Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read some previous diaries in great detail  (Read 755 times)

Sara123

Read some previous diaries in great detail
« on: January 01, 2019, 06:23:02 AM »

Hello all,

I hope you have all had a good Christmas and new year.

Have recently read some diaries in the old forum in great detail. If I were to give my honest opinion on those diaries, I get the feeling I would be hated here.

I personally feel there was one person who had trouble because they largely brought it on themselves but the doctor is being blamed 100%. I read that diary very very carefully.

Upon reading the bad diary of one doctor, I do not feel he is a bad doctor at all. But I know very few will agree with me. I even think he is possibly a better doctor for limb lengthening than Dr Giotikas because he appears to have done far far more of these operations that this Greek doctor, yet this Greek doctor is praised so much on here.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:05:19 AM by Sara123 »

jievince3

Re: Read some previous diaries in great detail
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 07:51:44 AM »

Which doctor?

Sara123

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »

Which doctor?

One guy had the operation with this doctor and had a problem where he couldn’t bend his knee to an acceptable level but the doctor clearly says on his website that this can happen and patients must do physical therapy. Another guy had this similar issue with this same doctor but he stayed and did psysical therapy and said in his diary he was amazed at what the the physical therapist suggested and that it worked and he could bend his knee after doing alll he was instructed to do.

The other guy left after lengthening and expected things to just be great. Went back to his country so could not do the very specific physical therapy advised by this doctor. Then instead of going back to do the other leg, he just stayed in his own country and blamed the doctor for everything. In the end he was able to bend his knee as normal but it took much much longer, I feel he made the mistake of prioritising advice he received on the forum from another guy who was angry with this doctor than by advice given by the actual doctor who asked him to go back to him and to follow all instructions, the doctor didn’t turn his back on him at all.

Bearing in mind the other guy for whom things went well, clearly stated that the physical therapy he received was very intensive and the therapist tried different things to see what would work. How could the guy who went back to his country expect to get this same result if he was not near the physical therapist?? I’m sorry but it seems unrealistic to me to do this.

He then mentioned that his knees were at diffefent levels, but of course they would be, he did cross lateral and with that type of surgery you need to be fully committed and cooperative. That is precisely what it does, it leaves your knees at different levels, you have to restore movement of the the first knee before having the second operation to try to bring the knees back to the same level . You have to do the second operation but he never went back for the second even though he said he could cope with the pain a second time. He then said one leg was left longer than the other but he also stated that he had this problem before he started the surgery, he himself stated his legs were different lengths to start with. So if it was an existing issue it seems this would have likely been resolved with the second operation. Instead of staying and following the doctors orders doing the correct therapy to restore knee movement, he flew back to his country, didn’t follow the physical therapy and then couldn’t bend his knee for ages, then couldn’t fly back to have the psysical therapy or the second operation. Then claimed his family doctor told him not to go back to have the second operation. But his family doctor with all due respect is not a limb lengthening surgeon.

He was not fully cooperative. If you’re going abroad to do cross lateral limb lengthening you must surely make the full commitment no?? You don’t go back half way through. It’s not clear why he went back to his country so soon but I think it’s because he was feeling homesick and wanted to save money on accommodation costs but to me these are not good enough reasons to do this. You either make a full commitment or don’t have this surgery. Only in very exceptional cases should you leave like this.

The Kurgan centre in Russia gives same advice. You need to take physical therapy seriously. They too get complications. For example if a bone snaps after you remove the frame it does not mean it’s the doctor’s fault. Having done my research this has happened here in the U.K. with good doctors. A bone snapping I’ve read is a possible risk and it means you have to wear the frame again.

I feel one doctor has been blacklisted a bit unfairly. That’s not say he’s the best or never makes mistakes but I don’t feel he’s as bad as he’s made out to be. For example I would feel more worried about having this operation in Turkey in relation to safety and competence and it’s more expensive there than with this doctor. I feel more expensive does not always mean better.

I received a personal message here from someone in Turkey trying to sell this surgery to me and it has put me off Turkey.

I then saw people saying Armenia is no good because they offer the double cut method but the Kurgan centre in Russia offers this same method. They do loads of these operations. Although to keep it safer I have no intention of doing double cut method at all.

I have not yet seen any very serious complications from Armenia. Not really serious. I trust that place more than Turkey or that doctor in France.

So I’m feeling confused right now about all this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:11:53 AM by Sara123 »

mdnano

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:37:38 AM »

I had a skype consultation with Dr. Giotikas and I just get positive vibes from him.

MirinHeight

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »

I had a skype consultation with Dr. Giotikas and I just get positive vibes from him.

thinking of going to giotikas for tibias as well if I can afford a US doctor
I get good vibes from him as well and he has very good credentials
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

raku

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 04:05:51 AM »

One guy had the operation with this doctor and had a problem where he couldn’t bend his knee to an acceptable level but the doctor clearly says on his website that this can happen and patients must do physical therapy. Another guy had this similar issue with this same doctor but he stayed and did psysical therapy and said in his diary he was amazed at what the the physical therapist suggested and that it worked and he could bend his knee after doing alll he was instructed to do.

The other guy left after lengthening and expected things to just be great. Went back to his country so could not do the very specific physical therapy advised by this doctor. Then instead of going back to do the other leg, he just stayed in his own country and blamed the doctor for everything. In the end he was able to bend his knee as normal but it took much much longer, I feel he made the mistake of prioritising advice he received on the forum from another guy who was angry with this doctor than by advice given by the actual doctor who asked him to go back to him and to follow all instructions, the doctor didn’t turn his back on him at all.

Bearing in mind the other guy for whom things went well, clearly stated that the physical therapy he received was very intensive and the therapist tried different things to see what would work. How could the guy who went back to his country expect to get this same result if he was not near the physical therapist?? I’m sorry but it seems unrealistic to me to do this.

He then mentioned that his knees were at diffefent levels, but of course they would be, he did cross lateral and with that type of surgery you need to be fully committed and cooperative. That is precisely what it does, it leaves your knees at different levels, you have to restore movement of the the first knee before having the second operation to try to bring the knees back to the same level . You have to do the second operation but he never went back for the second even though he said he could cope with the pain a second time. He then said one leg was left longer than the other but he also stated that he had this problem before he started the surgery, he himself stated his legs were different lengths to start with. So if it was an existing issue it seems this would have likely been resolved with the second operation. Instead of staying and following the doctors orders doing the correct therapy to restore knee movement, he flew back to his country, didn’t follow the physical therapy and then couldn’t bend his knee for ages, then couldn’t fly back to have the psysical therapy or the second operation. Then claimed his family doctor told him not to go back to have the second operation. But his family doctor with all due respect is not a limb lengthening surgeon.

He was not fully cooperative. If you’re going abroad to do cross lateral limb lengthening you must surely make the full commitment no?? You don’t go back half way through. It’s not clear why he went back to his country so soon but I think it’s because he was feeling homesick and wanted to save money on accommodation costs but to me these are not good enough reasons to do this. You either make a full commitment or don’t have this surgery. Only in very exceptional cases should you leave like this.

The Kurgan centre in Russia gives same advice. You need to take physical therapy seriously. They too get complications. For example if a bone snaps after you remove the frame it does not mean it’s the doctor’s fault. Having done my research this has happened here in the U.K. with good doctors. A bone snapping I’ve read is a possible risk and it means you have to wear the frame again.

I feel one doctor has been blacklisted a bit unfairly. That’s not say he’s the best or never makes mistakes but I don’t feel he’s as bad as he’s made out to be. For example I would feel more worried about having this operation in Turkey in relation to safety and competence and it’s more expensive there than with this doctor. I feel more expensive does not always mean better.

I received a personal message here from someone in Turkey trying to sell this surgery to me and it has put me off Turkey.

I then saw people saying Armenia is no good because they offer the double cut method but the Kurgan centre in Russia offers this same method. They do loads of these operations. Although to keep it safer I have no intention of doing double cut method at all.

I have not yet seen any very serious complications from Armenia. Not really serious. I trust that place more than Turkey or that doctor in France.

So I’m feeling confused right now about all this.

if you read the dairy in old forum makemetaller you would find Armenia Doctor is not good not just because double cut. As for sarin you could also find why his patients began to against him whatever feel how good sarin is while the patient's lengthening period.
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

Sara123

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:33 AM »

I recently had a consultation with a limb lengthening doctor. He explained physical therapy is essential. This was not in Armenia, was a different doctor. He also told me that for tibias you need to do a rough not clean bone cut for better bone healing and union but on femurs the cut should be a bit more clean. He explained that he does not remove frames initially without first loosening to test and train the bone to ensure bones are strong enough. He explained that there is always a risk of bones snapping when you remove a frame. He told me non-union is almost impossible and that it usually happens due to the doctor not being careful during lengthening. He said actual non-union as a result of the human body alone is extremely rare, so rare that when it happens, it’s almost always the fault of the doctor such as not checking X-rays so that lengthening can be done at the correct rate and also not cutting bone in the correct way. 

This was a a face to face consultation with a doctor I had who on here is currently a respected doctor. I also had an online consultation with Dr Mirzoyan who told me exactly the same things as mentioned here as the respected doctor. I’ve seen people here dissing Dr Mirzoyan’s bone cut for not being a clean cut yet the respected doctor I recently saw, he told me a rough cut is needed for proper bone union.

I did read the previous diary of Dr Mirzoyan in the old forum. The guy left Armenia and did not do the physical therapy needed. His legs were at different lengths but he states this was an existing issue he had previously. He was due a second operation in Armenia and never went back to do that or to do the physical therapy all against the advice of the doctor. I’m not saying Dr Mirzoyan is a great doctor but my investigations including a recent face to face consultation with a different doctor who is respected here as well as carefully reading old diaries for Dr Mirzoyan, has lead to see that Armenia is not as dangerous as it’s made out to be. The patient was also at fault.

The recent doctor I saw told me that following all of the post operative instructions from a doctor is key. If you fly back without doing the physical therapy in a 2 stage surgery and don’t go back to do the second surgery then how can it be that only the doctor is at fault? Had he stayed and done all physical therapy and done the second operation and followed all instructions then ok you could judge it better but he didn’t do that. The person did not go back to do the second operation because he could not bend his knee. But the doctor told him that this was due to his not staying in Armenia after lengthening and doing the intensive physical therapy to restore knee bending. Another diary of Dr Mirzoyan in the old forum stated that the physical therapy made a huge difference and his diary was successful. I think Dr Mirzoyan is ok for moderate amounts on tibia, for femur seems more risky. The recent doctor I saw told me we cannot underestimate physical therapy and told me that he advises all patients to also do some pre operative excercises, which in his opinion makes the pain a lot less. Maybe I shouldn’t trust all that doctors tell me so much but so far this recent doctor I saw is telling me almost identical things to what Dr Mirzoyan told me. This more respected doctor I saw told me bones can snap after the frames come off, if it happens then a second operation is needed as per what he confirmed. He told me no doctor is free of risk. No matter how good a reputation the doctor has. He said these are complex procedures. Things can go wrong with any doctor.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:38:07 AM by Sara123 »

raku

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 06:57:36 AM »

Well. You could find the lengthening picture before and after as well as x Ray in their homepage.
You could find the patients legs is not well alignment and the X-ray is bad compared with any other patients of external.
Besides, there old website promise if you bring enough people to do the surgery you could do the surgery for free.
So you could imagine.
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up