Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Internal Pins and Infected Pins - How did you know?  (Read 1042 times)

cheekycabs

Broken Internal Pins and Infected Pins - How did you know?
« on: December 02, 2018, 04:56:00 AM »

Guys, I'm really struggling with a few problems from knee pain and pin point pain specifically, and trying to self diagnose myself due to a lack of response from my doctor. To those with experience in LL, it sounds like these were quite common occurrences.

My question is, how did you know you had a broken pin internally, or if you had an infected pin point? The nice thing about LL is you get plenty of time to overthink. I am having specific troubles in my right knee, so maybe I may have an infection or a broken pin.

Much appreciated, thanks.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

LL4me

• Visitor
Re: Broken Internal Pins and Infected Pins - How did you know?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »

THis is a very serious problem.

Go to a clinic or hospital and get x-rays done to see if the nail is broken. They will also tell you if there is any form of infection.

Great321

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »

Do you feel any pain inside your legs or more outside on the skin?

Because I felt the pain around the pin sites at my knee outside on my skin whenever I walked or bent my knee. The skin also looked bad there.

My doctor prescribed me "Augmentin 875/125mg" for 6 days but your problems might need other medicine.

doomsday

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:12:24 PM »

It's not a broken pin inside, also I never heard about a  broken pin inside. Your problems are related to the pre consolidation and enormous stress on the bone and pins buddy. Those xrays are pretty clear to me. You're doing 0.5 mm with almost consolidated bones. In my opinion you either go back and re break or let them consolidate and get off the frames. If you were on antibiotics for more then 7 days then there is no infection anyway. Stop obsessing about infection - even when I had an infection I could easily do my turns and I was doing 1 mm a day.

cheekycabs

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »

I've told this to my doctor twice, and asked him if it's preconsolidated. Again he's said it's not and I can continue lengthening. So I'm sure he's definitely not going to put me under and open up my tibias and do surgery again. I've told him it's painful and he's just gone and said it's normal, to try and fight the pain. What else am I supposed to do?
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

roseabc123@yahoo.in

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »

Its very common need not to worry it will go off with the time .
Pages: [1]   Go Up