Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 53331 times)

InFullStryde

InFullStryde, your diary has been such an inspiration for me (and others)! Thank you for maintaining such a detailed diary. Congrats on reaching your newest milestone -- I can't wait to get to the 6 month point!

Vertical! Thanks, Man.  I just started following your diary and will chime in where I can to help.   The great thing about time is that it is for certain... 6 Months will get here sooner than we realize.   Keep going strong. 

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
In Full STRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Now in Consolidation/Recovery Phase. I am WALKING again!
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671.0

Lalbadshah

InFullStryde, I need your help and advice, plz check PM, thanks

InFullStryde

InFullStryde, I need your help and advice, plz check PM, thanks

Hi Lalbadsha,

Glad to assist.  Check my PM when you can.

All the best,

IFS

JsElysianEagle

InFullStryde - I sent you a PM as well, if you could get back to me that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lalbadshah

Hi Lalbadsha,

Glad to assist.  Check my PM when you can.

All the best,

IFS

Thanks, sent my question by PM, plz PM back , thanks a lot

Lalbadshah

thanks for the response

OGfivesevener

Soooo, when did you or when do you foresee yourself feeling comfortable enough to engage in...intimate affairs?

MirinHeight

please post pictures of your scars from surgery,

thanks
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182.5-184 cm
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian, Parihar, Danghoon Lee
new up and coming: Giotikas, Debiparshad

Lalbadshah

InFullStryde, I sent you another PM, plz check when you can, thanks.

FutureManuteBol

I'm just spoiled, but no update this past sunday?

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 177 Post Op - Day 91 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good afternoon CLLers!

Sorry for the delay in updating my status. It was been a bit on the crazy busy side the last several days.   I will keep it short for now and reserve a bigger update for next week.   I have my 6 month follow up with Dr. M next Tuesday. We will have latest X-rays in hand, I'll take some Scar Pictures for you and also upload my latest video of walking, etc.   

All is going well and all continues to get better.   I will say this... even after 6 months you have to continue to stretch and strengthen.  You won't be fully recovered and in order to maintain your progress; one must stretch and strengthen daily. I'd say at least 45 minutes dedicated to this per day is smart. 

Soooo, when did you or when do you foresee yourself feeling comfortable enough to engage in...intimate affairs?

Ha Ha, great question.  Hips come into play here; so I've been satisfactory in this area since about month 4-5 post operation; once my hip mobility began to return and the bone was consolidated enough for safety reasons.

I'll be back with a new update on around the 17th of July after I have X-Rays, Video, and some Scar photos for you guys review.

Thank you again for all your support.   It feels amazing to be walking 3 inches taller.

Talk soon,

IFS
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:11:18 PM by InFullStryde »

JsElysianEagle

Hi IFS! Eagerly awaiting a new video upload from you - cheers and thanks for keeping us posted all along your amazing journey!

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 199 Post Op - Day 106 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED...[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood afternoon CLL'ers,

I wanted to come with another update. Sorry that I was actually delayed a couple of weeks.   I had intended on creating a walking video that was accompanied by my latest X-Rays  as well as pictures of my Nail Insertion marks on my legs.  Well, I became so wrapped up with work and life in general(all good things) AND my legs felt decent enough; that I actually decided to postpone my appointment a few weeks.  So, now my next X-Rays will be in early August which will mark about 7 months post-op. 

My status is that I'm doing well.  I'm walking with no issue and will try to have a video for review very shortly. I actually believe I'll wait to do the video at my 7 month post op appointment at Dr. M since it's only 2 weeks from now. I'd like to deliver the X-Ray, Video, and Scar pictures in one clean package for you guys.

Legs are getting stronger, I can do full squats. Walk looks 95% normal.  Caveat is that when I sit down for a long period of time or lay down such as when you first wake up, my quads fell pretty darn tight and i need to warm them up and stretch them for a little while before the tightness wears off.   It gets a bit better each and ever day but it's definitely something that I'd like to see resolve it self soon. 

I'm able to walk up and down stars properly without holding an guard rails. I can walk with no issues 1.5 to 2 miles continuous without having to take a rest.   My legs do need to continue to strengthen however; as I do start to feel tired a bit early during these walks. It will take time.   I'm actually planning some heavy walking in August for events like Disneyland! and more which will really push me and I can't wait to do that.   

Flexibility is at about 80% I would say. Strength of my legs at this point, I'd say is maybe 50% since I have played it safe and not hit the gym hard with my legs yet. My strenthening to this point has focused around body weight training mainly and some light weighted squats and walking.  I still have some ways to go; but it gets a bit better each day.   My Anterior Pelvic Tilt (Duck Ass) which I was reporting about prior; is very very subtle at this point. Actually; its not noticeable to anyone other than me since I know how I was before CLL. For all intents and purposes, the Duck Ass is gone; but as my glute muscles come back in, and I continue to walk, this is all going to return to normal.  I'm so so close.   I hope this is good news to some of you out there who are just coming off the phase 1 of CLL and have APT. It will certainly go away; just keep stretching and walking.

As far as PT, I'm attending formal PT 2 times a week and I believe I will continue this up until mid August.  At that time I will likely take over my own PT chores and discontinue formal PT.  I plan on stretching and working out my legs for the rest of my life at this point.   I have just adopted the practice of improving flexibility and leg strength as a daily routine in effort to stave off any ill impacts of CLL as I age. 

I'll continue to re-summarize for all of you as time wears on; however, I will say that I believe my recovery was a tough one; but is going very well. I overcame my obstacles.   I had the surgery at 37, barely ever walked or exercised my legs for nearly 20 years, and had very average to below average flexibility. Was very tight in hips as well.  I had to really battle to make this process a successful one.  Gratefully, I lengthened 3 inches!...After 2 weeks post lengthening; my gait resembled a somewhat regular gait...(maybe 60%)...and after 5 months and 1 week, post op, the Walk looked pretty normal; but was still a bit tiresome after a while and I had to focus effort to maintain a regular gate.  At 6 months; the gait is pretty normal...(90%-95%) and the tightness is mainly something that you realize you have but isn't too noticeable to the outside.  At this point one can take strolls in the park, malls, etc and it's a really nice place to be again.  At this rate, I expect major gains in August and September; which would mark a 9 month point.    Isn't Stryde incredible?

Guys, Thank you again for all your support and for having my back.  What a challenging and rewarding process CLL can be for each and every one of us.   I don't think I could have been as successful throughout the procedure if it wasn't for your demonstrating of true empathy for a fellow man like myself.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you as you pursue your journey OR if you simply want to bounce off feedback.  I'm a man who was successful at 5'1 and genuinely happy.  I felt like my growing in height was the only thing I was not successful in during the course of my life, ha ha. So I decided to change it.  Now I'm 5'4 and I'm even more happier than before. I'll sum up the more deeper details of how this experience impacted me in a future post.

All the best,

IFS

P.S.

Hi IFS! Eagerly awaiting a new video upload from you - cheers and thanks for keeping us posted all along your amazing journey!

Thank you for checking in JEE!  Coming right up with the video! Appreciate you following my journey.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:15:24 PM by InFullStryde »

TheAlchemist

IFS your journey continues to inspire. It gives me hope by providing an example of the amazing, life changing results that one can get when they truly dedicate themselves to this incredibly challenging process.

Thank you for the summary, the timeline recap is especially helpful.

Keep moving forward!
Dr. Paley Patient- Bi Lateral Femurs with Stryde. Surgery completed Sep 17 2019. Distraction completed Dec 14 2019.
8 CM gain achieved.
Starting height: 5' 9 or 175cm
End Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm

SimonFuller

WHAT A CHAMP!! Well done sir - you should be very proud of yourself.

fodawupa

good luck infullstride.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

lax2018

• Visitor

thanks a lot!!!!!

Bonez

Hey IFS thanks for another update. Not to butter your biscuit again but you really got the right mentality for this type of procedure. I am super excited for your video update and I love hearing that you are making significant progress. Since I'll be doing femurs I'm definitely freaking out about APT but I'm happy to hear it goes away.

I am tirelessly working 50-60 hours a week saving for this thing, so when morale goes low and I don't feel like signing up for overtime, updates like this really helps kick my a$$ into gear. After reading about your experience with stryde I know it will be worth it to wait a few months to afford stryde rather then being impatient and going for something cheaper.

A lot of us here anticipate and read every single update you do, so know that you have a lot of love and support here. Keep on keeping on and take your time with the video. Definitely would rather have a video at 7 months then at 6. Plus we know you have a life you need to attend to.

One last thing, there is something that you said that really resonated with me and its exactly the feeling I am looking to have after my procedure.

I'll close out with this statement... "I'm Finally Free".

I always think of a part of this song when I think of my life after LL and you reminded me of it:

"But in all of my salvation I still felt imprisoned inside
That holding cell that is myself,
So I wait for the day when I'll hear the key
As it turns in the lock and the guard will say to me
"Oh, my patient prisoner, you have waited for this day and finally,
You are free! You are free! You are freeeeee!

Glad your living your life brother and God Speed

InFullStryde

"But in all of my salvation I still felt imprisoned inside
That holding cell that is myself,
So I wait for the day when I'll hear the key
As it turns in the lock and the guard will say to me
"Oh, my patient prisoner, you have waited for this day and finally,
You are free! You are free! You are freeeeee!

Glad your living your life brother and God Speed

That is beautiful, man. Thank you and will continue to keep you posted.

21FRANCO

How tall are you?

wanttaller

Hey IFS!
I‘m in 8 weeks consolidation now.
Would recommend me to ride the homebike or walking with crutches?

InFullStryde

How tall are you?

Hi Franco!  I was 5'1" and now I am just a bit over 5'4".  In a strong soled sneaker shoes, I'm about 5'6.

Thank you for your question. Feel free to reach out if I can help answer any other inquires for you.

Guys, I'll have another update this week.  Currently, I am updating my diary about every 2 weeks.  I'm coasting nicely through my recovery now. Walking 100% and can walk a few miles at a time (before requiring a brief rest).  I am meeting with Dr. M this week and will have my 7 month post-op x-rays, a new video of my walk and some other movements I can do now; as well as a summary of where I am at now with the CLL process.   

Grateful to all of you who have been kind, supportive, and helped me through this very special journey.   Also, I am noticing an increase in diaries overall and that is so great to see.   This forum is so helpful.   I hope the entire world can soon go Stryde nail so that each corner of the globe shall reap it's benefit.   

All the best,

IFS

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:48:50 PM by InFullStryde »

InFullStryde

Hey IFS!
I‘m in 8 weeks consolidation now.
Would recommend me to ride the homebike or walking with crutches?

Hi WantTaller, I'll message your privately on this item.

Cpl2012

Hi Infullstride. Could you please summarize how much does it cost you for the whole procedure? Other than wha you paid the Dr, what else you have to pay? Like PT sessions? I remember you said that PT paid ny insurance if i were right. What insurance do you have btw?
Thank you and congrats !! Im planning to have my done next year with DR M

InFullStryde

Hi Infullstride. Could you please summarize how much does it cost you for the whole procedure? Other than wha you paid the Dr, what else you have to pay? Like PT sessions? I remember you said that PT paid ny insurance if i were right. What insurance do you have btw?
Thank you and congrats !! Im planning to have my done next year with DR M

Hi Cpl,

I'm glad to assist.  I will try to come up with a more precise figure for you soon; however I would estimate that the general supplies needed for me, including a wheelchair, walker, crutches, cane, meal delivery, transportation to/from PT and Dr. office, and other general supplies, came out to about $1,000-$1,500, range.   

My prescription medicines and PT were both mainly covered by my Health Insurance which is a Health Net PPO.  My Co-Pay was about $25 per prescription or per PT Session....So in doing the math on that....I've had about 60 formal PT sessions roughly through 7 months - So the cost of that has been about $1500-$2000 

This is a great question.  One must keep in mind that there are auxiliary costs outside of the surgery to consider.   Also, there is some off-setting of course. You won't be going out much or driving; so you will save substantially on that....as well as other costs saving as a result of your lesser activity during CLL.  Also note, that I lengthened at home and did not need to book a hotel...Also, Dr M is local to where I live, so no hefty transportation fees for Air Travel, Train, etc.  I also own my own company; So I was able to work remotely the entire time I was going through CLL.   I took 90 days out of the office; but still worked remotely and I didn't have any pressure from the "Boss'....well...I did..but I pressured myself. LOL.  The CLL process was as convenient as a CLL process can be since I am a business owner with employees which handle my company operations and I live close to Dr. M offices.

The Surgery for me was $72,500...+ $1500 (supplies) + $2000 (PT + prescriptions.)   I'd say, all in all, I spent about $75,000-$76000) for everything. 
I hope this answers your question! 

All the best,

IFS
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 04:06:59 PM by InFullStryde »

Movie

Hi Franco!  I was 5'1" and now I am just a bit over 5'4".  In a strong soled sneaker shoes, I'm about 5'6.

Thank you for your question. Feel free to reach out if I can help answer any other inquires for you.

Guys, I'll have another update this week.  Currently, I am updating my diary about every 2 weeks.  I'm coasting nicely through my recovery now. Walking 100% and can walk a few miles at a time (before requiring a brief rest).  I am meeting with Dr. M this week and will have my 7 month post-op x-rays, a new video of my walk and some other movements I can do now; as well as a summary of where I am at now with the CLL process.   

Grateful to all of you who have been kind, supportive, and helped me through this very special journey.   Also, I am noticing an increase in diaries overall and that is so great to see.   This forum is so helpful.   I hope the entire world can soon go Stryde nail so that each corner of the globe shall reap it's benefit.   

All the best,

IFS

great to hear you officially say youre walking back at 100% IFS! May you continue a great recovery and hopefully stay with us for a little while, I know most vets disappear after their process
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian

InFullStryde

great to hear you officially say youre walking back at 100% IFS! May you continue a great recovery and hopefully stay with us for a little while, I know most vets disappear after their process

Thank you, Movie.  Welcome to your first CLL Monday!  I can tell you're doing great.  Your positive attitude is everything through this process.  I'm going to stick around for sure.   I really appreciated all the help I got from veterans and I'd like to return the favor to new and prospect CLL'ers. 

All the Best,

IFS

FutureManuteBol

Hi IFS

Since the femurs are naturally tilted in, did you have any problems with the lengthening throwing off the mechanical axis of your legs and causing x legs or knock knees? I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't cause this, but I guess you would know the best.

InFullStryde

Hi IFS

Since the femurs are naturally tilted in, did you have any problems with the lengthening throwing off the mechanical axis of your legs and causing x legs or knock knees? I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't cause this, but I guess you would know the best.

That is a great question.  As for my situation, fortunately, no apparent x-legs or knock knees, by either feel or appearance.  The legs are the same function with just a longer femur.  The main issue that I had to deal with was the tightness of the rectus femoris muscle, a quadriceps muscle, that wraps it self around the pelvis. As it tightens it created the slight anterior pelvic tilt.  That certainly is an awkward feeling that impacts your walk and can be rather painful on your lower back.  Fortunately, with PT, plenty of walking and with time, my ATP subsided and it no longer noticeable and hardly felt.  It should dissipate by 100% within the next few months if my best guess serves me well.

Having said all this... stretching out those femurs certainly has an impact on so many muscle groups and it's an adjustment for sure. Getting used to walking on long femurs is a unique experience.  You get used to it and it looks and feels more natural to me now. I'll upload my 7-month walking video shortly for review.   

Keep the questions coming guys. I'm here to help.

Thank you and all the best,

IFS

tom paul 24

Hi IFS
I was wondering if you had to do the IT band release.I don't know much about IT band so that's why i'm asking.
And if yes how much did it cost?

InFullStryde

Hi IFS
I was wondering if you had to do the IT band release.I don't know much about IT band so that's why i'm asking.
And if yes how much did it cost?

Hi Tom!

All the United States based doctors will cut your IT band by default.  A person with average or even above average flexibility will struggle to gain 3 inches if they do not lengthen the IT band.   The cost of IT Band release is included in the surgery I paid for Dr. M services and I believe it is the same with Dr. D, Dr. P, or Dr. R.  (All appear to be reliable doctors). 

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up