Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being short sucks  (Read 529 times)

wants2growtaller

Being short sucks
« on: November 02, 2018, 07:03:16 AM »

if anyone tells you that being short is great..its not! Like i said there are NO advantages of having a short stature. Im a short female of color. And I have an extremely hard life. I had an eating disorder growing up. My parents were negligence towards me and abusive. Meaning that they didnt teach me any life skills that included how to take good care of my body. i wasnt taught things like basic hygiene, eating properly, sleep schedule. I wasnt  taught how to love myself and I wasnt taught right from wrong. In addition, I was never disciplined for anything. They were com pletely enablers. It didnt help much because I internalize their abusive behaviours and developled an eating disorder..and had problems with self hatred. and not being able to make good life decisions. As a result i stunted my growth. N ow im a short woman its been hell. i face heightism, racism and mental health stigma on a regular basis. When I was younger I never had any problems with any sort of prejudice. My life was okay until about ten years ago. And in the past ten years I have been fired over thriteen times, no matter if I do excellent work. As a short woman, people with authorities dont take me seriously. I am often ignored or dismissed. My sister and nephew treats me like a child. I asked my sister to not treat me child like and she refused. It took my nephew a long time to be able to call me aunty. And I exepreinced trauma on a continuous basis. I am thinkin of limb lengthening as a way out but which doctor would be kind enough to allow to do limb lengthening on someone as short stature. One thing I come to realize that no matter the honourable profession.. prejudice exists everywhere. Some fate are worst than death and being short is one of them.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Ascending

Re: Being short sucks
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

if anyone tells you that being short is great..its not! Like i said there are NO advantages of having a short stature. Im a short female of color. And I have an extremely hard life. I had an eating disorder growing up. My parents were negligence towards me and abusive. Meaning that they didnt teach me any life skills that included how to take good care of my body. i wasnt taught things like basic hygiene, eating properly, sleep schedule. I wasnt  taught how to love myself and I wasnt taught right from wrong. In addition, I was never disciplined for anything. They were com pletely enablers. It didnt help much because I internalize their abusive behaviours and developled an eating disorder..and had problems with self hatred. and not being able to make good life decisions. As a result i stunted my growth. N ow im a short woman its been hell. i face heightism, racism and mental health stigma on a regular basis. When I was younger I never had any problems with any sort of prejudice. My life was okay until about ten years ago. And in the past ten years I have been fired over thriteen times, no matter if I do excellent work. As a short woman, people with authorities dont take me seriously. I am often ignored or dismissed. My sister and nephew treats me like a child. I asked my sister to not treat me child like and she refused. It took my nephew a long time to be able to call me aunty. And I exepreinced trauma on a continuous basis. I am thinkin of limb lengthening as a way out but which doctor would be kind enough to allow to do limb lengthening on someone as short stature. One thing I come to realize that no matter the honourable profession.. prejudice exists everywhere. Some fate are worst than death and being short is one of them.

Hi Wants2growtaller,  I am really sorry to hear of about the difficulties you faced in life.  It is great that you are still strong willed and determined despite your setbacks.  Have you considered getting some assertiveness training?  There is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive and it can help overcome issues like not being taken seriously.  I had the pleasure of befriending an Asian woman this year that despite being 4'11 is one of the most assertive and confident women I have met.  People do take her seriously and she is quite successful.  Some of that assertiveness is just from voice projection alone.  I think that instead of focusing on prejudice and negatives, throw yourself at self improvement.  Get physically and mentally fit, become more assertive but not aggressive.  You certainly come across as intelligent but I think if you were fired from 13 jobs in 10 years then perhaps some introspection is needed.  Leg lengthening surgery is very challenging even when things go very well - it is as much about the inner game as it is about the physical aspects.  Just some friendly advice.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:55:53 PM by Ascending »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 01:07:52 PM »

I suggest everyone to just ignore OP and her posts or comments until she will go away.
Same suggestion to people to ignore Iso9. Both are extremely mentally disturbed
I learned some stuff during this time

YellowSpike

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »

OP, you don't need LL - you need therapy and/or meds.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »

Hi Wants2growtaller,  I am really sorry to hear of about the difficulties you faced in life.  It is great that you are still strong willed and determined despite your setbacks.  Have you considered getting some assertiveness training?  There is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive and it can help overcome issues like not being taken seriously.  I had the pleasure of befriending an Asian woman this year that despite being 4'11 is one of the most assertive and confident women I have met.  People do take her seriously and she is quite successful.  Some of that assertiveness is just from voice projection alone.  I think that instead of focusing on prejudice and negatives, throw yourself at self improvement.  Get physically and mentally fit, become more assertive but not aggressive.  You certainly come across as intelligent but I think if you were fired from 13 jobs in 10 years then perhaps some introspection is needed.  Leg lengthening surgery is very challenging even when things go very well - it is as much about the inner game as it is about the physical aspects.  Just some friendly advice.

I am very aware of the difficulties of limb lengthening. And i will prepare myself mentally and physically. I do know the difference between agressiveness and assertiveness. And I know thow to self advocate for myself. But it still feels like its not enough. I am intelligent. And I know that it is my looks that is the problem. That is the root cause of why people are treating me badly. I do appreciate your response. You did offer friendly advice and I thank you. I put my story out there so people know what it was like for me a short woman of color. In hopes that people can learn what is going on. i am very aware that limb lengtheing will change who I am. And one of my concerns is that I always thought I was down to earth. And know i will have to figure out how to be down to eart while artifically looking different.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Ascending

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 07:55:55 PM »

I am very aware of the difficulties of limb lengthening. And i will prepare myself mentally and physically. I do know the difference between agressiveness and assertiveness. And I know thow to self advocate for myself. But it still feels like its not enough. I am intelligent. And I know that it is my looks that is the problem. That is the root cause of why people are treating me badly. I do appreciate your response. You did offer friendly advice and I thank you. I put my story out there so people know what it was like for me a short woman of color. In hopes that people can learn what is going on. i am very aware that limb lengtheing will change who I am. And one of my concerns is that I always thought I was down to earth. And know i will have to figure out how to be down to eart while artifically looking different.

An Iranian friend of mine told me an illuminating joke that might help.  A simple man goes to see a Dr.  complaining that his body hurts everywhere.  The Dr asks the man to show him where.  The man touches his head, arms, legs and torso.  After consideration the Dr tells the man that he has a broken finger.  The joke uses metaphors to show how a broken frame of reference can make everything seem broken.  Getting taller will boost your confidence, but I suggest that maybe you need to fix the way you look at the world first - your frame of reference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up