Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: tibia lengthening with Dr. sarin January 2019  (Read 6021 times)

tallmf

tibia lengthening with Dr. sarin January 2019
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:56:14 AM »

Hey guys,

I finally have done my surgery with Dr. Sarin.

Arrived in India on 31st of Dec
visited guest house and met with Dr. sarin on the same day.
Admitted on the hospital next day. Surgery was on 2nd of Jan, came to the guest house yesterday. pain-free only discomfort from the frame.

I'll write further details very soon

lengthgoals

• Visitor
Re: tibia lengthening with Dr. sarin January 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »

Can't wait for it mate!

tallmf

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »

how do i upload my x-rays guys?

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:12:18 AM »

how do i upload my x-rays guys?
upload it on imgur and share the link here
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

tallmf

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 01:21:31 PM »

Hi guys. my first x-ray after the 10th day of lengthening.

I'm open to your opinions and comments.

feel free to be brutally honest. please see attached image

https://imgur.com/a/TCPGNnA

cheekycabs

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »

Not really much to say, how are you holding up? Pain level?
What meds do they currently have you on?
What kind of Physiotherapy are you doing?

X ray looks pretty standard. Stay strong dude.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

montahn

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 07:57:37 PM »

Hey guys,

I finally have done my surgery with Dr. Sarin.

Arrived in India on 31st of Dec
visited guest house and met with Dr. sarin on the same day.
Admitted on the hospital next day. Surgery was on 2nd of Jan, came to the guest house yesterday. pain-free only discomfort from the frame.

I'll write further details very soon

Thanks for your post. what is your actual height & goal height ??

any info for cost of LL ??

plz keep this thread alive till full recovery

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

tallmf

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 04:36:29 AM »

Thank you very much

while I was in the hospital (first 7 days) pain was managed by epidural and injections, so honestly, it was not as painful as I thought it would be, whenever my pain level went up, I asked the nurses for injections. when they discharged my 7th day I was pain-free, I had a couple of days of good sleep in the guest house. then started lengthening.

during the first day of lengthening, I felt the nerve pain ( shooting pain in the feet) after that few days it went smooth. obviously, there is discomfort and a minor bearable pain which wouldn't let you sleep. However, I managed it with painkiller pills.

during the 8th day of lengthening again, the discomfort and pain were little increased. I have been advised this will last for a couple of weeks until my body adjust to the new changes that are being made. again this pain I'm talking about is not dying pain. manageable with painkillers if you need some sleep. so far no nerve pain. overall,  I'm doing okay. but the discomfort sucks. only regret I have is that I did not do this surgery years ago because it was cheaper back then with Dr. Sarin. because on the internet they will freak you out saying it is dying pain bla bla. if you lengthen 1mm pain is manageable in the night. if it's too much, go for .75mm a day. as long as you don't have nerve pain in the feet you can manage. but I know this is not the end. there is a long way to go.... it is psychologically challenging as well, so I keep reminding myself why I need this surgery so bad in the first place. feel the pain now enjoy the results later.

tallmf

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 04:42:13 AM »

my initial height 163cm. I am aiming for 6 or 6.5cm, depending on how I progress and cope.

cost I have paid 17000 usd ( including food , Indian food from kitchen at the guest house). but the usual price is 17500 usd without food.

the reason for the discount was, I have been in touch with them since early 2017 + prior to my travel to India, I have traveled to Kurgan, Russia and Saint Petersburg then I have changed my mind and decided to come to Dr. sarin , so they knew that I have wasted t a few thousand dollars already. so I got a bargain.

montahn

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 08:02:01 PM »

my initial height 163cm. I am aiming for 6 or 6.5cm, depending on how I progress and cope.

cost I have paid 17000 usd ( including food , Indian food from kitchen at the guest house). but the usual price is 17500 usd without food.

the reason for the discount was, I have been in touch with them since early 2017 + prior to my travel to India, I have traveled to Kurgan, Russia and Saint Petersburg then I have changed my mind and decided to come to Dr. sarin , so they knew that I have wasted t a few thousand dollars already. so I got a bargain.

Thanks for your reply.  if possible go to 9cm but try 7.5. follow thr instruction. i also contact Dr Sarin he says that i can go near 10 cm. I have same height as you. my target is 10cm

Thanks. :)

162cm  goal 177cm

tallmf

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »

It's not a good idea to do 9cm or 10 cm in the one-segment mate, do some researches.

last night my shin burning pain was severe, couldn't sleep. today feeling okay.

I'm also started to feel the tightness in the Achilles tendon on the left leg.

Jubartt169

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 03:34:42 PM »

Hey, im 17 and 1,68 (5'6''). I wish you good recovery.

About the lengthening, they usually do 1mm per day or .75, right ? if you'd ask for them to do .55mm or even less, it would be painless ?

Excited to see the end of this story..

Good luck

Adios

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 06:00:14 AM »

Hi tallmf best of luck for your lengthening.
Could you tell me why you chose Dr. Sarin ? Because i am also searching for good doctor for my surgery, i want to do it with in 1 month.
And pls could you explain about you procedure.

montahn

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »

Hey, im 17 and 1,68 (5'6''). I wish you good recovery.

About the lengthening, they usually do 1mm per day or .75, right ? if you'd ask for them to do .55mm or even less, it would be painless ?

Excited to see the end of this story..

Good luck

Its depend on your recovery speed. you can go 1mm/day until feeling pain. if you fill pain then go to .75 mm. but plz follow doctor instruction.

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm

montahn

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 07:03:14 AM »

Hi tallmf best of luck for your lengthening.
Could you tell me why you chose Dr. Sarin ? Because i am also searching for good doctor for my surgery, i want to do it with in 1 month.
And pls could you explain about you procedure.

On may 2018 i contact dr sarin he reply that near 4 inch(10cm) cost $17500USD if you are indian then its approx 10 lakhs. lengthening process of 1mm per day for at least 75-100day(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) that requires you stay in Delhi. Includes every thing except food. this is the cost of external surgery and accommodation, physio, etc. you can drive car after 7 - 10 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). for normal walk you need at least 5 to 6 months.  Daily food cost $4 - $7 depending on your taste. you can download local food delivery app and order.

Hope its help

Thanks
162cm  goal 177cm

Adios

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »

On may 2018 i contact dr sarin he reply that near 4 inch(10cm) cost $17500USD if you are indian then its approx 10 lakhs. lengthening process of 1mm per day for at least 75-100day(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) that requires you stay in Delhi. Includes every thing except food. this is the cost of external surgery and accommodation, physio, etc. you can drive car after 7 - 10 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). for normal walk you need at least 5 to 6 months.  Daily food cost $4 - $7 depending on your taste. you can download local food delivery app and order.

Hope its help

Thanks
Hi Montahn
Who gave you the impression that doing 10 cm is completely safe and wouldn’t disturb your biomechanics? If Dr Sarin has suggested then I seriously doubt his sense of medical judgement and ethics.What experience do you have to suggest me or anybody else regarding such an important surgery without being a patient or a doctor. I just want to cross check with the real patient here weather all those patients who recorded their ugly experiences in the old forum were trying to malign the doctor or were they genuinely truthful. As I am considering many doctors and Dr Sarin seems to be one of them.
Don’t gimmick others to approach a particular doctor only for your personal gain. I would sincerely request you to maintain the sanctity of this forum.

GrowTow

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »

Hi Montahn
Who gave you the impression that doing 10 cm is completely safe and wouldn’t disturb your biomechanics? If Dr Sarin has suggested then I seriously doubt his sense of medical judgement and ethics.What experience do you have to suggest me or anybody else regarding such an important surgery without being a patient or a doctor. I just want to cross check with the real patient here weather all those patients who recorded their ugly experiences in the old forum were trying to malign the doctor or were they genuinely truthful. As I am considering many doctors and Dr Sarin seems to be one of them.
Don’t gimmick others to approach a particular doctor only for your personal gain. I would sincerely request you to maintain the sanctity of this forum.

I've contacted Dr Sarin too. My surgery is in March. The most i've been told to lengthen in 1 segment is 7.5cm. But he said the best option is to stop at 6.5cm if you don't want to take any risks. Or with cross lengthening you can do 13cm.

I myself don't think he's the safest Dr. But, from all the options that are under £100K I would say he's in the top 2. He has 15-30 patients a year for the past 15 years, maybe more now so no one is as experienced as him. He knows how to deal with each problem as he's gone through it with hundreds of patients.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

montahn

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 06:14:07 PM »

Hi Montahn

Yes yes I ask him he said approx 10 cm but dont know the exact length height. its depend on patient and doctor. is thr any per inch cost ?? also i ask for 5 inch its cost USD 42,000 for 1 time. if you need two surgeries then the gap between two is more than one year. but i try 10 cm in first surgery.

in this forum a guy length 10cm.

thanks
162cm  goal 177cm

montahn

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

I've contacted Dr Sarin too. My surgery is in March. The most i've been told to lengthen in 1 segment is 7.5cm. But he said the best option is to stop at 6.5cm if you don't want to take any risks. Or with cross lengthening you can do 13cm.

I myself don't think he's the safest Dr. But, from all the options that are under £100K I would say he's in the top 2. He has 15-30 patients a year for the past 15 years, maybe more now so no one is as experienced as him. He knows how to deal with each problem as he's gone through it with hundreds of patients.

Yes for me 6.5cm is waste of money. instead lengthening 6.5cm i would like go for vacation. is thr any per inch cost ? plz ask him  and yes with cross lengthening you can do 13cm he also says that

Thanks 
162cm  goal 177cm

GrowTow

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 10:26:38 PM »

Yes for me 6.5cm is waste of money. instead lengthening 6.5cm i would like go for vacation. is thr any per inch cost ? plz ask him  and yes with cross lengthening you can do 13cm he also says that

Thanks

No, there's never a charge for per inch, that would be silly. It's $18500 for each segment or cross lengthening for $37000. I'm doing cross lengthening for $37000

Adios

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »

Man are you kidding me. For 100k pounds or even dollars you can get Paley or Bets to be your bitches. Why you want to go to a doctor who u are so much unsure about and has such a poor reputation not just among LL community but among Indian doctors as well.
If I had that kind of money I would choose anyone but him. I am gonna meet Dr. Parihar, Dr. Dhawan, Dr. Talwar and Dr. Sharma and meet their patients as well before taking my final decision.
Also we LLers make mistake of choosing the wrong doctor ourselves first and then blame all others for it.
Hope your surgery goes well with who ever you finally choose but I would strictly Suggest not to go to Dr Sarin. In last two I have learnt so much about him that I feel he is an insane maniac butcher.

GrowTow

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »

Man are you kidding me. For 100k pounds or even dollars you can get Paley or Bets to be your bitches. Why you want to go to a doctor who u are so much unsure about and has such a poor reputation not just among LL community but among Indian doctors as well.
If I had that kind of money I would choose anyone but him. I am gonna meet Dr. Parihar, Dr. Dhawan, Dr. Talwar and Dr. Sharma and meet their patients as well before taking my final decision.
Also we LLers make mistake of choosing the wrong doctor ourselves first and then blame all others for it.
Hope your surgery goes well with who ever you finally choose but I would strictly Suggest not to go to Dr Sarin. In last two I have learnt so much about him that I feel he is an insane maniac butcher.

Who said I have £100k and i'm pretty sure Dr Paley would be £190K. I'm only spending £36000. Dr Sarin doesn't have a poor reputation, from everyone that does LL he gets the most patients each year. There are Drs that are cheaper than him like the ones you have said yet still Sarin gets the most patients. I've looked at all the Drs you've said, their facilities literally look like a bike shop shed.

I trust the people i've spoken to; having talked to several Dr Sarin patients in the past year, not a single one has been butchered. You say you 'feel' he's an insane maniac butcher. Well I 'feel' you need mind your own damn business.

takura

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 07:16:51 PM »

I dont understand why people keep going back to this surgeon after he's botched so many folks, destroyed many lives all for the sake of money ....

Adios

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 08:10:33 AM »

Who said I have £100k and i'm pretty sure Dr Paley would be £190K. I'm only spending £36000. Dr Sarin doesn't have a poor reputation, from everyone that does LL he gets the most patients each year. There are Drs that are cheaper than him like the ones you have said yet still Sarin gets the most patients. I've looked at all the Drs you've said, their facilities literally look like a bike shop shed.

I trust the people i've spoken to; having talked to several Dr Sarin patients in the past year, not a single one has been butchered. You say you 'feel' he's an insane maniac butcher. Well I 'feel' you need mind your own damn business.

Just throwing tantrums wouldn't help you or your doctor. You seem fake to me. It's not just me who is saying this about Dr Sarin, you will find so many of his previous patients saying the same, at least all the sane ones do. Never mind will see you after your surgery in March on this forum with a placard in your hand mentioning date and name. Have a look at this video and you would say the same too.

Adios

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2019, 08:11:34 AM »

I dont understand why people keep going back to this surgeon after he's botched so many folks, destroyed many lives all for the sake of money ....

Exactly

GrowTow

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2019, 01:12:27 PM »

Just throwing tantrums wouldn't help you or your doctor. You seem fake to me. It's not just me who is saying this about Dr Sarin, you will find so many of his previous patients saying the same, at least all the sane ones do. Never mind will see you after your surgery in March on this forum with a placard in your hand mentioning date and name. Have a look at this video and you would say the same too.

I'm not throwing tantrums. I'm just sticking up for whats right. Since the bad stories about Dr Sarin, there has been several good diaries about him but people like you don't want to consider those and just be stuck on a video from 6 years ago. He doesn't even use that equipment anymore, from what I know he doesn't even employ the same people for the guest house either.

You say I seem fake and that's funny because I knew saying anything good about Dr Sarin would make y'all say that. I even told 4cms and tallmf on whatsapp that I won't post on their diaries but give my replies to them directly just because I know when it's time for my diary, people will end up saying it's fake. It's also funny because I talk to Dr Sarin's team and they think i'm the one who is fake. They're asking me for pictures of me because I keep messaging them saying I want to do it but haven't confirmed anything about myself yet. They probably think i'm wasting their time.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »

I'm not throwing tantrums. I'm just sticking up for whats right. Since the bad stories about Dr Sarin, there has been several good diaries about him but people like you don't want to consider those and just be stuck on a video from 6 years ago. He doesn't even use that equipment anymore, from what I know he doesn't even employ the same people for the guest house either.

You say I seem fake and that's funny because I knew saying anything good about Dr Sarin would make y'all say that. I even told 4cms and tallmf on whatsapp that I won't post on their diaries but give my replies to them directly just because I know when it's time for my diary, people will end up saying it's fake. It's also funny because I talk to Dr Sarin's team and they think i'm the one who is fake. They're asking me for pictures of me because I keep messaging them saying I want to do it but haven't confirmed anything about myself yet. They probably think i'm wasting their time.

You haven’t even done the surgery yet
How can you be so sure that Sarin is good after reading all these bad cases
That’s only your hope
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

takura

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2019, 04:29:53 PM »

The fact that Dr. Sarin paid for a pretend act that he's a great surgeon shows the unethical behaviors

If despite everything you've heard and read still decide to go to him, good on you!

If you recover without major problems, good on you!
If not, no one here would really symphatize with you tbh!

But lets just hope for the best, since you're going ahead with it and need positive assurance.

tallmf

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »

hey, guys looking for your suggestion.

I was 163 cm -pre-operation with tibia 36cm and femur 47cm. my wingspan 169cm.

I'm almost 4.5 to 5cm now, what is the good gain to stop according to my femur-tibia ratio?

thanks

4cms

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »

Just a quick response to that with regards to suppossed bad cases.
Now i know the story about that video and how ji jo didnt come and clean his pin sites and how de sarin said to him if you want to go you can go....
Well when i was there i asked about it, like what was going on there?
I was told the guy was from iran
- he wouldnt wait for dr sarin or ji jo to come attend to him and would throw tantrums and destroy his room and abuse staff.
- There are always 2 sides to every story, The guy didnt mention that dr sarin could not handle is tantrums and abusiveness so dr sarin offered him a refund which he TOOK! They removed the frames and he left!

So the fact that he did not tell the full story says alot about him.
I also have had complications and dr sarin told me that if it didnt go well i could come back and he would fix whatever complication i would have. At the time i was afraid of non union. Fair is fair.
I do admit dr sarin is abit slow to respond to quiries and doesnt come and see his patients alot but he has some positive points too

4cms

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 10:01:38 AM »

hey, guys looking for your suggestion.

I was 163 cm -pre-operation with tibia 36cm and femur 47cm. my wingspan 169cm.

I'm almost 4.5 to 5cm now, what is the good gain to stop according to my femur-tibia ratio?

thanks

You know my opinion, I wouldnt go past 6cms.
Just go to 6.5cms and dont wear lifts during your recovery because it will affect your calf muscle recovery.
So 6.5 max!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up