Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122460 times)

hokkaido

• Visitor

Hope you are doing well
I am a guy in my 20s.
I felt like been short is haunting me psychologically.
Every time I go out and see that most of the people are taller than me, I felt incompetent.
At the same time I am afraid that people will look at me differently once they know I would want to break my leg just to grow few centimeter
because people are always going to say "what matters the most is on the inside"
How do you deal with friends and family? do you tell them about it openly? or do you keep it low key?
I really wanted to do LL, but there is no way I can afford it...
reading diaries like this kept me going, it motivates me to work harder so I can do LL someday!

Blackwhite

achievements :))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:15:19 PM by Blackwhite »
TARGET 1.71

InFullStryde

Hope you are doing well
I am a guy in my 20s.
I felt like been short is haunting me psychologically.
Every time I go out and see that most of the people are taller than me, I felt incompetent.
At the same time I am afraid that people will look at me differently once they know I would want to break my leg just to grow few centimeter
because people are always going to say "what matters the most is on the inside"
How do you deal with friends and family? do you tell them about it openly? or do you keep it low key?
I really wanted to do LL, but there is no way I can afford it...
reading diaries like this kept me going, it motivates me to work harder so I can do LL someday!

Hi Hokkaido! I hope you're well my friend.   I thought I would reply before I head out to my PT.   I'm 37 and you're in your 20's...you have a lot of time to figure things out.   I understand the impact that a man's height can have on his self-esteem.   To be perfectly honest, height has bothered me for my entire life. When I was 15  years old, I had a doctor tell me that I was done growing at 5'1.25" tall.  At that point, I had to make a decision. I was either going to give up and allow the reality of being short to define me; or I could stand up, all FIVE FEET ONE of me and be a man and face the world as who I was.  Truth is, I had no choice.  I grew up with some awesome parents. They were great role models and the conversations I had with them really helped me overcome my challenges in this life.   You know what I did? I tried.  Yep, that's it.  I said to myself..."to hell with my height", I'm going to try my best.   So I went out there and I did everything I could to be the best version of me.  This included the following:

- I educated myself.   Went to college and earned a degree in business and management of information systems.  Good grades have NOTHING to do with height.  I AM SMART.

- I built my fitness.  I worked out every other day, without fail, and before CLL was bench pressing nearly twice my weight at the gym. I have thin waist line and defined chest and arms. An impressive physique has nothing to do with your height.  I AM STRONG.

- I controlled my career path.  I realize that with my situation I needed to be In CONTROL.  I could not allow others to decide my destiny; so I worked tooth and nail to start a company and I was successful at that. I launched my company at 26  years old and 11 years later it stands and continues to grow.  By owning a successful company with great employees that handle the shifts, I have 100% of freedom of my time and finances.   In fact, my entire CLL journey is being paid for by my own dollar and I am not feeling one bit of financial impact by it.  Also, since I was successful in creating a company and hence my time...I am able to work remotely and be away from the office as  much I as I need.  There is no interruption to the great life I created for myself.   I AM IN CONTROL OF MY CAREER.  I AM FREE TO USE MY TIME IN ANYWAY I WANT AND I AM FINANCIALLY FREE.

-  I took care of my temple.   I dressed nicely, I have great higene, I work out.  You don't have to be tall; to look nice and well made.   Sure, I understand that most woman prefer a man taller then she is; but you know what? I can't do anything about that.   I did everything I could to take care of myself and it made me feel great about myself and as a result, my confidence helped me score many dates with woman, albeit, most woman I dated were on the shorter side; but they were and are SO beautiful.  I AM CONFIDENT. I AM HEALTHY. I AM HANDSOME

- I'm innovative and find solutions.   Being short is not something you have to accept 100%.  You can do things about it. I have been sporting shoe lifts for years and they have been a tremendous help to me! Ultimately, I have had to let my girlfriends know that I sport these shoes and not one woman has minded. In fact, they LOVE me even more for it. They think I'm so darn cute and each one always told me...I love you regardless.   In the same breath they understand why I chose to wear shoe lifts.   They get it and they never judged me for it. In fact, I think they kind of found me a bit rebellious at the end of the day and that is something to love.    Now, i have decided to seek CLL to help with my height challenge.  2 - 3 inches on my bone is 2 - 3 inches that I do not need a shoe lift OR if i decided to wear a shoe lift, now I am 2 - 3 inches taller still!  Be creative and innovative.  I FIND SOLUTIONS AND I CARRY THEM OUT.

You have to say these things to yourself and be these things:

I AM STRONG
I AM IN CONTROL OF MY CAREER.
I AM FREE TO USE MY TIME IN ANYWAY I WANT
I AM FINANCIALLY FREE
I AM CONFIDENT.
I AM HEALTHY
I AM HANDSOME
I FIND SOLUTIONS AND I CARE THEM OUT....

And I have ONE more thing to add to this list.  And I'm proud of this as well:

I AM SHORT.   

If people don't like it; then they can take a back seat.  In this life, regardless of the heights of others, I chose to be the driver of the bus..

Hokkaido, be the leader, young man.  Stand on the two feet you have right now and realize that you have so much to be thankful for and so much you can achieve and be and feel... and  your HEIGHT should not stop you.   If you decide to do CLL one day; then it will be a challenging 6 months or so; but it will be your new height and you would have earned it. You can be proud of all your accomplishments ...make CLL just one of many great accomplishments.

Good luck ! and pm me if you have questions.

P.S.   I didn't disclose my CLL journey to anyone other then my most closest family members and friends.   This is a personal journey dedicated to only you and the ones who truly love you.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:13:48 AM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

MichaelJose

I really enjoyed reading that buddy! Great attitude

Singapore

@Fullstryde: I do believe that there are certain groups of people who will benefits more from CLL. And I think you have the attitude of a winner. You are ruthless, mature and knows what you want in life. And more importantly, you already seem to have most of what you want in life already. This surgery will help complete your life for sure.

FourNine

• Visitor

Beautifully said.

InFullStryde

Day 41 Post Op - Journey Continues... I have reached the 3 Centimeter Milestone! [3.009cm or 1.185 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers,

I have finally passed the 3 centimeter threshold! Feels good.  I am just about my sisters height and that is pretty cool.  Today was a good one. I no longer feel under the weather so this process is a lot easier to deal with. CLL is enough..and last thing i need is a cold to deal with on the side.   

Pain: Dull pain today, 1 - 2; but really nothing to think about. I had no real discomfort today other than being tight in my upper leg muscles.

Flexibility and movement: Legs are stronger every day..and continue to get better. My hamstrings and hips are tight so I'm keeping a close eye on this. My Pt is stretching me out and massaging the best he can; but honestly, I may not be able to work out most of these kinks until lengthening is over with.  We'll do our best.

Today's' Activities: I worked for a full day and went to PT. 

A good day overall! I'm in the middle of CLL; so not much to say....but overall, the day went by smoothly and easily.

Okay Guys, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  Talk soon and best regards.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

Day 43 Post Op - Check-Up with Dr. M is a success! [3.142cm or 1.237 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers!

First of all - my apologies for missing an update yesterday. I wasn't feeling so good! I had a bad headache, maybe a migraine, that lasted most of the day... so I needed to take some time away from the computer.  I'm feeling okay now. 

Met with Dr. Mahboubian:  I always love the days that I get to see Dr. M.  These are great check points for me to see how I'm doing in the doctors eyes as well as to verify that my bone is healing okay as well as confirm my lengthening.   Honestly,  Dr. M is a just a great personality to be around as well.  Although he is an accomplished Doctor, he does his part to make you feel comfortable inside the unknown. Always smiles abound in the offices.  The front counter is nice to me and then I get to see the nurse, Donna, who is just so much fun and such a joy to interact with.  Really, if you get a chance to meet her...it simply doesn't get any more nicer than she is.  I've been around too many hospitals and doctors' offices so I know what nurses can be like. She's exceptional.   So, as far as my meeting with Dr. M; things just are looking good all around.  Dr M was able to confirm that I am at about that 3.1 cm or 3.2 cm lengthening range, which is right on point to what I have been counting.   Additionally, my walking at this point is good.   I was asked to stand up and walk on the walker for several steps and I got a "you're doing great" and also, was asked to walk unassisted with no walker.  Dr. M was impressed and expressed how great it was to see me being able to already take steps without any assistance! These Stryde nails really are awesome! Had I been on precise 2.2, I'd still be wheelchair'ing and walkering at 50% weight bearing.  My walk, of course is a work in progress and only baby steps, since I have weeks and weeks of PT and strengthening to go; but overall, I did great and Dr. M was very pleased.  Additionally, my range of motion is good as I'm able to cross my legs over the other one; Dr, also grabbed both of my legs and gave them a good shake (testing that versatility, man!) AND virtually no sharp pain ANYWHERE on my legs.    I have a bit of tightness in my IT Bands, but as the Doc points out he released them but as they scar in; you're still going to have to work, work, work to stay lose.  Dr. M showed me a stretch to employ to aide in this.  Good news is that my PT has been implementing similar stretching the past few times; so already improvement here. I'm only about 18 days away from 2 inches my friends! and 43 days away from a possible 3 inches! If I can reach 3 inches, my goodness; that would be insanely great! but....hey one step at a time. 2 inches to me would be amazing and would already be a huge life changing gain for me.

Pain: Are you kidding me?! I had virtually no pain all day.  A big sign of improvement was how, I was able to basically x-ray myself.  Last time, getting on the x-ray machine was painful and this time; I jumped on the table and contorted in all the necessary ways.   Additionally, Dr. M, did his usual bending and twisting of my legs and he gave me nothing but a thumbs up! I had 0-2 pain all day.   I will add that I have been sick the past couple of days; so unfortunately, I haven't been able to enjoy the recent improvement in my legs.  I'm feeling a bit better now.

Flexibility and movement: Legs are really looking better.  I'm able to put my feet pretty close together without any pain, No real sign of pelvic tilt, and although I feel pretty tight; I'm able to move my legs in lots of new ways that I haven't been able to today. I'm also able to sleep on my side.  Additionally, my walk looks good assisted and I'm also able to take steps unaided...baby steps; but albeit....steps.  Imagine being able to walk with no assistance after two broken femurs in less than 45 days? Amazing Stryde Nail technology my friends.

Today's' Activities: I worked for a couple of hours, had Dr. appt with Dr. M and just relaxed. I'll do a self-PT session before bed time.

Today was a success.  I'm hoping that my legs stay pain free and that the tightness eases up as I push harder in PT. I know that it will get tougher as I add mm's; but hey...you got to try your best! 

Okay Guys, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know.  Talk soon and best regards.

As reference here are the latest X-Rays of my legs. It's all going text book so far.  3.142cm or 1.237 inches.

My LEFT

My RIGHT

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:18:44 AM by InFullStryde »

Cr7

Hi infullstryde
Your callous is looking good. Glad to hear that the pain management is getting better.

Good luck.

cool

Is there a benefit of using a physio instead of doing your own PT? Which exercises does physio help with the most?
8)

myloginacc

Hey, IFS. Thank you very much for writing the diary and sharing pictures.

You're an inspiration. The man makes the height. Not only are you sharing your journey and pics with us, free of charge, you also help others here struggling with their height dysphoria in the midst of your own LL - which is painful and hard. You also never allowed your height hold you back. Amazing.

Wishing you the best and that your LL goes as smoothly as humanly possible. Best of luck with the rest of your journey!
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

InFullStryde

Hi infullstryde
Your callous is looking good. Glad to hear that the pain management is getting better.

Good luck.

Thank you, Cr7! Pain management is definitely coming under control.  I do still experience pain as my next update will describe; but its better and better as time has worn on.

InFullStryde

Is there a benefit of using a physio instead of doing your own PT? Which exercises does physio help with the most?

It's good to incorporate both.  The PT will be a professional and provide you doctor like feedback on your condition.  Also, have your CLL doctor write a prescription for you to receive massage for your legs.  This really helps loosen up the tightness.   I get 3 leg massages per week to go along with 3 PT stretching sessions. The rest of the week, I stretch on my own. My insurance covers PT; so I anticipate on attending PT regularly for the next several months or at least until I'm able to walk well again.

InFullStryde

Hey, IFS. Thank you very much for writing the diary and sharing pictures.

You're an inspiration. The man makes the height. Not only are you sharing your journey and pics with us, free of charge, you also help others here struggling with their height dysphoria in the midst of your own LL - which is painful and hard. You also never allowed your height hold you back. Amazing.

Wishing you the best and that your LL goes as smoothly as humanly possible. Best of luck with the rest of your journey!

Myloginacc - I really appreciate your kind words my friend.   There are several on these message boards which are always very supportive and providing helpful input for CLL newbies and veterans alike.  You being included in the helpful category...thanks again and I look forward to reporting on how my journey continues.   We'll definitely be in touch again. Have a great weekend!

InFullStryde

Day 44 Post Op - Journey Continues... Giving it all I got [3.242cm or 1.276 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers,

Very chill day today and not to much to report.  I'm approaching the 1 and half inches taller mark..so that is exciting. I will detail some interesting items below!

Pain: Okay, I know last time I report a miraculous zero pain; well that was short lived! ha ha ha.   I woke up around 3:00am last night and of course; as a reward for sleeping 3 wonderful hours straight; my legs decided to scream at me with some moderate 5 level pain.   Its tough because the longer you hold your legs in one position without moving, the more your legs want to get tight and a bit angry ...well there you have it.  I just went ahead and woke up, took a tramadol, and stretched out a bit.  I even stood up and took some steps to just iron out the tightness.  The truth is that the pain starts to go away almost immediately after I get out of bed. The bed positions are causing me to experience that irregular tightness pain.  If anyone has any feedback on how to sleep easier, feel free to let me know.  All is all, it worked out. I got back to sleep and decided to get up around 8:00 am to start my day. Another note to consider is that at this point,  you will likely feel a bit of pain immediately after lengthening like I do.  It goes away in an hour or so and even faster if you stretch and actively move around.

Flexibility and movement:  Certain parts of my legs are definitely getting stronger each day.  I have started to consciously focus on my leg movements and additionally,  I am starting to take opportunities to walk without any assistance, meaning no walker, cane, etc.  These are small, waddling like steps at this point; but it is helpful to really begin to evaluate where you are with your gate.  I am going to push hard but wisely to become strong enough to support my walk.   As mentioned in other diaries your glues and hips are the last to return; so it is inevitable in most cases that you will sway a bit when you start to walk again.  This is why leveraging crutches and/or a walker throughout your recovery is important. These devices will help you support your hips/glutes as you strengthen, and hence allow you to practice your steps effectively and safety.  Million Dollar question is.... "Can you walk with no assistance?!"...Answer is Yes..i can stand up and walk with nothing helping me....but in time you get very sore and its not safe because my gate and balance isn't ready yet.  Hope that answers your question on that one if you were curious.  Flexibility is still 90 or better for most key stretches.  My Hamstrings and IT Band are tight; however, and fortunately I can still extend my legs fully and I'm not facing any real signs of duck butt (yet). I'll keep you posted.

Today's' Activities: I worked on my company items a bit, i ordered in some egg / veggie burritos to my apartment, i worked out for one hour on my bowflex, and i watched some Netflix documentaries.  Pretty chill

A good day overall.   I'm pushing toward my initial goal of 2 inches.  At that point, I will closely evaluate where I am at, how my body is responding and make decisions about my end goal as far as height increase goes.

MichaelJose

Great update pal - when you look in the mirror now, does it feel strange to see yourself at this new height - do you almost feel like a different person in terms of your physique?

Also as your proportions change day by day - is this something you are keeping a close eye on and will it influence your decision as to how much to lengthen?

InFullStryde

Great update pal - when you look in the mirror now, does it feel strange to see yourself at this new height - do you almost feel like a different person in terms of your physique?

Also as your proportions change day by day - is this something you are keeping a close eye on and will it influence your decision as to how much to lengthen?

Great question Michael Jose!  First, YES.  At nearly 1.5 inches taller, the difference is very noticeable and dramatic to me.   It especially stands out when I stand next to people that were my height before or about an inch taller.   Have received comments from my closet family about "Wow, you're taller than me now or you're my height".  It feels a lot better. On my way to PT, i stood next to two woman who stood about 5'3... before this surgery, at 5'1", I felt a bit awkward flat footed around them...It was really cool to be just about their height.  This surgery really does make a difference for men of all heights. Perspective is everything and since I have grown accustomed to the challenges of 5'1....As I passed the 5'2 mark and now approach the 5'3 mark... my body image is trending in such a positive direction. It's great and nothing has changed with the fact that I'm just grateful for every inch that I have and can get!

Re: Proporations.  YES. I'm keeping close eye because I too am curious about how it may impact me and I'd take it into consideration if it appeared to be impacted my aesthetic quality too much.  I almost sort of laugh about my long femurs when I look at them   Truthfully, it's not noticeable to the casual on looker.  You will notice your long femurs; but it will be highly unlikely that anyone will notice my extended femurs at all. Its actually kind of nice. I can remember going out to the movies or other places and having my legs next to others, while sitting, side by side, and my femurs would appear so much shorter than theirs...now I have some good lengthen on these.  :-)

Let me know if you have any more questions. It's about 9:30am here in California and I just woke up and boy oh boy, I'm tight. Will relax for a bit and then stretch.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:37:28 PM by InFullStryde »

Singapore

Hey man,
Congratulation on the 3 cm milestone. I cant wait to be there at the end of this month  ;D ;D
I just have one question for you: Do you still feel stiffness near your hip area when you lie down with your back and legs straight? I think its the IT band that causes this stiffness, but I am not sure. My ROM has improved so much everyday. I can bend my knee all the way to my butts now, but I still have this stiffness problem mentioned above, and I only started stretching my IT band a few days back, so I am not sure if this will get better soon.

InFullStryde

Hey man,
Congratulation on the 3 cm milestone. I cant wait to be there at the end of this month  ;D ;D
I just have one question for you: Do you still feel stiffness near your hip area when you lie down with your back and legs straight? I think its the IT band that causes this stiffness, but I am not sure. My ROM has improved so much everyday. I can bend my knee all the way to my butts now, but I still have this stiffness problem mentioned above, and I only started stretching my IT band a few days back, so I am not sure if this will get better soon.

Hi Singapore! Thank you!  I'm excited for you and I can't wait to see you succeed at 3cm!   My hips are still somewhat tight.  Not as much; but still a bit.  The hips and glute muscles will be the last to return. While on your back,  I recommend doing bridge exercises, extensions of each leg outward, squeeze your glutes often, knee raises, and also be sure to do IT band stretches.... while laying down, grab you knee and pull it toward the opposite shoulder.  Also, do Thomas Stretches.   The stiffness will go away faster then you believe. Also, once you are done with the distraction phase, everything will come back much faster...some improvements the body even does on it's own effort and you won't have to do anything for that gift. :-)  Once the bone consolidates, muscles are pretty smart and will know where they need to be in order for your movements to be valuable toward your walk.   

Great job on bending your knee to your butt! I'm barely past 90 degrees on that stretch.   My flexibility seems to get worse with every cm I add; But I'm just going to keep trying my best! Let me know if you have any more questions.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:25:02 PM by InFullStryde »

InFullStryde

Day 45 Post Op - Journey Continues... My left leg bugg'n again [3.308 cm or 1.303 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers,

Today was another pretty chill day. I dealt with most of the same issues as before which Ill summarize below. I will say this...one disappointment was that my left leg started to hurt me a bit today (again)...so i had to stay off of it most of the day. If history repeats it self; it should be feeling okay within a day or two so long that I do not aggravate it much.

Pain: In the previous night, I had about a 4 pain with my legs/knee area, of course since I was sleeping and my legs were locked into the same position..so pain happened as i woke up. I stood up and walked around a bit, stretched and got back into bed. During the day, I had little to no pain while resting my legs.  While walking and bearing weight; my left leg has a sore spot that I'm compensating for a bit.  Other then that; I'm okay in pain category at this time.

Flexibility and movement: I did well with stretching; but as far as walking around/movement, today was rough due to the sore left leg. I hope to report more tomorrow or following day; once the left leg soreness goes away.

Today's' Activities: I did very little.  Self-PT, Some work, and that was about it.

All in all, the day was just fine.  I'm keeping an eye on my tightness and left leg soreness.   I can't wait to get to 2 inches.  I'm about 16 days away. 

IwannaBeTaller

I hope the rest of your lengthening process will go as smoothly and complication-free as the beginning. Good luck!
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

InFullStryde

I hope the rest of your lengthening process will go as smoothly and complication-free as the beginning. Good luck!

Thank you so much, IwannaBeTaller. The support means a lot and helps me get through the day to day challenges of CLL a bit more easily.

InFullStryde

Day 46 Post Op - Journey Continues... Left leg feeling better, good PT session today. [3.407 cm or 1.341 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers,

It was a pretty good day today.  One big bright spot is that there was a noted improvement in my left leg. I expect that by tomorrow the left leg soreness should be healed up pretty good.  I'll summarize the rest of the day below.

Pain: I'm still trying to figure out the night time.  My legs again get very tight and the pain follows.  I'd say level 5-6 pain this time at bed time ONLY.  Other then that, the entire day is pretty much pain free.  I have no issue with my legs when I'm not sleeping in bed. I'm considering ordering a recliner. Maybe that will help.  Still trying to figure it out. 

Flexibility and movement: PT pushed me pretty hard today.  I'm doing all kinds of IT band and hamstring treatment / stretches.  They recognize that I'm trying to maximize my centimeters and I need to be looooooose in those hammy and ITB's...so ha ha, they are trying to stretch me out.  I appreciate the great effort. I should make it to 5cm with no issue which would be 2 inches... Every millimeter after 2inches will be a a bonus.    My PT is a clinic that treats all types of physical issues.... they are throwing EVERYTHING they know at CLL and I'm proud of them. They are rooting for me to get those inches.  They recognize that I stand to gain an inch or two. *smile*

Today's' Activities: 8 hour work day via remote connection, 1 hour PT, and 1 hour weight training for upper body.

Good day today.  15 days away from the MAGICAL 2 inch mark!  I'll keep working hard and I'll do all I can to stay loose enough. 

shortykon

• Visitor

Hi FullStryde, thank you for sharing this wonderful diary!

I will be having internal femur surgery with Dr. Rozburch in NYC around early April so your sharing is so precious to me to understand what similar experiences I will be going through.

How do you see yourself around 2 months post surgery in terms of dealing with daily tasks ? I am asking this because I am planning to take a 4 hours exam around June, which is near 60days post my upcoming April surgery. I want to do it but I am unsure if I can at that point  :'(

InFullStryde

Hi FullStryde, thank you for sharing this wonderful diary!

I will be having internal femur surgery with Dr. Rozburch in NYC around early April so your sharing is so precious to me to understand what similar experiences I will be going through.

How do you see yourself around 2 months post surgery in terms of dealing with daily tasks ? I am asking this because I am planning to take a 4 hours exam around June, which is near 60days post my upcoming April surgery. I want to do it but I am unsure if I can at that point  :'(

Hi Shortykon! Thank you for your kind words.

The first 2 weeks after surgery will be your most challenging.   You will most likely have difficulty moving around much. Week 3 and after this time you will be fine.   In 60 Days Post Op, You will most likely feel very good.... 1) you will be feeling great because of your new 2+ inches of height! and 2) You should be able to get around fairly easily on crutches or walker.  You will also have ability to weight-bare; but you likely will prefer to have some assistance from crutches.  At day 60, your pain will be dull and calm; not brutal and you should have no issue with your test. The timing is fine.

At 46 Days, I am able to get around easily  now on walker. I have clear thinking with low pain and can work 8+ hours a day remotely on the computer.  I am also, comfortable enough to work out on cable weight machine for upper body.  You will most likely be the same as me or better.  I hear good thinks about Dr. Rozburch.  Looks like you are in good hands.  My Doctor is Dr. Mahboubian and he has been great for me. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:58:40 AM by InFullStryde »

MichaelJose

Keep going IFS - may the great updates continue and perhaps a video or before and after photo too! ;)

YellowSpike

Hi IFS! I haven't posted in your diary before, but was skimming through it today. I have to say, I am very impressed with you. Good for you for showing others that at any height, you can be successful and land a great/attractive woman. You are obviously doing this for the right reason - for yourself!

Best of luck to you and congrats on the height gained so far!

Singapore

Also, once you are done with the distraction phase, everything will come back much faster...some improvements the body even does on it's own effort and you won't have to do anything for that gift. :-)  Once the bone consolidates, muscles are pretty smart and will know where they need to be in order for your movements to be valuable toward your walk.   

Great answer man. Thank you so much! I will be talking with my doctor about this today anyway :) Keep fighting my friend!!

InFullStryde

Keep going IFS - may the great updates continue and perhaps a video or before and after photo too! ;)

Thank you for the kind words man! As soon as I'm done with distraction phase, I plan on posting some pictures/video so that future LL'ers can see what to likely expect as far as their abilities at this point. So in about 4-6 weeks! Possibly sooner. I'll think about it.

Hi IFS! I haven't posted in your diary before, but was skimming through it today. I have to say, I am very impressed with you. Good for you for showing others that at any height, you can be successful and land a great/attractive woman. You are obviously doing this for the right reason - for yourself!

Best of luck to you and congrats on the height gained so far!

Really appreciate these words YellowSpike.   Height Dysphoria is real and I was fortunate to "see the light" enough to live a happy life despite the fact I am in the 1% of male height.   Being short and male is a total bummer because we aren't given the innate credit that our taller male counterparts get.   Having said this; HEIGHT DOES NOT MAKE THE MAN, The MAN MAKES THE HEIGHT.  Live your life to the fullest and then you can create a long list of accomplishments and one can also add those beautiful ladies too that TALL list as well that they enjoyed time with *smile*...finally at the very end of that list... One can add..."AND I was short.   I know it's possible.  I have lived it.   Now, this surgery is going to allow me to to take advantage of just a few more inches which will help me so very much.

Great answer man. Thank you so much! I will be talking with my doctor about this today anyway :) Keep fighting my friend!!

You too, Man! This CLL stuff is hard isn't it! We will do it and we will get past this and we will be better men for it!  We're so brave man.  Takes courage to do this.   I often look at short men in the world and because I know their challenges, I will often say.... "That guy right there is the strongest man in here.. no one is more tested than him and the trials he has had to face in this life".   

Okay on to my journal update for the day!

Day 47 Post Op - Journey Continues... Left leg feeling better, good PT session today. [3.476 cm or 1.37 inches Taller!]

Greetings LL'ers,

Another decent day.  Not much to report; but nonetheless I want you to know what a day 47 post - op looks like in the CLL world!   The night time, once again, a struggle.   My knees flare up every night; mainly due to holding a position for several hours.   I then get up, walk around, stretch and pain is over.   Repeat.   If you have any advice for me, please let me know. My friend is going to get me some heat pads and hopefully that helps.  I'm thinking that I  may  just have the ice  pack handy. Ice always provides relief for pain.  While resting, walking with walker, or walking with no walker (more like waddling at this phase! lol), I feel barely any pain. I'd say zero to 1.   I'm about 15 days away from 2 inches my friends. 2 inches is a game changer for me.  To me, anyways, I've been able to do so much with so little in my life when it comes to height.   At 5'1.25" I have been able to enjoy a happy life and experience the things that many of us short men feel is ...for lack of better terms ... out of our reach.... To me, every inch is incredible.   To me, two inches is big time.  It helps me and my situation so much. I'm grateful that I have been able to come this far at 1.37" and I'm going to work the best I can to get to that golden 5cm mark.  I'll keep you all posted.

Pain: At night, around 2:00am, my pain at easily a 5 or 6. My knee and lower femur area are just on fire from being stuck in one position all night; other then that...no pain. My left leg is fine. Even when I take unassisted "waddling" like steps...nevertheless YES they are steps, lol.... no pain. I leg muscles do get a bit tired; but for future LL'ers... At day 46...your pain should be very much under control and minimal.  Imagine?  You go through this tough procedure and after only 45 days or less you can walk, albeit, awkwardly, but hey you can walk and barely any pain? That is the power of a good surgeon and the STRYDE nail.  Do not go cheap, please. 

Flexibility and movement: I did 2 self-PT sessions today.... quads, hams, IT Bands, etc.   They felt good. My flexibility wasn't that good to start with; and its not any good now. Ha Ha, but I'm about 90 degrees on all the "tough" stretches, and doing okay with the others.  Leg strength is coming back slowly.    The cool thing about this process is that since I can weight bare, I'm able to practice my gait and really get some good excersie in using my body weight. I don't have to wait until month 4 and 5 to stand up and work my legs with my weight.  I'm only a bit over 1 month post op and I'm training my legs with my weight.   FOR THIS REASON, is why Doctors expect Stryde recovery to be much faster than the older nails.

Today's' Activities: 8 hour work day via remote connection, 2 - 1 hour Self PT, and 1 hour weight training for upper body.

Good day today.  15 days away from the MAGICAL 2 inch mark!  I'll keep working hard and I'll do all I can to stay loose enough.

shortykon

• Visitor

Thanks for the great share again IFS. Wish the best for you with fast recovery!!! ;D

ZUCC420

Now, i have decided to seek CLL to help with my height challenge. 2 - 3 inches on my bone is 2 - 3 inches that I do not need a shoe lift OR if i decided to wear a shoe lift, now I am 2 - 3 inches taller still!  Be creative and innovative.

What's stopping you from lengthening to 5 inches or more? 8cm in femur and 6cm in tibia is the "safe" limits according to Paley.

Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32   Go Up