Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will doing LL effect muscle growth  (Read 1065 times)

ramaka

Will doing LL effect muscle growth
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:13:53 PM »

Basically I’m just curious whether doing either arm lengthening or leg lengthening minimises the amount of muscle the lengthened bone can carry example if I lengthen my arm could I grow more muscle or less or even the same amount obviously after it’s fully healed thanks

ThatGuy

Re: Will doing LL effect muscle growth
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:23:50 AM »

Basically I’m just curious whether doing either arm lengthening or leg lengthening minimises the amount of muscle the lengthened bone can carry example if I lengthen my arm could I grow more muscle or less or even the same amount obviously after it’s fully healed thanks
I'd expect you to be able to put on more muscle, like any other person around that height.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 07:46:38 PM »

I'd expect you to be able to put on more muscle, like any other person around that height.

Don't quote me on this but I wouldn't have expected it to work that way.

Limb lengthening stretches the tendons and soft tissue so I would expect it do the same with the muscles, not regrow new muscle cells right?

Would be great to get someone certified to answer this.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

JON SNOW

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:12:22 PM »

Don't quote me on this but I wouldn't have expected it to work that way.

Limb lengthening stretches the tendons and soft tissue so I would expect it do the same with the muscles, not regrow new muscle cells right?

Would be great to get someone certified to answer this.

in limb lengthening done on animals studies, there is evidence than the new length is compound of new muscle cells and some % of the original tissues been stretched

so the more cm lengthen equals more % of tissues been stretched and remain like that, so more loss of function

PS: but maybe dont remain stretched maybe is a cuestion of time some 5-7 years or so, would be fantastic to have studies on humans on this, guinea pigs voluntaries rise you hand haha just a joking

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 08:17:41 PM »

I can say that my lengthened femurs are much bulkier than my non lengthened calves, so I'd say more muscle is possible post LL, but it takes time and effort

ramaka

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:39:47 AM »

I can say that my lengthened femurs are much bulkier than my non lengthened calves, so I'd say more muscle is possible post LL, but it takes time and effort

Would you say it takes longer because it’s a longer bone just curious I have naturally muscular legs but I’d be more concerned if I had to do arm lengthening because obviously it’s better to have bigger arms than legs

ThatGuy

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:04:49 AM »

I've heard taller people have a harder time filling in their frames, so I'd expect it to take about as long as anyone else within that height range. It was pretty easy getting tons of muscle on my legs, it's been harder for me to fill in my arms because they're so long. I'm only 15 inches on a good pump.

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 04:41:11 AM »

the musculature doesnt grow unless its also been cut in a way. the tissue just stretches out so essentially the same muscle mass stretched out on a longer bone with some % loss of functioning.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

ramaka

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »

the musculature doesnt grow unless its also been cut in a way. the tissue just stretches out so essentially the same muscle mass stretched out on a longer bone with some % loss of functioning.

So realistically it’ll just take longer to build muscle then but you should still be able to.

Johnson1111

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

How is your athleticism opposed to before?

Sanity

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 07:00:47 AM »

So realistically it’ll just take longer to build muscle then but you should still be able to.
i suppose. and i really hope so. even if its not im ok with it cause im going for tibia lengthening only and if i cannot have muscular calfs its fine. il just bulk up my upper legs and upper body.

ramaka

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »

i suppose. and i really hope so. even if its not im ok with it cause im going for tibia lengthening only and if i cannot have muscular calfs its fine. il just bulk up my upper legs and upper body.

For me it’s more of a concern if I need arm lengthening because i don’t mind if I can get massive legs obviously I don’t want chicken legs but the arms I believe are always the important things

Sanity

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 01:50:20 PM »

For me it’s more of a concern if I need arm lengthening because i don’t mind if I can get massive legs obviously I don’t want chicken legs but the arms I believe are always the important things
my main concern is not bulking it up but getting pains and even loss of funtion because il be forcing an already stretched muscle into action either isometric contractions or just loading. yea in case of arm its a serious concern. i dont think the stretched limb can ever gain as much muscle as normally and without any joint/muscle issues.

for me after the surgery muscle building for that particular limb is out of the window.

ramaka

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 02:22:49 PM »

my main concern is not bulking it up but getting pains and even loss of funtion because il be forcing an already stretched muscle into action either isometric contractions or just loading. yea in case of arm its a serious concern. i dont think the stretched limb can ever gain as much muscle as normally and without any joint/muscle issues.

for me after the surgery muscle building for that particular limb is out of the window.

Well for arms if you have an already good wingspan ie I have a 182 wingspan/armspan so if I did lengthen my arms by 3 cm each arm so I’d end up with a 188 armspan which is close to the target I want with LL plus like Leg lengthening they say the safe limit is 5 cm so I’d actually be under within the safe limit but yea I’d say you’d be able to still build muscle providing the you haven’t streatched way over the safe limit

Sanity

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 07:20:25 PM »

Well for arms if you have an already good wingspan ie I have a 182 wingspan/armspan so if I did lengthen my arms by 3 cm each arm so I’d end up with a 188 armspan which is close to the target I want with LL plus like Leg lengthening they say the safe limit is 5 cm so I’d actually be under within the safe limit but yea I’d say you’d be able to still build muscle providing the you haven’t streatched way over the safe limit

why do u even wana lengthen arms in first place. just get ur lower limbs lengthened and bulk up ur arms. in my experience ppl usually don give a fck about arm length as such. they are more focused on height and then straight to ur muscle build. wouldnt u agree.

ramaka

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 08:35:57 PM »

why do u even wana lengthen arms in first place. just get ur lower limbs lengthened and bulk up ur arms. in my experience ppl usually don give a fk about arm length as such. they are more focused on height and then straight to ur muscle build. wouldnt u agree.

Nah I probably wouldn’t get arm lengthening done it’s just if it is nessary I probably would but yea I do agree with what your saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up