Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123118 times)

21FRANCO

Congrats my guy 👌👌👌👌

Ghostfish

Wow! IFS  You are awesome!  Your walking looks really good!  I can see your confidence from the way you walk in your video.
So happy for you and grateful for you making a huge contribution to this forum and to the prospective LL patients.
Enjoy your new height!

PANDA:BEAR..

Great video... thanks for the update... wish u well  8)

InFullStryde

Great video... thanks for the update... wish u well  8)

Wow! IFS  You are awesome!  Your walking looks really good!  I can see your confidence from the way you walk in your video.
So happy for you and grateful for you making a huge contribution to this forum and to the prospective LL patients.
Enjoy your new height!

Congrats my guy 👌👌👌👌

Looking good man! How long do you need PT for?

Great results, hard work and dedication pays off, good luck in your future.

Amazing! Your walk  looks great and I love the side step you threw in at the end. Also, your proportions look really good! I hope my walk looks as good as yours at 5 months. This is so inspiring. I read through your entire diary and it’s given me an honest look at how much hard work this experience requires and how amazing the finish line is. Thank you!

great!!
Thank you !

Thank you, guys.  I really appreciate it.  The journey continues; but I'm no longer in the THICK of it.  Each week there is progress.  On Sunday, I'll go into more detail about the positives and the remaining challenges.   I plan on continuing the formal clinic PT 3 times a week for another 5 or 6 weeks.  I expect to slow it down to 2 days or just 1 day after that; until I'm jogging at a good pace, again. 

All the Best!

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 163 Post Op - Day 70 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Hi Guys,  Sorry for the delay. This is a quick update of my recovery as of last Sunday.  I continue to get better, bit-by-bit, each and every day.  I just got back from a 5-day trip where I walked about 60,000 steps. I was a tad tired and my walk wasn't perfect (it's about 85%, there); but it was good enough to get me anywhere I needed and did not look bad at all.   I continue to attend PT and just be patient as my leg muscles get more and more loose and stronger as time wears on.  One interesting point about my walking....and perhaps some other veterans have experienced this as well... After resting the legs in a chair or laying down, ..it takes a bit of time, maybe 3-5 minutes to get warmed up and loose enough to walk nicely again.  Usually, as soon as I stand up, I'll do standing knee raises and walk in place for a bit to just loosen up.  Again, as time wears on; the need for this becomes less and less...but I thought it to be worth mentioning. 

Guys, that is it for now.  I'll continue to update weekly. Feel free to ask me any questions as needed.

For those who missed it, here was my walk 5 months and 7 days post surgery, below:

Talk soon,
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

FutureManuteBol

Awesome, man. always look forward to your updates.

21FRANCO

I have a question since you got the LL PROCEDURE HAVE YOU HAD TO  BUY BIGGER PANTS,SHOES OR SHIRTS SINCE YOU INCREASED IN HEIGHT?

short

why shoes???  :o ;D

21FRANCO

Lol sorry I'm an amateur in this I was also trying to measure myself with the yellow tape measuring stick but I don't know if that's an accurate way to measure my height because it says I'm 5 ft 7 3/4 but when I put my body against the wall I'm literally 5 ft 8 so I don't know if thats aaan accurate way to measure height 🤔

InFullStryde

I have a question since you got the LL PROCEDURE HAVE YOU HAD TO  BUY BIGGER PANTS,SHOES OR SHIRTS SINCE YOU INCREASED IN HEIGHT?

Hi Franco,

Not really; but since I have 3 more inches of height, my pants actually fit better since they were always long before.  My shirts fit a little looser, unfortunately, because I lost a bit of muscle mass since I wasn't able to do the kind of weight training I was used too; however, I'm gaining it all back.  Overall, not much change in clothing; other than I'm motivated to go out and buy new clothes to compliment the 3 added inches.

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 170 Post Op - Day 77 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good afternoon CLL'ers.  I thought I'd jump in and make another update for you as of today.   Well, I'm coming up on 6 months and things are looking pretty good.  I'm able to walk pretty well and there isn't really anything I cannot do with regard to walking and getting around.   I've created a small list of things I'm still working on

-Takes a few minutes and several warm-up steps to get the legs going after sitting or laying down for prolonged periods of time
-Muscles in legs are generally weak and tire earlier than they used to.  I am able to walk 1+ miles however I do get tired so will need to strengthen.
-Feel some tightness in the quad/hip areas as expected. Will need to continue to stretch.
-I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt that continues to improve.  This should go away soon as I exercise and get back into overall good shape.

Overall I feel like I'm coasting along now.   My goal was to be able to walk and be somewhat normal/ambulatory by the 6th-month mark and I have met that goal.  My next objective is to further strengthen my legs so that I can approach a more athletic status again and I just want to get back to my old self. I look forward to taking care of the residual impacts of CLL during the coming few months.   

Guys, not much to say for now.  I'll soon be creating some post and updates that stem around the impact that the procedure has had on my life. It's positive and life change.

All the best,

IFS

BeYourBest

Really good process in recent weeks! Video is great. Hopefully you get back to normal very soon!

Thanks for the updates too!

InFullStryde

Really good process in recent weeks! Video is great. Hopefully you get back to normal very soon!

Thanks for the updates too!

Thank you BYB! It's been an incredible journey so far. I'm grateful to have the basic necessity of walking back and looking forward to becoming athletic again.  I feel confident that I can return to form.

MichaelJose

(Sunday) Day 170 Post Op - Day 77 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Guys, not much to say for now.  I'll soon be creating some post and updates that stem around the impact that the procedure has had on my life. It's positive and life change.

All the best,

IFS

Yes bro! I love the philosophical insights - looking forward to hearing what you have to say!!

TheAlchemist

I'll soon be creating some post and updates that stem around the impact that the procedure has had on my life. It's positive and life change.

Really looking forward to this. Insight into the psychological outcome of this experience is rare. Thank you IFS for providing us with what is, IMO, the most comprehensive diary here, I know you are a busy man and your time is valuable enjoying your new height so this is greatly appreciated.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

OGfivesevener

Hey IFS,

I starting getting into resistance bands for a travel friendly workout option.

Have you looked into these? I feel like they might be great tools for recovery and strengthening the legs back up. More functional strength I feel.

Those short roughly 12'' ones you can wrap around both legs and do all sorts of movements. I'm bringing mine for sure.

OGfivesevener

Oh btw, the travel workout option is with the longer, more resistance ones. Which also might come in handy for recovery once your legs are strong enough to stand on the bands.

Great option for LLers when traveling to the gym isn't convenient.

InFullStryde

Hey IFS,

I starting getting into resistance bands for a travel-friendly workout option.

Have you looked into these? I feel like they might be great tools for recovery and strengthening the legs back up. More functional strength I feel.

Those short roughly 12'' ones you can wrap around both legs and do all sorts of movements. I'm bringing mine for sure.

Thank you for the advice OG.  You're right.  The bands are excellent.  My PT Clinic uses them with me and they help a great deal.  I wish I would have used them more when I was doing my own private PT at home.   I just started getting into them again and it's helping me build my strength in legs which is a top challenge for me. Do you have multiple resistance options with these? I would post what you mean here if you can. Future CLL'ers can really benefit from these bands. It's my personal opinion that they are the most accessible and perhaps most effective way to strengthen while lengthening (Month 1 -3) and also during the early stages of recovery (Month 4-7).

Thank you again!

IFS

OGfivesevener

The short ones are very affordable. The longer ones can add up depending on how heavy you go. Tons of options on Amazon.

I'd get the light-heavy short ones and even Xheavy ones because they're affordable: https://www.amazon.com/Limm-Resistance-Bands-Exercise-Loops/dp/B07QKM4BQF?th=1

The longer ones when you get stable enough: https://www.amazon.com/Serious-Steel-Assisted-Resistance-Powerlifting/dp/B07BY89MTY

A cheap door anchor for more movements with your legs. Picture anchoring at the bottom of the door: https://www.amazon.com/DYNAPRO-Anchor-Extra-D-Handle-Resistance/dp/B00K2323LE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_200_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0N377K4KYX787YGQGT38

These types of bands I avoided due to more breakable parts: https://www.amazon.com/UPOWEX-Resistance-Bands-Set-Attachment/dp/B07Q17TWJR/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_200_t_2/142-2223886-0379230?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=4M3M2T72K8EQA9BB5H3C

Hey.... IFS, are you doing anymore leg lengthening in the future?

InFullStryde

Hey.... IFS, are you doing anymore leg lengthening in the future?

No more for me, man.  I do believe I am done with CLL for good.

21FRANCO

Thanks for answering all my questions !!! 👌👌 Just one more because I feel this one is important.. since you got the LL is their a time limit that you could stand before your legs get tierd or can you stand for long periods of time without your legs bothering you.. or is that just something that happens after the procedure and gets better over time

Jubartt169

Hey IFS, you sound you've been doing great

How is your diet going ? Taking supplements ? amount of calories ?

InFullStryde

Thanks for answering all my questions !!! 👌👌 Just one more because I feel this one is important.. since you got the LL is their a time limit that you could stand before your legs get tierd or can you stand for long periods of time without your legs bothering you.. or is that just something that happens after the procedure and gets better over time

Hi Franco.  At this point (about 6 months), I can stand for hours, as needed.  The legs are going to get a bit tired; since I'm still not 100% strengthened; but 100% will come soon.  Overall, my walking and standing are comfortable now.

InFullStryde

Hey IFS, you sound you've been doing great

How is your diet going ? Taking supplements ? amount of calories ?

Hi Jubart,

Everything is going great as far as I'm concerned.  My diet is normal. I usually eat a lot of veggies and protein.  I'm a meat eater also, so a steady dose of chicken and fish is okay for me.   I'm taking Vitamin D, C, MultiVitamin, and Protein Shake for added meals.  I'm actually about 10 lbs heavier than my average weight before CLL... That combined 6 inches of added bone definitely adds to the weight because I'm not any bigger or anything around the stomach or upper body.   Calories are at about 2000-2500 per day.

FutureStryder

• Visitor

Why did he stop writing ? Something wrong?? Any complication after months ?

InFullStryde

Why did he stop writing ? Something wrong?? Any complication after months ?

Hi Stryder, I still update one time a week, every Sunday.  During consolidation and recovery; there isn't too much to write about since the daily routine is the same.  I had zero complications and I'm walking very well.  Also, just started to do a light jog.

Hi Jubart,

Everything is going great as far as I'm concerned.  My diet is normal. I usually eat a lot of veggies and protein.  I'm a meat eater also, so a steady dose of chicken and fish is okay for me.   I'm taking Vitamin D, C, MultiVitamin, and Protein Shake for added meals.  I'm actually about 10 lbs heavier than my average weight before CLL... That combined 6 inches of added bone definitely adds to the weight because I'm not any bigger or anything around the stomach or upper body.   Calories are at about 2000-2500 per day.

So the .. the 6 inches bone .. gives you more weight? 

InFullStryde

So the .. the 6 inches bone .. gives you more weight?

I believe it does. I'll ask Dr. M. It has to give you a bit more.

FutureStryder

• Visitor

Hi Stryder, I still update one time a week, every Sunday.  During consolidation and recovery; there isn't too much to write about since the daily routine is the same.  I had zero complications and I'm walking very well.  Also, just started to do a light jog.

I'm so happy for you to hear that. I hope you also do your gym workout for upper body regularly.

Any remaining pain ? Duck ass gone completely?

InFullStryde

I'm so happy for you to hear that. I hope you also do your gym workout for upper body regularly.

Any remaining pain ? Duck ass gone completely?

Thank you! Yes; back at the gym and working out pretty much everything...Upper and lower body.   Pain is gone and Duck is pretty much gone.. I think 95%.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32   Go Up