Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Small LLD correction with Dr. Rozbruch  (Read 14693 times)

Tiger9898

Re: Small LLD correction with Dr. Rozbruch
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2018, 08:15:44 AM »

How to upload a photo ? i tried and it did not work.
You can upload the photo to imgur.com, then share the link here
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

MirinHeight

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »

MirinHeight,

yes it is covered but not 100%, they covered around 80% in my case.

do u use full lift insole, external shoe modification or u r fine without any correction ? I always use full lift because just adding a heel lift does not give me the balance i want.

hey man can you give me specifics of how much total you paid out of pocket
and which insurance you have
I want to get my valgus deformity corrected by Dr. Rozbruch and want to know around the price range it costs to get operated at HSS with Dr. R for noncosmetic procedures.
Thanks!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Hamza

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 05:51:55 AM »

You can upload the photo to imgur.com, then share the link here

Scars Photo after approx. 2 months:

https://imgur.com/a/QkKh9Jl

Hamza

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 05:55:22 AM »

hey man can you give me specifics of how much total you paid out of pocket
and which insurance you have
I want to get my valgus deformity corrected by Dr. Rozbruch and want to know around the price range it costs to get operated at HSS with Dr. R for noncosmetic procedures.
Thanks!

Hello,

I do not see it ethical to give information about surgery cost in public but if u want leave me ur phone number in a private message and i will surely call u back and give u all the details u want.

MirinHeight

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »

Hello,

I do not see it ethical to give information about surgery cost in public but if u want leave me ur phone number in a private message and i will surely call u back and give u all the details u want.

will message you.
also, have you been cleared to weight bear yet, and if not do you know the time frame where you will be cleared ?

Hamza

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 05:12:52 AM »

will message you.
also, have you been cleared to weight bear yet, and if not do you know the time frame where you will be cleared ?

Check this video for Dr. Rozbruch, It will answer many of ur questions:

You need 2 months to leave the crutches, you have to start the count after the last lengthening day. I will leave the crutches on the 1st of November 2018. For the cost details i will answer your private message.

Hamza

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2018, 06:10:19 AM »

I started my third week after consolidation phase, doing physio therapy 3 times per week but still have pain in thigh muscle when trying to walk normally. The doctor said that i need 4 more weeks to be pain free.

shortykon

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2018, 03:51:46 AM »

Thank you for the update Hamza. Hope the best for you!

J.dolan11

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2018, 12:15:20 AM »

Hi,

I had the precice surgery (precice 2) to correct a 21mm LLD (short right leg) on November 15th.  Surgery has gone well overall but I do have pain around the osteotomy site when moving my leg (getting out of bed, lifting my leg, etc).  Do you experience this?

Also, when were you able to to a straight leg raise?

Hamza

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »

Hi,

I had the precice surgery (precice 2) to correct a 21mm LLD (short right leg) on November 15th.  Surgery has gone well overall but I do have pain around the osteotomy site when moving my leg (getting out of bed, lifting my leg, etc).  Do you experience this?

Also, when were you able to to a straight leg raise?

Hello,

I have passed three months post consolidation phase. Yes I am still having same pain and the DR said that this will last for few weeks (his answer was 2 days ago). This is the first week that i become able to do a straight leg raise.

Have u done femur lengthening or tibia ? 21 mm is in femur, tibia or both ?

J.dolan11

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »

I did my right femur, ~21mm.  Started consolidation phase on 12/18 - should be 4-5 weeks until I'm weight bearing again.

My pain has gone down overall.  I can get out of bed.  Currently working on flexibility and quad strength.

What stretches work for you for your IT band?

MirinHeight

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 08:46:48 PM »

Hello,

I have passed three months post consolidation phase. Yes I am still having same pain and the DR said that this will last for few weeks (his answer was 2 days ago). This is the first week that i become able to do a straight leg raise.

Have u done femur lengthening or tibia ? 21 mm is in femur, tibia or both ?

when were you cleared to walk and how has your gait been

Hamza

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »

when were you cleared to walk and how has your gait been

Cleared to walk approx from 5 weeks, i still have pain in thigh muscle when walking and i am still limping and all my friends can notice that. don t know if limping is from thigh pain and needs a lot of time or it will be a permanent result from the surgery itself. I need to give it more time to judge.

Hamza

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »

I did my right femur, ~21mm.  Started consolidation phase on 12/18 - should be 4-5 weeks until I'm weight bearing again.

My pain has gone down overall.  I can get out of bed.  Currently working on flexibility and quad strength.

What stretches work for you for your IT band?

some of the IT band stretches that I found on youtube

Hamza

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 06:05:16 AM »

Its been like 4 months in the consolidation phase and the bone is not fully healed yet. Dr said that I have a delay in bone healing. anyone experienced that ?

myloginacc

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2019, 08:49:13 PM »

Hamza, did Dr. Rozbruch recommend internal fixators over externals for correcting the LLD?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Hamza

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2019, 12:33:29 PM »

Hamza, did Dr. Rozbruch recommend internal fixators over externals for correcting the LLD?

Yes, just had small LLD and external is not comfortable for the patient and has more possibility of infections.

I will reach 7 months in consolidation phase, bone is almost healed but still have pain in thigh and weakness in knee.

I corrected the 9 mm from femur (while i have it in tibia) because Dr recommended to go for femur lengthening because its easier. It was much better and more comfortable to lengthen the tibia instead because i feel one of my knee is shorter and its is not very comfortable while walking long steps. I really wish he recommended to go from tibia lengthening but that's what happened.

Hamza

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2019, 01:09:37 PM »

Yes, I think that doing 0.5-0.6mm femur LL will be better than having equal length of legs but with 1cm added to your femur.
I would equal my femurs (or tibias) and would leave about 0.5cm shorter the other segment.
I think that it will be better. But I am not 100% sure. But even what Rozbruch says will be better than now, thats for sure.

U were right, after correcting it all from femur i didnt get the expected result as when i was putting 0.5 mm insole my walk was much better and more comfortable. Now i feel my right knee is shorter than my left knew as i lengthened the 10 mm from femur. Dr said wait until ur muscles are strengthened and u ll not feel what u r  feeling now. any idea if this problem persist what shall i do ? the precice nail 2 is still in my femur so is it easy to shorten 5 mm ? please advise

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 02:40:41 PM »

You have one of the best doctors in the world. I would say to listen to him.
Go for it

Hamza

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »

You have one of the best doctors in the world. I would say to listen to him.
I know. I will not decide anything until i reach 1 year then i can assess the results and weather it was really better to go from tibia instead of femur

Hamza

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2019, 09:30:10 AM »

I would like to share the details that i have passed through after 10 months post surgery.

I am an international patient. I have a small LLD. I came to Dr Rozbruch & i did an xray & it showed 9 mm difference as follow (1 in femur, 2 in tibia, 6 in ankle resulted from an old surgery). I wanted to get rid of putting insole.

Dr recommended to do the surgery from femur as it is easier & it was done (Precice Nail 2) in August 2018 at HSS. I asked to correct 7 mm only because i was putting 7 mm insole & i was able to do sports perfectly with it.

After 3 months Dr allowed me to leave crutches & start walking. after that i started feeling the nail is going down & i started putting 2 mm and gradually reached 7 mm insole again so did not get any correction.

I came to Dr Rozbruch for re-evaluation last week after 10 months post surgery. A new xray was done for me by the Dr & the measurements was totally different than the measurements done by him before surgery. New xray showed 10 mm of LLD as follow (9mm in femur! & this was 1mm before femur lengthening!!, 1 mm in tibia, & ankle was not measured so surely there is something also resulted from old surgery in ankle).

Note that my bone is not fully healed due to nail instability according to many Dr s i have visited in my country & this is logical as nail is dropping month after month & u can see that in the nail space  for measurements is 90% less comparing to the xray done directly after the surgery.

Is it correct & acceptable for the patient to come with 9 mm difference between legs and end up with 10 mm difference after the correction surgery !?

I said OK after this illogical measurements & asked about solution !
The solution was to take out the nail & put solid nail and cut again the femur and lengthen 10 mm & pay another full 85 000$ for correction as Dr Rozbruch is not responsible of the nail failure nor for the huge difference in the xray measurements before and after the surgery.

Is that a professional work ? is that ethical ?

I decided to go for surgery with Dr Rozbruch as i saw that he has good reviews & I believed he is a top notch Dr in this field. This was the worst experience with a Dr in my life as i spent 85 000$ for my safety & professionalism.

I started with 9 mm difference and ending with 10 !! & 1 mm was picked up in femur before surgery & 9 mm is picked up in femur after the surgery add to that that i have to pay another 85 000$ for correction and Dr is not responsible for anything !!

All what i can do is to write what exactly happened with me & i have the whole documents of what I am saying.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2019, 10:35:30 AM »

I would like to share the details that i have passed through after 10 months post surgery.

I am an international patient. I have a small LLD. I came to Dr Rozbruch & i did an xray & it showed 9 mm difference as follow (1 in femur, 2 in tibia, 6 in ankle resulted from an old surgery). I wanted to get rid of putting insole.

Dr recommended to do the surgery from femur as it is easier & it was done (Precice Nail 2) in August 2018 at HSS. I asked to correct 7 mm only because i was putting 7 mm insole & i was able to do sports perfectly with it.

After 3 months Dr allowed me to leave crutches & start walking. after that i started feeling the nail is going down & i started putting 2 mm and gradually reached 7 mm insole again so did not get any correction.

I came to Dr Rozbruch for re-evaluation last week after 10 months post surgery. A new xray was done for me by the Dr & the measurements was totally different than the measurements done by him before surgery. New xray showed 10 mm of LLD as follow (9mm in femur! & this was 1mm before femur lengthening!!, 1 mm in tibia, & ankle was not measured so surely there is something also resulted from old surgery in ankle).

Note that my bone is not fully healed due to nail instability according to many Dr s i have visited in my country & this is logical as nail is dropping month after month & u can see that in the nail space  for measurements is 90% less comparing to the xray done directly after the surgery.

Is it correct & acceptable for the patient to come with 9 mm difference between legs and end up with 10 mm difference after the correction surgery !?

I said OK after this illogical measurements & asked about solution !
The solution was to take out the nail & put solid nail and cut again the femur and lengthen 10 mm & pay another full 85 000$ for correction as Dr Rozbruch is not responsible of the nail failure nor for the huge difference in the xray measurements before and after the surgery.

Is that a professional work ? is that ethical ?

I decided to go for surgery with Dr Rozbruch as i saw that he has good reviews & I believed he is a top notch Dr in this field. This was the worst experience with a Dr in my life as i spent 85 000$ for my safety & professionalism.

I started with 9 mm difference and ending with 10 !! & 1 mm was picked up in femur before surgery & 9 mm is picked up in femur after the surgery add to that that i have to pay another 85 000$ for correction and Dr is not responsible for anything !!

All what i can do is to write what exactly happened with me & i have the whole documents of what I am saying.

Hi .. Hamza, I'm sorry to hear ... that you have encountered problems....  Please can you clarify if you had a defective nail ...?

Thatdude950

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »

Jesus Christ. Why would limb lengthening be the solution for such a small discrepancy? Why not just continue wearing insoles? Stretches for your backpain? Whoever referred you to this doctor is a crook, and the doctor is a crook too.

The amount of unnessecary surgery being performed in the West is gross. Good luck with your issues. I'd think about legal action. This is basically insurance fraud. In what world is leg lengthening needed for less than 1cm? Far out

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2019, 11:04:11 AM »

If the nail was defective...? Then the nail manufacturer should be responsible for some of the costs
This is totally unacceptable... for a private patient to pay additional costs ... when the manufacturer failed on there product

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »

Jesus Christ. Why would limb lengthening be the solution for such a small discrepancy? Why not wear an insole or something? Stretches for your backpain? Whoever referred you to this doctor is a crook, and the doctor is a crook too.

The amount of unnessecary surgery being performed in the West is gross. Good luck with your issues.

Ummmm.. The doctor is not a crook... complications happen... it looks like the manufacturer nail malfunctioned

Thatdude950

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

85k and months of recovery to "fix" a less than 1cm discrepancy. How many non LL doctors out of 100 would reccomend this approach?

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »

85k and months of recovery to "fix" a less than 1cm discrepancy. How many non LL doctors out of 100 would reccomend this approach?

..... leg lengthening is a very expensive business... there are no guarantees is this World ... most  doctors... have disclaimers ... so you know in black and white ... before you agree with the any surgery.. procedures ..

ok

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2019, 04:43:19 PM »

Yes it's very strange that LL was advised for just 1cm discrepancy. And I didn't understand what went wrong after lengthening. Did you walk on that leg and it got compressed back?

Also if you were an international patient how could you claim insurance?

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2019, 06:00:09 PM »

It looks like a faulty nail ...

Hamza

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:21 AM »

If the nail was defective...? Then the nail manufacturer should be responsible for some of the costs
This is totally unacceptable... for a private patient to pay additional costs ... when the manufacturer failed on there product

I have a mild Charcot Marie Tooth disease (CMT1A) which gives me imbalance that's why i am very sensitive and a small LLD make imbalance for me. Maybe a patient with no CMT will not notice a 9 mm difference (note: According to a Dr Bertz that i visited in Germany lately he picked up 14 mm difference and not just 9 as Dr Rozbruch picked up before surgery. i ll explain that below).

I am walking now 90% normally but with 8 mm insole which stress the toes a lot in shoes and cannot be inserted in formal shoes. without inserting an insole i have weak balance and a small limp can easily noticed and for sure i can not run comfortably at all and if i do i ll got injured. I still cant run at the moment anyway.

Bone is not fully healed after 10 months because nail is dropping down and not stable.
I visited Dr. Betz after what happened with me and he made an xray and said u have 14 mm difference and not just 9 and it is as follow: 9 mm in femur and 2 mm in tibia and 3 mm due to the surgery that i have done in 2005 in ankle.

He said using an extremely expensive nail for this small amount is not a good choice at all. Solid nail like trauma nail was much better for making the femurs equal and lengthen just 9 mm in the operation room and u can full weight bear after the surgery and u ll not feel the rest of difference which is 5 mm as it will be a very small difference. He noted that keep putting insole is easier for me for sure unless i have a big back pain when running and want to get rid of the insole.

Now according to Dr Betz, the solution after non union or better to say after very long time of healing (because still healing in positive way) is to take out the defected nail and insert a solid trauma nail and cut the bone again and lengthen 9 mm in one shot in femur in the operation room and walking full weight bearing from day 1 after the surgery. He said ur bone will heal fast with solid nail and the problem is in the inserted nail and not in my callus formation. a lot of callus formation is there but most of them r still outside the gap due to nail instability or other issues with it.

I asked Dr Rozbruch after he told me come for re evaluation about a discount for correction or offering me a free nail because it is obvious from his xray after 10 months that something went wrong and the nail dropped and his measurments was not correct as he picked up 1 mm in femur before surgery and 9 mm after correction !! but he said u r an international patient and we can not do anything for u and u have to pay another 85000$ to correct with solid nail or stryde nail. Imagine how did I left his office after this irresponsibility.

add to that i want to mention another strange payment. i always pay 450$ for the xray and in the last visit they took from me 1200$ for the exactly same xray !! I paid directly and after that i asked the Dr why the amount is so high ? he started saying i can not control everything and u better ask HSS and he got mad!

I followed the internet reviews and some diaries here to choose Dr Rozbruch and I picked up the wrong choice.
I am planning to do the correction with Dr. Betz as the whole correction is approx for 20 000 euro and Dr Betz is very friendly and he went with me for the xray and he is not snob with his team like Rozbruch.

Hamza

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2019, 06:44:11 AM »

Now u know what was Dr. Rozbruch answer. is there a way for an international patient for getting nail refund or any refund ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up