Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with people and getting this done  (Read 3495 times)

TallerDream

dealing with people and getting this done
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:27:02 AM »

Hello again guys,
For those that accompanied my previous disturbing thread, I am back in the forum again. Evidently, I suffer from severe depression and I have height dysphoria too and I have been discussing it with my therapist. I know LL is not a joke and has to be taken seriously, after all, it can be life-changing either for the better or the worse. Although getting rid of my mental illness tops all my priorities and that getting taller would not be the solution to all my problems It sure as hell would be such a relief for myself. I have been carrying this burden of feeling short for so long and it is so debilitating mentally, it literally soaks all my energy and motivation to invest in my life pursuits. Honestly, I do not think I will ever be truly happy at this stature, I am just not happy with it. I don't feel manly at all, my legs are short as well as my arms, hands and feet. Statistically, my height falls on the average range but I see a lot more often white guys more or less my age taller than the other way around.
This is why even considering all the risks I would like to get this done, I don't care if I may put my ability to walk or whatever in jeopardy, the only thing I know is that if I could reach a better height I would feel a lot better about myself and raise my confidence to deal with life. At least 8cm on my femurs to reach 182/183, I would like to lengthen. I have tiny proportions for a grown man, I guess I was spoiled by some bad gene or something. My wingspan is 175cm on the dot but my arm length is quite short, only 70-72cm from my armpit to the extremity of my middle finger, thanks to my broad shoulders from several years lifting weights I can at least match my own height or perhaps a bit more, I am like 172,5 in the evening, 174 in the morning or 174,5. my legs are quite short, I am only 99cm from the ground to my bellybutton so fortunately I was blessed with a relatively long torso. My hands are small too, I have small fingers and nails and it is embarrassing as fk, my hand length is 7 inches only lol. My feet although small not abruptly so, a modest size 42 European.
I am worried my proportions cannot handle my desired height increment and I will look like a t-rex or something I would really appreciate some advice. I had a talk with my mom about it once and she thought this is crazy and unheard of, which is.. it isn't mainstream yet and probably never will. Nevertheless, I confessed to her that it's been a long time I've been suffering from this and then she told me the usual lose weight, proper grooming blablabla bull  to give the illusion I am taller than I really am. I asked her what she thought about me doing it and she replied nothing more nothing less than that i'm immature to even consider something like this. I gave the silly me laugh but my heart ached inside. Well, at the end of the day I am not expecting my parents to support me with this that's why I would never include them on my plans let alone asking for money to do this. I just want to know how all of you deal with your parents and siblings because it can be a struggle.
I am 22 and only recently I have started working and have barely saved any money yet. I want to do STRYDE on my femurs with Paley (I mean who the hell doesn't) but it's too expensive it would take me to many years to save that kind of money. Is there any cheaper viable alternative?
Of course I am not expecting to do internal femurs with 20k but 100k seems too much for one segment alone, something in between those two figures would be more doable.

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
Re: dealing with people and getting this done
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »

You have a few options in Europe in between those 2 figures. Internal obviously.  You are around my height pre-LL and I can totally relate to what you've written.

tallertree

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »

You are still young and have a normal height. If i was you i would see LL as a long term investment, start saving money now and meanwhile try to live life normally considering you were blessed with normal height. In a few years when you have the money you will still be young and LL might even be more safe.

I just finished my LL, im over 25 and my new height is 170. It feels great!

Sanity

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 03:53:38 PM »

you can get external tibias done which will be much cheaper. about 10-20k in india with a good surgeon. p.s longer tibias look sexier.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

LongueEpopée

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »

I would recommend you to save a little more (in the figures you mentioned) and do the procedure in 1-2 years in Europe or anywhere else with Stryde (fémurs)

TallerDream

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »

You have a few options in Europe in between those 2 figures. Internal obviously.  You are around my height pre-LL and I can totally relate to what you've written.

What options would that be? And for how much roughly?
I thought about operating on my tibias first... longer tibias look more attractive to the eye and with externals it is much cheaper. I want to be taller now or within the next few years.. not in a decade when my early adulthood would be soon to cease.

TallerDream

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »

you can get external tibias done which will be much cheaper. about 10-20k in india with a good surgeon. p.s longer tibias look sxxier.

You are right... however going so far away and be bed ridden for months at some dirty hospital in India doesn’t sound like a good idea...

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »

Measure your own wingspan.Considering that this operation was invented by a Russian doctor. Russia has good external experience. And they are cheaper. Find a reliable Russian doctor.Do not try more than 6cm in the tibia.Don't go to Vietnam and India.

Sanity

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »

go to china which is better than india and russia. bed ridden u will be no matter wat. if u can pay huge money then to paley and do internals (he doenst do externals i guess, less money in it for him)

TallerDream

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 06:30:40 PM »

Measure your own wingspan.Considering that this operation was invented by a Russian doctor. Russia has good external experience. And they are cheaper. Find a reliable Russian doctor.Do not try more than 6cm in the tibia.Don't go to Vietnam and India.

I already mentioned on my original post that my wingspan is 175cm.
It’s concerning because if I lengthen I’ll go above it and damage my proportions a bit.
But honestly my shoulders are really broad they’re 62cm in length, that is a lot.
At my current height I look like a small tank but if I get taller my broad shoulders will look really manly and aesthetic.
I have used lifts before that although uncomfortable brought me to 183cm and I liked very much the way I looked.
It’s just mind blowing how a few centimetres can make you look completely different.
My arms are short as well as my hands and I am worried but I’ll take my chances anyhow because I wanna be taller, period.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 07:02:23 PM »

I already mentioned on my original post that my wingspan is 175cm.
It’s concerning because if I lengthen I’ll go above it and damage my proportions a bit.
But honestly my shoulders are really broad they’re 62cm in length, that is a lot.
At my current height I look like a small tank but if I get taller my broad shoulders will look really manly and aesthetic.
I have used lifts before that although uncomfortable brought me to 183cm and I liked very much the way I looked.
It’s just mind blowing how a few centimetres can make you look completely different.
My arms are short as well as my hands and I am worried but I’ll take my chances anyhow because I wanna be taller, period.

There is no way your shoulders are 62cm from one end to another.
I learned some stuff during this time

TallerDream

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 07:13:50 PM »

There is no way your shoulders are 62cm from one end to another.

Sorry I meant 52 not 62, my bad. Nevertheless, quite broad

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 07:30:24 PM »

you should just post a pic of you with underwear in the proportion section
I learned some stuff during this time

TallerDream

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 04:45:32 AM »

ok, I'll try to do that.
In the meantime, I'll leave here my measurements.
Wingspan - 175cm
Inseam - 77cm
Sitting height - 98cm
Shoulder width - 27cm from one end to my inner chest x 2 = 54cm
Arm length - 68cm
Forearm length - 27cm (elbow to wrist)
Tibia length - 50cm
Femur length - 27cm

my tibias and femurs are tiny.. when I sit on a table with other people I am actually the same height as other much taller guys in the 6'-6'5 range hence why I think I can be a great candidate for this surgery. What concerns me is my arms, they're kinda short making my wingspan short despite my shoulder width so idk if I could handle 3-5 inch lengthening.

Femurs with Paley with the STRYDE nail is definitely the best out there nowadays but to save that kind of money is gonna take several years.
I'm trying to get in the investment banking scene here in London and right now I might even invest another 20-40k in a masters degree to lift up my chances... Let's say I achieved so, I reckon in a couple of years or 3 years I could save 100k pounds and with STRYDE the scarring is minimal and I can resume my life a lot sooner.

On the other hand, doing tibias with externals in Russia for 20k seems quite tempting but being bedridden for several months, can you imagine how hard it can be to put your whole life on hold for that long and the toll it can take mentally? Beyond that, thrashing my legs with lots of scars sounds like a big downside but maybe it is my best chance right now because I don't think I can afford internals on both segments and externals is seemingly the best method to lengthen the tibias
My ultimate goal is to lengthen both segments, 8cm on my femurs and 5-6cm on my tibias reaching 188/189. I could be 190 wearing shoes...
In the hypothesis I lengthened 14cm my inseam would raise to 91cm.. still less than my sitting height so I wouldn't look lanky would I?
Just a thought... I'm open to criticism

Sanity

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 05:57:16 AM »

internal on tibia is not wise. smaller bones and digging into them can lead life long problems. externals is the best method imo for tibias and internal for femurs.

6'2_dream

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 02:12:40 PM »

tallerdream
Are you sure your measurement is correct?
Length of the tibia - 50cm
Length of the femur - 27cm
I have 42cm of tibia its is gigantic and the average length of femur is 40 to 50cm your te 27 cm ?? something is wrong
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

TallerDream

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »

tallerdream
Are you sure your measurement is correct?
Length of the tibia - 50cm
Length of the femur - 27cm
I have 42cm of tibia its is gigantic and the average length of femur is 40 to 50cm your te 27 cm ?? something is wrong

I measured my tibia from the ground to the top of my knee and my femur from there to the end of my inner quad touching my genitals. I’ll try to measure again, but I’m pretty sure my Inseam measurement is accurate

Tiger9898

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

I measured my tibia from the ground to the top of my knee and my femur from there to the end of my inner quad touching my genitals. I’ll try to measure again, but I’m pretty sure my Inseam measurement is accurate
You measure it absolutely in a wrong way. You should not measure your tibia from the ground. Search some tutorial video on youtube ,but bear in mind that your own measurement will  not be accurate as well. You should get your x-ray done
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
172 and you want more?
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 06:21:49 AM »

I am like 172,5 in the evening, 174 in the morning or 174,5

Dude. Count your blessings. I became 172 after quadrilateral lengthening. You're of average height. Unless you choose to live in Denmark, people won't regard you as short. Use that money to optimize other parts of your life first.
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Sanity

Re: 172 and you want more?
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 08:56:48 AM »

Dude. Count your blessings. I became 172 after quadrilateral lengthening. You're of average height. Unless you choose to live in Denmark, people won't regard you as short. Use that money to optimize other parts of your life first.
172 is slightly below average. average in very few countries. he has the right if he chooses.

ThatGuy

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

He can do w/e he wants its his body, but that doesn't change the the fact that 175cm is barely below average and it matches with his wingspan. In shoes hes pretty much 5'10, I can't blame him for wanting to reach 6'+ tho. OP, if you don't have a problem with having a negative ape index go for it.

Sanity

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 07:56:19 PM »

He can do w/e he wants its his body, but that doesn't change the the fact that 175cm is barely below average and it matches with his wingspan. In shoes hes pretty much 5'10, I can't blame him for wanting to reach 6'+ tho. OP, if you don't have a problem with having a negative ape index go for it.

" Height - 171cm/5'7.3
Wingspan - 183cm+/6'-6'1
Goal - Height - 183-185cm/ 6'-6'1
         Arms - 190cm/ 6'3 "

I hope ur not planning that in 1 surgery. altho totally possible but going beyond 7cm is not sane.

ThatGuy

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 12:27:19 AM »

Ofc not, I'll do both segments. I'd like to be able to continue lifting after this. Most likely it'll be 12-14cm* split between tibias and femurs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:22:20 AM by ThatGuy »

TallerDream

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 01:21:51 AM »

guys I get it, 5'9 is not that bad but it's a height I don't really sustain for long so I'd say I'm more like 5'8 during the day, 5'9 wearing shoes..
I am not happy with my height, I feel like a midget here in London..I compare my height with thousands of ppl everyday and I am rarely as tall as a white man, they're all taller like 90%.. I am as tall as many asians though. I had to endure 3yrs at university living in halls with 6'0+ brahs and I was among the shortest. I noticed these guys had no style whatsoever, bad looking faces but were pussy magnetizers solely because of their height and a bit of social skill/charisma. Throughout my Youth and now my early adulthood, I feel I have several qualities girls like and feel attracted to such as my facial structure, my hair, my eyes, my intelligence, my sense of humour, my honesty, my future prospects... but I just feel this layer of unease and girls give me the eye something's wrong and I'm pretty sure it's my height, because it's the only thing I don't have as a plus. The sxxual prejudice is real.. and so is in other aspects of life.So the point is, do I have to live an entire life of discontent revolving my stature? I don't think so... will my proportions be negatively affected? Most definitely. Put I can cope with that.. with this hindrance not letting me live my life to the fullest and not letting me feel good about myself, I can't. I just can't.. I am not even trying to justify undergoing this surgery because at the end of the day we'll do whatever the fk our minds tell us to. Gathering the money to do this and being bedridden for months won't be a walk in the park... but I can handle it.. I just wish I could taller today, not tomorrow

ThatGuy

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 02:37:25 AM »

I know that feel, but its all in your head the average in the UK is not 6'0, it's 5'9 so for the most part I doubt many people think you're short. You're 174.5cm, right? that's 68.7 inches you can easily get away with saying you're 5'9, if you really wanna be 6'0 don't let us stop you, its not like you're attempting 8+ inches, go for it and don't let it get to you.

Sanity

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 09:45:21 AM »

I know that feel, but its all in your head the average in the UK is not 6'0, it's 5'9 so for the most part I doubt many people think you're short. You're 174.5cm, right? that's 68.7 inches you can easily get away with saying you're 5'9, if you really wanna be 6'0 don't let us stop you, its not like you're attempting 8+ inches, go for it and don't let it get to you.
would 5'11 barefoot in england considered in the tall realm or above average realm

ThatGuy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 12:07:17 PM »

It'd be tall if you were in Japan, but it is above average, I used this site.
https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/
The break down is..
UK - 5'9 = 50% Average
      5'11 = 75.3% Above Average
      6'0  = 84.8% Kinda Tall
US -5'9.3 = 50% Average
      5'11 = 71.9% above average
      6'0  = 82.1% kinda tall

TallerDream

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 04:10:39 PM »

It'd be tall if you were in Japan, but it is above average, I used this site.
https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/
The break down is..
UK - 5'9 = 50% Average
      5'11 = 75.3% Above Average
      6'0  = 84.8% Kinda Tall
US -5'9.3 = 50% Average
      5'11 = 71.9% above average
      6'0  = 82.1% kinda tall

ThatGuy, average height in the UK is not 5’9, it’s 5’10.. the British are a bit taller than Americans.
Second, it’s just statistics, 5’10 is the average height in the UK accounting for all generations.
I am 100% convinced it is the older generations bringing the average down. If you take a sample of only younger people, let’s say born in the 80s and 90s the average is more like 6’0.
I observe a lot people here in London and white males are very tall, 6’0 and beyond. Occasionally you might see a short guy but not often. The same should apply to the US, even though I haven’t been there yet I’ve seen on the internet rumours that young Americans are pretty tall too.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »

The same should apply to the US, even though I haven’t been there yet I’ve seen on the internet rumours that young Americans are pretty tall too.

Average in the US is definitely around 5’8”. Ive been walking around for 2 weeks now going to parks and the mall and shopping centers and dont see many young/older guys taller than me. Im at 5’8.5” now after finishing my cross-lengthening.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

ThatGuy

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 11:59:39 PM »

ThatGuy, average height in the UK is not 5’9, it’s 5’10.. the British are a bit taller than Americans.
Second, it’s just statistics, 5’10 is the average height in the UK accounting for all generations.
I am 100% convinced it is the older generations bringing the average down. If you take a sample of only younger people, let’s say born in the 80s and 90s the average is more like 6’0.
I observe a lot people here in London and white males are very tall, 6’0 and beyond. Occasionally you might see a short guy but not often. The same should apply to the US, even though I haven’t been there yet I’ve seen on the internet rumours that young Americans are pretty tall too.
It's just statistics? Damn, I don't know what to say. I'll just walk away on this one.

ThatGuy

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 12:06:09 AM »

Average in the US is definitely around 5’8”. Ive been walking around for 2 weeks now going to parks and the mall and shopping centers and dont see many young/older guys taller than me. Im at 5’8.5” now after finishing my cross-lengthening.
Going by your method someone who sees mostly 6'0 people could deduce the average is about 6'0. Anyone who understands and values statistics knows you can't extrapolate your own experiences to reach conclusion like this. You can't just eyeball a few 100 or even 1000 people then just say "Yup the average height in the entire nation is about 5'8".
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up