Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My girlfriend doesn't want me to do LL  (Read 1825 times)

scandidude

• Visitor
My girlfriend doesn't want me to do LL
« on: August 10, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »

Hi there,
I've been roaming this site for a while. I just made an account, because it's only recently I've seriously been considering actually going ahead with LL. I'm 20 and I'm Scandinavian. I'm 5'9(1,75) and my dream height is 6'1(1,85) bare with me and these conversions.

Now I'm still very new to this entire thing, and I still don't know all the terms and I need to do a whole lot of research before going ahead with this entire process. However, I have been talking to my family about it and they think it's silly but they'll always support me regardless. The issue is my girlfriend. We're the same height, which I honestly find to be a bit emasculating. I told her about LL and showed her a few posts and she got extremely angry. She thinks I'll end up looking like a freak and she keeps reiterating that "Supermodels are taller than their husbands" And keeps sending me pictures of Victoria's secret models and their boyfriends ?? Lol
She also asked me if I was looking to get the surgery in order to become more popular with the ladies, and it truthfully isn't, I'd just like to feel more masculine. She's not very happy to say the least and it's definitely put a strain on our relationship.

My half brother is extremely tall compared to me, we're talking roughly 6'4 but he's very "nerdy" and lanky and my girlfriend keeps saying "You think I'd be into Mads?" And it's true, but the kind of tall I'd be would obviously be more athletic and not lanky like my older brother.

Anyway I'm excited to be a part of this community and hearing about you guys and your journey.

Has anyone experience resistance from you SO? If so, how do I go about handling it?

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
Re: My girlfriend doesn't want me to do LL
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »

You're a lucky dude to have a girl who likes you the way you are. You're not shorter than her and you're of a decent height. My advice, stay away from LL. If anything, wait till your mid to late 20's.

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

The problem is that as I’ve found out on this forum people will criticise you for wanting LL at 5’9 mainly because that’s the dream height for people on this site but in saying that I’m in a similar boat I have 3 brothers all in the 6’2-6’4 region and two sisters at 5’8-5’9 I’m 5’10 btw so I know how you feel, honestly I say what ever makes you happy you should go for you only live once so do what you want unfortunately not a lot on this forum will support you because of your current height

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »

Thanks for the input, I'm still very new to this whole thing and the entire process, so I haven't made up my mind. I have been insecure about this for years though, and although I love my girlfriend I also feel I would be a better partner if I were to be taller.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »

How would you be a better partner? If she's saying no, you respecting her wish would mean more to her. Seriously dude, at 175cm, you are not short, far too young and LL doesn't come cheap. I don't know what your financial situation is, but as a young couple, that money can be used in much better ways! Go, travel the world with her or put a deposit on a house.

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 03:26:09 PM »

How would you be a better partner? If she's saying no, you respecting her wish would mean more to her. Seriously dude, at 175cm, you are not short, far too young and LL doesn't come cheap. I don't know what your financial situation is, but as a young couple, that money can be used in much better ways! Go, travel the world with her or put a deposit on a house.

I guess in terms of feeling more confident and masculine. You do bring up some valid points though, which I appreciate. I guess I just need to change my attitude. I do think it's sexy having a tall girlfriend and I don't necessarily mind that she's taller than me when wearing heels, I just wish I was taller myself. It's weird when we're around actual tall dudes. Well weird for me anyway.

The problem is that as I’ve found out on this forum people will criticise you for wanting LL at 5’9 mainly because that’s the dream height for people on this site but in saying that I’m in a similar boat I have 3 brothers all in the 6’2-6’4 region and two sisters at 5’8-5’9 I’m 5’10 btw so I know how you feel, honestly I say what ever makes you happy you should go for you only live once so do what you want unfortunately not a lot on this forum will support you because of your current height
And yeah that's a good point as well. It sucks having such a tall brother and not benefitting from the height when we share some of the same DNA, but he has some other shortcomings I thankfully don't have. Idk man, it's a hard call.

hanshi

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »

Hi there,
I've been roaming this site for a while. I just made an account, because it's only recently I've seriously been considering actually going ahead with LL. I'm 20 and I'm Scandinavian. I'm 5'9(1,75) and my dream height is 6'1(1,85) bare with me and these conversions.

Now I'm still very new to this entire thing, and I still don't know all the terms and I need to do a whole lot of research before going ahead with this entire process. However, I have been talking to my family about it and they think it's silly but they'll always support me regardless. The issue is my girlfriend. We're the same height, which I honestly find to be a bit emasculating. I told her about LL and showed her a few posts and she got extremely angry. She thinks I'll end up looking like a freak and she keeps reiterating that "Supermodels are taller than their husbands" And keeps sending me pictures of Victoria's secret models and their boyfriends ?? Lol
She also asked me if I was looking to get the surgery in order to become more popular with the ladies, and it truthfully isn't, I'd just like to feel more masculine. She's not very happy to say the least and it's definitely put a strain on our relationship.

My half brother is extremely tall compared to me, we're talking roughly 6'4 but he's very "nerdy" and lanky and my girlfriend keeps saying "You think I'd be into Mads?" And it's true, but the kind of tall I'd be would obviously be more athletic and not lanky like my older brother.

Anyway I'm excited to be a part of this community and hearing about you guys and your journey.

Has anyone experience resistance from you SO? If so, how do I go about handling it?

Man, listen to your girlfriend. Women have a much better intuition than men when it comes to dangers. To tell you the truth, LL is crap. I have seen many people who ended up with permanent damage. Also, LL is really degrading and that's why almost nobody who has done it will tell others about it.
Another problem is that LL is performed by doctors. Doctors refuse any liability in case something bad happens. I guess LL would be much safer if it was offered by private companies who have some liability towards their customers. With LL doctors it's very different. They all seem very nice before you have handed over your money to them but afterwards you won't be treated as a customer but rather an annoyance. And most LL doctors despise their LL patients. For them you are only interesting as long as they can get more money from you.
Also: be very sceptical of positive reviews on the forums. Most patients are afraid to write something negative since they are at the mercy of those doctors.
Therefore forget about LL and don't waste your precious time and money. Learn a new skill or travel around the world instead.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 03:41:21 PM »

Man, listen to your girlfriend. Women have a much better intuition than men when it comes to dangers. To tell you the truth, LL is crap. I have seen many people who ended up with permanent damage. Also, LL is really degrading and that's why almost nobody who has done it will tell others about it.
Another problem is that LL is performed by doctors. Doctors refuse any liability in case something bad happens. I guess LL would be much safer if it was offered by private companies who have some liability towards their customers. With LL doctors it's very different. They all seem very nice before you have handed over your money to them but afterwards you won't be treated as a customer but rather an annoyance. And most LL doctors despise their LL patients. For them you are only interesting as long as they can get more money from you.
Also: be very sceptical of positive reviews on the forums. Most patients are afraid to write something negative since they are at the mercy of those doctors.
Therefore forget about LL and don't waste your precious time and money. Learn a new skill or travel around the world instead.

Wow really? Like I said, I'm somewhat new. I don't know if one is allowed to mention other websites/forums, but I was only able to find 2 "Horror stories" about LL on another site, so I figured it was a rarity and somewhat safe in 2018. No?
But yeah, maybe the risk isn't worth it. My girlfriend also goes on these rants of "You just need to unlearn the societal standards and pressures ..." But it's just hard when you're genuinely insecure about something you can't easily change.

I'll have to do some serious research and thinking. There must be some ridiculously expensive doctors though, where things rarely go wrong.

TallerDream

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 04:01:37 PM »

Wow really? Like I said, I'm somewhat new. I don't know if one is allowed to mention other websites/forums, but I was only able to find 2 "Horror stories" about LL on another site, so I figured it was a rarity and somewhat safe in 2018. No?
But yeah, maybe the risk isn't worth it. My girlfriend also goes on these rants of "You just need to unlearn the societal standards and pressures ..." But it's just hard when you're genuinely insecure about something you can't easily change.

I'll have to do some serious research and thinking. There must be some ridiculously expensive doctors though, where things rarely go wrong.

If you really want this at least make sure you can afford the best doctors like Paley and whatnot which is really expensive, it will take a lot of yeara to save up that kind of money.
Regarding your girlfriend appreciate the concern she has on you, it demonstrates how she likes and cares about you.
It also demonstrates she is not shallow and that it doesn’t bother her that you’re not taller than her. She likes you for who you are and that’s the kind of girl you should want to be with.
Plus only LLers believe good looking girls only date 6’3+ men, some women they don’t give a damn about height, like your girlfriend.
Even recently I started to talk with a Brazilian chick, she’s literally a 9 and she likes me despite being almost as tall as myself, she’s 5’7 and I am 5’9 but she uses heels A LOT so most of the time she’s like 5’11... and it doesn’t bother her if I look shorter than her when wearing them.

If you do this, do it because you would genuinely like to see yourself taller and would increase your self-love. This should be an investment on your happiness and self esteem. Don’t do it because society respect taller men more. fk our hypocritical society

Buddy Holly

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »

So that's about 4 inches in height gain.... I'd say if you wanted to get up to 6'1 without losing most athletic abilities, take two surgeries. 2 inches on femur, 2 inches on tibia.
Natural Current height: 182.6cm, just about 6'0". 6'5" wingspan

Not interested in Limb Lengthening. Just here to help people out when taking this surgery...

hanshi

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »

As already mentioned, doctors don't assume any liabilities in case something bad happens. This has nothing to do with money. You won't be safer just because your doctor puts more money in his pocket. Ethical doctors don't perform cosmetic LL, therefore you end up with only the worst of the worst. Many of them are psychopaths. Be warned.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »

If you really want this at least make sure you can afford the best doctors like Paley and whatnot which is really expensive, it will take a lot of yeara to save up that kind of money.
Regarding your girlfriend appreciate the concern she has on you, it demonstrates how she likes and cares about you.
It also demonstrates she is not shallow and that it doesn’t bother her that you’re not taller than her. She likes you for who you are and that’s the kind of girl you should want to be with.
Plus only LLers believe good looking girls only date 6’3+ men, some women they don’t give a damn about height, like your girlfriend.
Even recently I started to talk with a Brazilian chick, she’s literally a 9 and she likes me despite being almost as tall as myself, she’s 5’7 and I am 5’9 but she uses heels A LOT so most of the time she’s like 5’11... and it doesn’t bother her if I look shorter than her when wearing them.

If you do this, do it because you would genuinely like to see yourself taller and would increase your self-love. This should be an investment on your happiness and self esteem. Don’t do it because society respect taller men more. fk our hypocritical society

Haha you sound a lot like my gf. But you're right, I guess no matter what we can all get laid despite our height. I do love my girlfriend a lot, she's a 10 to me and me considering LL is definitely not to attract more women. I just think it would help me feel better about myself and my masculinity if that makes sense. But you're right in many respects, thank you for the perspective man. I also want to make sure I'm not overly fixated on my height. There are other things I could do, that would make me feel more manly I think, like growing out my beard. Idk. 

As already mentioned, doctors don't assume any liabilities in case something bad happens. This has nothing to do with money. You won't be safer just because your doctor puts more money in his pocket. Ethical doctors don't perform cosmetic LL, therefore you end up with only the worst of the worst. Many of them are psychopaths. Be warned.
Wow, can you explain this further? I thought LL was somewhat accepted in the medical field no?

ramaka

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 04:38:54 PM »

It’s not that it’s not accepted it’s that there still is a lot to be improved upon with it that’s a prime example of why the U.K. hasn’t ever gone with LL because it’s pretty risky and also why insurance companies don’t have it listed but to be totally honest with a more experienced doctor your more then likely to have a successful experience experience with LL that’s why people always say when it comes to a taller person doing LL go to paley etc because you’ve already got a desirable height so it would be more beneficial to you and would save you ruining an already good height

notatroll

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »

+1

Johnson1111

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »

Ahhh 5'9" or something like 175.5cm is not too bad tbh. But i get it. One LL surgery and you could be 6ft+. If I were 5'9"+ right now I don't know how i'd feel i'd probably still be delusional and think i'm 5'10"-5'11". But 3 inches makes a big difference. It's tough for me to justify it even myself due to the fact that it limits us so much athletically. Even something as low as ~10% is pretty devastating.

I'm surprised a girlfriend would be opposed to the idea. I've found that women, even my mom somewhat understands the height thing and would encourage LL as their partner would be more appealing and taller. They wouldn't think as much about the possible consequences the height would just immediately register in their head.

The fact that your girl doesn't want you to do that means she most likely truly loves you the way you are tbh. If you truly love her back, then you should stay the way you are. If you think you're gonna leave her and want to enhance your value as a single man on the market, LL will help marginally with that. Looks as far as facial structure are still the most important though in that stratosphere.

You shouldn't be receiving too much grief from other men for your stature at 5'9"+ as it's a pretty common height and not too short. It's not IDEAL in any sense of the word, but it's acceptable and normal. You don't stand out too much in a good or bad way at 5'9". Something like below 5'7" and you're usually subject to the butt of short jokes and discrimination.

This is just what i've gathered from life experience i've had and studies i've read. Although i'm only 21 and have alot of life left to live. We are around the same age, i'm a little shorter than you. I'm definitely gonna go the LL route. You're still in the range where LL makes sense. You're in the ideal range where you can lengthen more AND it's justifiable. Your bones are more statistically likely to be longer than someones bones who is 5'5" therefor 20% of your bone is longer therefor you can lengthen more with less risk of complication.

If I was 5'10" i'd never do LL however. It's just not worth it. 5'9" and 5'10" is a difference for sure. You jump millions of Americans just by gaining that inch is what many don't understand. They just see an inch on a ruler and think it's nothing. Well if you look at 6 inches on a ruler it's really not much in reality either. But humans are so close that the extra added height makes a huge difference in appearance and perception from the standpoint of both others and more importantly yourself.

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:21 PM »

We are about the same height (but I am that height after my first LL).
Becoming 6ft with one LL at your height is too risky and doing 2 LLs at 5.9 is something only a lunatic would have done.
If you really want LL, go for it but don't go over 6-6.5cm max. That would make you 5.11,5 which is a perfect height and you'll feel completely fine with anything and the risk is not much.
So if you really want LL, go for a good but sensible lengthening. Anything else than that is plain stupid.

ramaka

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »

We are about the same height (but I am that height after my first LL).
Becoming 6ft with one LL at your height is too risky and doing 2 LLs at 5.9 is something only a lunatic would have done.
If you really want LL, go for it but don't go over 6-6.5cm max. That would make you 5.11,5 which is a perfect height and you'll feel completely fine with anything and the risk is not much.
So if you really want LL, go for a good but sensible lengthening. Anything else than that is plain stupid.

Body builder where is actually safer to do lengthening tibia or femurs

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:33 PM »

Thank all of you for your input! I still haven't made up my mind, I imagine it's a long thinking process since it can be life altering. I've thought about it a lot, and I'm currently leaning towards no if I'm being honest. I'm 1,75 and though I'm on the shorter side, there's plenty of guys my height that can pull it off and I do after all have a pretty beautiful and loving girlfriend who doesn't mind. So ... Yeah there's that. I'll still be roaming this forum because I haven't totally decided but a lot of you guys truly bring up some good points.

My girlfriend suggested I could do other things that'll make me feel better, such as finding a sport, so I'll try that out.

JohnOdin

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »

my input is if you truly want to do LL only do ~6-7cm in your femurs and be done with it. I say this because of several reasons. #1 you will probably lose some of the trust in your relationship. #2 internal femurs is safer and you can lengthen more in your femurs. #3 one LL operation will cost less than two. #4 how much time do you really want to spend saving money and then staying in a hospital bed and then in physical therapy? i mean with internal femurs stryde will be like $55k-100k and then 2.5 months lengthening and then like 3-4 months of heavy PT. this is my honest opinion and i put a lot of thought into it. I hope this helps you

also, i forgot to say if you were to do two CLL operations and get tibias done that would be like ~5-6cm safety max and the lengthening phase is SLOW so like 5-6 months lengthening and then you have to do PT. don't forget needing to save the money for a second CLL too!

JohnOdin

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 12:04:12 AM »

also the avg height in sweden is like 180-182 cm correct? 7 cm would put you near average

JohnOdin

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 12:04:42 AM »

sorry, i meant 7 cm will put you a little bit past the average :)

myloginacc

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »

Thank all of you for your input! I still haven't made up my mind, I imagine it's a long thinking process since it can be life altering. I've thought about it a lot, and I'm currently leaning towards no if I'm being honest. I'm 1,75 and though I'm on the shorter side, there's plenty of guys my height that can pull it off and I do after all have a pretty beautiful and loving girlfriend who doesn't mind. So ... Yeah there's that. I'll still be roaming this forum because I haven't totally decided but a lot of you guys truly bring up some good points.

My girlfriend suggested I could do other things that'll make me feel better, such as finding a sport, so I'll try that out.

You're not short; you're above-average worldwide; you're fine.

175cm doesn't feel tall and I understand that, but it's not perceived as short.

Listen to your gf and Hanshi and forget about this, if you're completely healthy. In terms of sports, try to take up swimming.

I'd also suggest avoid lurking these forums as it will only feed your height dysphoria. There are a lot of people here who believe and share a lot of crap about height which is not true. I'm not saying height is irrelevant. We all registered here because we know it is. However, some people here take it to a extreme and use it as a scapegoat to blame it for all their problems (and I'm not talking about legitimately very short men).
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

myloginacc

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 12:14:24 PM »

For comparative reasons, Xi Jinping from China is 175cm and he's never called or depicted as short. And mainland China's government is not seen positively by the world's media. Yet, Xi never gets mocked for his height as some shorter leaders do.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 02:00:27 PM »

Of course she does not want you to. Because if you do it means you will be taller and thus more attractive to women increasing the chance of you leaving her for someone hotter.

How would you be a better partner? If she's saying no, you respecting her wish would mean more to her.

No, she will see it as a weakness. Woman does not want a man who confirms to her whims. A woman wants a man who will go his own way and don't pay attention to anything else.

Seriously dude, at 175cm, you are not short, far too young and LL doesn't come cheap.

He is short in Scandinavia, people are super tall there.

Honestly, OP, go for the surgery. Don't pay attention to gf, she is intimidated and she wants to see you as a man who takes action and not someone who will do whatever she says, especially in serious matters a man should make the judgement. Women respect men who decide on their own and not do what their wives or girlfriends want. Paradoxical, but life is full of paradoxes.

Another paradox of life is - the more you will do what society wants and expects you to do, the more you will be shat on. Everyone expects you to stay in your place and be a nice little man and not cause any trouble and just be thankful. Once you start saying - "F*** THIS, I WANT TO BE BETTER!" people around you get intimidated that you may surpass them and try to tell you you don't really need that thing.

It is basic psychology.
banned for trolling and abuse of forum signature

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 03:24:29 PM »

Wtf???? Just ignore this 6'2 is too short fella!! Serious non height related issues there imo!!
Scandidude, why are you even here. Even if you were to do LL, you don't even have the money yet. Just go and enjoy life with your very sensible and I'm sure attractive (as most Scandinavian girls are) gf. Don't be wasting another minute of your time here

Johnson1111

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »

Wtf???? Just ignore this 6'2 is too short fella!! Serious non height related issues there imo!!
Scandidude, why are you even here. Even if you were to do LL, you don't even have the money yet. Just go and enjoy life with your very sensible and I'm sure attractive (as most Scandinavian girls are) gf. Don't be wasting another minute of your time here

I agree.

Only homosxxuals and people with severe hyper focus and autism towards looks and the made up SMV are constantly worried about how they look in groups amongst other guys. You are mostly fine at 5'9" to lead a normal life and if you decide to do LL you will be yes around 6 feet but you still will not be "ideal" and you will have limited athletic ability for life and a dented wallet and time you'll never get back.

However at 5'9" I can say it's justified if you wanna go that LL route. 5'9" just isn't what it used to be. It's fine overall but I can understand the neurosis.

scandidude

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 06:37:50 PM »

6feet2istooshort: I just view relationships and certainly women very differently.... So emh

Thank you. I'm still lurking, but ultimately I'd probably never end up doing LL. Many of you guys are right 1,75 isn't terrible, I think the issues is within me, so I'll work towards fixing that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for your input! It's much appreciated.

ramaka

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 07:51:03 PM »

Bro honestly it’s a personal choice people only give their opinion but that’s it I agree 5’9 isn’t bad but it’s not particularly great either.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »

Scandidude, last comment. Height isn't everything. A 5'9 guy with a great face and body is far more appealing than a lesser looking lanky 6'2 or 6'4 guy.
Work on your body, go to gym. If it's something about your appearance that is affecting your self confidence, like maybe your nose or your teeth (just using those as examples) that is so much easier and cheaper to fix than LL! And a great smile always goes a long way.
All the best friend. I truly hope you don't do LL. Keep your girl and keep her happy)   

MirinHeight

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »

Scandidude, last comment. Height isn't everything. A 5'9 guy with a great face and body is far more appealing than a lesser looking lanky 6'2 or 6'4 guy.
Work on your body, go to gym. If it's something about your appearance that is affecting your self confidence, like maybe your nose or your teeth (just using those as examples) that is so much easier and cheaper to fix than LL! And a great smile always goes a long way.
All the best friend. I truly hope you don't do LL. Keep your girl and keep her happy)

if all that is true, why did you do LL to get to 6' from 5'8
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »

I was just under the cut off point. If I was 5'9, maybe I'd have felt differently. Also, different circumstances to Scandidude. I was 29 with no significant other in my life. I had the money.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up