Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femurs dr sarin - second surgery  (Read 14565 times)

4cms

Re: Internal femurs dr sarin - second surgery
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »

woah congrats man. I really want to see the clicking mechanism of this nail. Please post a video soon!

Here is a pic of the mechanism , you must remove the cap then attach a lever then turn the lever for lengthening

https://imgur.com/a/lwMl949

I will post better pics when i am in the lengthening process.

4cms

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »

Today i spoke with both ji jo the surgical assistant  and dr suneel kumar who oversees orthopaedics in the action medical hospital where i done my surgery.
I remember alot of people talking about the risk of Fat embolism associated with femur surgery especially.
I was very impressed to find out that dr sarins team takes the utmost precaution with regards to this risk.

What do they do to avoid fat embolism ?

I was told by the surgical assistant ji jo and the head of orthopaedics that they drill a hole in the distal part of the femur and into the bone cavity to drain all fat from the bone marrow cavity in order to stop the incidence of fat embolism. I am very impressed and anybody that says dr sarins team are not safe does not know what they are talking about.
I was very worried about fat embolism before i came as i know alot other people are.
Very impressed with dr sarins surgical team and the precautions they took to safeguard me from Fat embolism.

Now

I just cannot wait to start lengthening , to me the hard part has been done and since i am only going for 4cms ( maybe 4.5 - 5 ) i believe this will be much easier than the external tibias i done in 2012.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:56:18 PM by 4cms »

cool

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »

That is very standard procedure man. All doctors do that to avoid fat embolism.
8)

4cms

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 01:00:48 PM »

Ill take your word for it

My point is they take proper precauations and if you listen to any of the fear mongerers they wil tell you otherwise.
My point is so many people say dr sarin is not safe when in fact he and his team do everything the right way and have great concern for patient safety. Im also proof of a successful internal femur surgery.
I feel its only fair that i speak up and detail the facts, even though i had surgery in 2012 with dr sarin alot of the rumours even had me doubting. Actually im annoyed i wasted 1 minute worrying.
I was also given blood thinners after surgery and again i read somewhere here that they were not given , once again an incorrect assumption.

zakika

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »

The "precautions" you describe meet all the very basic orthopaedic requirements, not a real argument your end at all to underline them as a real cautious behaviour of an ortophedic surgeon (even in India), these things are basic parts of the surgical procedure, should not worth to mention. In other words if someone doesn't make a ventilation-hole, or gives no "blood-thinners" post op, fits the absolute exclusion criterias.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:07:32 PM by zakika »
171 cm - TSF-tibia (5cm)+Stryde femur (5-6 cm) Giotikas - aim 180-182 cm

4cms

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »

All that i expected were that the basic precautions be taken.
In general i am impressed with dr sarins team.
You do realize this is my second surgery right ? But as you may or may not be aware femurs carries a higher risk of fat embolism than tibias. I wasnt even worried with my first surgery.
 As i understand you are doing external tibias , i have completed my tibia surgery and recovery and also went back to boxing and gym training. Essentially you paid over 26,000 usd where i paid 12-15,000 usd at the time and got the result i wanted.
As i understand aswell that for precise internal femur dr gotikas charges over 44,000 usd where i paid alot less again for the same desired outcome. 30k to be exact with complications and stay included. I think your complications are charged.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:30:38 PM by 4cms »

4cms

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »

The "precautions" you describe meat all the very basic orthopaedic requirements, not a real argument your end at all to underline them as a real cautious behaviour of an ortophedic surgeon (even in India), these things are basic parts of the surgical procedure, should not worth to mention. In other words if someone doesn't make a ventilation-hole, or gives no "blood-thinners" post op, fits the absolute exclusion criterias.

Btw you spelt meet wrong , the word meat is used to describe beef or chicken.

I also beg to differ if i deem it fit to mention on my diary then i can do so.

zakika

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »

1. It was autocorrect (maybe you didn't realised the level of my English..), thank you for even mentioning.
2. I'm a doctor, practically on the field of surgery, please give me the credit of being realistic.
3. In relation to a surgery as this money should never be the first priority, not that it is not important.

My statement was clear, even if you are personally impressed, you have the right to make it clear, however stating it as a sign of precision, and professionalism seems more than fishy, so again, it should never even mentioned as a proof of being a reliable, professional medical doctor, it is a basic requirement. Plus blood thinners and fat embolism are two completely distinct pathophysiologic processes  (even if there is a very slight correlation), don't mix the two.
171 cm - TSF-tibia (5cm)+Stryde femur (5-6 cm) Giotikas - aim 180-182 cm

4cms

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

Lol i didnt state it was i sign of precision .....its a precaution and a good one at that and like i said essentially you paid about 12,000 usd more than i paid for the same outcome and as i understand you will also be paying 45-50,000 usd for internal femurs where i paid 30k with complications and stay.
Did you say me mentioning it is fishy ? " seems more than fishy "
Are you ok ? Its not a competition dude, i think you better just get off my diary and worry about yourself.
Im out of internal femur surgery and doing fine, paying extra doesnt neccessarily give a better or different result.
On top of that if you really are a doctor then you are privelliged to have money to pay extra thats your decision not everybody can afford the luxury of spending 50 or 60,000 usd and i wouldnt want to when i can get the same outcome for $15 -20,000 usd less 30k vs 45- 60k i know which i prefer ( i think its 80,000 usd with accomodation) As i just said i am out of surgery and doing fine.
80k is just too much.
Fact is im a LL vetran for 5 years now and i am completly recovered on tibias you're new to all of this so i think you should know your place wether doctor or fake doctor not sure ...sorry to sound like as ass but its the truth.
Anyway i would prefer if you remained on your own diary as im here to inform on my experience with dr sarins team not argue with a newbie leg lengthener. Im sorry but you brought these comments out of me.
Thanks buddy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:27:44 PM by 4cms »

4cms

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 03:14:04 PM »

Apologies

Sorry guys for the above debate , i dont like crashing other peoples diaries and i expect the same in return.

Once again i am impressed with dr sarins team , i get visits from the head of orthopaedics at Action medical institute daily and also from ji jo the surgical assistant

Old scars once again in case people missed that i have already completed tibia surgery and recovery 5 years ago.
https://imgur.com/a/9FD4155

Sweden

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »

You will do fine 4cm. I wish I could be there with you doing the very same. 4cm is my goal too when I do it again. Very smart move.

I did LL together with 4cm back in 2013 with Dr Sarin.

He asked me if I wanted to join him but I had to decline bc I’m back in building back my career in sports again.
I did 7cm in my tibias and today I just won a competition in the highest professional class. I’m having the best time of my life right now today.

This is a walk in the park for you “4cm”! Stay safe my friend.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

4cms

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »

You will do fine 4cm. I wish I could be there with you doing the very same. 4cm is my goal too when I do it again. Very smart move.

He asked me if I wanted to join him but I had to decline bc I’m back in building back my career in sports again.
I did 7cm in my tibias and today I just won a competition in the highest professional class. I’m having the best time of my life right now today.

He sweden , finally a comment from a fellow LL veteran.
Yea i remember those days you arrived just after me to the guest house. Would of been great to have you doing it with me  but you were busy winning the professional tae kwon do pro tournament i see lol.
Also looks like LL doesnt affect physcial ability as much as some thought.
Anyway heres a dr sarin internal femur diary to follow as requested i know its been a while but i finally managed to do the second surgery.
I might be getting a little greedy and going for 4.5 to 5cms lol.

cool

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 02:51:33 AM »

Hey Sweden. Can you post videos of beating people up after LL?  ;D That would be very reassuring to us pre-LLers  ;D
8)

4cms

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »

update and summary

Surgery was on the 12th october friday at 1pm, the whole team were very pleasant and bubbly. The anaesthesiologist was quite precise with her questions , she asked if i was an athelete because my heart rate was so low i was quite surprised to find out it was sitting at 44 beats per minute which is due to the intense anaerobic style cardio and hitt style training i do but even i was surprised , she checked my height and weight  and double checked i wasnt on any medications that would interfere with the anaesthrsia or surgery.  So moving on before i was given the anaesthesia i was first given an epidural , i talked with the surgical team for a while then woke up at the end of the surgery i did manage to see the last bits of one of my legs being finished off however i couldnt feel a thing.

I was put into recovery and once pain set in i would give it a 10/10 lol , they had to wait for my heart rate to go up and after 10 mins they pumped me with some morphine for the pain.
Doctor sarin and dr suneel kumar came to see how i was and were satisfied and told me surgery went well.
Ji jo dr sarins assistant also told me surgery went well but my femurs apparently were hard to break.

I have been in my hosoital room since then with a steady stream of pain killers so not feeling any pain other than abit when i do some movement. I have been monitored for 3 days now given blood thinners daily and might be here for another 2.
The only complaint i have is these nurses and cleaners come im my room litrally every 10 mins 24 hours a day which makes it hard for my wife to keep my 1 year old asleep ( yes they are staying with me in the room its quite big with 2 lounges ) they come in late at night and wake the baby . Sometimes i wanna grab them and say " you woke her up now take care of her until morning " lol
Moving on im happy with everything overall and can say this is great and economical way to do internals.
Me and my wife order from food apps such as : swiggy , zomato  and uber eats hey starbucks even delivers.

6 or 7 days left and i start lengthening , that is what im waiting for i need to feel i am actually doing it.
In total there are 3 other foreign patients all doing external femurs , i have met walking tall i can litrally sit with him and about sports for 2 hours at a time. I have met the other internal femur patient but he is in the other guest house down the road - hes doing cross lengthening one internal femur and the other leg hes doing external tibs.

Guess thats about it for now , no exciting lengthening details yet.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:16:31 PM by 4cms »

4cms

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 11:22:09 AM »

HLN mechanism picture

Below is a picture of the hydraulic pump that distracts the internal rod. I got some white legs lol
You can wear pants over this and go out when you have abiy of callus going.

https://imgur.com/a/aNyNdLk

cool

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2018, 12:16:56 PM »

So this is an intra-external nail  ;D Looks different for sure, would love to see you distract!
8)

4cms

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »

Yes i ll try and give some good pics , i start distracting on friday ....so 3 days
Excited !
My diary isnt very detailed but i will update on anything significant.
Im sure you will like the pictures showing how i distract.

4cms

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2018, 12:27:20 PM »

So this is an intra-external nail  ;D Looks different for sure, would love to see you distract!

Its an internal nail/rod the only thing external is the distraction mechanism. I ll be taught how to distract on friday.

4cms

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »

Journey back from the hospital pics

https://imgur.com/a/0w0w3fD

GrowTow

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 07:09:04 PM »

@4cms

You said the process is costing you 30k.

Can you specify currency..Australian dollar? $? £?
Current: 5'6: 10-13cm Cross Lenghtening w/ Dr Sarin
End Goal: 5'11

4cms

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 01:34:03 AM »

Just type 30k usd to aud in google you will get a result based on market performance. I paid in 2 lots ( one for rod deposit and one for final payment those payments were spread apart by 6 weeks because you have to order the rod from belgium first ) so i cant give a correct exact amount without going into my bank statement.

Depending on exchange rate on the day which rises or drops up to 2cs per U.S dollar every week , your looking
At beteen 41 - 42,000 australian dollars total with 3 months accomodation included.

Current usd to aud exchange rate : 1 aud is buying 0.7118
Which is actually down in the last 2 months from 0.76
If the rate goes back to 0.76 you will be paying significantly less in australian dollars.

4cms

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 06:10:22 AM »

Toilet update

Ok im going to tell about one of the main differences for me beteen external tibias and internal femurs atleast in the early stages. Basically its way harder to go and do number 2s with internal femurs like waaay harder. With tibias i could just drag them along and switch from the office chair to the toilet seat but with femurs its painful to move from seat to toilet seat and vice versa.
Your first trips to the toilet are going to be hard especially for internal femurs because you are moving the 2 broken bones around with you and pain tends to occur when moving from one seat and landing on the other. The other thing is when you are 5 days fresh out of surgery your femurs are swollen and you cant bend them to 90• degrees easily so it hurts when a sudden jerk occurs when moving and the weight of your leg drops forcing it to 90 degrees when all the swelling doesnt want to let it go that far.
Thirdly rotating your hips is a little harder because the incision where they insert the rod is kind around top side of your femur and back side.

I dont predict this kind of pain will last more than another week or 2 max going by my previous experience with tibias.

4cms

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 11:38:06 AM »

Today i had my first glass of plain milk lol im going to to what i did in my previous lengthening which is 500 -1litre of milk per day , plus chicken or meat for protein , green vegetables for vitamin k and orange juice , tomatoes or capsicums for vitamin C.

Now some quick info on food delivery

I use a number of apps to have food delivered to me : swiggy , zomato , and uber eats
Out of the 3 swiggy is the easiest to use.
Now i havent been a good boy and i have been ordering ice cream 3 days im a row lol they actually deliver ice cream. On the plus side i have been ordering chicken breast from a restaurant called diet co, also ordered burgers from ihop without the fries. There is actually alot to choose from.

I start lengthening tomorrow so my diet has to be decent.

4cms

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

Done my first 1mm today , dr sarins surgical assistant done it for me because there is a method to it. So i dont think i ll be doing it til i have seen them do it enough to where i am confident.

Below is a picture of the hydraulic pump that plugs into the part on my body . The lever is then turned 1/4 of a turn to achieve a milimetre.

https://imgur.com/a/fCUPQN4
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:18:54 PM by 4cms »

4cms

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »

Update

With the 4mms i got in the surgery , yesterdays 1mm and today i done 1.5mm. That brings me to 6.5mms. I get an xray in 8 days to confirm everything is going smoothly.

Just a pic of the HLN outer mechanism if you havent seen it. Will post xrays in about 8 days.

https://imgur.com/a/CGciJqN

4cms

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

What made me come back for a second lengthening?

There are a few reasons i came back , one of them is because after my first lengthening where i done 6.5cms i made it to 169.5 barefoot i was happy for abit but started wearing 3-4cm lifts in my shoes everyday the problem was i went everywhere with these lifts i even went back to boxing and put them in my asics boxing boots because i was heavy for my height all the guys i would face were still always taller i was 176.5 pounds standing 169.5 barefoot so i just didnt like that i was training with lifts i felt this slowed me down and to be honest everytime i took them off i felt like i was pretending to be someone else , i dont mind being heavier but i want that weight to be bone or muscle weight and im carrying about 6kgs of fat.

To think that after my first lengthening i went back to training and gym and performed well with lifts on suggested to be if i just got that amount in bone not lifts (4cms ) it would be much better. Im not planning to be some famous boxer but i love it and do it for protection and confidence im not bad either. Abit of wrestling training is in the books after recovery.
People have said LL decreases athletic ability which i believe is true to a degree but it didnt affect me to any degree which stopped me in fact i somehow gained more power, could to do with the extra bone weight but i did go back to gym and training as soon as i could walk and i stretched to who knows.
I came to do this 4 or 4.5 and go i also dont plan on losing any athletic ability.
Im glad im finally here and finally going to get rid of those spongy ass lifts that make my shoes so tight and uncomfortable. I cant wait to wear low top shoes instead of airforce max to get lifts in.

P.S if you have comments about losing athletic ability please keep it to yourself, theres a reason im only coming back for only 4cms and that is the second main reason im only going for that amount.

Good luck guys with your LL or your future LL we all do this for a better life and we are not eachothers enemies..
Peace.

Trevor.P

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

The reason why you only go for 4cm is to not lose athletic ability?
I did not understand it well.

Sweden

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2018, 12:12:09 AM »

4cm is pretty safe and will not affect you as much as 6cm would, in many ways.

No matter the reason, training is good for you. I can’t believe there are so many couch potatoes out there that does LL and don’t hit the gym.
No need to aim for any professional level, but get in shape and build some muscles on your sorry tiny legs after surgery.
I still lack about 30% of my former thigh muscles, but I was in training every day back then.

A year from now I think you can start sprinting like a maniac again. If you ever did that before that is. =)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

4cms

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2018, 06:18:53 AM »

The reason why you only go for 4cm is to not lose athletic ability?
I did not understand it well.

The closer you get to 7.5cms the more possibility you will lose a percentage of athletic ability or atleast range of motion. Doing 4 or 5cms would keep you in the safe range.
That being said going past 7.5cms per segment will almost guarantee a loss of both range of motion and athletic ability.
Some people believe that any lengthening will result in loss, but i dont believe that as i did 6 to 6.5cms and was fine.
If you dont want to lose range of motion dont go above 6.5 or even 6 and to be even safer then you would do 5cms on femur and 5cms on tibias.

4cms

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »

4cm is pretty safe and will not affect you as much as 6cm would, in many ways.

No matter the reason, training is good for you. I can’t believe there are so many couch potatoes out there that does LL and don’t hit the gym.
No need to aim for any professional level, but get in shape and build some muscles on your sorry tiny legs after surgery.
I still lack about 30% of my former thigh muscles, but I was in training every day back then.

A year from now I think you can start sprinting like a maniac again. If you ever did that before that is. =)

Agreed , aswell im going to keep training until death its part of who i am. I see this LL as something that going to give not take away.

Say for eg just for arguments sake you did lose athletic ability you can always compensate by training other related muscles to compensate for the affected muscle you could also stretch the affected muscle then perform your selected movenent straight after to lock in neural pathways of the movement to execute the movement at a optimized level.
If your obsessed with it you can do anything. Im 100 percent sure thats how you won the tae kwon do championships in sweden.

doomsday

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »

The HNL nail is not produced or even invented in Belgium. The only trace of development of this nail tracks back to India. So it is an Indian nail and hell knows how safe and reliable it is. For $30k  it an absolute joke to undergo surgery there. Anyway I wish you all the best and hopefully everything will be fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up