Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122461 times)

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 177 Post Op - Day 84 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good morning CLL'ers!

Another update coming live from sunny So Cal.   As it turns out my condition continues to get better.  Today is by far the best I have felt with my legs since the day before surgery.    The CLL process has been a fascinating one to me.  If you're lucky enough; you truly do get a little bit better each and every single day.  I'm pushing up against 6 months now and I'll describe below what that means.  I know that the 6-month mark is somewhat the golden date that Doctors will typically inform you as far as walking normal again.  I'll explain what 6 months is to me...

6 Months for Me...

I can walk again.   I have some stiffness which can be felt and if examined very closely can be seen too. The tightness is from the quadriceps.  It does not impact me from doing anything out of necessity.   I can stand for as long as I need to and probably walk 2 - 3 miles without a break if I needed to.  I went on a trip about 2 weeks ago where I needed to walk about 60,000 steps over 5 days.   I was tired and there was some "Drag"; meaning my gait would be a tad off as the walking became prolonged, but It wasn't bad. I just look like a guy who maybe is "recovering from something" but nothing that indicated any major problems.  I was pretty normal to the common onlooker.   At 6 months I can do a slow jog and I have some versatility back.  I'm not flirting with athletics yet, however. I can do small jumping, hopping, pivots, etc...but it is not athletic yet.    For my life, that is fine because I hung up the cleats many many years ago...However....based on where I am at today I expect to be back to modest sports activities in about 2-3 more months.   If it's 4 months...that's fine. I'm in no hurry since my necessities are being met.

My "Duck Ass" Or Anterior Pelvic tilt (APT) is 87% resolved. It is not noticeable to the onlooker and I do not feel back pain from it any longer. It also does not affect my final height and it's not bothersome anymore.   Where the APT comes into play the most is when I have sat or laid down a bit.  Overall the tightness from resting the legs for a little while makes it so I need to take about 15-20 warmup steps and just stretch for a few minutes before I am loose again.   The reason for this is because again, the quadriceps are still tight (They get a tiny bit looser every day).  In time, these will continue to loosen through my stretching and strengthening.   Moral of this story and why do I share it?....I want prospect CLL'ers to know that the feared "Duck Ass", is in most cases nothing more than just tight quads and weak glutes. That's it.  Work your glutes, walk, and stretch and it will go away... Nice thing is that the Duck Ass will reduce it self to a point where you won't notice it much well before it's totally gone.  Incorporate a few extra work outs to your general routine and it will dissapait in weeks to months. (It's not a years thing). 

Guys, I'm so happy.   I cannot tell you how much this has improved my life and I'm so so so thankful for all the support you have given me, Dr. M has given me, my PT has given me, my family has given me....and the list goes on.  I could not have done this without everyone involved. It takes a village.......(wait for it)............. to be successful at CLL.    I will do another post in a couple of months that focuses just on the impact this has made for my life and that will also require me to disclose how height impacted me before CLL; I trust that you guys will be able to relate to me in so many ways.  I'll close out with this statement... "I'm Finally Free".

Thank you again you guys, I'll update once again next Sunday and ..... Those Fireworks on July 4th...here in the USA...well those have two meanings this year...Obviously, celebrating independence; but additionaly, I'm celebrating my freedom from height dysporhia.   

Talk soon!

IFS
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:52:56 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

PANDA:BEAR..

Hey ..IFS.. thanks for another great update..  your surgery and recovery has been amazing..
It's just shows how.. great planning and going with the right doctor.. gets you impresse results.
Well done ... buddy!!!! Keep us posted ...

FutureManuteBol

Don't let up, My man. Keep pushing for better recovery every single day. Don't let up until you're at least a year post surgery! I'm thinking of scheduling my consultation with Dr. Paley soon.

MichaelJose

(Sunday) Day 177 Post Op - Day 84 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good morning CLL'ers!

Another update coming live from sunny So Cal.   As it turns out my condition continues to get better.  Today is by far the best I have felt with my legs since the day before surgery.    The CLL process has been a fascinating one to me.  If you're lucky enough; you truly do get a little bit better each and every single day.  I'm pushing up against 6 months now and I'll describe below what that means.  I know that the 6-month mark is somewhat the golden date that Doctors will typically inform you as far as walking normal again.  I'll explain what 6 months is to me...

6 Months for Me...

I can walk again.   I have some stiffness which can be felt and if examined very closely can be seen too. The tightness is from the quadriceps.  It does not impact me from doing anything out of necessity.   I can stand for as long as I need to and probably walk 2 - 3 miles without a break if I needed to.  I went on a trip about 2 weeks ago where I needed to walk about 60,000 steps over 5 days.   I was tired and there was some "Drag"; meaning my gait would be a tad off as the walking became prolonged, but It wasn't bad. I just look like a guy who maybe is "recovering from something" but nothing that indicated any major problems.  I was pretty normal to the common onlooker.   At 6 months I can do a slow jog and I have some versatility back.  I'm not flirting with athletics yet, however. I can do small jumping, hopping, pivots, etc...but it is not athletic yet.    For my life, that is fine because I hung up the cleats many many years ago...However....based on where I am at today I expect to be back to modest sports activities in about 2-3 more months.   If it's 4 months...that's fine. I'm in no hurry since my necessities are being met.

My "Duck Ass" Or Anterior Pelvic tilt (APT) is 87% resolved. It is not noticeable to the onlooker and I do not feel back pain from it any longer. It also does not affect my final height and it's not bothersome anymore.   Where the APT comes into play the most is when I have sat or laid down a bit.  Overall the tightness from resting the legs for a little while makes it so I need to take about 15-20 warmup steps and just stretch for a few minutes before I am loose again.   The reason for this is because again, the quadriceps are still tight (They get a tiny bit looser every day).  In time, these will continue to loosen through my stretching and strengthening.   Moral of this story and why do I share it?....I want prospect CLL'ers to know that the feared "Duck Ass", is in most cases nothing more than just tight quads and weak glutes. That's it.  Work your glutes, walk, and stretch and it will go away... Nice thing is that the Duck Ass will reduce it self to a point where you won't notice it much well before it's totally gone.  Incorporate a few extra work outs to your general routine and it will dissapait in weeks to months. (It's not a years thing). 

Guys, I'm so happy.   I cannot tell you how much this has improved my life and I'm so so so thankful for all the support you have given me, Dr. M has given me, my PT has given me, my family has given me....and the list goes on.  I could not have done this without everyone involved. It takes a village.......(wait for it)............. to be successful at CLL.    I will do another post in a couple of months that focuses just on the impact this has made for my life and that will also require me to disclose how height impacted me before CLL; I trust that you guys will be able to relate to me in so many ways.  I'll close out with this statement... "I'm Finally Free".

Thank you again you guys, I'll update once again next Sunday and ..... Those Fireworks on July 4th...here in the USA...well those have two meanings this year...Obviously, celebrating independence; but additionaly, I'm celebrating my freedom from height dysporhia.   

Talk soon!

IFS

Top man - congrats!

adidas

• Visitor

Great Job IFS on the 6 mth milestone. Actually, everyday is a milestone in LL journey or life for that matter. For regaining athletic or fitness level, I suggest that you can try the thread mill on a incremental pace increase. It has a progressive effect and something tangible to work with. i.e Start a 2.4 km (or any fix distance that is meaningful for you) and a pace of say 5.0. (lower pace if need be, once again up to you) With each daily walk (again up to you on the frequency), slowly work your way to a jog/run (probably pace 6.0 onward). You can watch videos or motivational clips as you walk/eventual run (do be mindful of safety of coz but it helps to pass the time and keep the discipline).It helps me in regaining my post LL fitness level in a sustainable and somewhat structured way. Great Job on your diary btw. You will serve as a guidance for other dream seeker.

MirinHeight

would like to see the scars from stryde surgery

thank you!
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

TheAlchemist

What an incredible milestone! Congrats on freeing yourself from height dysphoria. Your story and this diary will provide every future CLLer with the ability to understand what it truly takes to accomplish this incredibly challenging yet rewarding milestone.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

InFullStryde

Guys,

I really appreciate it. Your kind words and support help to fuel my endurance through what is a very tough process to live through.   With all this I mind; I'm dedicated and committed to help future CLL'ers.  I will continue to post weekly for an indefinite amount of time so that one can use my experience as a way to benchmark their process from "Wheelchair to Running".   

Thank you again!

All the best,

IFS
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

OGfivesevener

Congratulations IFS, and thank you.

verticalpush

InFullStryde, your diary has been such an inspiration for me (and others)! Thank you for maintaining such a detailed diary. Congrats on reaching your newest milestone -- I can't wait to get to the 6 month point!

InFullStryde

InFullStryde, your diary has been such an inspiration for me (and others)! Thank you for maintaining such a detailed diary. Congrats on reaching your newest milestone -- I can't wait to get to the 6 month point!

Vertical! Thanks, Man.  I just started following your diary and will chime in where I can to help.   The great thing about time is that it is for certain... 6 Months will get here sooner than we realize.   Keep going strong. 

IFS

Lalbadshah

InFullStryde, I need your help and advice, plz check PM, thanks

InFullStryde

InFullStryde, I need your help and advice, plz check PM, thanks

Hi Lalbadsha,

Glad to assist.  Check my PM when you can.

All the best,

IFS

JsElysianEagle

InFullStryde - I sent you a PM as well, if you could get back to me that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lalbadshah

Hi Lalbadsha,

Glad to assist.  Check my PM when you can.

All the best,

IFS

Thanks, sent my question by PM, plz PM back , thanks a lot

Lalbadshah

thanks for the response

OGfivesevener

Soooo, when did you or when do you foresee yourself feeling comfortable enough to engage in...intimate affairs?

MirinHeight

please post pictures of your scars from surgery,

thanks
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Lalbadshah

InFullStryde, I sent you another PM, plz check when you can, thanks.

FutureManuteBol

I'm just spoiled, but no update this past sunday?

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 177 Post Op - Day 91 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good afternoon CLLers!

Sorry for the delay in updating my status. It was been a bit on the crazy busy side the last several days.   I will keep it short for now and reserve a bigger update for next week.   I have my 6 month follow up with Dr. M next Tuesday. We will have latest X-rays in hand, I'll take some Scar Pictures for you and also upload my latest video of walking, etc.   

All is going well and all continues to get better.   I will say this... even after 6 months you have to continue to stretch and strengthen.  You won't be fully recovered and in order to maintain your progress; one must stretch and strengthen daily. I'd say at least 45 minutes dedicated to this per day is smart. 

Soooo, when did you or when do you foresee yourself feeling comfortable enough to engage in...intimate affairs?

Ha Ha, great question.  Hips come into play here; so I've been satisfactory in this area since about month 4-5 post operation; once my hip mobility began to return and the bone was consolidated enough for safety reasons.

I'll be back with a new update on around the 17th of July after I have X-Rays, Video, and some Scar photos for you guys review.

Thank you again for all your support.   It feels amazing to be walking 3 inches taller.

Talk soon,

IFS
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:11:18 PM by InFullStryde »

JsElysianEagle

Hi IFS! Eagerly awaiting a new video upload from you - cheers and thanks for keeping us posted all along your amazing journey!

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 199 Post Op - Day 106 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood afternoon CLL'ers,

I wanted to come with another update. Sorry that I was actually delayed a couple of weeks.   I had intended on creating a walking video that was accompanied by my latest X-Rays  as well as pictures of my Nail Insertion marks on my legs.  Well, I became so wrapped up with work and life in general(all good things) AND my legs felt decent enough; that I actually decided to postpone my appointment a few weeks.  So, now my next X-Rays will be in early August which will mark about 7 months post-op. 

My status is that I'm doing well.  I'm walking with no issue and will try to have a video for review very shortly. I actually believe I'll wait to do the video at my 7 month post op appointment at Dr. M since it's only 2 weeks from now. I'd like to deliver the X-Ray, Video, and Scar pictures in one clean package for you guys.

Legs are getting stronger, I can do full squats. Walk looks 95% normal.  Caveat is that when I sit down for a long period of time or lay down such as when you first wake up, my quads fell pretty darn tight and i need to warm them up and stretch them for a little while before the tightness wears off.   It gets a bit better each and ever day but it's definitely something that I'd like to see resolve it self soon. 

I'm able to walk up and down stars properly without holding an guard rails. I can walk with no issues 1.5 to 2 miles continuous without having to take a rest.   My legs do need to continue to strengthen however; as I do start to feel tired a bit early during these walks. It will take time.   I'm actually planning some heavy walking in August for events like Disneyland! and more which will really push me and I can't wait to do that.   

Flexibility is at about 80% I would say. Strength of my legs at this point, I'd say is maybe 50% since I have played it safe and not hit the gym hard with my legs yet. My strenthening to this point has focused around body weight training mainly and some light weighted squats and walking.  I still have some ways to go; but it gets a bit better each day.   My Anterior Pelvic Tilt (Duck Ass) which I was reporting about prior; is very very subtle at this point. Actually; its not noticeable to anyone other than me since I know how I was before CLL. For all intents and purposes, the Duck Ass is gone; but as my glute muscles come back in, and I continue to walk, this is all going to return to normal.  I'm so so close.   I hope this is good news to some of you out there who are just coming off the phase 1 of CLL and have APT. It will certainly go away; just keep stretching and walking.

As far as PT, I'm attending formal PT 2 times a week and I believe I will continue this up until mid August.  At that time I will likely take over my own PT chores and discontinue formal PT.  I plan on stretching and working out my legs for the rest of my life at this point.   I have just adopted the practice of improving flexibility and leg strength as a daily routine in effort to stave off any ill impacts of CLL as I age. 

I'll continue to re-summarize for all of you as time wears on; however, I will say that I believe my recovery was a tough one; but is going very well. I overcame my obstacles.   I had the surgery at 37, barely ever walked or exercised my legs for nearly 20 years, and had very average to below average flexibility. Was very tight in hips as well.  I had to really battle to make this process a successful one.  Gratefully, I lengthened 3 inches!...After 2 weeks post lengthening; my gait resembled a somewhat regular gait...(maybe 60%)...and after 5 months and 1 week, post op, the Walk looked pretty normal; but was still a bit tiresome after a while and I had to focus effort to maintain a regular gate.  At 6 months; the gait is pretty normal...(90%-95%) and the tightness is mainly something that you realize you have but isn't too noticeable to the outside.  At this point one can take strolls in the park, malls, etc and it's a really nice place to be again.  At this rate, I expect major gains in August and September; which would mark a 9 month point.    Isn't Stryde incredible?

Guys, Thank you again for all your support and for having my back.  What a challenging and rewarding process CLL can be for each and every one of us.   I don't think I could have been as successful throughout the procedure if it wasn't for your demonstrating of true empathy for a fellow man like myself.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you as you pursue your journey OR if you simply want to bounce off feedback.  I'm a man who was successful at 5'1 and genuinely happy.  I felt like my growing in height was the only thing I was not successful in during the course of my life, ha ha. So I decided to change it.  Now I'm 5'4 and I'm even more happier than before. I'll sum up the more deeper details of how this experience impacted me in a future post.

All the best,

IFS

P.S.

Hi IFS! Eagerly awaiting a new video upload from you - cheers and thanks for keeping us posted all along your amazing journey!

Thank you for checking in JEE!  Coming right up with the video! Appreciate you following my journey.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:15:24 PM by InFullStryde »

TheAlchemist

IFS your journey continues to inspire. It gives me hope by providing an example of the amazing, life changing results that one can get when they truly dedicate themselves to this incredibly challenging process.

Thank you for the summary, the timeline recap is especially helpful.

Keep moving forward!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

SimonFuller

WHAT A CHAMP!! Well done sir - you should be very proud of yourself.

fodawupa

good luck infullstride.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

lax2018

• Visitor

thanks a lot!!!!!

Bonez

Hey IFS thanks for another update. Not to butter your biscuit again but you really got the right mentality for this type of procedure. I am super excited for your video update and I love hearing that you are making significant progress. Since I'll be doing femurs I'm definitely freaking out about APT but I'm happy to hear it goes away.

I am tirelessly working 50-60 hours a week saving for this thing, so when morale goes low and I don't feel like signing up for overtime, updates like this really helps kick my a$$ into gear. After reading about your experience with stryde I know it will be worth it to wait a few months to afford stryde rather then being impatient and going for something cheaper.

A lot of us here anticipate and read every single update you do, so know that you have a lot of love and support here. Keep on keeping on and take your time with the video. Definitely would rather have a video at 7 months then at 6. Plus we know you have a life you need to attend to.

One last thing, there is something that you said that really resonated with me and its exactly the feeling I am looking to have after my procedure.

I'll close out with this statement... "I'm Finally Free".

I always think of a part of this song when I think of my life after LL and you reminded me of it:

"But in all of my salvation I still felt imprisoned inside
That holding cell that is myself,
So I wait for the day when I'll hear the key
As it turns in the lock and the guard will say to me
"Oh, my patient prisoner, you have waited for this day and finally,
You are free! You are free! You are freeeeee!

Glad your living your life brother and God Speed

InFullStryde

"But in all of my salvation I still felt imprisoned inside
That holding cell that is myself,
So I wait for the day when I'll hear the key
As it turns in the lock and the guard will say to me
"Oh, my patient prisoner, you have waited for this day and finally,
You are free! You are free! You are freeeeee!

Glad your living your life brother and God Speed

That is beautiful, man. Thank you and will continue to keep you posted.

21FRANCO

How tall are you?

Tomhard

Hey IFS!
I‘m in 8 weeks consolidation now.
Would recommend me to ride the homebike or walking with crutches?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32   Go Up