Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are you really considering/doing LL?  (Read 685 times)

Ascending

Why are you really considering/doing LL?
« on: November 16, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »

I will go first.  If I am totally honest - it is because my height doesn't match my ego.  I have suffered very little from heightism and if I have it has been because of myself rather than anyone else.  I am sure there will be other advantages too but I know it is for me more about a mismatch between my mental self image and the apparent.

It appears that most guys want LL to improve their status and sxxual attraction - though I have feeling that many will be disappointed as their problems are elsewhere.  I am particularly interested in the real reason why women are interested in LL as most men agree that sxxual attraction is not a problem for short girls - in fact taller girls have a harder time.

Bry

Re: Why are you really considering/doing LL?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »

I just want to be around average height on my country because I feel really bad by always being the shortest from all groups.

I'm 167cm right now, want to reach 174cm.

Ascending

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:50:20 PM »

I just want to be around average height on my country because I feel really bad by always being the shortest from all groups.

I'm 167cm right now, want to reach 174cm.
I'm 169cm aiming to reach 180cm+ by lengthening both segments.

Bry

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »

That's a pretty good and ambitions goal, I would be more than happy with only 7cm more :)

Just waiting for exam results so I can check which segment would be better for proportions.

ThatGuy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 07:46:11 PM »

I'm 173ish and I'm aiming for 183-184cm, what's your wingspan?

Ascending

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »

That's a pretty good and ambitions goal, I would be more than happy with only 7cm more :)

Just waiting for exam results so I can check which segment would be better for proportions.
Yeh - I figure it's going to be once in a lifetime thing - may as well go for the best I can so there are no regrets later.  But I am doing the surgeries separately with upto 6 months between them.
I am undecided whether to do the tibs with internals or not - leaning on externals at the moment. The femurs will definitely be with internals - Stryde.

I'm 173ish and I'm aiming for 183-184cm, what's your wingspan?
I measured it as 180cm.  More ape than man at the moment.  :)

ThatGuy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »

Yeh - I figure it's going to be once in a lifetime thing - may as well go for the best I can so there are no regrets later.  But I am doing the surgeries separately with upto 6 months between them.
I am undecided whether to do the tibs with internals or not - leaning on externals at the moment. The femurs will definitely be with internals - Stryde.
I measured it as 180cm.  More ape than man at the moment.  :)
Damn, same here. My wingspan is 183-184cm.

myloginacc

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 01:48:56 AM »

I will go first.  If I am totally honest - it is because my height doesn't match my ego.  I have suffered very little from heightism and if I have it has been because of myself rather than anyone else.  I am sure there will be other advantages too but I know it is for me more about a mismatch between my mental self image and the apparent.

Congratulations on the honesty, and the level-headedness displayed elsewhere here. I'm sure you're doing proper research on this surgery.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Ascending

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »

Congratulations on the honesty, and the level-headedness displayed elsewhere here. I'm sure you're doing proper research on this surgery.
Thanks myloginacc, I have met 4 doctors and all were excellent except one who was dodgy in my opinion - mainly for his sales push during the consult, the lack of process to his consult and the blaming of patients for bad outcomes.  A well known patient diary of him confirmed my suspicions.  I think the key is to find a doctor whose primary role is non-cosmetic treatment - trauma and deformity.  These guys know how to prevent things going wrong and they know what to do when things do go wrong.

Ascending

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 10:17:39 PM »

Since some of you are wondering who the Dr.s that I met were:
  • Paley - the gold standard with an excellent team to support and a very thorough consult which includes a whole body x-ray.  A very refined process that includes PT
  • Kohne - a highly rated trauma/deformity correction surgeon and very friendly too with excellent pricing and a good consult which includes x-rays
  • Salameh/Schmidt - very experienced trauma/deformity correction surgeons who use Prof. Salameh's unique compact hinge based fixator system - friendly, with excellent pricing and a good consult
The 4rth Dr. was a pioneer in LL technology but seems to have lost his way, despite having some excellent qualifications.  I won't name him but if you have done your research you will know who.

TinyTL

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »

Since some of you are wondering who the Dr.s that I met were:
  • Paley - the gold standard with an excellent team to support and a very thorough consult which includes a whole body x-ray.  A very refined process that includes PT
  • Kohne - a highly rated trauma/deformity correction surgeon and very friendly too with excellent pricing and a good consult which includes x-rays
  • Salameh/Schmidt - very experienced trauma/deformity correction surgeons who use Prof. Salameh's unique compact hinge based fixator system - friendly, with excellent pricing and a good consult
The 4rth Dr. was a pioneer in LL technology but seems to have lost his way, despite having some excellent qualifications.  I won't name him but if you have done your research you will know who.

In the end which surgeon did u pick for ur femur LL?

Ascending

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 11:10:32 PM »

In the end which surgeon did u pick for ur femur LL?
I prefer to keep that to myself for now but I can say that my choice was largely due to my current circumstances.  I would prefer that you guys do what I did - see some surgeons before deciding.  But go armed with a good set of questions such as those posted by Unicorn888.  It will likely save you much more money than spent on the consults themselves.  Paley is a special case - he has probably answered all the questions on videos of him that were posted on this forum as well as his excellent FAQs on his website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up