Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the ability to grow taller ever be available without LL  (Read 884 times)

ramaka

Will the ability to grow taller ever be available without LL
« on: October 18, 2018, 08:02:57 PM »

Obviously I’m sure something like this will probably happen long after all of us on this forum are gone but just curious to know if you guys here believe it’ll happen example you ask to be a certain height step into a machine come out with genetics to that height

wants2growtaller

Re: Will the ability to grow taller ever be available without LL
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »

Maybe with stem cell research..or laser operation
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 12:32:03 AM »

Maybe with stem cell research..or laser operation

Disappointed though because it’ll probably be after our lifetimes 😭

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 01:23:13 AM »

Not before 20 years from now at least.

Kotiki

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 02:17:32 AM »

Not before 20 years from now at least.
And even that estimate is ambitious. I mean, they can't even cure hairloss, after decades of research!

myloginacc

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »

And even that estimate is ambitious. I mean, they can't even cure hairloss, after decades of research!

The science to change your eye color is already out there. It doesn't matter how farfetched something looks like - we need to look at each issue individually.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Kotiki

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 07:13:58 AM »

The science to change your eye color is already out there. It doesn't matter how farfetched something looks like - we need to look at each issue individually.
I'm aware of the Stroma technology, and I agree that this goes to show that what was once considered unthinkable can become commonplace much faster than one would think is possible.

However, growing long bones without the surgery is not even on the horizon at the moment.

What is very much plausible and likely to happen in the next 5-10 years, is the technology for fast
bone regeneration. There are currently billions poured into this research and many treatments in the pipeline. Fast bone healing is the orthopedics challenge number one as fractures, especially among elderly, is a massive cost for the society.

Once that technology is available, basic externals will suddenly look much more attractive.

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »

my best guess is it will take about aproximately 115 years from now to perfectly be able to do that.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

wants2growtaller

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 08:47:16 AM »

I dont know maybe scientist can find a way to re open the growth plates, control bone growth,, and somehow regrow bones ...or maybe through laser surgery.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Sanity

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 09:34:38 AM »

I dont know maybe scientist can find a way to re open the growth plates, control bone growth,, and somehow regrow bones ...or maybe through laser surgery.
that same as cll but without surgery. they need to control hormones and gene expressions to systematically grow muscles skin bone cartlidge just like in puberty.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

wants2growtaller

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »

i think its possible...I think that maybe they can use laser surgery or create new pain medications duing operation and post operation . Just a thought..not a scientist.

myloginacc

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 01:19:21 AM »

What is very much plausible and likely to happen in the next 5-10 years, is the technology for fast
bone regeneration. There are currently billions poured into this research and many treatments in the pipeline. Fast bone healing is the orthopedics challenge number one as fractures, especially among elderly, is a massive cost for the society.

Once that technology is available, basic externals will suddenly look much more attractive.

We probably need new kinds of external fixators, devised to maximize the potential of MSC therapy and tissue engineering avenues - just as Dr. Gavriil Ilizarov once did for distraction osteogenesis.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up