Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 cm on tibia vs 7 cm on femur - input needed  (Read 1002 times)

6 cm on tibia vs 7 cm on femur - input needed
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:05:40 AM »

friends, below is link to my current photo, based on this plz provide your input on whether I should do 7 cm on femur or 6cm on tibia , proportion wise which will be better?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161042732@N05/shares/1K52bx

heightconsultant

Re: 6 cm on tibia vs 7 cm on femur - input needed
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »

My friend your leg lengths and proportions looks ok to me. You can go with either way you mentioned, but please keep in mind:

Femur is often more painful, but it can be lengthened by 1 more cm than tibia.
Tibia usually recovers better and with less problems, because muscle tissues are less on lower leg than upper leg.
Long tibias look better for women, long femurs are better for men (can be discussed, does not work for everyone).

Wish you get the height you want, without any problems :)

BladeRunner

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:08:46 PM »

My friend your leg lengths and proportions looks ok to me. You can go with either way you mentioned, but please keep in mind:

Femur is often more painful, but it can be lengthened by 1 more cm than tibia.
Tibia usually recovers better and with less problems, because muscle tissues are less on lower leg than upper leg.
Long tibias look better for women, long femurs are better for men (can be discussed, does not work for everyone).

Wish you get the height you want, without any problems :)

I have read your posts in other threads before.
You are spreading misinformation, please dont make such "informative"-looking posts when you have not done enough research yourself. People who are new to this forum maybe actually believe in what you're saying.

Femur is not "harder" and more complicated than tibias. Its the opposite. It has one strong bone, instead of two (fib,tib).
For internal tibias you have to do it through the knee which has higher complication rate and may lead to permanent knee damages. If you do externals, you will have risk of infections, muscle damages and so on.

Femur consolidates faster.

You can lengthen 1mm a day instead of 0.75mm (tibia). And nowhere does it say you can lengthen "1cm more than tibia". There is no such exact number. You can lengthen femur more than tibia, yes true but not just by 1 cm. I dont even know if you just made up that number?

Please stop!! research diaries before continuing

cheekycabs

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 03:37:04 AM »

I hate to be that guy but I really think you need to get a lot healthier before even considering LL. Firstly, the frames have a weight limitation, some do support more than others, but I think you really need to look at yourself and ask why you’re doing LL. I’ll hep you either way, in fact I think your proportions are better suited with femur lengthening, but I wouldn’t consider a major surgery like this until you get in better shape.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 07:24:12 AM »

thanks all. And last poster - yes I know I can become slimmer and have few extra pounds (I don't think I am grossly overweight, overweight yes), but due to nature of my job I don't get time (make good money though) - but I am planning on shedding some before the surgery.

Ascending

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:27:50 AM »

You are spreading misinformation, please dont make such "informative"-looking posts when you have not done enough research yourself. People who are new to this forum maybe actually believe in what you're saying.

Femur is not "harder" and more complicated than tibias. Its the opposite. It has one strong bone, instead of two (fib,tib).
For internal tibias you have to do it through the knee which has higher complication rate and may lead to permanent knee damages. If you do externals, you will have risk of infections, muscle damages and so on.

You can lengthen 1mm a day instead of 0.75mm (tibia). And nowhere does it say you can lengthen "1cm more than tibia". There is no such exact number. You can lengthen femur more than tibia, yes true but not just by 1 cm. I dont even know if you just made up that number?

I totally agree.  The username heightconsultant alone made me think this is some troll.

heightconsultant

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »

I have examined more diaries and have had direct and close communications with more patients than you can imagine.

I have never mentioned that femur is harder or more complicated. I have said that it is more painful for many people, than tibia. Which has to do with the fact that thigh has more soft tissues than lower leg. And when external fixators are installed to upper legs, they cause more discomfort and pain.

And yes, femur bone consolidates faster. I have not stated the opposite.

"For internal tibias you have to do it through the knee which has higher complication rate and may lead to permanent knee damages." Where is the source and evidence? These days I hear this "permanent knee damages" thing too often, and it has become almost a proverb. Still haven't seen and source of information. An experienced doctor is careful enough to do internal tibia nailing without damaging knee tendons and soft tissues.

Yes, there is no determined lengthening amount, of course it will vary from patient to patient, but from my observations, and experience of numerous patients who have done different amounts of lengthening, 7-8 cm is the lengthening you can achieve on femur, without experiencing muscle problems. And 6-7 cm on tibia. It does not exclude the fact that there are those who do 8 cm on tibia, or 10 cm on femur. The maximum safe amount of lengthening depends on quality and flexibility of soft tissues of each patient.

If you are willing to spend enough time, I can provide proofs of everything I speak. I have no interest in misleading people and making things up to do so.

It is you who is distorting what I have wrote, and making a wrong image of me, while my advices might actually be useful to some people over here.

TinyTL

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »

I have examined more diaries and have had direct and close communications with more patients than you can imagine.

I have never mentioned that femur is harder or more complicated. I have said that it is more painful for many people, than tibia. Which has to do with the fact that thigh has more soft tissues than lower leg. And when external fixators are installed to upper legs, they cause more discomfort and pain.

And yes, femur bone consolidates faster. I have not stated the opposite.

"For internal tibias you have to do it through the knee which has higher complication rate and may lead to permanent knee damages." Where is the source and evidence? These days I hear this "permanent knee damages" thing too often, and it has become almost a proverb. Still haven't seen and source of information. An experienced doctor is careful enough to do internal tibia nailing without damaging knee tendons and soft tissues.

Yes, there is no determined lengthening amount, of course it will vary from patient to patient, but from my observations, and experience of numerous patients who have done different amounts of lengthening, 7-8 cm is the lengthening you can achieve on femur, without experiencing muscle problems. And 6-7 cm on tibia. It does not exclude the fact that there are those who do 8 cm on tibia, or 10 cm on femur. The maximum safe amount of lengthening depends on quality and flexibility of soft tissues of each patient.

If you are willing to spend enough time, I can provide proofs of everything I speak. I have no interest in misleading people and making things up to do so.

It is you who is distorting what I have wrote, and making a wrong image of me, while my advices might actually be useful to some people over here.

When I was reading your post i was ready to answer, then as i kept reading its full of so many stupid and wrong things that I dont wanna waste my time. I hope someone else or a mod deletes the crap.
The only correct thing in the above post is
The maximum safe amount of lengthening depends on quality and flexibility of soft tissues of each patient.

The rest is just absolute garbage and wrong on so many levels.
Remember I have been sparsely browsing since Beijing days with jungle, jack0death etc. So you can see I have read alot of diaries and been here for a while

heightconsultant

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »

I totally agree.  The username heightconsultant alone made me think this is some troll.

Yes, this guy "heightconsultant" speaks based on real things and gives explanations for what he says (while some LL experts aren't able to prove the opposite), instead of spamming others' posts with doctor name(s), thus he deserves the name "troll"  :D

Ascending

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »

Yes, this guy "heightconsultant" speaks based on real things and gives explanations for what he says (while some LL experts aren't able to prove the opposite), instead of spamming others' posts with doctor name(s), thus he deserves the name "troll"  :D
If you are referring to me - I have only provided information about Drs that I have personally visited - the good and the bad.  Even then I suggested that people go and meet their chosen Dr before committing.  I don't call my self an LL expert or a heightconsultant because I am neither.  I have done a good amount of research and met and discussed the techniques and their pros/cons with more Drs than I expect anyone else on the forum.  I have also befriended and met a couple of LL patients that actually completed the process.  However, I have not yet had an LL operation - pending European availability of Stryde.  I think it is misleading to call yourself a heighconsultant and give advice.  Fortunately most of the users on this forum will see through it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up