Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 68538 times)

InFullStryde

Lol @bones.  What's yours ?
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered! I am WALKING again and training hard.
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

ferniebritishcolumbia

Are you back to normal life? I’m thinking if 2.5cm femur and 2.5cm tibia

InFullStryde

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've updated. I'll be sure to chime in shortly on here.  I'm back to normal living!  It is now 1 year and 3 months post-op.   I will just say that the surgery was life changing, worth every penny and the best decision I have ever made.

Nestor

Great to hear that everything is going good IFS! Have you had the rods removed yet? Do you find any niggles or pains after 1+ years post op?

snowpiecer

Hi IFS!
I just did 7.5 cm internal femurs. I just realised I have an anterior pelvic tilt/ hyperlordosis. I know you also had it. Can you tell me what did you do to fix it? After how long did it go away? Did your height increase by like 1cm after fixing it?

InFullStryde

Great to hear that everything is going good IFS! Have you had the rods removed yet? Do you find any niggles or pains after 1+ years post op?

Hi Nestor!  Sorry for the delay in responding.  It is now 1 year and 5 months since my surgery. I plan to have the Rods removed before the end of the year and likely within the next few months.   I still have the rods in at this time.    Right now, I rarely have any kind of pain and my legs feel completely normal. On occasion, I will feel a bit of soreness resulting from some tightness that I'm still working out in my quad muscles.  All-in-All, I feel no pain and am very comfortable.   

I'll be updating my diary shortly with more details related to my CLL outcomes, impacts, as well as the nail removal process.

All the Best,

IFS

InFullStryde

Hi IFS!
I just did 7.5 cm internal femurs. I just realised I have an anterior pelvic tilt/ hyperlordosis. I know you also had it. Can you tell me what did you do to fix it? After how long did it go away? Did your height increase by like 1cm after fixing it?

Hi Snowpiecer,

I completely understand what you're going through.  Here is the good news.  APT WILL GO AWAY and it is NOT a permanent state for you.  Within about 2 months after I completed distraction, the APT wasn't noticeable.  I still felt it however and as each passing month goes by, APT will resolve itself.   

To fix it:  Walk 1-2 miles everyday at least,  do exercises that will stretch your quadriceps, and strengthen your glutes.  Also, incorporate abdominal workouts.   Your APT is from tight hips/quads and weak butt, abs.   Planks are one of my favorite exercises to combat this.   In all, we're just talking about 20-30 minutes of stretching and strengthening in these areas, each day  We should all be doing that anyways regardless of whether we did CLL or not.   In my diary I listed several videos that can help. Please browse through when you have some time.

Good luck and All the best,

IFS

Khaleddefine

About the tendon release surgery what did the doctor told you about biceps femoris. It band. Did you meet an older patient

Movie

Good to hear from you again IFS 1 year 5 months wow, time flies lol.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

Good to hear from you again IFS 1 year 5 months wow, time flies lol.

Hi Movie! It sure does, man.  Congratulations on getting through the 'brunt' of the CLL journey. It's all good from here as we train and recover; but man o man; isn't it nice to walk again and be normal?! Ha - Ha. What a journey and life-changing.  Another lease on life to be honest.   Congratulations and let's keep in touch.  Big things ahead for us both.

Movie

Hi Movie! It sure does, man.  Congratulations on getting through the 'brunt' of the CLL journey. It's all good from here as we train and recover; but man o man; isn't it nice to walk again and be normal?! Ha - Ha. What a journey and life-changing.  Another lease on life to be honest.   Congratulations and let's keep in touch.  Big things ahead for us both.
Thanks IFS! definitely is (: haha. Yeah we'll stay in touch IFS glad to hear from you again man you've been MIA lately lol
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

snowpiecer

Hey! Did you look at both pictures? Cuz the one when I relax my body is below. Sorry to send this here. I exceeded the max number of messages in 1 hour  xD

InFullStryde

Hey! Did you look at both pictures? Cuz the one when I relax my body is below. Sorry to send this here. I exceeded the max number of messages in 1 hour  xD

Hi Snow! Yes, I sure did. You're doing just fine with the APT.  The relaxed is fine for the 5-month point.  The APT will gradually improve.  One note: It's positive that you're able to tighten your abs and glutes and come that close to straitening.  When someone has serious/severe APT, post-CLL, not even the flexing allows them to be closer to the upright position again.  You're good to go and its all comparable to good/normal pace in the CLL process.

snowpiecer

Great to hear that! That's a relieve cuz I was really starting to worry about my APT. Thanks again for reviewing the photos. Much appreciate it. As of now, I'm gonna exercise even more everyday.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:28:33 AM by snowpiecer »

InFullStryde

Great to hear that! That's a relieve cuz I was really starting to worry about my APT. Thanks again for reviewing the photos. Much appreciate it. As of now, I'm gonna exercise even more everyday.

I must say; one of the harder aspects of the entire CLL process for me was where I needed to have patience post-distraction.   Once distraction is completed; you just want the entire thing to be over with.  Realistically, you start to feel normal and begin to celebrate around 6/7 months.    6/7 months is no big deal.

lang319

• Visitor

It took me a week to completely read the theme of INS. From the first page to here, the powerful IFS is beautiful! It has given me a great incentive. I have been swinging whether to do it, I think, I am now Seriously consider doing LL surgery.IFS,thanks!!

k1erz

What a fantastic and inspiring diary.

You’re one of the reasons I’ll be going ahead with this procedure next year, hopefully with Giotikas or Paley.

InFullStryde

It took me a week to completely read the theme of INS. From the first page to here, the powerful IFS is beautiful! It has given me a great incentive. I have been swinging whether to do it, I think, I am now Seriously consider doing LL surgery.IFS,thanks!!

Thank you for the kind words, Lang!  If you need any advice along the way, feel free to reach out!

All the Best,

IFS

InFullStryde

What a fantastic and inspiring diary.

You’re one of the reasons I’ll be going ahead with this procedure next year, hopefully with Giotikas or Paley.

Hi K1erz, I'm so glad that you found my diary helpful in your decision-making process. CLL changed my life for the better and I'm so glad I decided to go forward with this life changing procedure!  You cannot go wrong with either surgeon.   If you need any advice along the way; feel free to reach out.

All the Best,

IFS

Movie

IFS do you have any pains still lingering around? I'm almost 1 year post op and my right knee and thigh have been killing me in the night lately it's been maybe like a week! /:

InFullStryde

Hi Movie,

It is completely normal to have lingering pains 1-year post-op. Another CLL Legend, Bone Stretching, was just mentioning that to me the other day regarding those lingering pains.   Back at my one year point; I indeed had those "every so often pains".   This comes from your body adjusting to "normalized" activity while it is still healing.  One has to remember that we endured a 'traumatic' event to both of our legs and although we are one-year post-op; we are technically just approaching the 9-month point since our last lengthening session.   

Having said all of this; I had lingering pains that came and went at the 1-year point as well.  Now at 19 months post-op; I no longer experience any pain.   My only reminders of CLL are a light stiffness at-times and I'm still working to regain full strength in my legs.  This will take some more time, but I anticipate being closer to 100% at the 2-year point come January 2021.   

Keep us all posted on how you feel, but I anticipate you're doing just fine.   Perhaps lay off a bit on the training to let the built-up inflammation go down. I'm sure that this is all from pushing your legs very hard during your post distraction recovery.

All the best buddy!

IFS

P.S. I have to schedule my nail removal :::DREAD:::, Lol.  So, I will be back shortly to FIRST summarize my CLL procedure experience, the impact it has had on my life, and provide a full play-by-play for everyone on how the nail removal goes!   I'll keep you all posted on my surgery date!   I can't believe I'll be be back in the OR soon. Ha!

Movie

Yeah bro I've been relaxing and letting it heal and It's much better now than when I posted that last message lol! alright makes me feel much better thanks IFS!
yes I've heard 2 year post op is the golden time where a lot of people reported catching up with pre-op abilities.

Haha good luck on the nail removal! will you be doing it wth Mahboubian?

InFullStryde

Yeah bro I've been relaxing and letting it heal and It's much better now than when I posted that last message lol! alright makes me feel much better thanks IFS!
yes I've heard 2 year post op is the golden time where a lot of people reported catching up with pre-op abilities.

Haha good luck on the nail removal! will you be doing it wth Mahboubian?

Sure thing.  Yes, will be having nails removed with good ole', Doc. M.

wyrmhero

• Visitor

Hello InFullStryde. I have a question. Does this surgery affect your libido or erection ability? ^^

InFullStryde

Hello InFullStryde. I have a question. Does this surgery affect your libido or erection ability? ^^

Not at all; but the high volume of ladies that your new confidence will present to you; provides for an entirely whole new challenge!

StrydeNailChallenge

• Visitor

Hi IFS and All,

This is my first my message on this board. I will soon start posting my daily experiences with the goal of trying to help other LL'ers.

I would like to start with thanking IFS for helping others, including me.  @ IFS, I would like you to know that you are my man and you are my hero! You are part of this game, and your one of the reasons why I so far seem to be handling it well.

Thanks a lot Brother,
P.S.
You may call me SNC (Stryde Nail Challenge).

InFullStryde

Hi IFS and All,

This is my first message on this board. I will soon start posting my daily experiences with the goal of trying to help other LL'ers.

I would like to start by thanking IFS for helping others, including me.  @ IFS, I would like you to know that you are my man and you are my hero! You are part of this game and your one of the reasons why I so far seem to be handling it well.

Thanks a lot, Brother,
P.S.
You may call me SNC (Stryde Nail Challenge).

Greetings SNC,

Thank you for sharing this! I am humbled and so,so grateful to be apart of your journey. Congratulations on making this tough decision. You will undoubtedly be successful.  Keep going strong!   

I always say that the decision to undergo CLL is never about necessity; it is not required and never needed. Going forward with CLL is all about doing something great for yourself.  CLL is about doing what you WANT and is a personal decision based on your own truths and desires and not anyone else's.  I will also add that the entire CLL experience is a special one.  You not only elevate a very noticeable and physical, 2-3 inches higher, but you also grow in wisdom, heart, and perspective.  You will never be the same person after CLL because you're quite simply better than ever before.  It's hard to imagine but I know this to be true now.   Feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions or feedback regarding it.

All the best,

IFS

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]   Go Up