Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Stryde Diary 2018 - with Dr. Paley  (Read 27171 times)

Kenda

Re: New Stryde Diary 2018 - with Dr. Paley
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2019, 12:40:00 PM »

Hi So i am a girl 152 cm and been considering stryde for femurs even though my tibias would look better if taller , However ive been considering it for Femursin order to get the Maximum Full 8 Cm without anything less!
But you said thatyou stopped at 6.5 ?i would assume u have an athletic body (muscular) so does bodies like that with alot of muscles in legs specially form more Resistance and pain due to strong muscles ?

Because in my case i have No muscle at all, and i was sondering is this something fo my advantage? Having a skinny leg no muscle resistance ? Can i reach the 8 cm ?

~~ note ; i have tight short tendons tho, specially in knee area

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:07 PM »

I think the minimum stryde diameter is 10mm, it may not fit inside your femur.
Go for it

superusercj1

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2019, 03:16:10 AM »

Yes I stopped around 6.5 because I was feeling really tight as well as read horror stories on forum that said ppl couldn’t make a full recovery.

Today I can tell you Ive made a full recovery - no pain and completely normal gait.  Have wondered time to time what if I pushed myself another 1.5CM.

But super happy with where I’m at ! I am going to wait a solid year before skiing again but don’t have any physical limitation that I can tell otherwise - good luck !

Hi So i am a girl 152 cm and been considering stryde for femurs even though my tibias would look better if taller , However ive been considering it for Femursin order to get the Maximum Full 8 Cm without anything less!
But you said thatyou stopped at 6.5 ?i would assume u have an athletic body (muscular) so does bodies like that with alot of muscles in legs specially form more Resistance and pain due to strong muscles ?

Because in my case i have No muscle at all, and i was sondering is this something fo my advantage? Having a skinny leg no muscle resistance ? Can i reach the 8 cm ?

~~ note ; i have tight short tendons tho, specially in knee area

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 08:28:43 AM »

BeYourBest

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2019, 01:04:22 PM »

Thanks for the update - I’m glad that you’re doing well!

Any chance of a video, please? Would be nice to see what you’re walking like particularly because I’m looking at Paley for femur Stryde.

Wish you the best.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2019, 05:22:38 PM »

Great to hear about a a successful recovery.

Can you recall when you crossed the threshold of walking 100% normal from the perspective of other people (family, friends, co workers) from the time of finishing lengthening. Reading through your diary, nearly a month out it seemed like you were very close to normal, and now it sounds like you are there 100%. Just trying to understand when that threshold was crossed for you since then.

Thanks!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

MirinHeight

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2019, 09:38:33 PM »

not a single picture or video was posted in this diary.
take everything you read on here with a grain of salt if no proof available.
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

TheAlchemist

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2019, 02:48:22 AM »

not a single picture or video was posted in this diary.
take everything you read on here with a grain of salt if no proof available.

There was another user MyEvolution who has pictures/vids who did his procedure the same time as this user and their diaries overlapped

BeYourBest

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »

There was another user MyEvolution who has pictures/vids who did his procedure the same time as this user and their diaries overlapped

What’s your point?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2019, 05:48:11 PM »

What’s your point?

They acknowledged that they both existed (i.e. MyEvolution who is verified acknowledged that superuser was there while he was there). Again I totally understand the skepticism but just calling this out.

BeYourBest

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2019, 12:58:58 AM »

They acknowledged that they both existed (i.e. MyEvolution who is verified acknowledged that superuser was there while he was there). Again I totally understand the skepticism but just calling this out.

Ahh fair enough

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »

Does ... anyone know if you can stay at Dr paley's hospital for the entire lengthening time ?

InFullStryde

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »

Does ... anyone know if you can stay at Dr paley's hospital for the entire lengthening time ?

You can't stay at the hospital, but Dr. Paley has a partnership with a nearby Hotel.  His packages include transportation to and from physical therapy from the Hotel.  You receive a discount for the hotel as a Paley LL patient.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »

Thank you .. I hope you like your new highly.. you made it look easy  ;)

InFullStryde

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »

Thank you .. I hope you like your new highly.. you made it look easy  ;)

Thank you, Panda! Still working hard in recovery; but I'm making good progress! Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'm glad to help if I can.

IFS
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

21FRANCO

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2019, 12:32:56 AM »

How much would it cost the partnership with the surgery ?

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »

Thank you, Panda! Still working hard in recovery; but I'm making good progress! Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'm glad to help if I can.

IFS

Hi... I sent you an email ... regarding questions...please kindly check and reply...

Thanks Panda bear :)

tallica

• Visitor
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »

But super happy with where I’m at ! I am going to wait a solid year before skiing again but don’t have any physical limitation that I can tell otherwise - good luck !

Glad you've recovered so well. And thanks for mentioning skiing. Because I've always wondered to what degree you remain functional 1 year post-op.
Skiing is very hard on legs as you do slalom you rotate with high pressure. Considering we don't aim to be a professional at skiing, do you think it's possible to regain average skiing abilities.

Same question goes for going to gym and doing squats, deadlifts etc. (Again assuming I don't aim to be a bulky body builder), can we regain enough strength to continue these activities?

What are your opinions on this?

superusercj1

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2019, 03:57:14 AM »

Glad you've recovered so well. And thanks for mentioning skiing. Because I've always wondered to what degree you remain functional 1 year post-op.
Skiing is very hard on legs as you do slalom you rotate with high pressure. Considering we don't aim to be a professional at skiing, do you think it's possible to regain average skiing abilities.

Same question goes for going to gym and doing squats, deadlifts etc. (Again assuming I don't aim to be a bulky body builder), can we regain enough strength to continue these activities?

What are your opinions on this?

Hey, sorry been awhile, once you’re done with this process you kind of just ignore the forum and get back to your normal life.

Anyways, at this point I would say I’m 98% back to normal. The 2% is because when I do super strenuous stuff like uphill hiking I still get sore, but that’s mainly because I am still getting my muscles back.  Every time I exercise I can do things for longer and longer periods.

Overall this has been an awesome decision for me.  If anyone is considering it, Stryde is definitely a game changer.

TheAlchemist

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »

Hey, sorry been awhile, once you’re done with this process you kind of just ignore the forum and get back to your normal life.

Anyways, at this point I would say I’m 98% back to normal. The 2% is because when I do super strenuous stuff like uphill hiking I still get sore, but that’s mainly because I am still getting my muscles back.  Every time I exercise I can do things for longer and longer periods.

Overall this has been an awesome decision for me.  If anyone is considering it, Stryde is definitely a game changer.

Best outcome IMO. Glad that you are enjoying your new height and have hopefully gotten rid of the height dysphoria! At this point, how do you feel about the height gain and the overall process? Was it worth it?

superusercj1

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2019, 04:38:04 AM »

Hey TheAlchemist,

Yes my height neurosis was cleared up completely even though my overall height is still on the shorter side.

Saw you’re here doing femurs, I just did my Tibias today.

Maybe we’ll meet !

superusercj1

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2019, 04:45:22 AM »

Okay back at it again, this time bilateral tibia stryde with Paley - about 1 year after bilateral stryde femur.

Prior to the procedure, I was walking completely normal with no gait issues or pain. Felt completely normal.  Stretching wise, can stretch to about 2 inches from my toe.

POD 0:
Pain. Tibia is 100% more painful than femurs. Since getting out the operating room I’ve been on around the clock pain medications. Everytime I try to move my leg there’s significant pain right below my knee.  And man does it hurt.  Femurs I barely took pain meds.  Tibia on the other hand has been pretty brutal and I’m having a lot of trouble sleeping.

This time around I’m doing it with a friend and thus far the experience has been better from a mental support perspective.  We also have a caretaker that brings  food  to the hospital as we learned last year they don’t feed us enough ;)

Well that’s it for now, going to try to get some rest.

superusercj1

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »

Couldn’t find a way to change the topic name, can someone tell admin or let me know how to change topic to “Bilateral femur Stryde with Dr. Paley, followed by Bilateral Tibia stryde 1 yr later”

This way it’s more appropriately named for forum readers

Thanks !

TheAlchemist

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »

Best of luck man! I'm currently doing bilateral femurs with Paley. Staying at Homewood. Your original diary on femurs was super helpful for me while planning this out. Would love to meet up sometime.

MyEvolution

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

YOU GOT THIS!! Yes there is pain involved, yes its tough BUT i promise you this. If you do your stretches 3x / day you WILL hit 8cm
Last year by the time I hit 8 i was soo good i could have gone for 9cm if it was possible

You got this, when in doubt stretch it out

Dreamer57

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2019, 01:57:29 PM »

Pls can you post your x-rays!

InFullStryde

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »

Good luck, man! You're Height max'n! Love that.

superusercj1

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2019, 09:54:38 PM »

Uhh MyEvolution - this isn’t a femur diary it’s a tibia , and I’m doing Tibias with you :p you forgot my user name already

Dreamer57

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »

Hey man....pls post xray! Would love to see them.

superusercj1

« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »

Hey man....pls post xray! Would love to see them.

No X rays yet, haven’t had that appt

POD 7 -

Legs have zero pain when I don’t move, about 4/10 when I move my legs.  Super hard to bend my knee, I can probably bend it to 90 degrees before having 5/10 pain right below the front of my knee.  Today I was able to use the walker on my own to get to the bathroom but it was more 80% upper body than my legs actually doing the steps ;) standing on both legs I’m fine, 3/10 pain.  Overall my legs are still swollen, there’s ankle edema and also both my knees are swollen and I can feel the fluids.  Have an appointment with luke tomorrow for my machine and also PT as well.  So far things are going well.

I have a feeling tibia is going to be easier than femurs given that I have full muscle functions unlike femurs when all my muscle groups were hurting and disabled.  If it wasn’t for this pain I’d probably be able to walk normally.

My goal is to be on crutches next week. Fingers crossed.

Oh btw, I’m doing this with myEvolution, super helpful from a mental perspective to have someone going through it with you- makes time fly faster, all we do is chill and play video games lol

Dreamer57

« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »

A question abt ur pre op tibia time....After femurs...hadyou gotten to a point where you can do all the stuff normally , sports running...Like before pre op femurs....And yeah what abt proportions after tibia? Btw I wish you luck for the coming few days...Hope everything goes as you planned...Do drop in the x-rays when u get them!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up