Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122425 times)

InFullStryde

Hi IFS—how long does it take for the bone to fill in and harden after the growth stops? My distraction is smaller than yours but curious how long it took for yours?

Hi Bgreeneee!

My bones had shown a real nice fusing together as early as 4-6 weeks post lengthening and I was able to resume most if not all activity, with exception to high impact weightlifting and running.  Weeks 12+ post lengthening, I was much consolidated to a point where I could resume everything that my body was able to tolerate.  I would give it 12 weeks post lengthening before making to much of an assessment of your bone growth.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Dreamer57

Hello ...
Just read your diary, seems to me as an incredible journey...
I have few questions...
1) Can you do all the normal activities like a normal person, I mean, if we meet right now would I be able to notice from your walking that you had ll, or your walking is back to normal as if nothing ever happened?
2) It would really be awesome if you could post some xrays of your consolidated bone, it'll help me a lot in my research of bone formation, alignment, and walking/running capacity....

Wassermelone

• Visitor

Hey i have a question,

How long did you need to wann normal so noboady nötiges that you did limbthening ?

What do you think can you travel the World ?

How fast can you rum?

InFullStryde

Hello ...
Just read your diary, seems to me as an incredible journey...
I have few questions...
1) Can you do all the normal activities like a normal person, I mean, if we meet right now would I be able to notice from your walking that you had ll, or your walking is back to normal as if nothing ever happened?
2) It would really be awesome if you could post some xrays of your consolidated bone, it'll help me a lot in my research of bone formation, alignment, and walking/running capacity....

Hi Dreamer!

First off, thank you for following my diary. My journey was an epic battle between my will-power and aging legs (I was 37 at the time of surgery)

1) I can do all the activities of a normal person and you would not be able to tell I had any kind of surgery.  I would say that at about the 6-7 month post-operation; my gait was resolved enough to where no one could notice a thing.  I'm now 12 months post-op and my walk is completely normal.  I think my walk is even better than it was before surgery simply because I have a longer and more attractive, stronger stride.  I am able to jog quite well also, however, my overall ability to run is not there. I partially blame myself for that since  I have not been pushing it to hard since month 7 or so.  I simply have been taking long walks and always up and about that that alone helps you.  At this pace, with training, I should be able to run again in about 6 months is my estimate; which would bring me to 1 1/2 years post-op. We'll see how this goes.  I can jog quite well...As I mentioned.

2) I haven't gotten x-rays done since month 7 and I believe they are in my dairy.  Try to search around that 210-day mark and you should see them.  They are the last x-rays I posted.  My bones are totally fused and the callus is getting stronger.  My belief is that as the bones heal; the muscles more or less fasten properly (Muscle is attached to bone), and this attributes to faster resolution toward recovery.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

All the best,

IFS
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

Hey i have a question,

How long did you need to wann normal so noboady nötiges that you did limbthening ?

What do you think can you travel the World ?

How fast can you rum?

Hi Wasser!

1) It took me about 6-7 months before my gait was resolved enough to be fully undetectable, in my opinion.  Your gait continues to improve rapidly beyond the 4 and 5-month point, post-op.  Today at 12 months post-op, my gait feels better than it ever has in my life. 

2) I can travel the world and finally..I can do it comfortably!

3) I can do a slow to moderate speed jog. I'm not quite able to run (sprint) yet.  When I try to run fast; It feels a bit painful and almost like I may be pushing it to far; so I stop that activity. I believe I'll be able to run at the 18 month post-op mark, at this pace.  I'll keep the forum updated.

Thank you again for your question and feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

All the Best,

IFS

Dreamer57

Awesome man! Enjoy your life...
Also keep us updated ....if possible maybe you could upload some kind of a video to show your gait without revealing yourself....would be awesome....also latest x-rays would be interesting to see....

Just saying....

Enjoy!

MichaelJose

Have you taken down your vids bro?

Fixing-LLD

• Visitor

Hi InFullStryde.

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. M in early March. I was wondering if you might answer a few questions.

1a. Have your femur rods been removed?

1b. If so, how is the recovery process? Is it easier than after the insertion surgery? Any details you can provide are greatly appreciated.

21FRANCO

Hey man once again congrats.

Are the scars really big from the procedure?

Also do you have any pics you could share of your legs ..

BoneStretching

Full Stryde, what is your wing span?

InFullStryde

Lol @bones.  What's yours ?

infinity&beyond

Are you back to normal life? I’m thinking if 2.5cm femur and 2.5cm tibia

InFullStryde

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've updated. I'll be sure to chime in shortly on here.  I'm back to normal living!  It is now 1 year and 3 months post-op.   I will just say that the surgery was life changing, worth every penny and the best decision I have ever made.

Nestor

Great to hear that everything is going good IFS! Have you had the rods removed yet? Do you find any niggles or pains after 1+ years post op?

snowpiecer

Hi IFS!
I just did 7.5 cm internal femurs. I just realised I have an anterior pelvic tilt/ hyperlordosis. I know you also had it. Can you tell me what did you do to fix it? After how long did it go away? Did your height increase by like 1cm after fixing it?

InFullStryde

Great to hear that everything is going good IFS! Have you had the rods removed yet? Do you find any niggles or pains after 1+ years post op?

Hi Nestor!  Sorry for the delay in responding.  It is now 1 year and 5 months since my surgery. I plan to have the Rods removed before the end of the year and likely within the next few months.   I still have the rods in at this time.    Right now, I rarely have any kind of pain and my legs feel completely normal. On occasion, I will feel a bit of soreness resulting from some tightness that I'm still working out in my quad muscles.  All-in-All, I feel no pain and am very comfortable.   

I'll be updating my diary shortly with more details related to my CLL outcomes, impacts, as well as the nail removal process.

All the Best,

IFS

InFullStryde

Hi IFS!
I just did 7.5 cm internal femurs. I just realised I have an anterior pelvic tilt/ hyperlordosis. I know you also had it. Can you tell me what did you do to fix it? After how long did it go away? Did your height increase by like 1cm after fixing it?

Hi Snowpiecer,

I completely understand what you're going through.  Here is the good news.  APT WILL GO AWAY and it is NOT a permanent state for you.  Within about 2 months after I completed distraction, the APT wasn't noticeable.  I still felt it however and as each passing month goes by, APT will resolve itself.   

To fix it:  Walk 1-2 miles everyday at least,  do exercises that will stretch your quadriceps, and strengthen your glutes.  Also, incorporate abdominal workouts.   Your APT is from tight hips/quads and weak butt, abs.   Planks are one of my favorite exercises to combat this.   In all, we're just talking about 20-30 minutes of stretching and strengthening in these areas, each day  We should all be doing that anyways regardless of whether we did CLL or not.   In my diary I listed several videos that can help. Please browse through when you have some time.

Good luck and All the best,

IFS

184dream

About the tendon release surgery what did the doctor told you about biceps femoris. It band. Did you meet an older patient

Movie

Good to hear from you again IFS 1 year 5 months wow, time flies lol.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

InFullStryde

Good to hear from you again IFS 1 year 5 months wow, time flies lol.

Hi Movie! It sure does, man.  Congratulations on getting through the 'brunt' of the CLL journey. It's all good from here as we train and recover; but man o man; isn't it nice to walk again and be normal?! Ha - Ha. What a journey and life-changing.  Another lease on life to be honest.   Congratulations and let's keep in touch.  Big things ahead for us both.

Movie

Hi Movie! It sure does, man.  Congratulations on getting through the 'brunt' of the CLL journey. It's all good from here as we train and recover; but man o man; isn't it nice to walk again and be normal?! Ha - Ha. What a journey and life-changing.  Another lease on life to be honest.   Congratulations and let's keep in touch.  Big things ahead for us both.
Thanks IFS! definitely is (: haha. Yeah we'll stay in touch IFS glad to hear from you again man you've been MIA lately lol
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

snowpiecer

Hey! Did you look at both pictures? Cuz the one when I relax my body is below. Sorry to send this here. I exceeded the max number of messages in 1 hour  xD

InFullStryde

Hey! Did you look at both pictures? Cuz the one when I relax my body is below. Sorry to send this here. I exceeded the max number of messages in 1 hour  xD

Hi Snow! Yes, I sure did. You're doing just fine with the APT.  The relaxed is fine for the 5-month point.  The APT will gradually improve.  One note: It's positive that you're able to tighten your abs and glutes and come that close to straitening.  When someone has serious/severe APT, post-CLL, not even the flexing allows them to be closer to the upright position again.  You're good to go and its all comparable to good/normal pace in the CLL process.

snowpiecer

Great to hear that! That's a relieve cuz I was really starting to worry about my APT. Thanks again for reviewing the photos. Much appreciate it. As of now, I'm gonna exercise even more everyday.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:28:33 AM by snowpiecer »

InFullStryde

Great to hear that! That's a relieve cuz I was really starting to worry about my APT. Thanks again for reviewing the photos. Much appreciate it. As of now, I'm gonna exercise even more everyday.

I must say; one of the harder aspects of the entire CLL process for me was where I needed to have patience post-distraction.   Once distraction is completed; you just want the entire thing to be over with.  Realistically, you start to feel normal and begin to celebrate around 6/7 months.    6/7 months is no big deal.

lang319

• Visitor

It took me a week to completely read the theme of INS. From the first page to here, the powerful IFS is beautiful! It has given me a great incentive. I have been swinging whether to do it, I think, I am now Seriously consider doing LL surgery.IFS,thanks!!

k1erz

What a fantastic and inspiring diary.

You’re one of the reasons I’ll be going ahead with this procedure next year, hopefully with Giotikas or Paley.

InFullStryde

It took me a week to completely read the theme of INS. From the first page to here, the powerful IFS is beautiful! It has given me a great incentive. I have been swinging whether to do it, I think, I am now Seriously consider doing LL surgery.IFS,thanks!!

Thank you for the kind words, Lang!  If you need any advice along the way, feel free to reach out!

All the Best,

IFS

InFullStryde

What a fantastic and inspiring diary.

You’re one of the reasons I’ll be going ahead with this procedure next year, hopefully with Giotikas or Paley.

Hi K1erz, I'm so glad that you found my diary helpful in your decision-making process. CLL changed my life for the better and I'm so glad I decided to go forward with this life changing procedure!  You cannot go wrong with either surgeon.   If you need any advice along the way; feel free to reach out.

All the Best,

IFS

Movie

IFS do you have any pains still lingering around? I'm almost 1 year post op and my right knee and thigh have been killing me in the night lately it's been maybe like a week! /:
Nails removed 10/06/2021

InFullStryde

Hi Movie,

It is completely normal to have lingering pains 1-year post-op. Another CLL Legend, Bone Stretching, was just mentioning that to me the other day regarding those lingering pains.   Back at my one year point; I indeed had those "every so often pains".   This comes from your body adjusting to "normalized" activity while it is still healing.  One has to remember that we endured a 'traumatic' event to both of our legs and although we are one-year post-op; we are technically just approaching the 9-month point since our last lengthening session.   

Having said all of this; I had lingering pains that came and went at the 1-year point as well.  Now at 19 months post-op; I no longer experience any pain.   My only reminders of CLL are a light stiffness at-times and I'm still working to regain full strength in my legs.  This will take some more time, but I anticipate being closer to 100% at the 2-year point come January 2021.   

Keep us all posted on how you feel, but I anticipate you're doing just fine.   Perhaps lay off a bit on the training to let the built-up inflammation go down. I'm sure that this is all from pushing your legs very hard during your post distraction recovery.

All the best buddy!

IFS

P.S. I have to schedule my nail removal :::DREAD:::, Lol.  So, I will be back shortly to FIRST summarize my CLL procedure experience, the impact it has had on my life, and provide a full play-by-play for everyone on how the nail removal goes!   I'll keep you all posted on my surgery date!   I can't believe I'll be be back in the OR soon. Ha!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up