Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's actually happening! :)  (Read 2084 times)

BoneBreaker

• Visitor
Re: It's actually happening! :)
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »

Where do you plan on getting the surgery? What website and what price?

hghguy

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:44 PM »

The long bones of the legs generally don't ossify until early 20's, and the spinal vertebrae epiphysis don't usually thin to hyaline cartilage until around 24-25. I'm rooting for you that you do reach 5'11", because it is very possible :)

Does hgh make spine to grow also? And yes i am injecting throughout the day. Currently 5 times/day.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »

The long bones of the legs generally don't ossify until early 20's, and the spinal vertebrae epiphysis don't usually thin to hyaline cartilage until around 24-25. I'm rooting for you that you do reach 5'11", because it is very possible :)

Most people are done with growing at 18. National growth curves show quite clearly that growth ends at around 18.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

heightjourney

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 02:29:16 PM »

Most people are done with growing at 18. National growth curves show quite clearly that growth ends at around 18.

Yes, bone growth is rapid during adolescence before sharply tapering off in the vast majority of the population in their early adult years, but this has more to do with reduction in hormone production than with the growth plates.

There are many links available, but here is just one:
https://gmch.gov.in/e-study/e%20lectures/Anatomy/BONE%20&%20CARTILAGE.pdf

Document excerpts:
- "In the long bones, the growing ends of the bone fuses with the shaft at about 20 years"
- "Epiphysis in bones other than the long bones fuses with the main part of the bone between 20-25 years"

A lot of sources have long bone fusion at 20-22 and vertebra at ~25.

So if one were to artificially prolong moderate to high levels of HGH and IGF-1 in their system from 18 to 25, they will certainly benefit from it. After that, they will just grow outward, not upward.

heightjourney

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 02:35:01 PM »

Does hgh make spine to grow also? And yes i am injecting throughout the day. Currently 5 times/day.

Yes, it does, up until the superior and inferior epiphysis of your vertebral body have thinned to hyaline cartilage. This occurs around your mid 20's, so you have a lot of time available to you.

heightjourney

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 02:43:38 PM »

Where do you plan on getting the surgery? What website and what price?

Doctor Solomin and Doctor Kulesh appear to be the best lower priced option at the moment, thanks to sanctions on Russia and the effects it has had on the Ruble.

If they have a site I am not aware of it, but Doctor Kulesh's email is "kulesh_pavel@mail.ru".

I am budgeting 24k USD, and am opting for LATN for both Tibia's and Femur's.

10K of that is living and miscellaneous expenses, and the other 14K is for the surgeries and medical expenses (internal nails, physio, etc).

It took me a while to be comfortable with internal nailing for the tibia's, but after reading into it enough, I strongly believe that the knee pain issue continuously raised in the forum has more to do with incompetent doctors than the procedure itself.

heightjourney

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 03:12:32 PM »

What would you do in my shoes to get that extra inch out of interest?Appreciate the support :)

I am not 100% researched on the topic since my growth plates are closed, but I still have some interest since the influence of growth hormones on bone thickness does not go away after growth plate closure.

From what I can tell, low doses of growth hormone spread throughout the day is the safest and most reliable way to promote growth, but growth hormone is very cost prohibitive.

99% of people on growth hormone use GH made in UGL's (Underground Labs, typically in India and China), and the quality is questionable despite even 100 IU of it costing at least a few hundred. At minimum, if you were to do bloods, you would find that 100 IU of pharmaceutical grade HGH would give far better results in comparison.

But pharmaceutical grade HGH is far more cost prohibitive and difficult to obtain. Personally, I do not want to describe how to source it and cost can vary a lot.

Peptides, such as Mod GRF (1-29), CJC-1295+DAC, etc, are the next best thing. They work by stimulating your own pituitary to release excess growth hormone. A short period of research will show you the difference in GH output and half life between the different peptides.

I would never use peptides personally, because although the research is small, some of it points to an increased risk of cancer with using peptides over HGH injections.

I am yet to be convinced, but would not risk it myself.

Research and studies on the use of Aromatase Inhibitors to treat short stature seem to speak for themselves. I welcome other people to correct me if I'm wrong, but AI's seem like the most accessible option with the most proven results. Illegal in more countries than it is legal though.

I did that in order of effectiveness with most to least promising in effectiveness in descending order, but most accessible to least accessible in ascending order :)

I have also read of other experimental drugs stimulating growth and having proven results. But they are highly experimental where side-effects are just too unknown at this point in time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:39:37 PM by heightjourney »

hghguy

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2019, 07:10:26 AM »

I am not 100% researched on the topic since my growth plates are closed, but I still have some interest since the influence of growth hormones on bone thickness does not go away after growth plate closure.

From what I can tell, low doses of growth hormone spread throughout the day is the safest and most reliable way to promote growth, but growth hormone is very cost prohibitive.

99% of people on growth hormone use GH made in UGL's (Underground Labs, typically in India and China), and the quality is questionable despite even 100 IU of it costing at least a few hundred. At minimum, if you were to do bloods, you would find that 100 IU of pharmaceutical grade HGH would give far better results in comparison.

But pharmaceutical grade HGH is far more cost prohibitive and difficult to obtain. Personally, I do not want to describe how to source it and cost can vary a lot.

Peptides, such as Mod GRF (1-29), CJC-1295+DAC, etc, are the next best thing. They work by stimulating your own pituitary to release excess growth hormone. A short period of research will show you the difference in GH output and half life between the different peptides.

I would never use peptides personally, because although the research is small, some of it points to an increased risk of cancer with using peptides over HGH injections.

I am yet to be convinced, but would not risk it myself.

Research and studies on the use of Aromatase Inhibitors to treat short stature seem to speak for themselves. I welcome other people to correct me if I'm wrong, but AI's seem like the most accessible option with the most proven results. Illegal in more countries than it is legal though.

I did that in order of effectiveness with most to least promising in effectiveness in descending order, but most accessible to least accessible in ascending order :)

I have also read of other experimental drugs stimulating growth and having proven results. But they are highly experimental where side-effects are just too unknown at this point in time.

What are those experimental drugs? Just curious. And where did you read about them.

hghguy

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »

Tell me please where did you hear about those drugs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up