Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone not care about torso length or SH?  (Read 11353 times)

Morgenst.

Anyone not care about torso length or SH?
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »

I know it's always been one of the deciding factor of how much to lengthen for a lot of guys but anyone not give a  ? There's people with naturally longer legs than torsos aren't there? Is that huge a deal that two guys at 5'8 have different sitting heights? I think I could deal with people who were born my achieved height being an inch or two taller than me when sitting down I don't think that's gonna discourage me at all to hit my marks, isn't arm span more important?

Morgenst.

Re: Anyone not care about torso length or SH?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 08:57:12 PM »

I should add I mean non insane goals btw not an Apo type thing my sitting heights 84 at achieved goal of 5'8 dont think that'd be as terrible as him

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »

as long as you try to stay close to the mean then you are fine. research standard deviations for leg length at a given height and then try to aim for something reasonable :)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 11:43:23 PM »

I don't care about torso length or SH.  I think Apo looks a little weird to the critical eye but the average person probably doesn't think he looks weird at all.

You're right about everyone being a little different.  Some people get lots of height from their legs, others not so much.  Conan O'Brien is a notable naturally occurring long-legged person.

Morgenst.

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:14:18 AM »

Exactly think anyone who isn't even aware of LL doesn't funk face about proportions or SH I'm sure some of your friends who know about it might make a joke or two time to time but to an average joe I don't think they'd harass you about why you're their height standing but not sitting.. Seems a lotta guys on here feel limited to their SH and that's a fkin shame in my opinion.

Morgenst.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:26:59 AM »

Overdozer

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:12:03 AM »

Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:46 AM »

Substantial difference in head size, however.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Taller

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »

I wonder if there really is that much variation between The sitting heights of males of the same height. I see tons of variation in both arm span and sitting height for black people of the same standing height, but I don't notice much variation for the other races to be awesome. What do you all observe regarding proportional variations in your day to day lives?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 06:06:06 AM »

Substantial difference in head size, however.

yeah, although interestingly, the head width is almost the same between them, his head is mainly just a lot longer due to his jaw

Bruno Mars

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »

Lengthen more than 10 cm and you're fked considering you have a normal proportion like everyone else. Some guys even try to measure their sitting heights to the mms, lol. What a bunch of pathetic losers. You will make a decision during the lengthening period. Look at yourself in the mirror and decide for yourself. If you look good, you look good. If not, call it a day!

Shor7Guy

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »

Torso Length is more important without clothes, clothes on torso length barely matters unless extreme. Also head size varies in width and length although not much: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Human/Human_sizes.html

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

Torso Length is more important without clothes, clothes on torso length barely matters unless extreme. Also head size varies in width and length although not much: http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Human/Human_sizes.html

exactly. very smart comment here.

its not a simple yes or no answer. the truth is there are 2 components to this question, how good do you loo when you have no clothes on, and how good do you look when you have clothes on.

as you begin to lengthen in extremes you will first look bad with no clothes on, followed by looking bad with clothes on if you continue to lengthen.

I find it important to look good while nked. and by nked I mean at the beach or in bed or the change rooms.

Shor7Guy

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »

exactly. very smart comment here.

its not a simple yes or no answer. the truth is there are 2 components to this question, how good do you loo when you have no clothes on, and how good do you look when you have clothes on.

as you begin to lengthen in extremes you will first look bad with no clothes on, followed by looking bad with clothes on if you continue to lengthen.

I find it important to look good while nked. and by nked I mean at the beach or in bed or the change rooms.

this will put things into perspective: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=53.0

Uppland

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »

Yeesh most of them look horrible. Even the first guy who only did 5.5 cm appear disgusting. Can anyone confirm if the end result is this bad?
 Maybe his proportions are more fragile as he was short to begin with?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 11:03:59 PM »

Yeesh most of them look horrible. Even the first guy who only did 5.5 cm appear disgusting. Can anyone confirm if the end result is this bad?
 Maybe his proportions are more fragile as he was short to begin with?

I think a big reason why it looks bad in some of the cases is because of muscle atrophy, i look slightly weird now with only underwear because my thighs are significantly thinner, but its easy for me to recognize that it will look completely normal when i regain that muscle mass. Although i only did 4.3 cm

Uppland

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 11:30:53 PM »

Feel like longer tibia give off a more "manly" impression while the opposite can be said for femur anyone agree?

Watched myself in the mirror and I actually think I look kind of weird so maybe it's all in my head.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »

Feel like longer tibia give off a more "manly" impression while the opposite can be said for femur anyone agree?

Watched myself in the mirror and I actually think I look kind of weird so maybe it's all in my head.

I agree that a longer tibia looks more manly, with longer femurs it makes the person look kind of clumsy because of the low knees and might make a person seem shorter than he is.

Morgenst.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 12:52:51 AM »

Agreed I hate how small tibias and long femurs look on anyone although females can sometimes pull it off. To me equal femurs to tibias is the perfect aesthetically pleasing look however I know that's bad for several reasons so i decided to do my femurs whenever possible after my tibias. As far as torso length I don't think matters at all on clothes unless you go to extremes like your legs being over 65 percent of your height out of clothes is trickier but overall if you broaden your shoulders and get a strong upper body instead of being skinny you won't call any attention to yourself at the beach

Shor7Guy

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:35 AM »

My 6 foot 3 friend has long tibias short femur medium torso/sitting height and it definitely looks very manly, probably ideal. It's a shame tibia is limited to 5cm before safety goes down and athletic abilities  :'(

Taller

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:44 AM »

Would you happen to know what his sitting height is? Mine is 96CM and I dream of being able to proportionally and aesthetically pull off a height between 6' and 6'3 (183-190CM). My arm span is 185 or 186CM.

Morgenst.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:53 AM »

Would you happen to know what his sitting height is? Mine is 96CM and I dream of being able to proportionally and aesthetically pull off a height between 6' and 6'3 (183-190CM). My arm span is 185 or 186CM.

I'm pretty sure you'd look fine if you lengthened to 6ft man that's a wicked SH

Taller

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 04:34:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure you'd look fine if you lengthened to 6ft man that's a wicked SH

Thanks. I guess I am lucky in that regard. I have super broad shoulders too. But to be completely honest, I've only met 2 or 3 other white people that are 6'2+ and have sitting heights of ~96CM. Most have much taller sitting heights. That's why I was in disbelief when the admin of the old forum claimed to lengthen to still look perfectly normal and aesthetic after lengthening to around 6'3 with a sitting height of only 93.5CM.

I wear lifts to get to 6' on a pretty regular basis (most people think that it's my real height), and nobody has ever commented on any disproportion. In fact I think that I look best at this height proportionally. The thing is that my heart is set on 6'2, the height of my father, who is also one of the shortest males in my family. With a 6'1 wingspan, I just hope that I can get away with 6'2. Still, I am lucky to even have the opportunity to get to 6' through LL, as I know that many here don't, and I appreciate you reminding me to be grateful for what I've got.

But I honestly know that I won't be completely free of height neurosis unless I hit 6'2. Maybe if I just lengthen to 6'0 and stop, I'll decide that lengthening more just isn't worth it.

I know that 6'2 with a 96CM sitting height and 6'1 wingspan isn't really proportionate. The question is: is it better to be 6'2 and slightly disproportionate or 6'0 and completely proportionate in every way?

I have no desire to go above 6'2. But 6'2 is my dream. My mind leans towards 6'0 but my heart leans towards 6'2. Lol.

Overdozer

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

white people that are 6'2+ and have sitting heights of ~96CM. Most have much taller sitting heights.
If that's so, then you probably measured your SH wrong, because for you to actually notice and to notice that their SH is MUCH taller, it would have to be at least 100cm+, which is unusual for someone 6'2. I've linked you the study from Netherlands quite a few times already and you tend to ignore it for some reason. I guess you expect us to convince you over and over that it's safe for you to lengthen to 6'2. Alright then, here you go again:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1720514/pdf/v090p00807.pdf
Average (50th percentile) SH/H ratio is 0.51.
The negative correlation between SH/H SDS and H SDS signifies that for short or tall children the usual cut-off limits for body proportions (+-2.0 SDS) would result in considerable percentages of children who would be considered as disproportionate. This is shown in table 3. If one would strive for a specificity of about 98%, the cut-off limit of SH/H SDS for short children would be +2.5 SDS, and for tall children -2.2.
It is generally known that tall children have relatively long legs and vice versa.4,5 Therefore, we conjecture that the interpretation of SH/H ratio should not only be based on age references, but also on height.
So that means taller people will have even less SH/H ratio. Average height of a young male in Netherlands is 184 cm. So at 188 cm, you can expect them to have usual SH/H ratios of 0.5. 96/188=0.51.

If you're still unsure, then please don't lengthen over 6'.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Uppland

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »

@Taller what is your height right now?
I feel almost the same way. Want to be at least my  fathers height althoug to be completely free of the neurosis I feel like I need to be 189 cm at my lowest for some reason. That means I'm 190 for most of the day which feels like an important cutoff. Can never be too short at 190.
I'm terrified of hurting my body irreversible though and of looking like a freak. I want to do the surgery and then move on so I'll probably won't go over a 5 cm increase.

Taller

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »

Hey Uppland. I'm about your height: almost 180CM. I want to do 4 or 5 CM in each segment. Hopefully that wouldn't be very noticeable. I can't think of any situation in which one might feel short at 187-188CM, except for maybe professional basketball, tall people's clubs, and height competitions.

At 188, I would be about 10CM from being the tallest adult male in my family, and I wouldn't be the shortest anymore (well, I'd tie my father for that title).

Overdozer

Uppland

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »

Hey Uppland. I'm about your height: almost 180CM. I want to do 4 or 5 CM in each segment. Hopefully that wouldn't be very noticeable. I can't think of any situation in which one might feel short at 187-188CM, except for maybe professional basketball, tall people's clubs, and height competitions.

At 188, I would be about 10CM from being the tallest adult male in my family, and I wouldn't be the shortest anymore (well, I'd tie my father for that title).

I know how you feel dad is the only man below 190 in my family and I'm the only one under 180. It does get under your skin over time and when I finally realized I was pretty short and wasn't gonna get much taller it all came rushing up.
Not only that but I finally realized how much I subconciously value height it really is one of those static traits like looks and skin colour that influences every interaction you have wether you like it or not.

Think I remember you were from northern europe as well, it's unlikely to feel short at 188 here, people 195+ isn't very common although my uncle is that height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up