Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast and cheap? veterans please help!  (Read 797 times)

Shortsoldier

• Visitor
Fast and cheap? veterans please help!
« on: September 14, 2018, 03:13:29 PM »

Alright vets, get ready for a cringe post, I'm sorry for having to ask but I'd imagine I'm not the only one new to the site who has wondered the same thing. I've dabbled with trying to learn more on my own of a fast and cheap way to gain 3 inches, with thoughts of going even higher. To someone who has done this surgery or at least knows more then the average height dysphoric, this is laughable. I could only imagine how dangerous it would be, and that's prevented me from asking such a question. However the more I thought about it, I figured there's others out there who are serious about doing something about their height, but dont have the time or the money to take a year long commitment or the funds for a heavy 5 to light 6 figure payment. Farthest I have skimmed the forums might be able to tell the internal nail brings down consolidation time and leaves no visible signs of having had a surgery, and cheap means flying overseas to countries like Russia or Vietnam. So, speaking on mostly my half but anyone who would like to know, what's the fastest and most affordable way to go about limb lengthening, if it even exists. If that is a silly and unsafe question, please enlighten the members on the dangers.

There's an old saying about a triangle of service, there's fast, cheap, and good. You can only pick two. Now the question is, which two?
Current Height: 169 cm
Height Goal: 180 cm

~ALL ADVICE HELPS~

• Visitor
Re: Fast and cheap? veterans please help!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »

Don’t go to Vietnam , I was one of there patient and I can tell you that there are everything but not professional, I will wrote a diary soon to explain all of that what is sure is that if you want the safety go to Russia it will must be better

MissLuna

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »

If you search for Russia you might find negative opinions as well.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »

fast and good is Stryde
Look up for Stryde

No “fast and cheap”
No “cheap and good”
You may end up lots complications
 if you seek cheap options and will end up more expensive at last
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

cheekycabs

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »

fast and good is Stryde
Look up for Stryde

No “fast and cheap”
No “cheap and good”
You may end up lots complications
 if you seek cheap options and will end up more expensive at last

Not necessarily true, plenty of positive reports of External Ilizarov, but it takes a long, long time. If you have time to spare, then it's a good option. Or, if you can work without walking (ie. freelancer or online) it's a good option as well. But also, it's painful as fck and inconvenient. But it is almost 10x as cheap as stryde.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

legpatient

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »

Fast and cheap doesn't exist.

Ascending

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »

I think fast doesn't really exist.  Even with Stryde you still need the nail in place until sometime after consolidation is complete - which will be about a year or more depending upon consolidation rate.  This is comparable to external methods.  However, with internal methods the inconvenience of not removing the apparatus is minimal whereas with external it is comparatively much more inconvenient and has the added risk of pin site infections.  It is also true that the lengthening itself can be faster with internal methods.  This is because with external methods, there is soft tissue lengthening resistance created by the pins - the main reason it is not popular for femur lengthening.

The external methods are cheaper because the surgery is less complex, and the lengthening apparatus is re-usable - just the pins need to be new.  The cheapness is not a reflection on quality - though in the case of femur lengthening the resistance caused by pins will make lengthening more painful, with more complications and less length achieved.  For Tibia lengthening external methods really do have great advantages and are considerably cheaper.

Cheap and Good is definitely available for Tibia lengthening.

More details can be found here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9265.msg95560#msg95560

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 07:31:03 PM »

Don’t go to Vietnam , I was one of there patient and I can tell you that there are everything but not professional, I will wrote a diary soon to explain all of that what is sure is that if you want the safety go to Russia it will must be better
I am talking about Hanoi than for other place in Vietnam I don’t know but private center in vietnam
Are much better than public one

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 07:32:12 PM »

K

Sara123

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »

I think fast doesn't really exist.  Even with Stryde you still need the nail in place until sometime after consolidation is complete - which will be about a year or more depending upon consolidation rate.  This is comparable to external methods.  However, with internal methods the inconvenience of not removing the apparatus is minimal whereas with external it is comparatively much more inconvenient and has the added risk of pin site infections.  It is also true that the lengthening itself can be faster with internal methods.  This is because with external methods, there is soft tissue lengthening resistance created by the pins - the main reason it is not popular for femur lengthening.

The external methods are cheaper because the surgery is less complex, and the lengthening apparatus is re-usable - just the pins need to be new.  The cheapness is not a reflection on quality - though in the case of femur lengthening the resistance caused by pins will make lengthening more painful, with more complications and less length achieved.  For Tibia lengthening external methods really do have great advantages and are considerably cheaper.

Cheap and Good is definitely available for Tibia lengthening.

More details can be found here http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9265.msg95560#msg95560

You seem to be remarkably well informed. Quite impressive. But you did say previously you have read a lot of diaries. May I ask what are pin site infections? What do you mean  by "pin site"? Thanks.

Sara123

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:12 PM »

I am reading this:

https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information-0/procedures-and-treatments/pin-site-cleaning

So now I see that it's where the wires enter the skin into the bone.

Sara123

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 08:43:14 PM »

Interestingly I don't find the lliarov apparatus medieval looking at all. When I look at it, it looks just like a normal medical device. I'm not even scared of it except for the excruciating pains. What scares me is what is going on inside. It's the idea that a healthy bone gets cut. It's the inside that scares not what I see on the outside hence internal methods would also scare me, it's still a large healthy bone being cut.

I think it's best not to think too deeply about the procedure and to know exactly what happens during the operation. If we think about it, this is the same for any procedure. If you say I'm going to get this done or that done, if you start seeing a detailed description of how it's done and what in your body gets cut, it's going to be scary. So best to think as the procedure as a whole thing rather than dissecting it bit by bit.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 11:53:23 PM by Sara123 »

James

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »

Looking forward to fast and cheap options

Ascending

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »

I am reading this:

https://www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information-0/procedures-and-treatments/pin-site-cleaning

So now I see that it's where the wires enter the skin into the bone.
Yes that's correct.  Pin site infections can prevented.  Getting the pin sites wet - for example during a shower increases the risk if they are not cleaned and dried after the shower.  Some dudes took the extreme approach of not showering throughout lengthening!  It is not necessary to go that far.  In any case a pin site infection can be treated quite easily with antibiotics.

legpatient

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »

Vietnam doesn't sound good. We're waiting for your diary. Keep strong
Pages: [1]   Go Up