Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019  (Read 50544 times)

AppleFanBoy

Re: Dr. Giotikas - external tibia/Stryde - Diary 2018/2019
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2020, 02:50:34 PM »

Hey Great321, please check your PM. I have a couple question regarding Giotikas as I’m planning to go soon!

Great321

« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2020, 12:35:19 PM »

Update - 21.09.2020 - 1 year after LATN surgery - 2 years after external surgery

X-rays

Front view both legs: https://i.imgur.com/VllXamn.jpg
Side view both legs: https://i.imgur.com/slQoiKr.jpg

left side COMPARISON (02/20 vs. 09/20): https://i.imgur.com/FVfBuzo.jpg
right side COMPARISON (02/20 vs. 09/20): https://i.imgur.com/T5dsCKL.jpg

German doctor's evaluation of my X-rays (in German): https://i.imgur.com/ANYoyc5.jpg
--> summary: everything looks fine

If Corona allows it, I want to get the nails removed by next year because they still bother me from time to time. I live a normal life except for not kneeling on hard surfaces or walking for more than 6km (because my legs get quite tired/warm if I walk too much), haven't tried running, of course I can jog for a bit but I feel like the nails will cause pain then.

What do you feel are the pros and cons of these two options:

1. Getting external tibias an then getting an elaborate tatoo over it to cover the scars

2. Getting internals for tibias

Thanks!

a. In other words, I am wondering if tattoos can really 100% hide the tibia scars and also I'm wondering if external tibias have health risks which are greater than the internal risks for tibias

b. The other issue that crossed my mind was that if externals are miserable and will result in less leg lengthening in practice because people hate external frames/will try to stop lengthenign sooner than if they had internals

Internals for tibias will leave scars too but of course not as many. I have been outside with my legs full of scars and told everyone that I had an accident that I don't want to talk about. Everyone (relatives, old and new friends accepted this). Most people don't even ask, they just briefly look at them. I want to go to a cosmetic surgeon in Germany and ask about my possibilities to remove the scars by surgery. After that there might be options like permanent make up that I want to look into. I'm not a fan of tattoos on my legs. In the end I can accept some scars.

Any scar can be spotted under a tattoo if someone looks very closely but from afar not really. I think external tibias is the safest option out there. I would try it, if problems occur like too much pain or slow bone growth, you can still get LATN. (Still if you can afford Stryde, that might be better)

My reason why I had stopped lengthening in the very beginning was due to my fear of getting too much ballerina. Now I wish that I had lengthened about 5,3cm and changed to LATN afterwards.

Hey Great321, please check your PM. I have a couple question regarding Giotikas as I’m planning to go soon!

Done
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:56:21 PM by Great321 »

Movie

« Reply #343 on: September 21, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »

Bone shapped up back pretty good there, congrats man.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #344 on: September 21, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »

So 2 years for 5cm? Seems awfully long

Still planning on stryde Femurs now? Thank it'll be good for ya
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Great321

« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2020, 11:33:45 PM »

Bone shapped up back pretty good there, congrats man.

Thanks, Movie! Appreciate it :)

So 2 years for 5cm? Seems awfully long

Still planning on stryde Femurs now? Thank it'll be good for ya

Technically I have been on my feet since the LATN surgery a year ago which means 1 year for about 5cm. And yes, it was awfully long and I'm not back to 100% but it was still worth it for me. Well, I don't know. I need to 1. see how my knee situation will develop after nail removal 2. I would only want to add about 4cm since it would look weird proportion wise, if it's still this expensive in more than 10 years then most likely no (depending on my financial situation too). I'm convinced that I can be happy with what I have now plus 2-3cm lifts. I have been around people and my new height felt better already.

Great321

« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2021, 08:37:52 AM »

Little update: My nails have been removed in May and April 2021 by Dr. Köhne (I wanted to do it with Dr. Giotikas but because of Covid my flights had been cancelled) Luckily the nail removal was paid through my health insurance. If I had done it in Greece I would have had to pay it myself.

The recovery in general after those surgeries (one leg after the other) was surprisingly quick. I was able to walk within days without much pain (of course not completely normal). In the beginning I was a bit afraid as using the stairs wasn't easy and hurtful for my ankles but that disappeared! Some areas around my left ankle and knee felt numb but that too disappeared after a while.

For a few months I suffered with knee pain on my right knee but the second I got insoles for my shoes because I always had those splayfeet long before my leg lengthening the knee pain disappeared and I had thought that it's because of the nail removal... well that was stupid to not have tried the insoles a lot earlier

I still haven't tried to run as I did before the Leg Lengthening Surgery, also I haven't gone for a very long walk since the nail removal surgery. So I still have to try those things out.

What I know is that I can walk painlessly and with a complete normal gaze, I can walk quickly.
I can jump.
I can kneel on soft grounds like my mattress or the carpet etc. (still I didn't exercise that a lot and want to because the knees are still a bit sensitive, haven't tried the hard surfaces yet)
I can squat normally but didn't practice that a lot so far.
I'm not in pain.

What I might not be able to do: Climbing (where you need your knees for support while putting them on hard surfaces)

I will update you sometime when I tried more.

Great321

« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »

Something I want to add. For me I do not regret this surgery for a day. Even though it's just a few cms more I feel a lot more confident. Because of Corona I couldn't get to know a lot of women but right now there is one who really likes me even though she has a complete different type (men who are a lot taller for example). I'm just a little bit taller than her but I'm sure that my chances would have been less before my LL. I don't even have any visible muscles and am rather skinny so far but my new height and my personality are my advantages. I started to hit the gym again so I think I can optimize my chances even more.

Also on a professional level I feel more confident thinking about my future job and not being the smallest in the room.

Arcon

« Reply #348 on: November 04, 2021, 04:22:39 AM »

Congratulations Bro, well deserved!

SpeedDialer

« Reply #349 on: November 04, 2021, 05:47:37 AM »

"I wanted to do it with Dr. Giotikas but because of Covid my flights had been cancelled"

ty!!!! Covid is causing cancelled flights to Greece nowadays? What is the situation like?

HeightGain

« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2021, 11:55:28 AM »

Great to hear you're recovering well. How about the scars, are they ok?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up