Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heightism  (Read 1626 times)

ThatGuy

Re: Heightism
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »

Look at the examples that were given. In the cases I used these people are averaging 4'10-5'2 these outcomes are too extreme to be simply based on their genetics. In fact the charts that were listed pretty much prove this. Sanitation is relevant because if it's neglected it can result in infections/diseases which if acquired at certain key points of development can stunt growth. Of course if you have poor hygiene and you somehow manage to never get sick this doesn't apply, but I doubt this is the case for entire populations. I've never said that various ethnicities don't have differences, I'm just convinced that nutrition/sanitation play a much larger role than people tend to think. In this case they can be compared if we're simply sticking to genetics, some people would even argue these differences in outcomes exist simply because of genetics(crime rates/IQ), but that's not true if you don't ignore things like socioeconomic status and education you realize this might be the real issue.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 04:57:06 PM »

Well this post is about a 5'3'' man and not one who is only 4'10''. Idiopathic short stature happens to some humans who didn't have horrible diseases or grew up in malnutrition. This guy is one example. He grew up in the US as an actor so I'm guessing he wasn't malnutritioned or suffered from infections, and HGH deficiency should've also been detected by doctors, which is why I assume he didn't have any.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ThatGuy

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 06:04:23 PM »

Well this post is about a 5'3'' man and not one who is only 4'10''. Idiopathic short stature happens to some humans who didn't have horrible diseases or grew up in malnutrition. This guy is one example. He grew up in the US as an actor so I'm guessing he wasn't malnutritioned or suffered from infections, and HGH deficiency should've also been detected by doctors, which is why I assume he didn't have any.
You're right, this thread did start with a 5'3 man as the topic, but I asked how something like this might occur. Again all of your examples are spot on and all of them answer my question so many times over. I only said 4'10-5'3 to include women in the question because they're also effected by stuff like this(I usually get affect and effected mixed up please correct me if I did it here). I know someone who's 5'2 so this is why I asked in the first place. You're right doctors can catch stuff like hgh deficiency pretty easily, or at least they did in my case when I was in middle school. Maybe he thought he'd catch up so a doctor wasn't needed? Who knows. I still think for a whole nation's average to naturally be 4'10-5'3 is pretty extreme, I was really surprised when I first looked up the averages of certain countries and I saw 5'2.2/158cm for places like Indonesia.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up