the list of pain killers you are taking and if you know their side effects also... thanks.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »

Wow thanks man that really helps me! Pain is temporary, i will push through not stopping till 8cm & then 6-7cm for Tibias next

Lets gooooooo🔥🔥🔥
Keep going buddy! 3" is not much for where we started ;) Max out coz its not a everyday surgery either :)
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

michael33

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2018, 03:27:58 AM »

Thank you so much for journalling your experience.  I wish you the best of luck and really appreciate your transparentness with this.  Not many people are doing this and it means a lot to perspective LL patients to have diaries made from people going to the best doctors and using the latest technology in their surgery.  Good luck on the future progress and congrats on the 4cm that's a huge deal!   

cool

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »

Hey man, I have sent you a PM, please check. Thanks..
8)

Movie

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:56 AM »

any updates bro?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Cr7

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »

I’ll have X ray pics oct17th for yall

GOOD NEWS: for the first time I FINALLY slept 7 hours!! I can confirm that the Tremadol Tylenol combo works :)  I also got some work done last night as well. My goal is to earn half the surgery cost back within the next 3 months which is super possible for me

Could you pls post the x-rays if possible. Everyone is excited for this first stryde diary, it would be amazing to see the difference as compared to previous generation lengthening devices.
Recent incident of a fake person posting as Android in his diary shows how can one easily fabricate and write.
X Ray's and videos make a diary believable and legitimate.
Wish you a painless and speedy recovery.

Cr7

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »

Hello myevolution
Could you pls tell what's your wingspan?

MyEvolution

« Reply #140 on: November 19, 2018, 09:00:28 PM »

*UPDATE*

-as of today or tomorrow I have officially reached 5cm!!
Since my last post the nerve pain has tremendously went down. I only feel slight nerve pain on my left now with the calf cramping but this is due to the pinched nerve I have in my lumbar i had since i was 17. Looking to get that fixed before Tibias
- i noticed that i was always over working & pushing my body into inflammation ever since relaxing more things have been better
- I met another femurs patient who’s gonna be my Tibz partner as soon as we get cleared so that’s amazing!
- my walking is almost normal unassisted, i’ll post a video soon
- i want to post Xrays just a little concerned can someone use that against me?

Not sure how to measure wingspan

3CM TO GOOOO then part1 is done!!

MyEvolution

Femurs & Tibias STRYDE with Dr Paley (13-15cm)
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:03 AM »

*Fixing title*

Cr7

« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2018, 09:04:57 AM »

Congratulations on reaching 5 cm safely. Hope your lengthening proceeds well and free of complications.
The reason I asked about wingspan is that u plan to lengthen a total of 14 cm, wouldn't it make your arms look very short in comparison to your overall final height.
A new walking video from you is very welcome. As I can see that u have already posted a video of yours walking, this helps the ll community.
Regarding x ray, if u post it I don't think anyone will make a copy of it and approach Paley institute asking for info about u and even if that's the case I am pretty sure that they won't provide the info.
Sure you would get some negative comments from ll trolls on the forum but u will also get valuable suggestions and info from the ll veterans. Moreover it would help the ll community immensely.
One more thing I would suggest that you not lenthen more than 6 cm on the femurs as you plan to lenthen your tibia  in the future. Rather be safe. Anyways Dr Paley would best advise you regarding this.
Best of luck with your lenthening.

totallyred

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2018, 09:31:21 AM »

Can you change your signature to show your surgery data and mile stone achieved and anything imp . so that it becomes easy for all of us to measure your progress.

MyEvolution

« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »

Can you change your signature to show your surgery data and mile stone achieved and anything imp . so that it becomes easy for all of us to measure your progress.

How do you do that? I also want to change the title of the post to include stryde & my goal of 13-15cm

cool

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »

It's in your profile settings.
8)

BladeRunner

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

*UPDATE*

-as of today or tomorrow I have officially reached 5cm!!
Since my last post the nerve pain has tremendously went down. I only feel slight nerve pain on my left now with the calf cramping but this is due to the pinched nerve I have in my lumbar i had since i was 17. Looking to get that fixed before Tibias
- i noticed that i was always over working & pushing my body into inflammation ever since relaxing more things have been better
- I met another femurs patient who’s gonna be my Tibz partner as soon as we get cleared so that’s amazing!
- my walking is almost normal unassisted, i’ll post a video soon
- i want to post Xrays just a little concerned can someone use that against me?

Not sure how to measure wingspan

3CM TO GOOOO then part1 is done!!

grats,
i hope you can post video of you walking. Im planning on doing Stryde too but my schedule is heavily dependent on how fast I can walk normally.
If its possible after 1 or 1,5 months then i will do this surgery asap and try maybe to lengthen the rest at home.

MyEvolution

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »

grats,
i hope you can post video of you walking. Im planning on doing Stryde too but my schedule is heavily dependent on how fast I can walk normally.
If its possible after 1 or 1,5 months then i will do this surgery asap and try maybe to lengthen the rest at home.

Gonna be completely honest with you dude, my walking atm is almost normal but now that i’ve hit the 5cm mark my walking is kinda getting worse because of calf tightness in my left leg. Might not haopen to you but dont expect to walk normal till at least 3 months post op. You will not be walking normal 1-2 months post op. Maybe if you stopped lengthening but everything starting to get super tight & walking takes ALOT of effort atm. Will post video soon

Cr7

« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »

Glad that u hit 5 cm. Hope u reach your desired goal with ease. Post x Ray's too .

Bosnian2018

« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2018, 04:00:55 AM »

go ahead and post your Xrays. As long as you block or drop out any personal information like name and patient number, you are totally fine. It also helps everyone else know your diary is real, not that anyone is actually doubting you. We can also point out any issues with regenerate or misalignment but obviously Paley is the top doc so probably no worries there either.

MyEvolution

« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2018, 04:02:24 AM »

UPDATE: Just hit 6cm boys
Xray coming on monday (my appt got rescheduled)

Cramping in my left leg is gone!! Seems like most of the pains are temporary and come in phases. I wonder what the next pain phase is gonna be, but i got loads of oxy i’m ready

Goal: 8cm WE AINT STOPPN BABY LES GO 2 WEEKS TO GO

Dylansaga

• Visitor
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2018, 08:19:49 AM »

Cramping in my left leg is gone!! Seems like most of the pains are temporary and come in phases. I wonder what the next pain phase is gonna be, but i got loads of oxy i’m ready

Congratz, can you post a video of you walking?

Mzacr

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2018, 03:05:10 PM »

Congrats on your journey man. Hey I've a request can you post a picture of your progress? You're 5cm taller so I wanted to see how is the difference.

Trevor.P

« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2018, 08:35:16 PM »

What good news to reach 6 cm! I congratulate you MyEvolution

How do you feel until the moment? some kind of pain or similar?
Do you have the typical duck ass that was seen by other newspapers? or everything is correct.

A video or X-rays would be really good.

Stay well!

MyEvolution

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »

Guys it’s not letting me post the photo of my Xray it says file is too big how do I do this
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Up