Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think it would be wise to sacrifice a little athletic functions for height  (Read 1163 times)

In response to the recent threads concerning possible loss of athletic functions after LL procedure, I have a few things that I'd like to say.

I'm a devoted martial artist. It's very important for me, but looking physically/aesthetically flawed and being sexually unworthy due to my height isn't something I can live with either. Sometimes, I ask myself, what should I do? Let's take a deep breath and reflect.

First, suppose I did LL and lose 3-5% of my legs' athletic functions and have to face a 6'5" jacked boxer like Anthony Joshua in a streetfight. The thing is I'm already short in the first place, LL or not, I'm at a huge disadvantage regardless. Does it even matter whether my legs are at 100% of its functions or only 96%? I believe that luck, accuracy, mind power, technique will play a lot bigger roles in that situation.

Secondly, if we get into a fight twice a year, that'd probably be considered quite often. But with height, we benefit from it every time we meet people which is basically every single day. However, 2 extra inches can make a massive difference in terms of height statistically.

I believe Rickson Gracie's win here doesn't have anything to do with brute force.

The bonus is we might have the advantage of less likely getting kicked in the head after LL as I said.

TallerDream

Go for it... being short sucks so much.. it literally affects your life and your happiness. I am on my 20s which is supposed to be the best phase of your life but have accepted at this stature I will not be able to live life to the fullest

Go for it... being short sucks so much.. it literally affects your life and your happiness. I am on my 20s which is supposed to be the best phase of your life but have accepted at this stature I will not be able to live life to the fullest

So when do you go for LL?

edwardv6

First, suppose I did LL and lose 3-5% of my legs' athletic functions and have to face a 6'5" jacked boxer like Anthony Joshua in a streetfight. The thing is I'm already short in the first place, LL or not, I'm at a huge disadvantage regardless. Does it even matter whether my legs are at 100% of its functions or only 96%? I believe that luck, accuracy, mind power, technique will play a lot bigger roles in that situation.
Wishful thinking, what if you lose far more than 3-5%?
In a street fight anything goes and your best option is to remove yourself from the situation. What are you going to do against someone with a gun?

Secondly, if we get into a fight twice a year, that'd probably be considered quite often. But with height, we benefit from it every time we meet people which is basically every single day. However, 2 extra inches can make a massive difference in terms of height statistically.

I believe Rickson Gracie's win here doesn't have anything to do with brute force.

The bonus is we might have the advantage of less likely getting kicked in the head after LL as I said.

1. Ancient fight footage - MMA has come a long way since
2. David Levicki is a fuxxing can with a record of 1 win 3 losses, in his prime he'll probably get slept quicker by today's featherweights
3. I already explained how 2 inches doesn't mean very much in a fight in another thread. If you actually follow any combat sports you'll see people taller and shorter than their competition get beat on the regular. All UFC champions are currently under 6' tall.
4. I'll go ahead and give you some more real life fighting scenarios, not theoretic ones like you make up:
- Having 2 extra inches of height will mean fuxk all if you fight with a low stance.
- Let's say you have 6 inches of height advantage, your opponent decides to fight in a low stance, now you have to lean forward and lean in to reach them, making you work harder to close distance while leaving you more exposed to counters.
- If you want to fight in tall stance, your opponent can work your body until you drop down lower to protect the body.
- Shorter people have a lower center of gravity, if you get taken down, have fun trying to get back up with LL legs.
- Styles make fights, you think being taller means anything if your style matches up bad against your opponent? This isn't some fantasy world where you think you can adapt to everything your opponent throws at you.
banned for flaming/hostility

Sanity

if all tht ur loosing is athletic abilities in trade of for height then ofc height is better. but thats not the case always with some.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

myloginacc

You're within the standard deviation of height, and taller or as tall as most women. Go live your life.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

TallerDream

You're within the standard deviation of height, and taller or as tall as most women. Go live your life.

Thanks for the incentive man but I have already made up my mind, I am not happy with my height, I want to be taller. I just envy the taller guys and hate how women consider me less attractive and perceive me as less masculine than them. Plus, I have got short legs and figure I would look more aesthetic with longer legs. My goal is 6'0-6'1, I know I could probably still make it in life in terms of conquering everything I want, from great feats in my career to have a smoking hot woman by my side but sometimes it just seems too far-fetched and I feel my height is the only thing undermining myself as far as attractiveness goes. I can be in shape, have a good looking face and broad shoulders but I'm kinda short. I used to be more attracted to short women with thick thigs, small waist and big bums but now I'm more into the taller girls (say between 5'6-5'10) and I can't seem to attract those, I don't feel big enough. I have thought of moving to another country because here in the UK girls can be quite hypocritical and petty when choosing their partner whereas in a country like Brazil I could probably fk a different girl every week. Maybe I am just fking insecure but I feel like I don't want to ever give a reason for a girl to reject me, it seems like I am overprotective of my ego. I don't want to have a single flaw, I want to have a good looking face, nice beard, nice skin, muscle and low bodyfat on point, be tall or above average, money and status.

Grow3inchesquestions

isn't anthony 6'6" or at least 6'5.75"

TallerDream

So when do you go for LL?

only now I noticed your question lol. I have no idea yet, for now I only dream about it because I don't have enough money.

Sanity

only now I noticed your question lol. I have no idea yet, for now I only dream about it because I don't have enough money.
u can get it done for under 20k in many countries.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

myloginacc

Thanks for the incentive man but I have already made up my mind, I am not happy with my height, I want to be taller. I just envy the taller guys and hate how women consider me less attractive and perceive me as less masculine than them. Plus, I have got short legs and figure I would look more aesthetic with longer legs. My goal is 6'0-6'1, I know I could probably still make it in life in terms of conquering everything I want, from great feats in my career to have a smoking hot woman by my side but sometimes it just seems too far-fetched and I feel my height is the only thing undermining myself as far as attractiveness goes. I can be in shape, have a good looking face and broad shoulders but I'm kinda short. I used to be more attracted to short women with thick thigs, small waist and big bums but now I'm more into the taller girls (say between 5'6-5'10) and I can't seem to attract those, I don't feel big enough. I have thought of moving to another country because here in the UK girls can be quite hypocritical and petty when choosing their partner whereas in a country like Brazil I could probably fk a different girl every week. Maybe I am just fking insecure but I feel like I don't want to ever give a reason for a girl to reject me, it seems like I am overprotective of my ego. I don't want to have a single flaw, I want to have a good looking face, nice beard, nice skin, muscle and low bodyfat on point, be tall or above average, money and status.

All I'm saying is to not let those thoughts get in your head. Something like you can't live your life until you get this surgery. That's definitely an excuse if you're average-ish in height for where you live. You can still plan for the surgery (if you really must do it) while not letting those thoughts stop you from living.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

TallerDream

All I'm saying is to not let those thoughts get in your head. Something like you can't live your life until you get this surgery. That's definitely an excuse if you're average-ish in height for where you live. You can still plan for the surgery (if you really must do it) while not letting those thoughts stop you from living.

exactly man, I agree with you, I am living my life, trying to sort out my career, fulfill my ambitions and whatnot but it's tough.. years are passing by and we all wanna be taller today, not years from now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up