Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 41669 times)

darkknight55, PANDA:BEAR.., totallyred and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

21FRANCO

HOW ARE YOU DOING MY GUY !!!???

InFullStryde

HOW ARE YOU DOING MY GUY !!!???

Doing great, man! Thanks for checking.  I'll be posting a progress walking video in about about 9 days. Legs are getting stronger and I can feel myself getting better bit by bit, day by day. 
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Now in Consolidation/Recovery Phase. I am WALKING again!
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

21FRANCO

I'm really happy my dude congrats!!.. you don't know how bad I want to do this procedure 😔

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 149 Post Op - Day 57 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers

It is another week down and I must report some great gains! I am starting to feel like I am approaching the status of having calm, comfortable, normal legs.  I am still experiencing tight quads and hips but my speed is just below average walking speed now at 2.5 mph (Average speed is about 3mph).  Additionally, my back is not hurting me anymore while walking and my stride has increased nicely. Overall I'm feeling much more comfortable. My anterior pelvic tilt (aka duck ass!) has improved a great deal as well, hence why my back pain has subsided significantly.  I'm going to start working out the legs at the gym tomorrow which should help accelerate my healing that much more as well as help me return and perhaps even surpass my previous physical appearance. All in time....myfriends.. All-in-time.  I will be posting a video of my latest walking gait by this Friday..so be on the lookout!  I am currently just a few days below 5 months post-op and 2 months post lengthening. 

Additional Notes:

-I am 100% returned back to my necessity life of working, working out, going out for drinks, parties, dinner, etc.
-I am able to walk 1 mile unassisted. Muscles are tired at the end but I can do it. 
-Can do a slow slow jog and have increased agility as well. Will try to demonstrate a bit on video
-My flexibility is improving nicely. I'm about 85-87% of what I was before surgery
-Challenges that exist at this phase: Getting up from a chair is not a walk in the park, but I am able to do it pretty smoothly. Still not 100% on that.   When resting or laying down for a long time, such as when asleep, it can take several minutes of warm up to deal with tightness.  Discomfort always goes away with some warm-up and stretching.  APT is still there but much much better.  Another month or two; it should subside even more.

That is it, for now, my friends.  I have my 6-month post-operative visit with Dr. M in late June and we'll see how my bone looks at almost exactly 6 months.

Thank you again for all of your support and guidance. I'm here to help as much as possible so please feel free to ask questions and our send me a PM as needed.

All the Best,

IFS!

tiggy

(Sunday) Day 149 Post Op - Day 57 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers

It is another week down and I must report some great gains! I am starting to feel like I am approaching the status of having calm, comfortable, normal legs.  I am still experiencing tight quads and hips but my speed is just below average walking speed now at 2.5 mph (Average speed is about 3mph).  Additionally, my back is not hurting me anymore while walking and my stride has increased nicely. Overall I'm feeling much more comfortable. My anterior pelvic tilt (aka duck ass!) has improved a great deal as well, hence why my back pain has subsided significantly.  I'm going to start working out the legs at the gym tomorrow which should help accelerate my healing that much more as well as help me return and perhaps even surpass my previous physical appearance. All in time....myfriends.. All-in-time.  I will be posting a video of my latest walking gait by this Friday..so be on the lookout!  I am currently just a few days below 5 months post-op and 2 months post lengthening. 

Additional Notes:

-I am 100% returned back to my necessity life of working, working out, going out for drinks, parties, dinner, etc.
-I am able to walk 1 mile unassisted. Muscles are tired at the end but I can do it. 
-Can do a slow slow jog and have increased agility as well. Will try to demonstrate a bit on video
-My flexibility is improving nicely. I'm about 85-87% of what I was before surgery
-Challenges that exist at this phase: Getting up from a chair is not a walk in the park, but I am able to do it pretty smoothly. Still not 100% on that.   When resting or laying down for a long time, such as when asleep, it can take several minutes of warm up to deal with tightness.  Discomfort always goes away with some warm-up and stretching.  APT is still there but much much better.  Another month or two; it should subside even more.

That is it, for now, my friends.  I have my 6-month post-operative visit with Dr. M in late June and we'll see how my bone looks at almost exactly 6 months.

Thank you again for all of your support and guidance. I'm here to help as much as possible so please feel free to ask questions and our send me a PM as needed.

All the Best,

IFS!

Hey IFS,
Great progress man! I certainly see why getting up from a chair is a big challenge! It requires strong legs and balance. Funny how something as simple as getting up from a chair is taken for granted pre-op, I certainly did. But the extra inches are worth the hussle to getting that ability back. You are doing great brother, I'm very happy to read about the progress you are making ;). Looking forward to more updates in the future!

Movie

Greetings CLL'ers

Additional Notes:

All the Best,

IFS!

Excellent! Thanks for the update IFS  8)
Starting height: 167cm Goal 175+ With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian

lax2018

• Visitor

great!!  thanks for your post again!

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 156 Post Op - Day 63 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good morning CLL'ers!

Another week down and I wanted to just provide a weekly update.  I am getting better, STILL, a bit by bit each and every day.   I'm walking around with no assistance and my walk is looking pretty good, but not 100%... I'd say 90%.  It takes time due to the tightness in the quadriceps.   

Notes below:

-Walking is now approaching normal. If my CLL procedure was a plane ride; the captain would be on the loudspeaker saying "Good evening Passengers, please be seated and buckle up; we are now starting our descent into sunny Los Angeles California; 3 inches taller, of course.  I'm on the final leg of this stretch guys. 

-My Duck Ass is just about healed.  Thank goodness. It just takes time; so when you do get Duck ass and trust me you most likely will get some duck ass if you stretch your height 3 inches; don't panic; just keep working out and stretching and it gets better.  My back pain is now gone.

-The two areas that need remediation still...Quadriceps muscles feel tight, particularly above the knee area. Must stretch, stretch, stretch, and continue walking and performing my usual motions in order to break down this tightness and have the stretched muscle adjust to the new length.   Another area is the strength of my legs.  After you're done lengthening it will take some time, probably a few months or more to regain the strength you need to walk long distances. I can walk about 1 mile right now however, I'm pretty tired afterward. I must continue to walk and train to get stronger.  In due time.

-I have no more pain

-I am just about 100% returned back to my normal life.  Other than moving a bit slowly as I recover; I no longer am having to compensate due to the CLL procedure.

I'll continue to update weekly and again, will provide a video of my walk at the 5-month point at some point this week.

Thank you again for all of your support and feel free to reach out with any questions.

TheAlchemist

Amazing InFullStryde! Your journey has been inspiring and your diary will be an asset for future LLers like myself. To see where you are now, after having faced all of your challenges and pushed through to get to a point where you are enjoying your height and living your best life, puts a huge smile on my face. Excited to see the video soon!

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All

This is one of the best diaries I've read on here, it's truly motivational.

FutureManuteBol

Keep pushing, bro!

InFullStryde

Keep pushing, bro!

Amazing InFullStryde! Your journey has been inspiring and your diary will be an asset for future LLers like myself. To see where you are now, after having faced all of your challenges and pushed through to get to a point where you are enjoying your height and living your best life, puts a huge smile on my face. Excited to see the video soon!

This is one of the best diaries I've read on here, it's truly motivational.

Thank you for the support, guys. I'm almost through this. 

21FRANCO

Hey man great to know you are doing really good in how many months after the surgery does the STRYDE come off also does it cost money to take them out?

InFullStryde

Hey man great to know you are doing really good in how many months after the surgery does the STRYDE come off also does it cost money to take them out?

Thank you. I just walked a mile unassisted and it felt good.   

Stryde comes out between 1-2 years. I will likely wait until after the Superbowl in 2020.   It costs about $7,000 after insurance.

21FRANCO

Does it exactly have to come out in 1-2 years or is it fine if you keep it in longer

PANDA:BEAR..

InFullStryde... has done... amazingly . He planned his surgery and went with one of the Worlds top doctors .... it certainly pays to get your surgery done by the top American doctors !

InFullStryde

Good afternoon CLL'ers!

As promised here is a video of me exactly 5 months + 7 day post-surgery! and 2 months post lengthening.  Still working on some tightness but getting there! I'm still weeks away from where I want to be but as you can see; progress is being made.  I feel pretty decent about where I'm at for the 5 month point.  I am going to continue to attend PT 3 times a week and keeping movin'! movin'!  All in all, however, I can walk again and I'm eternally grateful for that.  I'll have my usual weekly update on Sunday.   P.S. That is my sister laughing! It's pretty funny to go outside for the sole purpose to record your walk! Fun times. 

5 Month + 7 Day Post OP Walk (I'm actually doing maintenance work; so excuse the messy clothes and shoes)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:59:41 PM by InFullStryde »

lax2018

• Visitor

great!!
Thank you !

TheAlchemist

Amazing! Your walk  looks great and I love the side step you threw in at the end. Also, your proportions look really good! I hope my walk looks as good as yours at 5 months. This is so inspiring. I read through your entire diary and it’s given me an honest look at how much hard work this experience requires and how amazing the finish line is. Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:49:46 PM by TheAlchemist »

dinozzo

Great results, hard work and dedication pays off, good luck in your future.

jaybam

Looking good man! How long do you need PT for?

21FRANCO

Congrats my guy 👌👌👌👌

Ghostfish

Wow! IFS  You are awesome!  Your walking looks really good!  I can see your confidence from the way you walk in your video.
So happy for you and grateful for you making a huge contribution to this forum and to the prospective LL patients.
Enjoy your new height!

PANDA:BEAR..

Great video... thanks for the update... wish u well  8)

InFullStryde

Great video... thanks for the update... wish u well  8)

Wow! IFS  You are awesome!  Your walking looks really good!  I can see your confidence from the way you walk in your video.
So happy for you and grateful for you making a huge contribution to this forum and to the prospective LL patients.
Enjoy your new height!

Congrats my guy 👌👌👌👌

Looking good man! How long do you need PT for?

Great results, hard work and dedication pays off, good luck in your future.

Amazing! Your walk  looks great and I love the side step you threw in at the end. Also, your proportions look really good! I hope my walk looks as good as yours at 5 months. This is so inspiring. I read through your entire diary and it’s given me an honest look at how much hard work this experience requires and how amazing the finish line is. Thank you!

great!!
Thank you !

Thank you, guys.  I really appreciate it.  The journey continues; but I'm no longer in the THICK of it.  Each week there is progress.  On Sunday, I'll go into more detail about the positives and the remaining challenges.   I plan on continuing the formal clinic PT 3 times a week for another 5 or 6 weeks.  I expect to slow it down to 2 days or just 1 day after that; until I'm jogging at a good pace, again. 

All the Best!

IFS

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 163 Post Op - Day 70 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Hi Guys,  Sorry for the delay. This is a quick update of my recovery as of last Sunday.  I continue to get better, bit-by-bit, each and every day.  I just got back from a 5-day trip where I walked about 60,000 steps. I was a tad tired and my walk wasn't perfect (it's about 85%, there); but it was good enough to get me anywhere I needed and did not look bad at all.   I continue to attend PT and just be patient as my leg muscles get more and more loose and stronger as time wears on.  One interesting point about my walking....and perhaps some other veterans have experienced this as well... After resting the legs in a chair or laying down, ..it takes a bit of time, maybe 3-5 minutes to get warmed up and loose enough to walk nicely again.  Usually, as soon as I stand up, I'll do standing knee raises and walk in place for a bit to just loosen up.  Again, as time wears on; the need for this becomes less and less...but I thought it to be worth mentioning. 

Guys, that is it for now.  I'll continue to update weekly. Feel free to ask me any questions as needed.

For those who missed it, here was my walk 5 months and 7 days post surgery, below:

Talk soon,

FutureManuteBol

Awesome, man. always look forward to your updates.

21FRANCO

I have a question since you got the LL PROCEDURE HAVE YOU HAD TO  BUY BIGGER PANTS,SHOES OR SHIRTS SINCE YOU INCREASED IN HEIGHT?

short

why shoes???  :o ;D

21FRANCO

Lol sorry I'm an amateur in this I was also trying to measure myself with the yellow tape measuring stick but I don't know if that's an accurate way to measure my height because it says I'm 5 ft 7 3/4 but when I put my body against the wall I'm literally 5 ft 8 so I don't know if thats aaan accurate way to measure height 🤔

InFullStryde

I have a question since you got the LL PROCEDURE HAVE YOU HAD TO  BUY BIGGER PANTS,SHOES OR SHIRTS SINCE YOU INCREASED IN HEIGHT?

Hi Franco,

Not really; but since I have 3 more inches of height, my pants actually fit better since they were always long before.  My shirts fit a little looser, unfortunately, because I lost a bit of muscle mass since I wasn't able to do the kind of weight training I was used too; however, I'm gaining it all back.  Overall, not much change in clothing; other than I'm motivated to go out and buy new clothes to compliment the 3 added inches.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Up