Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dr parihar does not give blood thinners?  (Read 555 times)

hotty

dr parihar does not give blood thinners?
« on: November 14, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »

I have been reading diaries of Dr Parihar patients and it looks like both of them were not given blood thinners. one was external tibia so it might be ok to not give it. but one other patient did internal femurs
- the longest bone
- internals imply bone reaming
- CLL imply both legs are operated in one operation
- almost no walking for months after operation (precice nails)

Almost all doctors give blood thinners. Paley gives blood thinners for up to distraction phase. Even Dr Sarin gives blood thinners. i find it surprising that the most risky aspect of LL (dying from pulmonary embolism) is not addressed. MirinHeight posted his messages with Dr Parihar's assistant surgeon and he mentioned many tricks of preventing embolism but still did not mention blood thinners.

is this not a bad thing? Has anyone consulted with him and asked? I am not a doctor but have studied biology for many years and fat embolism is a very serious thing..

He otherwise seems like a very good doctor (apart from being in India and the hospital being old). but i worry that he might not be experienced in cosmetic LL.

Re: dr parihar does not give blood thinners?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »

I would be interested to hear on this question from veteran LLers, especially from past patients of Parihar

hotty

Re: dr parihar does not give blood thinners?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:48:50 PM »

I tried emailing the doctor but he has not replied.

This one thing really worries me because fat embolism is one of the worst complications of femur LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up