Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Angiogenesis and Mineralization During Distraction Osteogenesis  (Read 404 times)

myloginacc

Interesting paper to learn a bit more about the more intricate details of distraction osteogenesis, from the Journal of Korean Medical Science. Bear in mind it is from 2002. Our understanding has certainly significantly expanded since then. If I find a similar, more up-to-date paper, I'll share it here.

https://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC3054899&blobtype=pdf
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

myloginacc

Re: Angiogenesis and Mineralization During Distraction Osteogenesis
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »

Reviving this thread once.

Despite the age of this paper, I think it contains some interesting information regarding how the body reacts to distraction LL and its unnatural stretching of soft tissues.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

cool

Re: Angiogenesis and Mineralization During Distraction Osteogenesis
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »

Reviving this thread once.

Despite the age of this paper, I think it contains some interesting information regarding how the body reacts to distraction LL and its unnatural stretching of soft tissues.

Can you post a summary of what you understood? From what I read it seems like a pretty incredible process that works. But were there any red flags you got from reading the paper?
8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up