Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tibia lengthening is better than femur lengthening  (Read 1293 times)

MirinHeight

tibia lengthening is better than femur lengthening
« on: January 14, 2019, 05:25:13 PM »

1. Takes longer to get proper gait when lengthening femurs due to changes in biomechanics (hip/knee axis). Some people never recover full 100% proper gait.

2. fat embolism syndrome. higher chances with femur lengthening due to the femur being the bigger bone and thus more fat in the bone marrow.

Furthermore, the knee pain "risk" on here is overblown with internal tibias. Note that 90% of adults with tibia fractures get an internal rod placed, not external fixators. Professional athletes even get internal nails placed in their tibias when they get fractures playing high contact sports.
See: Earl Thomas, Gordon Hayward, and Alex Smith as recent professional athletes who got the precise placed in their tibias after breaking their tibias. You would think these high end doctors would consider placing external fixators for these athletes so they do not have to deal with knee pain when playing their respective sports. But all of them got a rod placed in their tibias.

currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

heightconsultant

Re: tibia lengthening is better than femur lengthening
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »

Furthermore, the knee pain "risk" on here is overblown with internal tibias.
Couldn't agree more with this. I don't know who invented this theory of "knee pain". Yes there is a risk of getting permanent pain, but only with inexperienced doctors who don't care about nerves and tendons when inserting the nails.

Even for those who go with external methods, lower leg lengthening has the advantage of being less painful than upper legs. Because less soft tissue is penetrated with pins on lower legs.

TinyTL

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »

both of you need to be banned the fk outta here. fking dumbass idiots, ruining this great community with misinformation, trolling and spam.

fkING LEAVE THE FORUM IDIOTS

MirinHeight

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:44 PM »

both of you need to be banned the fk outta here. fking dumbass idiots, ruining this great community with misinformation, trolling and spam.

fkING LEAVE THE FORUM IDIOTS

lol what
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:42:35 PM »

Furthermore, the knee pain "risk" on here is overblown with internal tibias. Note that 90% of adults with tibia fractures get an internal rod placed, not external fixators. Professional athletes even get internal nails placed in their tibias when they get fractures playing high contact sports.
See: Earl Thomas, Gordon Hayward, and Alex Smith as recent professional athletes who got the precise placed in their tibias after breaking their tibias. You would think these high end doctors would consider placing external fixators for these athletes so they do not have to deal with knee pain when playing their respective sports. But all of them got a rod placed in their tibias.

Excuse me, but then how should we understand these numbers - over 70% of tibia nail patients have permanent knee pain according to them?

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=99.msg2672#msg2672
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

short

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »

Regardless of which amount of lengthening?
Is there a comparison study to external fixators?
Great so you can choose between lifelong physical or mental pain.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:02:08 AM by short »

myloginacc

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 02:42:18 PM »

Somewhat related: besides external femurs being bulky, extremely uncomfortable, and apparently more painful than external tibias, is it really worse than external tibias in terms of outcomes?

I'd like to know how this conclusion came about.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

TinyTL

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 03:39:55 PM »

Somewhat related: besides external femurs being bulky, extremely uncomfortable, and apparently more painful than external tibias, is it really worse than external tibias in terms of outcomes?

I'd like to know how this conclusion came about.

i cant believe what im reading. you have 400+ posts on this forum and you should this kind of ignorance.
Please do externals femur, that should teach you a lesson.

myloginacc

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 03:58:15 PM »

i cant believe what im reading. you have 400+ posts on this forum and you should this kind of ignorance.
Please do externals femur, that should teach you a lesson.

Show.

Everyone knows external femurs are hell. That's why the subject isn't even discussed. However, I've never seen the statistics in terms of outcomes.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

short

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 06:47:27 PM »

So external tibia and internal femur to minimize chronical pain?
Pages: [1]   Go Up