Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Measuring Life after LL  (Read 2713 times)

tallertree

Re: Measuring Life after LL
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 11:59:30 AM »

I went from 162cm to 170cm.

Im one of those guys with average to slightly below average looks so i have not really noticed any difference when it comes to attention from girls. Fact of the matter is that im still "short" and combined with not so good looks its not a recipe for attention from the opposite sxx. However, since i have become taller my confidence has been boosted and this will probably lead to me creating more attention from girls.

So, if you are below average in looks you will likely not experience more attention from girls all of the sudden. Think carefully if this surgery is what you need. I was a very athletic person before LL so right now it feels i have traded my athletic ability for height and im not completely sure if it was worth it(i did 9cm wich is quite alot for one segment). With that said, i dont regret doing LL.

Its been 7 months since i had the surgery and i can walk normal now. My athletic ability will probably recover with time so there is still hope.

Simply dont have to high expectations.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

I’ll start.

Hello, I'm curious how your relationship with your wife developed in relation to LL? What did she think of your decision to get surgery, and more importantly, were you afraid of your marriage taking damage by you getting the surgery, and did it? I imagine living with a person being immobile and needing constant care (although only for a limited time) can be very exhausting and straining, which is why I'm worried my long-term partner could lose interest in being with me once I would pull the trigger on LL.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Dirona

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »

It is a tough call to do LL post marriage or if you are in a serious relationship with someone.Revealing them of your LL plans can be off putting I guess.You need a really supportive partner.Relationships are inherently complex and adding LL to this is certainly not easy..Although I am not in a serious relationship, my immediate family members are turned off whenever I mention LL,even though it is a casual remark.They see it as a thing of little value although short people-at least in this forum- are impassioned about it.
Taking it easy

ZUCC420

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »

1. Self Confidence- Much better. I was barely 5ft before the surgery and would always feel odd looking. It didn't help that my height would be the first thing a large number of people mentioned. I would also get hurtful but innocuous questions from children and on occasion adults asking if I was a midget. Even though I wasn't technically the comments hurt. Now I can go out and feel like I'm just an indistinct schmuck like everyone else.
2. Career- In school
3. Recovery: Hard to gauge. I was never that athletic before the surgery, and I didn't try to do anything until I got the rods out. I had a Left Rotational Osteotomy to fix bowing in my left leg, so I haven't been able to exercise much lately outside of swimming which feels great.
4. Success With women: I am still fairly shy, but I am working on it. The shyness was developed when I was shorter and old habits die hard. I knew this surgery would make it easier for me with dating, but my primary goal was to reach a height closer to normal.
5. Regrets-  I don't have any regrets. This surgery allowed me to feel like I was in control of my growth for the first time in my life. I regret that it was necessary, and I wish I had been able to reach this height without surgery but for whatever reason the Growth Hormone I took to treat my deficiency never really helped me grow as much as my parents, and I thought. Whether this was due to the doctor underdosing me or just my body not metabolizing as much as it should have, I don't know. It's water under the bridge now. I have lost flexibility, but that's a small price to pay.
6. The reaction of Family- My parents, helped me find Paley who we were initially planning on doing corrections for the bowing in my legs. When we heard about CLL, we were sold. They helped me throughout the, and I couldn't have done it without them. We also got to spend a lot of time together which was nice.  As far as I know, it's common knowledge in my family that I did this surgery. Everyone was very supportive, and understanding of why I would want to do this operation.  My friends at school understood as well.

I feel like overall the Surgery went about as well as it could go for me.

I empathize with little people, so don't feel bad man.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2019, 10:56:02 PM »

I'm 2 Inches shorter than you buddy. Also you're really proving my point about how you're a bad person.

ZUCC420

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2019, 11:15:37 PM »

I'm 2 Inches shorter than you buddy. Also you're really proving my point about how you're a bad person.

Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2019, 11:23:50 PM »

Good luck in life man I hope you find happiness.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up