Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i want to do limb lengthening but hesitating because of guilt  (Read 801 times)

BabyBaron

• Visitor
i want to do limb lengthening but hesitating because of guilt
« on: November 02, 2018, 09:44:36 PM »

I plan on doing this surgery in secret, kept from everyone but myself. I'm 5'7 1/2 and I hate it, I wish I was 5'10, I feel lesser to taller men especially when I'm also skinny as hell. It is honestly the only thing right now that makes me depressed about myself appearance wise, I'm content with my face, my body I can change by working out and bulking later on in life, but height is not changeable without surgery. If I were to become 5'10, I would be one of the happiest persons and that alone can tell you that I'm very obsessed with being tall. The only problem with this though is that I will feel like complete   if someone close to me were to find out about my surgery (can't even begin to imagine if my SO were to find out about it), they would look down on me because I'm so insecure, even if they don't know about it, I feel like I would feel guilty everyday for resorting to this kind of surgery because of my insecurities.

Basically I'm doomed mentally if someone were to ever find out about my procedure for limb lengthening.

Sanity

Re: i want to do limb lengthening but hesitating because of guilt
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »

chck ur inbox
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 05:32:38 AM »

Look man people will judge you for everything if it makes you happy go for it. If your friends and Significant other care about you enough they will understand. I would think about talking to your parents first and running it by them. Most people in my life know I had Leg Lengthening and as far as I know, they understood and accepted why.  Although I was starting at barely 5'0 feet, so I imagine people were more understanding of me doing it at that height than they may be if I decided to do it now at 5'3. My opinion on telling a significant other is you don't have to tell them on your first date but if you plan on spending the rest of your life with them, tell them. If you are going to marry this person I think its good to be honest with them. When/If I meet the women who I see as the person I will spend the rest of my life with I will be honest and tell her.  If Leg Lengthening will make you as happy as you say then you should do it. We have a relatively short time on this Earth, and then we are gone. If it dramatically improves your quality of life and you can afford a good doctor do it. Please research before you do the surgery and understand that while you will likely be happy with the results this is a painful surgery and it is important to choose the right doctor.

totallyred

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »

How do you feel after LL. Please tell both physical and mental aspect. Thanks.

Apprehensive Finance

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:38:59 PM »

Starting height. 5'0  Gained: 8cm Final Height: 5'3
How do I feel after Leg Lengthening? Pretty Good
Physically: In terms of day to day activities like walking I feel great. Actually better than before Leg Lengthening but that is because when I removed my rods, I also had a knee rotation to fix my left leg which was extremely bowed. Before the rod removal, I would have an occasional strange feeling in my right leg that wasn't painful just felt odd. My doctor said it would go away after the rods were removed and it did. Grade: A+

Athletic: I put this in a different category because Athletic ability wasn't as important for me as it probably was for most people. Before the surgery I never exercised much so whatever I lost wasn't going to be that noticeable. I have recently taken up swimming, and that feels great. I never ran much before, so I can't really judge how much worse that is. Also, I haven't run much recently since my knee surgery and the rod Removal in June. After the Holidays I will try to start running and see how that goes. So right now I give a Grade of B for my Athletic ability mostly because It wasn't that important for me and swimming feels good so I can still exercise. When I start running again, I may raise the grade or lower it. One thing I wonder is if any of the ability I lost during Leg lengthening can be regained and if going to a gym/trainer could help.

Proportions:  This was the furthest thing from my mind during the Surgery and for a long time until I found this forum this Summer. I think outside of this forum you would have to be really disproportionate for someone to notice and even here there is no universal opinion. Take someone like Apo did way more than anyone should ever do unless they are doing it as someone with really extreme Dwarfism. Physical costs aside from his extreme lengthening its interesting some people here say he looks like a freak, some say ok, others say he looks good. I think unless someone goes way too far I don't think anyone would notice because people are proportioned differently. You could take ten people the same height, and they all may have different proportions. I think my proportions are ok. I have asked a few people, and they said I look proportionate. One day soon I will post a picture and ask for this forums opinions about my proportions. But the truth is even if I am disproportionate( which I don't think I am) I feel like I look much better now. I think I was short enough before that with the Lengthening I look more normal even if my proportions aren't as good. I recently saw a picture at my High school graduation, and I couldn't even recognize myself. I am very happy I did the surgery because in that picture I looked really short. Grade: B+ may go up or down after I get some feedback.
Mentally: This is the part that had the most appreciable benefit for me. Before the surgery, I was barely 5'0, and I would occasionally get comments from children and even adults on my height. Most people here aren't as short as I was before the surgergy, so they luckily haven't dealt with this but having children point at you and call you "midget" (even though I was tall enough to before the surgery to not be included in that category which I believe is if you are below 4'10 or 4'11)  really feels awful and led me to having anxiety when I would go out . Now after the surgery I feel way less anxiety. with some discrete height increasing insoles I feel normal when I go out. Now I go out, and no one gives me a second glance. I am an anonymous schmuck like everyone else, and that was the main reason I did the surgery.  Grade: A+
Overall: I would give the Surgery an A. I feel great an I am very happy I did this surgery. Even though I am still short, I feel like I am where I would be had I not had Growth Hormone Deficiency and I think I look much better. I feel like the benefits were worth whatever I lost in terms of athletic ability. But considering I was shorter than most before the Surgery and I probably would have given a passing grade unless I had something terrible happen. Although I still wear lifts the only thing I plan to have done now is to fix the bowing on my Right Leg and get on with my life.

Sanity

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 08:01:59 AM »

hey man
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

d123123asd

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »

brother, you only live once, every decision you take on your life whether it's beneficial for you or not is judged by people, a surgery like this is completely chosen based on your own experiences, even if you tried to explain and convey to them the reason why you did it, most of them wouldn't concur. People will judge you if you have a nose job, dye your hair or hell, even if you drive an expensive car! What I suggest you is to be mentally strong and don't give a **** about others opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up