Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: RB - Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021  (Read 20662 times)

sixfootandhalf

Re: RB - Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2023, 10:41:25 AM »

I think a soft release would have defs made a difference but people who say an ITB release even a full one like I had will cripple you are out of their minds lol. It’s a tendon release that athletes get and go back to their full athletic capability. ITB release is critical for femur lengthening and the lack of one is the one draw back of how Betz used to run his practice. It worked out well in the end for me but all that pain and wide legs could have been avoided.

It's almost surreal directly talking to you now. I remember like nearly a year ago i was lurking and your journey was one of the ones that stood out to me,  and pushed me to choose Dr Betz. I am so so happy for you.

I honestly am going to be making this journey having basically closed my self off to the world to work over time and nights, and i will be doing this in secrecy.

Knowing what you've just told me, that after getting an ITB band, you didn't have months added to your recovery, or you weren't crippled for a long time, or it didn't debilitate your recovery, just confirms all of the evidence experts themselves relay, and the many other diaries out there.

When i tell users on here, yes, stretch,  but sometimes it isn't enough, especially for the ITB band, they tell me people like you didn't stretch enough. Anyone who has read your diary knows how much effort you put into it.

If it would be okay, to help my self in my own lengthening soon, and to help many others, would you be able to give us advice on one thing?:

1. When you had your ITB releae by Goitikas, how was your mobility and walking like before, and one week after ITB release?

2. Do you have any specific details about exactly how he cut your iTB? A lot of people sasy soft/proper but i think it's also about the depth cut. Unless it is personal to you, do you have any OP notes, or do you remember what Goitikas said about how much of the ITB he would possibly cut/where specifically?

3. Would getting this done just before lengthening/at the same time as putting the nails in, have helped, if your ITB band quickly heals? Would it be better to get it once you have wide legs and duck ass and are extremely stiff, or is it better to get it from day one? I ask this because people who get the 'soft' ITB release notice next to no improvements, the ITB heals within weeks and the next few months after results in severe difficulties with wide legs, duck ass etc.

Lastly, congratulations on your journey. I hope once the nails are out you can maybe put this part of your life to bed and consign it to history. The new you is between 5'9-10 in good thick shoes. Unbelievable from someone who was 5'4.
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2023, 01:52:43 PM »

The website was down for ages. It would be lovely to have you back again.
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

RB

« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2023, 10:49:18 AM »

Hey man,

Anyone who thinks I didn’t do enough PT is laughable. I had no other issues with any of my other muscles and the ITB is not something that can be simply stretched in PT. If you are atheltic beforehand it increases your chance of wide legs too due to the thickness of your ITB to begin with. I got wide legs at 2cm before I even had a chance to develop them from lack of PT so without it I was always destined to get them. It is a very important release.

1) I didn’t get it done by Giotikas but by a regular ortho in my home country and my mobility improved instantly. After about 4-5 weeks I was walking normally with a slight swing due to weak muscles

2) I remember that it was a z cut release which helped instantly

3) I guess it is possible but I would push to get a release at the same time or after if you develop issues as doing it before would expose you to another surgery before the major surgery which would complicate recovery.

Thanks man
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Kanye Western

« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2023, 11:11:25 AM »

Hey RB,

How's life now? Could you even tell you've had a surgery like this done?

RB

« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2023, 01:40:05 PM »

Hey RB,

How's life now? Could you even tell you've had a surgery like this done?

Hey man, life is great now. And no, my walk is totally normal and has been for a bit over a year now. My athletic ability isn’t still where I want to be as I have nails in and am still training my legs again so whenever I play sports with people I say I have a previous leg injury but apart from that 100% normal and no one could suspect I have had a drastic surgery like this.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2023, 05:21:50 PM »

Thank you so much,

So the Z cut release is what helped you?

When you began to walk after, were you walking with a swing / unable to walk properly for 4-5 weeks due to the iTB release? That's what is being argued to me now, that getting it properly cut will immobilise and cripple me.

---

On another note, this is for any future lurkers on this thread:

Read this: https://uesca.com/it-band-syndrome-myths-and-facts/

"Let’s first address stretching. The ITB is a very tough structure. In fact, in a 2010 study by Falvey et al., a strain gauge was used to test various stretches on the ITB and the result was that the ITB was unaffected.
Therefore, it is highly unlikely that stretching will have any effect on the ‘tightness’ of the ITB."

I highly recommend reading this: https://www.painscience.com/articles/iliotibial-band-syndrome-stretch.php

"Even if you do everything right, even if you perform the ideal stretch and manage to pull firmly on your IT band for a couple minutes — which is longer than most people ever bother — how much would you actually change the length of your IT band? How far would it move?

Roughly 2 millimeters — an overall change in length of less than half a percent.

You still won’t actually change its length, any more than you can make a leather belt longer by pulling on it. This is the most important thing IT band stretchers need to understand."

And also this: https://thedoctorsofpt.com/it-band-pain-myth-v-reality/#:~:text=Myth%202%3A%20The%20ITB%20can,to%20actually%20induce%20a%20stretch.

"Myth 2: The ITB can and should be stretched
Since the ITB is made up of fascia, which is different from a muscle, it’s nearly impossible to stretch it. It would take way more force than we’re capable of producing on our own, to actually induce a stretch. This is a good thing – since the roles of the ITB are to stabilize the side of the knee and provide energy storage and release during running, we don’t really want it to be stretchy anyway. "

akali

« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2023, 01:47:57 PM »

Please post some walking videos. I want to see how normal is your walking after the surgery

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2023, 03:14:31 PM »

If you have recent imaging data please put it at this thread. Redact any information that could be used to dox you.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2023, 09:49:55 AM »

Would love to hear from you again

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2023, 05:14:38 PM »

still here bro?

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2023, 06:51:45 PM »

If you do read this, would love an update about how things are now.

Whether you feel.the bone saw being electric if this is true caused any issues
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up