Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibia with Dr.Muharrem INAN & Afa in Turkey February/2021  (Read 1465 times)

Leopard

• Visitor
LON Tibia with Dr.Muharrem INAN & Afa in Turkey February/2021
« on: October 19, 2021, 04:20:04 PM »

Hello everyone, first of all I don't know English, please understand. I hope that Google Translate can express exactly what I want to express.
I have finished tibia lon for about 8 months. I have been waiting for the bones to grow before sharing my process. I am recovering better now, because I am young, so my bones grow quickly. Most of the athletic ability has been restored. So come and share my experience. I came to Dr. Inan through the AFA team. My calf has been extended by 5.2 cm. My original height was about 1.66 and now it is a little more than 171.
Here are a few of my xrays, I will slowly post about my recovery process.
https://imgur.com/a/zLKil8n

I chose lon because I wanted to recover sooner, and because I was still a student. Can't make up the money for precice.
I have no regrets choosing lon because I feel that I have recovered quite well, and I think that I have recovered so well because the afa physiotherapy is really good. When I went to AFA to see Dr. Inan for the operation, although the team didn't have many patients, I didn't feel lonely. Because we received physical therapy five days a week, there have been caretakers and physical therapists by your side every day. When I was hospitalized, there was also a caregiver arranged by AFA to accompany me for 24 hours in hospital. My biggest difficulty after the operation was that I was infected and was taken under control by the team later. In fact, people who do external devices will encounter the problem of infection. Some will only be infected once, and some will be infected several times. As long as it does not worsen, it does not become serious it is ok. Or, like me, I got infected once and lasted for a while. The AFA team provides dressing change services, and I did not care about it myself. Because Dr. Inan is more conservative in the prolongation ratio, AFA is also focused on safety and recovery, and the doctor does not allow the patient to lengthen too much. The Afa physiotherapist said that I am very young and do not want to see my loss of athletic ability and muscle elasticity. It was always recommended that I stop at 5 to 5.5 cm at most. At the beginning, my goal was to reach 7 cm, so I didn't want to accept their proposal, just felt that the extension was too little. But they were right to do so, and now they also realize that one centimeter extension will not make any obvious changes to me, but will make my recovery significantly worse. So fortunately listening to them. At the moment, I am only dissatisfied with my scars, and everything else is fine. There were no other complications.
For scars, wait for the needle to be taken and see how to solve it with laser. In fact despite the big scars, it's okay for men to do lon.

Thehighest

Re: LON Tibia with Dr.Muharrem INAN & Afa in Turkey February/2021
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »

Would you recommend dr Inan?

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 04:37:38 PM »

I would recommend it because including me, all the people who came to him for surgery after seeing my recovery was very good. He did a good job of calf LON.

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »

This is my x-ray taken yesterday, and it has been exactly eight months after the operation. took photo on the computer screen
https://imgur.com/a/ekUrUG8

more

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 07:21:20 PM »

Another scam from Turkey . Be careful future LLs.

RedApple

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 11:03:54 PM »

Another scam from Turkey . Be careful future LLs.
Do you have any experience or knowledge about this surgeon to comment in this way? I personally know the person who created this post and he recovered very quickly. I also operated on this surgeon and he is a very professional surgeon. If you have an experience or someone you know has experience or if you have knowledge, of course you can comment. But if you don't have any knowledge or experience, it makes you look like an id.iot.

Bob

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 05:45:26 PM »

I would recommend it because including me, all the people who came to him for surgery after seeing my recovery was very good. He did a good job of calf LON.

Does Doctor Inan use blocking screws to prevent deformity?

Good luck to you.

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 06:22:57 PM »

Does Doctor Inan use blocking screws to prevent deformity?

Good luck to you.
Which blocking screws ?

Bob

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 07:53:32 PM »

Which blocking screws ?

From: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4858.0

I suspect that many people in this forum may underestimate the risk of malalignment.

As shown in these paper, the use of blocking screws is important for the prevention of malalignment in intramedullary nail surgery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5069203/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7376586/

Deformation may occur when there is only an intramedullary nail and no blocking screw.

I suffered from malalignment after leg lengthening, so I want many people to know the importance of blocking screws.

Dash

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 04:52:45 PM »

How much is total cost for LL and what including in.

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 07:02:09 PM »

How much is total cost for LL and what including in.
Prices were a little lower when I had the surgery. Now 15000 euro I think, including all the physiotherapy,dressing,consultation,medicine and removal fixator surgery. I paid for the hotel, meals and 4 xrays myself.

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 07:17:02 PM »

My physical condition at 8 months after surgery.
https://imgur.com/a/LuX7WbB

willgettaller

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 12:56:03 AM »

wow man, that's a fantastic recovery. How old are you btw? You had a fast bone-union maybe that's why also. It's rare to see people climbing stairs in that short time in post op process. I just got a question mark here which i have always been curios about, some surgeons prefer planting 3 pins in each, and 12 pins in total to the monorail ? Did your surgeon explained why ?

Charliebetaller

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 01:04:30 AM »

Wow, you run very well.
Can you post some photos of the scars?
I dont really care about the pain, but i really care about scars😂

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2021, 08:26:45 PM »

Wow, you run very well.
Can you post some photos of the scars?
I dont really care about the pain, but i really care about scars😂

my scars too ugly    :-\

https://imgur.com/a/uJBEn8f

Charliebetaller

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 01:33:28 AM »

I have the very similar situation. I'm 167cm and want to do 5-5.5 with LON on tibia.
Do you have the knee pain problem?
I heard that about 25% people have permanent knee pain problem because the inserted nail

Leopard

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 10:43:43 PM »

I have the very similar situation. I'm 167cm and want to do 5-5.5 with LON on tibia.
Do you have the knee pain problem?
I heard that about 25% people have permanent knee pain problem because the inserted nail

i do not have knee pain for any normal moves , walking , going upstairs and i walk too much. But maybe when i jump and skate i felt a little pain only
Pages: [1]   Go Up