Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To all Dr Betz patients - did you get offered a proper vs a mini ITB release?  (Read 1148 times)

sixfootandhalf

I am a huge fan of Dr Betz. I am wondering whether he offered the full ITB release or a mini ITB release whereby you might need another one after lengthening is done?
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

Taller90

I had a soft release or like you said "mini" release. A full release is not recommended, if you use a weight bearing nail and want to walk from day one because it would be really hard to walk with a full released ITB and this would have disadvantaged for your recovery and the maximum possible length you would be able to do.

So, you can do a full release only, when you have a non-weight bearing nail like precise and forced to stay in a wheel chair but again than you would be limited to do 6-8 cm. You should consider this in your decision.

From 162.5cm to 174cm
Femur | Betzbone | 2022

My diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71436.0#top

RealLostSoul

I stated this before but I will say it again. Let me give you an example. My mate ozboy had a “radical” itband release while I just had the “soft” one. At 8cm he had slight wide legs and tight TFL, I have zero wise legs and very loose TFL. How come? I did vigorously stretch my ITband and TFL.

People think you can just ignore the abductor part (=Itband+tfl) of your legs but that’s not true. I was very scared about it band related issues before but I found out it’s actually one of the loosest things even at above 8cm.

I am glad I got the soft release and wouldn’t have want a different technique (it’s just a different technique of releasing).

Do this stretch (btw you can only do this if you can weightbear) and you will be perfect. I do it 45-60 min a day. (3-4 sessions. Twice of which I do while brushing my teeth)
https://imgur.com/a/eCvxk8Y

increase

I just don't understand why some Betz patients go to Giotikas to cut the ITB again.

RealLostSoul

I just don't understand why some Betz patients go to Giotikas to cut the ITB again.

In the past when Dr Betz was the surgeon and not Becker, he didn‘t cut the It band at all.

Nowadays, rarely anyone does it. Those that do ignore the contracture and refuse to stretch. If you don‘t stretch you can‘t lengthen anymore at a certain point it‘s that simple. You can‘t lie around do 8cm or even more and not do your exercise and say “I am fixing it afterwards”. That’s not going to work. Or at least for it band you will then need another surgery. Lordosis may disappear by itself.

I was the same sceptic before but once I did LL I truly understood how important the stretching is. I don’t have any superpowers or magic. I just do what I was told to do in the first PT sessions.

Oh and btw. You wrote me 18 messages asking the exact same thing. I explained you very detailed what this is all about etc. If you don’t believe me then just go with a different doctor. It is your choice not ours. I am not going to repeat what I already said.

increase

who said I'm asking you again?? I raised the issue in another user's post, there are patients going to Giotikas recently, operated by Becker. I can't say if he didn't stretch enough, but that's the point. Making the cut completely or not is still a big dilemma. You can win at first but what's the point if you have to do it again later? what is more advantageous, each must choose.

RealLostSoul

who said I'm asking you again?? I raised the issue in another user's post, there are patients going to Giotikas recently, operated by Becker. I can't say if he didn't stretch enough, but that's the point. Making the cut completely or not is still a big dilemma. You can win at first but what's the point if you have to do it again later? what is more advantageous, each must choose.

You literally asked me the same thing per message some time ago. I don’t have anything more to say. Just go with Paley man.

Those patients didn’t stretch like they were supposed to and I know of one who even refused to go to PT. My IT band is not something supernaturally different to theirs or anything. It’s about choices.

It’s pretty clear to me: want to gain minimal height with no effort (just lying around most of the time, no discipline to train)? Go with precice and get a strong Z cut in the It band. You can probably lengthen to 6-8cm like that but not far beyond that. Most likely just 6 or 7.
Want to train hard and focus all your time on this and most definitely gain more height compared to the no exercise method? Do mechanical weightbearing nail and and do the stretching 4h+ per day. With radical it band cut you would be instable for a month or two which would hinder your capability of stretching in the beginning.

SpeedDialer

deleted post

sixfootandhalf

i love your posts, thank you for the reply.

A lot of Betz patients are incredibly happy and very successful.

However, many tend to go to Goitikas for ITB release/full release. This is a trend for many, many people on here.

A full ITB release shouldn't really cause that level of disability. IMO and for the first week you aren't going to be lengthening and you can slow the rate for the first 1-3 weeks to avoid the severe stifness that can occur, and combine it with stretching.

Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

sixfootandhalf

I stated this before but I will say it again. Let me give you an example. My mate ozboy had a “radical” itband release while I just had the “soft” one. At 8cm he had slight wide legs and tight TFL, I have zero wise legs and very loose TFL. How come? I did vigorously stretch my ITband and TFL.

People think you can just ignore the abductor part (=Itband+tfl) of your legs but that’s not true. I was very scared about it band related issues before but I found out it’s actually one of the loosest things even at above 8cm.

I am glad I got the soft release and wouldn’t have want a different technique (it’s just a different technique of releasing).

Do this stretch (btw you can only do this if you can weightbear) and you will be perfect. I do it 45-60 min a day. (3-4 sessions. Twice of which I do while brushing my teeth)
https://imgur.com/a/eCvxk8Y

I've gone through others who vigorously stretched:

Leonazul
Sir stretch a lot
RB

And about eight other femoral lengthening diaries.

I've watched and read from paley, Goitikas et L

Their unanimous verdict is that they had wide legs even 3-4cm.despite stretching, that is was a massive hindrance, that they all had quick recoveries and their major issues caused by ITB significantly reduced post ITB release.

The aforementioned surgeons perform it on all patients or most lengthening their femurs.

There's no feasible way I would perform this without a proper ITB release.

RealLostSoul

I've gone through others who vigorously stretched:

Leonazul
Sir stretch a lot
RB

And about eight other femoral lengthening diaries.

I've watched and read from paley, Goitikas et L

Their unanimous verdict is that they had wide legs even 3-4cm.despite stretching, that is was a massive hindrance, that they all had quick recoveries and their major issues caused by ITB significantly reduced post ITB release.

The aforementioned surgeons perform it on all patients or most lengthening their femurs.

There's no feasible way I would perform this without a proper ITB release.

Why does it take you 2 months to respond? And you are saying the same stuff over and over kinda crazy. I won’t repeat myself read my other posts.

Leonazul didn’t stretch did you even read his diary?

If you don’t plan on stretching don’t do it. Tbh you don’t seem like a good LL candidate anyways no offence though.

informationispower

Why does it take you 2 months to respond? And you are saying the same stuff over and over kinda crazy. I won’t repeat myself read my other posts.

If you don’t plan on stretching don’t do it. Tbh you don’t seem like a good LL candidate anyways no offence though.

It jas been months that this guy is repeating the same stuff about ITB release. Like an obssession...

hippo60

Dude that's Captain IT band, he's going to keep asking and talking about IT band for the rest of his life. There is nothing we can do 💀

sixfootandhalf

Listen guys you have a point.

Rather than me just posting accounts of peoples stories and expert views ,I need to do focus on quality and not just quantity.

I'm going to stop pressing this issue in the way I am.

Instead, I'm going to consult with several of the top surgeons, orthopedic surgeon friends I have, and compile and maybe get detailed interviews of a ten or more femorL lengthening patients , and perhaps just put all of this research into one thread.

I'll be getting a full ITB release prior. The evidence is unanimous in my eyes, but to benefit the rest of users here, il focus on one highly researched quality thread.

short but sweet

the maximum possible length you would be able to do
could you explain this to me , how releasing the ITB will hinder you from maximum lengthening ?

theoretically it should make it easier , since there is no tightness/wide legs/duck ass/pain , so the patient can keep on lengthening/stretching/sleeping comfortably, leading to a faster ambulation and recovery
Pages: [1]   Go Up