Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Measuring Life after LL  (Read 2690 times)

Dirona

Measuring Life after LL
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:20:50 AM »

Hey guys,

Just want to ask people who have done LL how life has been post LL.I know this has been discussed at various places but I want to  measure on the following metrics:

1.Self Confidence
2.Career(Perception as a Leader or a Manager within a company)
3.Recovery
4.Success with women
5.Regret of doing LL(Time,Money,Enduring pain etc)
6.Reaction of family, friends and relatives

Feel free to add other points.

I guess if LL was a one time surgery like a Rhinoplasty, the pros would have outweighed the cons by a huge margin.But because of time and money involved with the procedure, it is making at least some of us to think twice about the procedure.I understand there is no "free lunch" here but I would like to get the inputs from folks here..

Cheers,
Realistic
Taking it easy

Sweden

Re: Measuring Life after LL
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »

I’ll start.

1. My self confidence has always been that I’m the greatest. Probably like a narcissist. I never settled with being second but I noticed no matter how much I ever achieved I was never enough for my surrounding.

2. I’m at the same employer as I was before my LL but I have a different position right now. I’m earning triple the amount as before LL. Not only all from salary but from different business I’m involved in.

3. I recovered well. Still have Xlegs but I actually do very well still in sports.

4. I was married before LL and I’m still married with the same woman.

5. I regret somewhat doing 7cm. I should have stopped at 5cm. But I enjoy being 184cm tall with shoes on. A lot.

6. Family said nothing. Some friends freaked out but never had the guts to say anything to me. They I can tell them off pretty harsh. People are all cowards.

Life is good.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Dirona

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 01:40:14 AM »

Awesome Sweden.Very few negatives.One of the reason why I am considering LL ,apart from success with women,is to buttress my ambition of climbing the corporate ladder.
Taking it easy

short2tall

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:02 AM »

Realistic, and all future LLers

1) Your self confidence will definitely increase
2) Career depends on several things. You will probably get more immediate respect from peers/employees, but you better have the knowledge to back up the height. Physical presence only gets you so far. I had to basically restart my career and I get more respect from the people that I work with directly, but I can tell that the higher-ups view me as more of a brawn-over-brain type right now. That is, until I prove myself.
3) Physical recovery really wasn't that bad. Results may vary. I am about 8 months post-op and I can barely tell that I had anything done.
4) This is pretty subjective. I'm definitely doing better with taller women, but if you're already 5'7" plus and worried about women, I would look at other aspects of your life first.
5) I don't regret it. I think any money spent on improving yourself whether physically, mentally, or emotionally is worth it.
6) Family and friends really didn't say much. I try to slouch a little bit when meeting an old friend or a family member. Don't get me wrong, 3" is a huge difference, but you can certainly minimize it when you want to.
7) All in all, you really need to evaluate your specific circumstance. Is it really your height holding you back, or is it something else?
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 05:38:51 AM »

Realistic, and all future LLers

1) Your self confidence will definitely increase
2) Career depends on several things. You will probably get more immediate respect from peers/employees, but you better have the knowledge to back up the height. Physical presence only gets you so far. I had to basically restart my career and I get more respect from the people that I work with directly, but I can tell that the higher-ups view me as more of a brawn-over-brain type right now. That is, until I prove myself.
3) Physical recovery really wasn't that bad. Results may vary. I am about 8 months post-op and I can barely tell that I had anything done.
4) This is pretty subjective. I'm definitely doing better with taller women, but if you're already 5'7" plus and worried about women, I would look at other aspects of your life first.
5) I don't regret it. I think any money spent on improving yourself whether physically, mentally, or emotionally is worth it.
6) Family and friends really didn't say much. I try to slouch a little bit when meeting an old friend or a family member. Don't get me wrong, 3" is a huge difference, but you can certainly minimize it when you want to.
7) All in all, you really need to evaluate your specific circumstance. Is it really your height holding you back, or is it something else?

do u think its really possible to 'minimise' 3. I am going for 3' but i really don wana open up to ppl about this atleast in start. maybe flater shoes with a bad posture could do me some stabilization as to not raise so many questions.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Dirona

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »

Thanks for the pointers, short2tall.I guess most of the problems related to short height stem from the inferiority complex one has when he is short.If a person doesn't give a fk,then at least some of the issues can get sorted if not all...Easier said than done though..
Taking it easy

QuinnHaverbrooke

• Redpills
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 01:52:51 PM »

I don't really think that people will be all that curious of your height if you aren't too old.
But yeah it depends.
Current height: 170,4 cm
Dream height: 183 cm

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »

I don't really think that people will be all that curious of your height if you aren't too old.
But yeah it depends.
wat if som1 for instance a long distant relative was same height as me before cll and u meet him say after 4 years. what do u think will be his reaction?
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

cool

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »

I’ll start.

1. My self confidence has always been that I’m the greatest. Probably like a narcissist. I never settled with being second but I noticed no matter how much I ever achieved I was never enough for my surrounding.

2. I’m at the same employer as I was before my LL but I have a different position right now. I’m earning triple the amount as before LL. Not only all from salary but from different business I’m involved in.

3. I recovered well. Still have Xlegs but I actually do very well still in sports.

4. I was married before LL and I’m still married with the same woman.

5. I regret somewhat doing 7cm. I should have stopped at 5cm. But I enjoy being 184cm tall with shoes on. A lot.

6. Family said nothing. Some friends freaked out but never had the guts to say anything to me. They I can tell them off pretty harsh. People are all cowards.

Life is good.

Sweden is a very interesting person.   8)
8)

Purushrottam

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »

Hey guys,

Just want to ask people who have done LL how life has been post LL.I know this has been discussed at various places but I want to  measure on the following metrics:

1.Self Confidence
2.Career(Perception as a Leader or a Manager within a company)
3.Recovery
4.Success with women
5.Regret of doing LL(Time,Money,Enduring pain etc)
6.Reaction of family, friends and relatives

Feel free to add other points.

I guess if LL was a one time surgery like a Rhinoplasty, the pros would have outweighed the cons by a huge margin.But because of time and money involved with the procedure, it is making at least some of us to think twice about the procedure.I understand there is no "free lunch" here but I would like to get the inputs from folks here..

Cheers,
Realistic

1. Self confidence-I was pretty confident with most aspects of my life other than with dating. Now that doesn't bother me at all and I do ok.

2. I'm earning $20,000 more than before, but thats not really due to height. Its pretty common in my career for people to make $20,000 jump in salary when switching jobs after 2 years.

3. Recovery was faster than average for bone consolidation (I only lengthened 6.5 cm in the femurs though). However my flexibility was slower. I stopped lengthening on Dec 1 and I was walking w.o crutches on Jan 24 (with some sway). By March I was walking normally and was able to walk at least 6 miles daily (at a very slow pace though. old ladies and kids were passing me). I don't remember the exact dates but now I can run, play basketball, play soccer. My running looks normal but I get tired quicker (but I can run at the same pace as before). My basketball skills are getting better but I'm not as agile yet.

4. This was the biggest change in my life. You are simply more attractive to women when you are taller. Obviously I got more matches with online dating. But even in person, women are more flirty with me. Some even explicitly expressed interest in me. This had never happened before and it was quite new to me. Once again, this could also be because I've been working out a lot too.

5. No regrets. A lot of people say money would have been an issue but I don't see it that way. Before LL, I was making $150k a year. That was enough for me to live in a nice place, travel every month, and go out every weekend. It didn't limit anything. I took a loan for LL where the monthly payment is $1350. I got a new job where I have more than $1350/mo after taxes. So financially its had almost no impact on me lifestye wise. That being said, I had no complications and my surgery was very textbook.

6. Parents were very supportive. I told no one else. A lot of people were baffled/confused when they saw me after.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

QuinnHaverbrooke

• Redpills
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »

wat if som1 for instance a long distant relative was same height as me before cll and u meet him say after 4 years. what do u think will be his reaction?

Mate i get what you're saying.. but.
I would, personaliy, just tell them that i grew. And whatever they said after that is what i would piggy back on.
I mean at the end of the day no one is actually going to go all Sherlock Holmes on you for your height.
But if they did then i guess just tell them the truth if they feel like they really need to know the truth.
Current height: 170,4 cm
Dream height: 183 cm

Dirona

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »

Puru,your story is awesome..I guess you are a Software Engineer where height doesn't matter much..But I guess if you have a career in Sales/Marketing/Business Development,it might play a role..I am at 166 cm which is like the tipping point (I do not want to be Kevin Hart :P)..
Taking it easy

Dirona

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »

As far as success with women goes, it is a complex interplay of increased height, confidence and other subconscious factors ..I want to be 5 feet 8 inches, but I am afraid it might not happen soon..
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »

I want to be five feet six . I think its a good height for a female. Do you guys think my life will change drastically going from short to average height?
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Dirona

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:42 PM »

That would depend on what you want after being average height..
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »

Being treated with respect. Being taken seriously. More opportunities in regards to employment etc.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Dirona

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:25 PM »

You will definitely be taken seriously if you are average height than being short..It also depends on your abilities as well..If you are a tall dumb man/woman, no height increase will help you ..But yes, if you are really good in your field, then height increase (being average height) will help..
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 10:52:00 PM »

Yea that's what I want to do it. To be taken seriously. Im really scared. Im a short girl and I feel like the doctors will judge me for being so short and doing CLL.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »

Because of my height I always have a hard time with people treating me fairly. I have had hard time keepings jobs. I think having a height increase might help me keep jobs. ANd open more doors of opportunity. What about you..what are you hoping to gain after CLL.

Dirona

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »

I think it will improve my success as I want to get into Management and success with women...
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 11:08:33 PM »

I think the same too. I think once my looks change it would help me in the dating department also. I was thinking of going with Dro. Giotikas. What about you? Which doctor have you considered?

Dirona

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 08:16:59 AM »

I don't have any concrete plans yet
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »

I am re thinking my choice with Dr. Giotikas and im now thinking Dr. Guichet or Dr. Gdlavitch.

Dirona

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2018, 10:44:49 PM »

Please PM me and we can discuss that.Let us make this thread germane only to measuring life post LL
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 12:05:01 AM »

Are you referring to me?

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 06:20:04 AM »

1. Self Confidence- Much better. I was barely 5ft before the surgery and would always feel odd looking. It didn't help that my height would be the first thing a large number of people mentioned. I would also get hurtful but innocuous questions from children and on occasion adults asking if I was a midget. Even though I wasn't technically the comments hurt. Now I can go out and feel like I'm just an indistinct schmuck like everyone else.
2. Career- In school
3. Recovery: Hard to gauge. I was never that athletic before the surgery, and I didn't try to do anything until I got the rods out. I had a Left Rotational Osteotomy to fix bowing in my left leg, so I haven't been able to exercise much lately outside of swimming which feels great.
4. Success With women: I am still fairly shy, but I am working on it. The shyness was developed when I was shorter and old habits die hard. I knew this surgery would make it easier for me with dating, but my primary goal was to reach a height closer to normal.
5. Regrets-  I don't have any regrets. This surgery allowed me to feel like I was in control of my growth for the first time in my life. I regret that it was necessary, and I wish I had been able to reach this height without surgery but for whatever reason the Growth Hormone I took to treat my deficiency never really helped me grow as much as my parents, and I thought. Whether this was due to the doctor underdosing me or just my body not metabolizing as much as it should have, I don't know. It's water under the bridge now. I have lost flexibility, but that's a small price to pay.
6. The reaction of Family- My parents, helped me find Paley who we were initially planning on doing corrections for the bowing in my legs. When we heard about CLL, we were sold. They helped me throughout the, and I couldn't have done it without them. We also got to spend a lot of time together which was nice.  As far as I know, it's common knowledge in my family that I did this surgery. Everyone was very supportive, and understanding of why I would want to do this operation.  My friends at school understood as well.

I feel like overall the Surgery went about as well as it could go for me.

Dirona

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 05:51:46 AM »

Yup
Taking it easy

wants2growtaller

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 07:16:53 AM »

I will pm you now.

notatroll

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »

I don't mind if I'm some cm taller. This surgery ruined my life and many others' I met. Stay away from the Spanish surgeon.

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2018, 05:00:56 AM »

I did LL last year, went from 5'1.5 to 5'4.

1.Self Confidence - definitely more confident when going out now. Before LL I was always conscious about my height when in public, now a lot less so. Not to say I'm a social butterfly now but social gatherings are much easier for me now. 

2.Career(Perception as a Leader or a Manager within a company) - I'm a software developer which is one of the few fields where it's really all about how good you are so height doesn't matter at all.

3.Recovery - Consolidation was a bit slow but I'm all back to normal now after a year.

4.Success with women - Even though I really got the short change with height, fortunately I was blessed with above average looks so have had success with women. But after the LL, more girls have shown an interest but I havn't really had a desire to pursue as I still want to do LL one more time on my tibia and finish my journey, can't have any distractions until then.

5.Regret of doing LL(Time,Money,Enduring pain etc) - only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

6.Reaction of family, friends and relatives. I only told my family who was supportive, alot of people around my height have noticed a difference where as those who were much taller didn't. The ladies have definitely noticed, said I look different and better looking somehow haha.

tallertree

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2018, 11:59:30 AM »

I went from 162cm to 170cm.

Im one of those guys with average to slightly below average looks so i have not really noticed any difference when it comes to attention from girls. Fact of the matter is that im still "short" and combined with not so good looks its not a recipe for attention from the opposite sxx. However, since i have become taller my confidence has been boosted and this will probably lead to me creating more attention from girls.

So, if you are below average in looks you will likely not experience more attention from girls all of the sudden. Think carefully if this surgery is what you need. I was a very athletic person before LL so right now it feels i have traded my athletic ability for height and im not completely sure if it was worth it(i did 9cm wich is quite alot for one segment). With that said, i dont regret doing LL.

Its been 7 months since i had the surgery and i can walk normal now. My athletic ability will probably recover with time so there is still hope.

Simply dont have to high expectations.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up