Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uneven limb correction to left tibia Precice  (Read 776 times)

Greeneyez

• Visitor
Uneven limb correction to left tibia Precice
« on: August 18, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

I was looking to discuss with any other patients that may have had my similar procedure.

I was in an bad accident when I was a child, 5 years of age. At that time, I really don't think the doctors who performed my surgeries were educated on what was best for a young child still growing.

I was placed in a body case from my ankles to my hips (both legs) while one leg stop growing the other became longer. I think due to them not putting the broken bone back together and allowing my right leg to regenerate bone in the space left open.

35 years later, I suffer from right hip pain due to me walking with a limp and all the pressure being shifted to that side for all these years

Now, I have had my left tibia lengthen in hopes to match my right leg before a total hip replacement.
My surgery for my lengthen was in February 2018. @3.5cm It's now August and I cannot walk normal at all. With my right hip pain being an issue it does make exercising alittle more difficult for me.

I have read and seem other people say that they was walking in 6 months. Could it be because they are younger then I am? I know age is a big factor. Also, my calf muscle in my left leg is no longer the same size as the right. My legs were both at an health side before surgery. Has anyone regain the muscle back after lengthing their tibia to normal size with weights and exercising.

I am becoming depress due to the long process. Early July my x Ray showed some visitability of the bone regenerating but it's at a Very slow state.
I try to take my vitamins daily and I do put weight on my leg as much as possible. I currently use a cane to walk. I still have major stiffness, so I continue to put majority of my weight on my bad side.

I have read that the total process would be a year until fully recovered. My doctor did not tell me that and I thought it would be much sooner.

Has anyone experienced the lengthing of your leg now feels longer then the long leg you had previously. Now, when I stand in the mirror and balance myself on my left my right seems shorter!! Could that be from the muscle still being stiff and the screws in my ankle no yet relaxed? I have ask my doctor these questions but I have not received a solid answer. If you have had experience with any of these issues please reach back out. Thanks

Just wanted to say I am very thankful to be able to get my surgery done. It's hard to see whether this will improve my limp as of yet. My hopes are high and and looking forward to a new life, walking straight.

myloginacc

Re: Uneven limb correction to left tibia Precice
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:32:41 PM »

Honestly, recovery is extremely individual. There were people here who took 2-3 years to recover. However, for the vast majority it seems to not take longer than 1.5 year at most.

Wishing you a good recovery, and that this finally solves your hip pain problems.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Greeneyez

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »

Thanks

Greeneyez

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:47:32 PM »

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up