Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I dont care about aesthetics, i just care about the athletic privilege of...  (Read 905 times)

Iso9

...longer legs

There are almost Zero Sports who favour short legs

doing Muay thai with short legs sucks, any enemy with Long legs will have a extremly unfair Advantage despite the fact that you may be Training even 10 times harder than him
temp banned for posting irrelevant topic in wrong section

wants2growtaller

Thats not true. there are tons of sports where its advantage to be short. For example gymnastics. Simone biles is four feet 8 and she is multiple gold medalist.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

The loss of explosiveness and change in gait after cosmetic lengthening really negates any athletic advantages that longer legs have in sports.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

The advantage is since after LL your head is higher you're less likely to get kicked in the head.

But you're kind of right about long legs being an unfair advantage.

Johnson1111

The advantage is since after LL your head is higher you're less likely to get kicked in the head.

But you're kind of right about long legs being an unfair advantage.

I someone can kick you in the head and knock you out at 5'8", they're gonna be able to do it at 5'10" too.

Body Builder

LL gives no athletic advantage.
On the contrast, it makes your athletic abilities worse (from alittle to too much) than before doing it, although your legs are taller.

LL is only for looks. For nothing else.

Johnson1111

Then go get LL. I don't know what you want us to tell you.

edwardv6

Forget that there's zero advantage, you have to deal with the mental aspect of having someone constantly chopping at your once broken legs with theirs and vice versa. Lesser injuries have caused athletes' careers to end or they are never the same when they return, physically and mentally.

banned for flaming/hostility

I someone can kick you in the head and knock you out at 5'8", they're gonna be able to do it at 5'10" too.

It's definitely not same. The higher the target,  the harder the kick is to do, the less likely of the kick hitting successfully. Also higher target requires more time for the kick to travel to the target, thus gives us more time to react to the kick.

Also, have a lot to do with the size of the kicker and the target. For example, not much difference for a 6'7" guy to kick the head of 5'6" guy and 5'8" guy. But for a 5'6" guy to kick another 5'6" guy and 5'8" guy, the difference will be more real.

edwardv6

It's definitely not same. The higher the target,  the harder the kick is to do, the less likely of the kick hitting successfully. Also higher target requires more time for the kick to travel to the target, thus gives us more time to react to the kick.

Also, have a lot to do with the size of the kicker and the target. For example, not much difference for a 6'7" guy to kick the head of 5'6" guy and 5'8" guy. But for a 5'6" guy to kick another 5'6" guy and 5'8" guy, the difference will be more real.
Maybe in theory...if your opponent never moves, none of that matters in practice, nobody is game planning with any of that in mind. If it were true people wouldn't waste their time feeling out their opponents in opening rounds, using jabs to gauge distance, figuring out how to close distance, etc.
banned for flaming/hostility
Pages: [1]   Go Up