Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for Stryde or going with Precice 2  (Read 1741 times)

cool

Waiting for Stryde or going with Precice 2
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »

I have repeatedly put off LL because of how being in a wheelchair during lengthening scares me. Now with Stryde available, I feel more courageous to do LL. However I can't afford Dr. Paley and I will have to wait until Stryde is available in with doctors like Dr. Franz or Dr. Parihar.

Do you think it's worth waiting for it? I think recovery will be exceptionally faster with Stryde and I might be back to normal in 6 months, whereas with Precice 2, Dr. Parihar had told me that it might be 1 year before I am normal simply because I have to learn to walk all over again.

Is early 2019 a reasonable time frame to expect Stryde nail outside the US? I know that Dr. Parihar and Dr. Franz have both done 5-6 Precice surgeries, so they should be getting Stryde as well.
8)

TinyTL

Re: Waiting for Stryde or going with Precice 2
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »

I am in same situation. Its kinda hard planning for such a big surgery with this dilemma.

I consider 3 things in following prority order:
1. Stryde with Birkholtz
2. Sell my house and do Stryde with Paley
3. Betz nail

cool

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:37:50 AM »

It's a very difficult decision for certain. I am fully comfortable going to a doctor like Dr. Parihar or Dr. Birkholtz (I have met the former and phoned the latter) as long as they offer a weight bearing experience.

I wouldn't want to go to Betz because of supposedly poor bedside manners and the way he uses very large nails even in small boned people. Also the "clicking".
8)

edwardv6

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »

2. Sell my house and do Stryde with Paley
WTF...
banned for flaming/hostility

cool

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 03:56:41 AM »

WTF...
You gotta do what you gotta do  ;D
8)

TinyTL

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »

It's a very difficult decision for certain. I am fully comfortable going to a doctor like Dr. Parihar or Dr. Birkholtz (I have met the former and phoned the latter) as long as they offer a weight bearing experience.

I wouldn't want to go to Betz because of supposedly poor bedside manners and the way he uses very large nails even in small boned people. Also the "clicking".

Yeah, thats the worry with Betz. The 13mm nail and all the reaming of bone marrow to fit it cant be good for recovery. But then again theres like 50 successful diaries with betz so he cant be that bad, can he?

WTF...
why is this wtf?
I can save up money instead and do LL in 2 years, but thats 2 years of my time wasted on walking around in the body i dont feel confortable with. Low self-esteem, missed oppourtinities.
Or I can sell the apartment, use 70% of that on Paley next month and enjoy life.

Money you can earn any day, time you cannot get back ever... its gone. so use it wisely

cool

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 07:08:38 PM »

I have read about some bad experiences with Betz. Also he is a bit short tempered from a what I gather (don't quote me on this though). The problem with using thick nails start showing when you go for nail removal or after removal. It's all good while it's inside.

And yes I agree with you that selling your house isn't a terrible idea provided you don't risk becoming homeless or extreme like that. Just make sure you have enough for complications as well. It would cost 120.000 dollars + another 30.000 dollars for complications. I have a feeling it will become cheaper once Stryde becomes available worldwide.
8)

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »

WTF...

Why wtf? Do what makes you happy. I could spend $100k on a house but would rather be taller so...
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Android

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »

I'm not sure why anyone would consider Precice 2.2 over Stryde anymore. You've waited this long, you can wait a little longer for the vastly superior successor.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

cool

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 04:09:15 PM »

I'm not sure why anyone would consider Precice 2.2 over Stryde anymore. You've waited this long, you can wait a little longer for the vastly superior successor.

I agree. But we don't know how much longer it will take for it to be available outside the US. It seems it will be in South Africa only after Aug 2019. God knows when it will be available in India.
8)

champion90

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 06:50:38 PM »

Code: [Select]

Giotikas in december
Pages: [1]   Go Up