Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trolling not allowed - gettingtaller  (Read 6476 times)

Muse

trolling not allowed - gettingtaller
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »

Not that it's going to be a huge loss to anyone but I've decided to no longer contribute to this forum. I've had too many messages from people telling me how bad old forum  is, I've seen too much childish slander (like this thread) and I've seen too much paranoia (even being accused of being a fake myself). It's all too immature so I'm out. See you on the old forum.

Yea and you should have kept to your words.  Announcing that you are leaving and then coming back with no explanation is trolling.  end of story. 

If you think I'm being critical,  go ask what old forum moderators would do if every member act the way you did.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:33:48 PM by Admin »

Muse

Re: trolling not allowed - gettingtaller
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

To summarize this

The forum is run on a voluntary basic.  That means we are using our own personal time and energy to keep this place running.  If you are here to cause trouble, then we will deal with it in a firm and fair way.

If you do the following, then you will be banned everytime regardless of which patient you are of which doctor

- Insulting the forum  and then coming back as if nothing had happened
-  Then ignoring the moderator when asked to explain

September 18th

http://i.imgur.com/d7386YS.png

Not surprising, I received no reply via Pm or email.  Gettingtaller decide to not explain himself because he think the forum is not worthy of any explanation and he can do whatever he wants.   So that give gettingaller the right to complain because it's obviously our fault if he  did all of those things.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:41:01 PM by Admin »

alps

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:36:37 PM »

I'm not too sure if mods are supposed to look at members' activities in old forums.
There is no way to be sure that gettingtaller is the same person on the two forums.

I think it would be best to have a list of rules and when someone violates something, cite a rule with a screenshot of the violation.

The more the subjective a banning gets (like it is here), the more the ambiguity for common agreement, IMO.

GeTs

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 07:59:41 PM »

This, u can't punish a iguy for posting stuff about how bad this forum is, what u're doing dameon is the same what sysop did, try to be objective

Muse

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »

This, u can't punish a iguy for posting stuff about how bad this forum is, what u're doing dameon is the same what sysop did, try to be objective

If I wasn't being objective, I wouldn't have asked him to explain himself first.    He knew what he was doing better than you can imagine. 

He wanted to test whether the moderators would remove his post then he could post a complain on old forum  if we did.  That's why he posted the same message on old forum  at the same time.  it;s like hey i just posted screw LL Forum i'm leaving,  lets see how they handle it.

Then he came back again as if nothing happen and refuse to explain anything.

You really think the moderators should entertain this kind of nonsense from a old forum  troll when we moderate the forum in our personal time?

For comparison, go try the same stunt gettingtaller did on the old forum and then tell me what you think again.

I'm not too sure if mods are supposed to look at members' activities in old forums.
There is no way to be sure that gettingtaller is the same person on the two forums.

I think it would be best to have a list of rules and when someone violates something, cite a rule with a screenshot of the violation.

The more the subjective a banning gets (like it is here), the more the ambiguity for common agreement, IMO.

I was notified by another member about gettintaller post on old forum . 

It's the same person who posted on August 9th on both forum.   

If anyone can help to draft up a list of comprehensive rules that cover all the wide range of violations possible, then do it. 

Start a thread and compile it. Then we'll sticky it as a detailed rules thread.

One violation i couldn't imagine need to be explain was

Rule: Don't insult the forum, say you are leaving and then come back posting again without explanation. 

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:56:51 PM by Admin »

GeTs

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »

Go and read the whole post again carefully. 

When he said this forum is bad and i'm leaving.  My response is go ahead no problems. 

The problem come when he decided to RETURN  and didn't had the courtesy to offer an explanation or apology.

I ask him straight forward, do you still stand by what you said?  Since he was back at the forum.

He reply "why?"  and I told him it was unacceptable if anyone could insult the forum, write that he will leave and then continue posting here whenever he wish.   

This is the core of the problem I have.

I ask him for an explanation,   and he decided not to offer any. 

I'm not going to let somebody insult this forum whenever he likes and continue posting without some decent explanation. 

When he is ready to explain himself or offer an apology, then he can come back.   If not, he can continue to take the low road to blame it on us, not himself.
I'm not buying that, outside this forum he can do everything he wants to, u should just punish if he speaks bad about it here. And really explanation for speaking bad about this forum? If he does it here just warn him and problem solved if he doesn't have a point

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:32:10 PM »

I completely agree with dameon.

lets look at this in the same light of the constitution and freedom of speech.

nothing could be more fair than the right to freedom of speech,

but what you people don't realize is that the constitution clearly indicates that the freedom of speech is violated when you engage in subversion you are an enemy combatant and are subject to the penalty of death or banishment for treason.

your all stating similar rules to the right to freedom of speech. if you use this same principle then him coming here to engage in subversion of this forum clearly waves that privilege.

he came back to   stir and to promote old forum  and demonize the legitimacy of this forum and admitted it. so after being found guilty of subversion then treason applies and you actually can be punished because freedom of speech does not apply.

this is all according to the constitution and the bill of rights for the freedom of speech. this is the most fair legislation in existence in the world to date.

good work dameon. you acted appropriately in my opinion.

Muse

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »

I'm not buying that, outside this forum he can do everything he wants to, u should just punish if he speaks bad about it here. And really explanation for speaking bad about this forum? If he does it here just warn him and problem solved if he doesn't have a point

Of course I'm basing it on what he does here.

So how about an explanation for saying screw LL Forum I'm leaving and then coming back as if nothing happened.  He refuse to explain why.   

If I was worried about people speaking bad here, do you think I need to have a feedback section for members.  Btw,  I'm experienced enough by now to know when somebody is trolling and when constructive criticism is being given.   One is done because they want to disrupt the forum, the other is because they care about the forum. 

You have the right to your own opinion,  but you are not going to convince me that what gettingtaller did was in good faith.   It is trolling and until he decide to explain why, he will not be unbanned.    The bottomline is his behavior is unacceptable and anyone who did the same would also be banned. period.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:35:46 PM by Admin »

G-Man

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:12 AM »

His house, his rules.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 06:36:18 AM »

The reason why nobody knows who is real and who is fake is because of old forum  and Sysop, I mean which diary is real and which is just Sysop with another pseudonym...?

No dramas here with the ban and good riddance

hanshi

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »

He claims to be a patient from the UK. He refused to post his x-rays because he was 'too busy' several times. However he was actively posting on both forums and aggressively promoting his doctor and attacking this forum. His posts don't really look British since he uses American slang words like 'wuss'. Therefore we can't say for sure who he is. My best guess would be it is Sysop from old forum  himself.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:55:08 AM by Admin »
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

GeTs

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »

He claims to be a patient from the UK. He refused to post his x-rays because he was 'too busy' several times. However he was actively posting on both forums and aggressively promoting his doctor and attacking this forum. His posts don't really look British since he uses American slang words like 'wuss'. Therefore we can't say for sure who he is. My best guess would be it is Sysop from old forum  himself.
every troll is sysop nowadays
Pages: [1]   Go Up