Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to this, advise needed!  (Read 770 times)

Ayesha12345

New to this, advise needed!
« on: November 16, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »

Hey everyone! I’m a 4’11 girl who is 27 year old. I am considering limb lengthening from Turkey, external tibia. Can tell me how difficult the process would be? How bad would the scars be? Besides the infection, external frames+ scar factor, is the recovery after say first 4 months with either precise or LON the same? My family is obviously not for the idea but I think I really want to. Also 4’11 is 150cm, can I do 3 inches ie 8cm. If I’m paying so much why not do 3. I play a lot of sports, how soon will I be able to get back to that life?

tallertree

Re: New to this, advise needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 06:34:19 PM »

Since you are a girl i think internal method is better since it means less scars. I did internal femurs and my scars are very small. Also, if you have a weight bearing nail you will get back to normal life quite fast.

Ayesha12345

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »

Yeah but precise isn’t weight bearing at all, LON is. So with one there is scars, but at the same time it’s much cheaper & weight bearing. Although I’m 44kgs which isn’t much but apparently with precise I’ll need to be in wheel chair during the lengthening phase of 2.5 months- which seems a lot.

tallertree

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:10 PM »

I did the surgery in Germany using the Betzbone wich is a weight bearing nail. There was also a girl with the same height as you who did the surgery when i was there. I did 9cm.

Ayesha12345

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 07:03:43 PM »

Can you tell me more about this nail, the doctor & price? How long was the recovery? Think I can go back to my country after the procedure?  Thanks a lot for help

tallertree

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »

I have sent PM

Ascending

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 09:34:13 PM »

Hi Ayesha12345, I would advise you to read as many diaries on the forum as possible - especially the ones by girls.  Don't make a quick decision.  I suggest you PM someone like Unicorn888 who had quite a rough experience.  What is your budget?  I hear Paley is doing surgeries in Cyprus - maybe you could get Stryde internals done there assuming you don't want to go to Florida?  Stryde nails are weight bearing nails that work just like Precice.

If you are set on doing Tibia lengthening then it maybe useful to read the following:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9265.msg95560#msg95560
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:36:41 PM by Ascending »

Sara123

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »

Do you know if Dr Paley charges a lot less in Cyprus??

Ayesha12345

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »

Thanks a lot..yeah the more I’m reading the more I’m so scared for this..I had almost made my mind for it earlier. I can go to Florida but Paley is super expensive. I can afford it but I’d rather save that money for future and not feel guilty for putting it all into 2-3 inches. Sigh. Dr Franz is of the view that internals are no better than externals as far as long term complications are concerned

Ascending

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 03:50:38 PM »

Thanks a lot..yeah the more I’m reading the more I’m so scared for this..I had almost made my mind for it earlier. I can go to Florida but Paley is super expensive. I can afford it but I’d rather save that money for future and not feel guilty for putting it all into 2-3 inches. Sigh. Dr Franz is of the view that internals are no better than externals as far as long term complications are concerned
I have been to see Dr. Kohne in Munich and he is a well rated trauma/deformity correction surgeon and does limb lengthening at very affordable prices (inclusive of nail removal) using Precice and will soon be offering Stryde once they are CE certified.  He is a good alternative especially for Europeans due to locality but for Stryde you will need to wait for a few months.

TinyTL

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 08:17:01 PM »

I have been to see Dr. Kohne in Munich and he is a well rated trauma/deformity correction surgeon and does limb lengthening at very affordable prices (inclusive of nail removal) using Precice and will soon be offering Stryde once they are CE certified.  He is a good alternative especially for Europeans due to locality but for Stryde you will need to wait for a few months.
When did u have consultation. They told me they had Stryde on mail??

Ascending

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »

When did u have consultation. They told me they had Stryde on mail??
My last consult was in September.  They were expecting to have Stryde in November but had to defer due to the CE certification process not being completed in time.  Their latest estimate is for the first week of January 2019.

TinyTL

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »

Ok thx. I sent you a PM prematurely. Think u answerred the PM with ur last post

Ayesha12345

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:45 AM »

Any idea how much they are charging for Precice? I am a petite girl with small bones, what’s the smallest Precice nail? And being 45 kg why can’t Precice be weight bearing for someone like me? I have cats that I need to tc of so I can’t be wheelchair bound

Ascending

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »

Any idea how much they are charging for Precice? I am a petite girl with small bones, what’s the smallest Precice nail? And being 45 kg why can’t Precice be weight bearing for someone like me? I have cats that I need to tc of so I can’t be wheelchair bound
Please check for the prices yourself at http://limblengtheningsurgery.com/cosmetic-limb-lengthening/

You could do one leg at a time - this will allow you to move around with crutches for the duration of the lengthening and consolidation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up